Poor Teething Baby! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2009, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 9mo is in horrible pain from teething. From what I can see in her tiny mouth is atleast two upper teeth and one bottom one coming in all at once. She is chewing on everything and drooling like a mad woman. She wears her amber necklace all day and I have also given her tylenol a couple of times and rubbed Hyland's teething gel on her little gums and chewing on fridge teething toys. This has been going on for days! Nothing is helping! Plus, all the night waking and not wanting to eat is taking its toll on baby and mom! Help, what else can I do? SOmething I am not thinking of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblondegirl View Post
My 9mo is in horrible pain from teething. From what I can see in her tiny mouth is atleast two upper teeth and one bottom one coming in all at once. She is chewing on everything and drooling like a mad woman. She wears her amber necklace all day and I have also given her tylenol a couple of times and rubbed Hyland's teething gel on her little gums and chewing on fridge teething toys. This has been going on for days! Nothing is helping! Plus, all the night waking and not wanting to eat is taking its toll on baby and mom! Help, what else can I do? SOmething I am not thinking of?
No, you're thinking of most things. A tincture of time will cure it.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 AM

My 8 mo DS is going through the same thing right now. Since Friday he has basically been crying all day and night. Yesterday was a little better. He just fussed all day rather than screaming/crying. I have been doing all I can think of too. Poor babies.

Praying these teeth cut through soon for our little ones!

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM

I think Motrin works better than Tylenol for teething. Other than that, I have no suggestions. You just have to wait for those teeth to break through. My daughter's last 2 teeth (first ones on top) took about 3 or 4 weeks to cut and finally stop hurting.

Semi-crunchy Mama to three happy, healthy girls - T(6/08), A (12/10) and B (12/10)
Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 PM

I do not want to be the bearer of bad news ladies, but DS2 has been waiting for his bottom left K9 to come through for about 2 months! I feel so bad for him, he chews on EVERYTHING, even the necklaces hanging from my neck. (While they are on of course, no choking hazard) Hes really moody and whines a ton. Plus DS2 is five months, and I swear hes been teething for a month. He chews on everything and drools all over himself. They are both sleeping ok (knock on wood) so I consider myself VERY lucky right now. I just wish these teeth would pop through already! WTH????
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
I do not want to be the bearer of bad news ladies, but DS2 has been waiting for his bottom left K9 to come through for about 2 months! I feel so bad for him, he chews on EVERYTHING, even the necklaces hanging from my neck. (While they are on of course, no choking hazard) Hes really moody and whines a ton. Plus DS2 is five months, and I swear hes been teething for a month. He chews on everything and drools all over himself. They are both sleeping ok (knock on wood) so I consider myself VERY lucky right now. I just wish these teeth would pop through already! WTH????
This will be DS's 5th and 6th tooth, and they are very close to popping through (I can feel them on his gum). He has also had a fever, diahrea, and runny nose. And he has been SCREAMING upon every waking...

Not to say that your DS isn't having a rough time, but what you are describing sounds like a normal day for my DS.. :

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 View Post
This will be DS's 5th and 6th tooth, and they are very close to popping through (I can feel them on his gum). He has also had a fever, diahrea, and runny nose. And he has been SCREAMING upon every waking...

Not to say that your DS isn't having a rough time, but what you are describing sounds like a normal day for my DS.. :
Ahhhhhh, poor baby and mama! Thats rough. I have been fortunate that, so far, neither of my kids have had diahrea from teething. But both of them have horrible running noses right now. hard to tell if its yet ANOTHER cold or from the teeth. NEITHER of them slept good last night AT ALL. Teething is such a torturous thing for them to deal with so young. Its still amazes me that its all just a part of mother nature. Usually the really load bearing stuff is created, not natural, KWIM?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Ahhhhhh, poor baby and mama! Thats rough. I have been fortunate that, so far, neither of my kids have had diahrea from teething. But both of them have horrible running noses right now. hard to tell if its yet ANOTHER cold or from the teeth. NEITHER of them slept good last night AT ALL. Teething is such a torturous thing for them to deal with so young. Its still amazes me that its all just a part of mother nature. Usually the really load bearing stuff is created, not natural, KWIM?
It is so horrible! I was just saying the other day how awful it is for little babies to have to go through such terrible things their first year of life..

User Tag List