2003-Nov./Dec. Mamas and Babies (New Thread) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jarred food tastes so different than fresh, maybe that was the difference?

Sounds like Felix was quick! Iris is like that too... She just dumped my big bowl of salad, trying to get at it. I was bummed, it was a good salad, but with dogs and cats, the floor is definitely not clean enough to eat off of! I gave her a peice of chard and she sucked on it quite happily... It's harder to eat now with her on my lap.

Anyone else have an active nurser?? If she's not pulling off to see what's going on around her, she's kicking whatever her feet can reach! Little imp...

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

My cousin did it the opposite way, started with fruit, and her baby never did like vegis. Of course she was a mother the week after she turned 15, and her mother wasn't the greatest of moms either so she didn't have much guidance. Sometimes I'm amazed her kid survived.
#363 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagewinna
Anyone else have an active nurser?? If she's not pulling off to see what's going on around her, she's kicking whatever her feet can reach! Little imp...
active nurser - that's a nice way of putting it. Jessica is just nosy :LOL She has to know what is going on at all times. She looks around, kicks her legs, swats at me with her hands. Dh was laughing the other night because Jessica's arm kept swinging around. She drops it to her side, then swings it up to her face, she paws at me (scratched me the other day). I made a beaded necklace to wear hoping she would be more interested in that, but she still has to know what's going on with everyone else.
#364 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 04:59 PM

Not active here. When Angel wants her boob, thats all she wants!
#365 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 05:03 PM

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5168&members=1
Here is my mothers day present to myself
#366 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 06:37 PM

Active nurser is a very nice way of putting it. I'm scratched and bruised from all the flailing. As I was laying in bed nursing Henry to sleep last night he did nothing but kick and squirm. I finally gently put my top leg over his legs which stopped the movement and calmed him enough to finally fall asleep -- after nearly an hour of nursing interspersed with him "singing."

Anyone else's dc "sing" as they fall asleep or shortly before?
#367 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 06:39 PM

angelica does a little hum. i think it is so sweet. makes me feel she is content.
#368 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Jessica does sometimes, but Danielle does all the time. Since she was little bity, she would grab her hair and make this humming/growling noise. It was so cute when she was little. She still makes the noise when she's falling asleep.
#369 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

I don't get the difference between quick reply and plain ol reply Anyway...

Henry's mamma~ I've held Jessica down sometimes when she nurses. If we are lying down, I will hold her arm close to her body with my hand, and if the legs are going then sometimes I will put my leg over her.
#370 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 10:54 PM

well, you get "additional options" when you click "post reply"
Where did all the smilies go? and the buttons to click to change font size, color, ect ect?
#371 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 11:02 PM

Meryem is a singer when she's really tired. When eating solids, she sort of shouts if I'm too slow coming with it, and she grabs my hand to shove my finger into her mouth. We don't do spoons with vegetables. I have better luck with a finger. She LOVES sweet potatoes, and I mix with white potatoes so they're less sweet--and less orange. I think I nursed her 5x last night...not sure what's up with that.
#372 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

I see the font, size, color buttons Tammi, they are right above the box you type in. I don't know how to use the silly things, but I can see them :LOL

1jooj ~ when did you start Meryem on vegis? Did you do cereal at all?

Jessica has had a diaper rash that almost sort of goes away, but then comes back. I'm not sure if it is a teething thing (Both older dd's would get rashes when cutting teeth) or what. I don't think it is because of the oatmeal because she had the rash yesterday and teh day before, and it's been a few days since she had the cereal (until this morning anyway) I've got her in a prefold and wool cover right now so she gets more air. Once she wakes up I think we'll have some naked baby time.

Oh, and Tammi ~ Melonie has already shipped out my HH that I ordered today. She shipped them within an hour and a half of my ordering them!
#373 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 11:35 PM

i must be viewing in a different format sherri cause they r not there 4 me.
talk about service on those hh's!
#374 of 389 Old 05-03-2004, 11:39 PM

I had to change something in my options list. they are there now.
#375 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 01:28 AM

I'M BACK AGAIN......
Just to stop by and say hello and HOW ARE YOU ALL..............
I spend my days chasing a 4 year old, chainging diapers, and lying on the bed nursing..
Gillian is almost 20 pounds, she's so cute, and she has just started doing the cutiest thing - when she latches on, she gives a little giggle...
She also had her first swim today - it got to 106, so I waited till around 4:30 to go to the pool with the kids...
I'm going to now read back and see what you guys are all up to....
MISS YOU ALL
Chelly
#376 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri S.
active nurser - that's a nice way of putting it. Jessica is just nosy :LOL She has to know what is going on at all times. She looks around, kicks her legs, swats at me with her hands. Dh was laughing the other night because Jessica's arm kept swinging around. She drops it to her side, then swings it up to her face, she paws at me (scratched me the other day). I made a beaded necklace to wear hoping she would be more interested in that, but she still has to know what's going on with everyone else.
Gillian is EXACTLY the same. No being "discreet" when we go out, I don't even bother anymore trying to cover up - she'll take a few sips and then sit up to see what everyone else is doing.
I was sitting across from a nother nursing mom at the zoo a couple of weeks ago, and Gillian didn't want anything to do with her booby milk, she sat on my lap and STARED at the other mom, I was almost embarrassed!
Gillian hasn't swung at my face yet, but if I nurse naked, which I normally do in this heat if I'm home, she'll CLUTCH my other nipple in her hand, and squeeze and twist to her hearts content! (lucky the boobys are nice and soft!)
C
#377 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 08:57 AM

Meryem has started reaching for the other nipple too. I am not going to allow it this time. Got to get her a nursing toy.

I started her on vegetables like 3 days after cereal. I don't like cereal. I just cook the vegetables and smoosh them with a fork. No straining, just mashed. I'm not very good with rules, and the 3-day rule is just too much for me.
#378 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 09:29 AM

I owuld go crazy if Angelica went after my other nipple while nursing. I always have it covered for that reason. She plays with the rings(daddys) on my necklace.
#379 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Chelly ~ nice to see you again. I was wondering what had happened to you. We were hot the last few days too - not as hot as it was there, but getting close. It's too darn early for it to be getting this warm! At least you have a pool you can cool off in. Even if we did have one, I couldn't do much - Danielle has this thing about getting water in her face - she totally freaks out! I could just see it, we'd be at the pool, she'd get splashed and she'd cling to me so I'd be walking around with two of them attached to me - nope, I'll wait until we find a sunshade and make the two hour trip to the beach! Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can look to find some sort of portable (small enough for me to handle with the kids) shade thing I can take to the beach to set up for the babe? I've seen things that fold up like a car window shade, that when set up are like a little room, but I can't remember for the life of me where I saw them.

Anyone ready to start a new thread? LMK and I can do that this afternoon. I'll put a link at the end of this one directing to the new one.
#380 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Hi Chelly!

I used to have one of those funshade things. In pink too. My mother bought it for Shawn before we knew he was a boy but i know i would never find it now that i could use it. I do have a bouncey seat that has a zip cover. one half is net the other is fabric. I'll have to dig it out. Im pretty sure though its only good till the babe learns to roll well or ait up or something.
#381 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 12:20 PM

Hi guys,
Sherri, I saw something like that shade thingie this weekend at Toys R Us, but it was four sided, with a flap on the one side that rolled up about half way up the side. I have one of those little play tents somewhere, I should dig it out.... I normally wait till later in the afternoon to go up to the pool, thats when there is some shade from a tree nearby, and I normally leave Gillian in her stroller to watch us. Yesterday, we waited till my hubby got home, so I took Gillian in with me, and my hubby took care of Trenton. I am just dying to get them BOTH in for swim lessons........ (no money here) my MIL wants to pay, but my husband feels guilty, as she just paid $300 for us all to have a Seaworld membership for two years.
Chelly
#382 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 12:22 PM

Ok these boards have changed so much its tough to get used to it.
Tammi, how'd you get that CUTE picture up by your name?
And where is everyone else's pictures? I wanna see BABIES!!
#383 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Chelly ~ Here are the pics of my "little" monkey (who is currently lying on the bed blowing raspberries - can you hear her?:LOL) Jessica's Pictures

I'll take a look at BRU today when I'm there and see if they might have that shade. That's almost exactly what I"m looking for. I want something that we can sit in/next to that will give off some shade for Jessica while the rest of us play in the sun. We went last week, but only stayed for a half hour or so because I was afraid of her getting too much sun.

And in case Tammi doesn't get back to you about the little picture (but we know she will ) it's called an Avatar - info is here
#384 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 01:02 PM

OMG she is so CUTE Sherri, and she's so BIG!!! Where did the time go............ I see she likes the mirror too..... Gillian thinks we have another baby, at first she cried when she saw mommy holding that other baby, but now she smiles and chats to the reflection.....
#385 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, that baby in the mirror is her bestest friend! She smiles and talks to her all the time. She just LOVES the other baby in the house :LOL
#386 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 02:54 PM

those tent thingies:

these are the ones i see all the time:
http://www.target.com/gp/search.html...+shade&x=8&y=8

and here is one from walmart, but i think there is assembly required, but its way cheaper:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/searc...0&Continue.y=7

oh and lets start a new thread

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#387 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the links Christy! Those are perfect! I didn't think to look at Walmart - that's the only store we have in my little town too! I'll start a new thread then, this one is getting a bit long
#388 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 03:04 PM

Hey Christy,
Those ones at Target look perfect.........
#389 of 389 Old 05-04-2004, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

New thread

Here's the link to the new thread.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page