Cough medicine for 10 month old??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2009, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
my 10 month old dd has a violent cough at night. I know it is just a cold, so I am not worried about it, but I would like to give her some relief at night. Any suggestions for Over the Counter medicine or homeopathic/natural remedies?

Thank you

xposted in health and healing

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak-cough meds r not recommended for kids under 2. try a cool mist humidifier w/ several drops of eucalyptus & thyme oil...it really helped us get thru our cold
Old 04-16-2009, 02:26 PM

My son had a very bad cough a couple of weeks ago. I looked for homeopathic remedies, but the only one I found was for ages 2 and up and contained honey, so no-go.

We ran our humidifier in the room at night, and that really calmed the cough so that he could sleep. The doctor said cool, humid air is best to break up the mucus, so we also cracked the window a bit to keep the room cool.

We have a regular warm mist humidifer, but I read that it's just as effective - the cool mist ones were designed so that baby wouldn't pull it over accidentally and get scalded.

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:16 PM

We use a glycerin based tincture of wild cherry which helps a lot.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:50 PM

I used Hylands homeopathic remedy "Sniffles and Sneezes" for Skyy. It worked almost instantly and he was healed before the kid he got it from was. I have used it myself (even though its for kids). It says for ages 2 and up, but the homeopath I talked to said use half the dose for him (6 months at the time). Cough syrups are dangerous and ineffective. I would avoid them at all costs. They stop the body from using its natural immune responses to kill and expell the virus by supressing "symptoms." Homeopathic remedies help the body fight. Also, hyldans makes a vitmain C for babies. Vitamin C is amazing for colds!

Placenta eating EC mom to my sweet DS Skyy 08/24/08 and Lotus Birth HBAC DD Aspen 01/13/2010 Healed by her birth

User Tag List