Ikea high chair? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have this high chair from Ikea?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724

Love it? Hate it? I used to have a big ugly Fisher Price high chair for my older ds, but it took up way too much room, and it had too many nooks and crannies for collecting mess. So I'm looking for something a little smaller and easier to clean for dd. Any other suggestions are welcome too!

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

#2 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 04:18 PM

We don't have it, but I was at IKEA with a girlfriend and we were looking at it, it seemed a little wobbly to us?? But then again we were trying to wobble it...
#3 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 04:24 PM

I sold my daughter's high chair when she was a baby for the same reasons you mentioned ditching yours, and then I just used her Fisher Price Booster Seat.

coolshine.gif

#4 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 PM

I actually have TWO of them (one kid.. lol) It is the same hichair they have in the cafeteria area there at IKEA- pretty sturdy, SUUPERRR easy to clean, I cannot emphasize that enough-- SUUUPPRRRRRR easy to clean.

(We were in a temporary housing situation of 6 mos, so we re-bought some things, including the hichiar, is why I have two. )

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#5 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 PM

We have it and like it. Like the PP said, it's really easy to clean. And, it's pretty compact which is an added bonus.
#6 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 06:39 PM

We have it and I LOVE IT. It's way easy to clean and if we want to pull DS up to the table we can take the tray off. It's not wobbly for us, but our dining room is carpeted so maybe that makes a difference?

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#7 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 PM

I don't own it, but I use it every time we go to Ikea and eat in the restaurant. It is sturdy. I would buy it. We have a hand me down highchair, but if we didn't this would be the one we owned! I LOVE IKEA!!!
#8 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 PM

I love IKEA stuff. I don't think our house would be furnished at all if it wasn't for them. And thankfully, they have fairly good toxicity standards, or so I'm told. I figure they comply more with European Union requirements which are likely considerably better than in the US.

Wondered if anyone has used their new folding high chair, called Spoling? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00145060

Or the kind that clip on to the side of the table?

Riverscout, I'm going to check out the booster seat. We use a Svan at home but need something for G&G's house and we're in an apartment so space is always hard to come by.

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#9 of 24 Old 03-31-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicaG View Post
Anyone have this high chair from Ikea?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724

Love it? Hate it? I used to have a big ugly Fisher Price high chair for my older ds, but it took up way too much room, and it had too many nooks and crannies for collecting mess. So I'm looking for something a little smaller and easier to clean for dd. Any other suggestions are welcome too!
:::
We JUST got ours ..... and I love them. Our only problem is that my boys drop food in the floor ... not off the top, but through the leg holes!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#10 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyOrganique View Post
Wondered if anyone has used their new folding high chair, called Spoling? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00145060
I've asked my MIL to get us one. She's talking about going to Target too and I'm thinking "um... great, just include the receipt so I can return whatever huge thing you get there and please get me the portable Ikea one too??" but all I replied in the email was "just keep in mind we have a small space!"
#11 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 AM

Love it.

We have one at our house, one at Grandma's house, and one at Great-Grandma's house.

DH bought long wooden dowels the same diameter as the original legs, only several inches longer. He takes DS out to the workshop to do "projects" and switches out the legs so the highchair is the same height as their workbench. It's the cutest thing ever.

And it is super easy to clean.
#12 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverscout View Post
I sold my daughter's high chair when she was a baby for the same reasons you mentioned ditching yours, and then I just used her Fisher Price Booster Seat.
we have that exact chair and we did the same thing!

Ikea here has a really cute wooden high chair too. I was always so tempted to get it.

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#13 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 AM

We love ours. Small, easy to clean, and cheap!

We have never had a problem with sturdiness. Mine has a 40lb 2.5yo hanging off of it all the time, and it has never budged.

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#14 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 AM

Yay!!! totally glad to hear it's not wobbly as I had thought! Might just invest in one!!! We LOVE Ikea stuff!!
#15 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 AM

we love ours. I love that it's plain, no fabric, easy to clean, and sturdy.

DD is now 18 months and she's in a trip trap, which we also love Something to look forward to (and save up for )

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#16 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 AM

We just got one last weekend and so far, we love it! DB feels so happy sitting at eye level with us and banging his toys around. It's very sturdy and compact, and looks very easy to clean (we haven't started solids yet so I wouldn't really know).

We got the attachable tray and also a little stripy cushion that goes around the inside of the seat to offer more stability and padding. So cute.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#17 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How do I find the attachable tray? That looks awesome.
#18 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 AM

At our Ikea, they're downstairs with the high chairs in the furniture self-service area. The little cushions are in the baby section of the store.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#19 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazee View Post
How do I find the attachable tray? That looks awesome.
It's sold separately.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40076093

All of the sudden I'm feeling like throwing the kids in the car and going to Ikea, but it's 2 hours away. I guess we'd be there in time for lunch so baby could try out the high chair in the cafeteria while DD and I eat some Swedish meatballs. :

coolshine.gif

#20 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 11:03 AM

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that people like this chair. I bought one off of craigslist for super cheap because it looks so easy to use and to clean. Glad to hear it's just as functional as I'd hoped!

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#21 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 PM

We have it and we LOVE IT :. We bought the chair with the tray and the pillow. I first thought the chair was pretty ugly but now I think it's cute - or DD just looks awfully cute in it. It is very easy to clean and not wobbly at all.

joy.gif
#22 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 PM

I just remembered that I took this picture a couple of days ago. :

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mil8oi&s=5

#23 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 02:28 PM

I had it, I did love it but found the tray too be really annoying! It doesn't come off easily! I have swithched it for my booster seat!

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
#24 of 24 Old 04-01-2009, 05:36 PM

The legs can adjust separately so if it is wobbly, you can fix it. I have the "wooden" one and we like it just fine, though we're all clumsy and trip over the legs constantly LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page