2003-Nov./Dec. Mamas and Babies (New Thread) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 389 Old 03-16-2004, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the weather update Sherri. I am in the middle of getting 6-12 inches betweeb today and tomorrow!!!!! And it suppose to snow again friday.

Angelica was baptized last Sunday. I forgot the dress at home, 50 miles away from the church!

Have to put the mcdonalds cd back in. my break is over.
#182 of 389 Old 03-17-2004, 02:55 AM

hey all!

I have some new pix of the baby but haven't been able to upload them yet, as we bought a new 'puter.

I haven't been around much (posting) but to do read and try to keep up with you all. Miss you all. Can you believe our babies are getting as big as they are?!?!
#183 of 389 Old 03-17-2004, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Cassie! I was thinking about you the other day! We hadn't heard from you in awhile. BTW, I love your "location: Girls R Us" That's cute. Dh said that the other day about us - we've only got 3 though. Yes, Our babies ARE getting big I don't want her to grow up yet. I need to upload some new pics of her so I can show off a little
#184 of 389 Old 03-17-2004, 02:54 PM

Hi Cassie

Cant wait to see your pictures!
#185 of 389 Old 03-18-2004, 10:09 AM

I can't believe I did the size switch! I took all the tiny baby clothes to my sister, who is expecting next! Yay! Meryem's swimming in her bigger clothes, but the tiny ones were too binding over her CD--waist and crotch issues.:LOL

I went in this week and got my Mirena "installed." It was a little crampy but not too bad...some bleeding, which was of course bizarre. But now I feel great--except that I woke up last night with my mouth watering like I was going to vomit! (Weird.) I was literally gulping my own saliva (sorry if TMI) and I eventually "talked myself down" and fell asleep again. Weird, huh? I don't know whether to blame it on Mirena hormone or on something bad I ate before. Leaning toward the food thing.

So--are you other cold-climate ladies going insane waiting to take the babies out for walks? I am! I cannot believe the cold has hung on so long! Ds gets out to play, but we want some fresh air too!
#186 of 389 Old 03-18-2004, 06:07 PM

Did anyone have abdominal seperation? I still have it. I'm wondering when will it go away. What can I do to speed it up? I'm almost 4 mon pp.

Another sunny, warm day here.
#187 of 389 Old 03-19-2004, 09:29 PM

sherri s. thanx for your reply, the annoying and painfull habit i queried about has, for now at least, subsided. whew!
cool about your knowing of my hometown, im sure it is a long gone argument, but just for the record, your instructor was wrong. Coeur d' Alene , at least around here, is pronounced something like: core duh lane. you didnt ask but it wouldent be appropriate for me to miss an opportunity to expain the origin of the name given to the native indians of this area by french fur traders who found that they (the indians) drove a very hard bargain when it came to trading. Coeur d' Alene translates literally to "Heart of an Awl"
like i said, you didnt ask..........

my dd, Abby, born nov 29 has another curious habit i wonder if any of you have experienced. her favorite position while being carried is kind of bent over backwards so that her head hangs literally upside down. it drives everyone i know nuts to see her bent backwards this way, but she is very calm and serene while in this position. weird

my dates with the internet are usually limited to one a week, so until next time................

best wishes, -anj119
#188 of 389 Old 03-19-2004, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Actually anj, I did know the origin believe it or not, and the pronunciation too. I lived in Spokane until I was in Jr. High, they taught us all sorts of stuff like that - most of which I don't remember but once you mentioned it, it came back to me :LOL We used to spend alot of time on the lake in the summers, oh how I miss doing that!

Guess what Jessica found today?! Toes! She was on the changing table and I lifted her legs up to put the new dipe on, and silly little thing grabbed her feet and stuck her toes in her mouth. It was so cute. She looked at me sort of funny, I guess she didn't expect to feel anything when she put them in her mouth or something. Now all she wants to do is get those things again. She tries to grab them, but can't quite get her feet up high enough, either that or she can't get her hands to cooperate so she can get them. It's so funny :LOL
#189 of 389 Old 03-20-2004, 02:51 AM

way to go, Jessica! Abby has given some limited attention to those far away extremeties... but seems to be contented just gazing from afar. i do belive it to be just beginning to dawn on her that they just may be another facinating thing under her control.

poor Felix! i can so see this happening, though. its as if their grasp and hang on instinct remains in effect no matter the concequence of it.

im having a party tonight........ my 8 yr old dd, her friend, friends 5 yr old sister and 3 yr old brother. my dh works graveyards and so, is sleeping through all this, i dont know how. they are finished setting their teaparty now and so i must attend....

laughingly, anj
#190 of 389 Old 03-20-2004, 10:59 AM

zenasia, what's abdominal separation?

Meryem's big brother had the pukes yesterday. He seems *much better* (read: annoying me) today, but I am making him chicken soup with garlic and ginger just in case.
#191 of 389 Old 03-21-2004, 05:26 PM

abdominal seperation is where your ab muscles split during pregnancy to accomadate your uterus and growing baby. Apparently, this happens to everyone when they get pg. Mine is prettymuch gone, but i haven't really done much to make it go away.

hey i just noticed the new MDC logo...cute!!

one of my stray cats died. she was pg, too, and it looked like she died in birth. poor kitty. then i had to get rid of 2 of my inside cats because they just never adjusted to having the baby...one of them BIT me!! She never did that before sage was born. the other one has been peeing on everything including sage's stuff and especially on our shoes. The last straw for her was when i caught her peeing on the clean dish rack with clean dishes in it, and also on the george foreman grill. So now we are down to 4 cats. and i think one of them is still peeing on stuff, i'm just waiting to catch one in the act. it sucks because they were all so well-behaved before the baby was born.

gotta go, baby says it's booby time.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#192 of 389 Old 03-26-2004, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Just rescuing us from 4th page oblivion.

Miss Jessica scratched the heck out of herself tonight. Right between the eyes, drew blood too. Poor baby was in my lap talking to me and I looked up to talk to dh and she started screaming. I didn't see anything for a minute so didn't know why she was crying. It's pretty deep too. I have been putting neosporin on it hoping it doesn't scar. I just clipped her nails too - obviously I didn't get them smooth enough.

I tye dyed some prefolds last week. I thought I had washed all the excess dye out of them, but when I put one on Jesi the other day, I turned her little butt blue :LOL It's back to normal now, but it was pretty funny.
#193 of 389 Old 03-27-2004, 01:32 AM

Got Angelica ears peirced today!
She's yelling at ya'll right now, can you hear her?
#194 of 389 Old 03-27-2004, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

I can hear her.....oh wait, that's mine again {sigh}
#195 of 389 Old 03-30-2004, 06:52 PM

:LOL Sherri-though I know all too well how it can get,for the mama's!

WW-How did Angelica respond to the piercing and earings?I know Eve is at a very grabby age(found her feet a few days ago )Is Agelica grabbing at her ears?

We have been beyond busy-Spring=outside a lot,already sunburned twice...:, Watching another 2 yr old 8-6,(Who I thought needed therapy,but turns out she has never played w/ kids before!!!Poor kid!She has come leaps and bounds behaviorally and in speech in the last 4 weeks....)Still Tandem nursing ,trying to keep Eve away from food(she has snuck/quick grabbed yogurt and frosting so far-she's fast!!!)And SIL moved in for a week or 2 this weekend w/ her 1 yr old. In our 815 sq ft. house!!!! So far so good....
That's the super basics for now....

:::
#196 of 389 Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 PM

KindRedSpirit
She cried for about 1 minute which made me cry(i deserved the cry not her) I wonder if the cry was just shock.
She has been just fine ever since. She likes to grab her face and ears all the time too but hasnt bothered with the earrings. if i see her doing that too much i just take her hands away. I dont want her to scratch herself either.

The only reason i went through with it was cause years ago when dh's mother bought her first granddaughter a pair of earring her mother refused to pierce them and i told her then that if i ever had a girl i would get them done.
not to long after birth were her first pair of earrings from her Nana.

Have to go play with her now. She's just waking up from her nap
#197 of 389 Old 03-30-2004, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Tammi ~ I keep forgetting to mention, I love the "the older I get, the better I was" Maybe I'll use that as my senior name :LOL

KRS - we've been outside quite a bit lately also. I put Jessica in her stroller and she sits and watches me pull weeds, plant flowers, etc. until she falls asleep anyway. That's quite a bunch of people in your little house.

Jessica's toes and fingers must be quite tasty because one or the other is always in her mouth :LOL She's not eating much lately so maybe she's doing too much snacking on them. We are leaving next week for AZ. It's a 12 hour drive - 3 kids in the car, this should be an interesting trip. I might need a straight jacket before the trip is done :LOL
#198 of 389 Old 03-30-2004, 07:48 PM

Its on a shirt my mother bought me.
you should use it.

i saw one the other day that said,
"i'm out of bed, what more do you want!"
#199 of 389 Old 04-01-2004, 07:28 PM

here's 2 sayings that i love:

"today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground."

"A wise man looks at a grain of sand and invisions the universe; a stupid man rolls around in the sea weed and shouts, 'hey, I'm vine man!' "

Sage is rolling over and just having so much fun. it seems like she has gotten more intelligent in the past 3 days. i love watching her become more aware of everything around her. and she is such a gigglebox!!:LOL

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#200 of 389 Old 04-01-2004, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by WickidaWitch
"i'm out of bed, what more do you want!"
I think I like this one better :LOL Christy's oak tree saying is pretty cute too. Maybe I'll put one of those in my sig line. I'm getting tired of the one I have.

OK, I have a mama question. Is anyone else dealing with major hair loss? It's not coming out in patches or anything, but every time I brush it, or wash it, I come out with a ton of hair wrapped around my fingers or the brush. Is this like a hormone change thing or something? It's driving me crazy. I've got hair everywhere! In the drain, on the counters, on the baby - ick!
#201 of 389 Old 04-01-2004, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherri S.
OK, I have a mama question. Is anyone else dealing with major hair loss? It's not coming out in patches or anything, but every time I brush it, or wash it, I come out with a ton of hair wrapped around my fingers or the brush. Is this like a hormone change thing or something? It's driving me crazy. I've got hair everywhere! In the drain, on the counters, on the baby - ick!
i think its just that we dont give ourselves enough time for our hair.
it happens to me everytime i brush or wash. i actually have to clean it up from the drain in the tub.
#202 of 389 Old 04-01-2004, 08:45 PM

my hair is majorly falling out, but it does that every spring. i'm losing my winter coat i guess, lol

i'm having dandruff issues really bad. it's been like this sinc the week after sage was born. I can't make it go away. anyone know a good remedy?

#203 of 389 Old 04-01-2004, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

OK, not really the same thing, but dd2 has had cradle cap issues since birth and teh only thing that will work for her is Head and Shoulders. I have to wash my almost 3 yr olds hair with H&S at least once every other week or she starts flaking again. I've tried everything on her. Dh uses Selsun Blue. I've heard using cooler water helps a little - not much help am I? :
#204 of 389 Old 04-02-2004, 10:01 AM

My dh uses dandruff shampoo too, so we have it around, which is nice. I use it once in a while when the weather gives my scalp trouble. I also use rosemary oil on my scalp. I think it helps.

I think some of the hair is hormones. I was amazed while pg at how little hair ended up on my brush. Now--just in the last week or so--it's everywhere again. And mine is long and dark, so it's a real bother.

How about this--Meryem is regularly nursing at least 2-3 times at night again. Is this her way of telling me she'll soon be ready for solids? I figure around 5 months we'll start. In the meantime, I'm running on very little sleep again (which is tough with work but this too shall pass), and trying to pump twice a day as well.

She's going to be my dark child. I am sooooo in love.

Oh, here's more news--my sister, who is my dcp while I work, is planning on moving. When that happens, if my boss cannot accomodate my needs, I just might go back to being a SAHM.

edited to add that bit about rosemary oil...
#205 of 389 Old 04-02-2004, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 1jooj
[B]How about this--Meryem is regularly nursing at least 2-3 times at night again. Is this her way of telling me she'll soon be ready for solids? I figure around 5 months we'll start. In the meantime, I'm running on very little sleep again (which is tough with work but this too shall pass), and trying to pump twice a day as well.
That's what Jessica has been doing. For the longest time she would go 8-9 hours, now I'm lucky to get3 or 4. Then to make matters worse, my 3 yo is also getting up every couple of hours - and of course not at the same time as Jessica, so mommy is a cranky butt all day long. I actually bought a box of cereal for Jesi, but haven't given her any yet. I want to hold off as long as I can, but if mommy doesn't get some sleep soon, this may be our only solution.
#206 of 389 Old 04-02-2004, 12:23 PM

Sherri
I dont think cereal will help her sleep better.
I remember that it didnt make a difference with Jonathan which is one of the reasons I havent bothered to start angelica yet. That and i'm lazy knowing she doesnt "need" it.

anyone know how to change a pic to 50x50 pixels?
#207 of 389 Old 04-02-2004, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well Tammi, you know better than to ask me: I'm such a techno-loser :LOL

Bec ~ I forgot to ask last time, how are you and Emily doing? I think about you every time I pull my pump out.

Oh, and Jessica rolled over some more. She's done it 5 times now - I've missed it each time I put her on a blanket on the floor, turn my back for a second, come back and she's on her belly. DD1 saw it twice though so at least SOMEONE has seen it. And she's discovered the joys of ..... SPIT BUBBLES!!!! The little drool monster can drench her clothes in a matter of minutes :LOL
#208 of 389 Old 04-02-2004, 12:43 PM

Angelica rolled from her tummy to her back last night while on my bed.
I think the soft bed helped her out.

and i kinda figured out the pixel thing
#209 of 389 Old 04-02-2004, 01:01 PM
bec

Thanks Sherri! It's nice to know we're missed.

Emily is doing fabulously. She's gaining weight like mad (I don't have a scale anymore, but I think she must be close to 14lb by now. We'll find out next week at her 4month checkup). She's rolling from her back to her side all the time (has almost made it onto her tummy, but not quite), and is working on the tummy to back roll. She is also rotating around her head! She'll roll onto her side, then keep kicking her feet and twisting her head until she has rotated all the way in a circle! It's really hysterical.

She's grabbing toys, giggling, and totally engaged with her world.

Her hearing is fine, although there is fluid in her ears. That likely means she will have tubes installed when they do the palate repair. And the surgeon told us she will likely be able to have that when she is around 8 months old (on the early side for this surgery).

I am still pumping, and still trying to keep up with her ever increasingly voracious appetite!

She's doing all the things a baby is supposed to do, and is just filling my heart with joy.

Katie, Emily's big sister is so in love with her baby. It brings tears to my eyes thinking of what a wonderful big sister she is and how she has fitted into that role so perfectly. I couldn't be prouder of her.

And spring is finally here! This has been a really hard winter, and I finally feel like I am starting to get my feet under me, my exhaustion in check, and my attitude adjusted. It couldn't have happened at a better time.

Well, I've written a novel, so should probably go. I just wanted to check in!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#210 of 389 Old 04-02-2004, 01:15 PM

Glad everything is going so well Bec!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page