2003-Nov./Dec. Mamas and Babies (New Thread) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 389 Old 04-08-2004, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Hi guys! Can I join in? My ds was born on the 29th November 2003...

cool!! my abbie was born on nov. 29, too! how is it going so far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 389 Old 04-09-2004, 03:41 PM

Hello everybody! My ds was born on November 8. I'm looking for a place to swap stories and advice.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#243 of 389 Old 04-09-2004, 03:53 PM

You found the right place! We love to swap stories!
#244 of 389 Old 04-12-2004, 05:24 PM
bec

First of all, welcome to all the new faces!

We just got back from Emily's 4 month well-baby visit. She's weighing in at a whopping 13lbs, 7 ounces! She's made it to the 50th percentile for weight! I couldn't be happier.

She's also 25.5 inches long (95th percentile)! So she's growing, growing, growing! No wonder, either. She's drinking something like 35 ounces of breastmilk a day! I'm barely keeping up. I'm managing somehow, but there really isn't much surplus!

Oh, and it looks like I might pass potty training after all! Katie has been pulling her panties down on her own and going to the potty! I'm so proud of her ! She's even pooping in the potty. And, the icing on the cake is that she woke up this morning, dry!

And she's obviously being told that I'm proud of her often enough. She's starting to say it back to me. I cleaned her bedroom the other day, and when she saw it she exclaimed, "Clean! Thank you, mama! I'm proud of you!" You know what? That made me feel so good! Someone is appreciating the work I do around here! DH is great, but sometimes I need to hear it during the day. And sometimes I clean up, but the house is a wreck by the time he gets home.

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#245 of 389 Old 04-13-2004, 02:16 AM

Should i add all the *new* moms/babies to the nov/dec homepage? just pm me with your info if you want to be included. I need your screen name, baby's name, EDD, Actual DOB, gender, (some babies have the unisex names, like mine, lol)

im planning to keep the homepage up until our babies are a year old. maybe longer, we'll see.

New Pictures!!

1st trip to park, 3.5 mos

Sage's 1st Easter, (daddy holding her)

giant bib

my boobs are HUGE, lol

I *KNOW* Tammi has some pics somewhere to share, lol. she's just as bad as me about taking pictures.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#246 of 389 Old 04-13-2004, 02:16 PM

Christy
she is a little doll!

picturetrail seems to be down today so i cant show off at the moment.
but look to the left . thats a new picture. she is 4m 1day old there.

her ears got infected so we had to loose th earrings.
1 handed typing bites!
#247 of 389 Old 04-13-2004, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone! We are back from our trip - 12 hours in a car with 3 little girls, including a baby and a toddler, NOT something I recommend! The trip over wasn't too bad, but yesterday was a bit tiring. We made quite a few unscheduled stops because Danielle (3 yo tomorrow!) kept saying she had to go potty, then of course when we stopped, she didn't have to go. One time she was throwing a fit saying she had to go, and we were about 50 miles from nowhere! We stopped on the side of the road, she wasn't interested though. She was quiet until we saw a rest area (not 5 miles from where we stopped) and we told her there was a potty. I've never seen anyone so excited about seeing a potty in my life! It was so cute. Jessica did great yesterday, just a few little fussy times when she was tired. When we were coming into Bakersfield (about 2 hours from home) she really started fussing so we had to stop. We had dinner and once we got back in the car, she fell asleep. She was just tired of being in the carseat and needed a break. We were all happy to get home though. Once I find the camera, I'll get some pictures up. I know it is under that pile in the living room somewhere :LOL I hope everyone had a great first Easter with the little ones!

Bec~ Sounds like Emily is doing great! I'm excited for both of you! Good luck on the potty training. I remember how excited I was the first time Danielle woke up dry. I got a kick out of Katie's "I'm proud of you" How sweet is that?

Christy~ Sage is a cutie pie! I love that little white dress - so cute! I forgot the girls' easter dresses here at home so now I have to take them and get pictures taken in them since all they had yesterday was shorts and tee shirts. Bad mommy, bad.
#248 of 389 Old 04-13-2004, 02:52 PM

Okay here are some new pictures. like the top 5 are newest
Angelica
#249 of 389 Old 04-15-2004, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Is anyone starting solids yet? Any suggestions as to how long the babe can go without solids? Jesi isn't acting hungry or anything, still growing well, sleeping well, etc. I'm not thinking about starting solids yet, just wondering when a good time to start is. With Danielle we started cereal at about 5 months (doctor's suggestion because she was so tiny) and we had nothing but problems from there on out so I want to wait with Jesi. I never really saw any signs of readiness with Danielle so I'm not sure what to look for.
#250 of 389 Old 04-15-2004, 07:13 PM

Sherri
My kids doc says 3 months!
I started Jonathan then cause he was always hungry as a baby.
I'm lazy with Angelica and I know she's fine. It's anyone else I tell that I havent started giving her food that thinks i'm crazy(like my father).
I did send an email to her doctor today though asking if starting with rice is a must. He hasnt gotten back to me yet.

Last night Angelica found her "gasping for air" voice. Made me go running in to check on her for nothing. Scared the sh*t out of me.

Jonathan was just looking all over for his binky- all the while I had Angelica sucking on it. He just looked at her like "hey!" and tried to take it back. She had a good hold on it though.
My boy is choking me so i am off
#251 of 389 Old 04-15-2004, 07:18 PM

Wow, I have been spending so much time in the Nov/Dec 2002 thread that I did not bother to see if there was a thread for Nov/Dec 2003.

My name is Terri I am 34 and a SAHM to 2 boys. The boys sleep in their own cribs in my room. Both are uncircumcised and wear disposable diapers. I vax and let my boys watch Tv. I am currently nursing Gavin.

Gavin is why I am here. He is 5 months old born on Nov 11 2003. He was 6 weeks early and stayed in the NICU for 11 days. He came home with no known problems. He gets one 4 oz bottle of formula a day with vitamins along with nursing. He has started to suck his fingers and notice he can move his toes to hit his toy. The doctors say he is on target for his adjusted age which would have been 3 1/2 months. He smiles and coos and laughs. He also learned to roll over from his back to his stomach in one direction.

Im so happy I found this thread. I was starting to feel that I was neglecting to talk about Gavin in my Nov/Dec 2002 thread.

I am going to try and read the prevous posts. I just wanted to jump in to introduce myself.
#252 of 389 Old 04-15-2004, 07:34 PM

Hi 24hr. mom
#253 of 389 Old 04-15-2004, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Christy1980
Should i add all the *new* moms/babies to the nov/dec homepage? just pm me with your info if you want to be included. I need your screen name, baby's name

Where can I find this homepage?
#254 of 389 Old 04-15-2004, 09:39 PM

Welcome!

Just popping in to let you all know MERYEM'S EYE HAS CLEARED UP! Yay!

Her current favorite is the raspberry!
#255 of 389 Old 04-15-2004, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

24hr.mom ~ Welcome! Gavin was born the day before my little one - Jessica. Sounds to me like he's doing all the things she's doing. Our mama's and babies homepage is here

1jooj ~ I'm glad Meryem's eye is better. Jessica has mastered the raspberry too. She and her big sister have "raspberry wars" back and forth. It's so funny to watch, and Jesi ends up just soaked from all the drool :LOL

Tammi ~ Jesi has been making that sound for a couple of months. Chris still goes running everytime he hears it. I guess I'm getting used to it. She does it when she's super excited. Quite a scary sound though the first few times you hear it!
#256 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 12:41 AM
bec

Sheri, I was about to ask the solids question myself!

Emily had her 4 month well baby visit the other day. She had some vaccinations (poor thing), but is otherwise healthy and well. She is weighing in at 13lb, 7 oz! Right on 50th percentile. She is 25 inches long, though (90th percentile). Maybe I'll get her a basketball!

The doctor told me I could start solids anytime, but I don't think she's ready yet. She still has a pretty strong tongue thrust reflex, and hasn't shown much interest (although she is starting to watch us when we eat). She's getting plenty of that mama's milk, so I'm not concerned.

Oh, and she is starting to be able to sit up on her own! She sat for almost 20 seconds supporting herself! She still has her hand on the ground, but she's almost completely upright. I'm pretty impressed.

Hi, 24hr. mom! Welcome to the group. You sure must have your hands full with two babies!

Bec

#257 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 02:13 AM

hi 24hr. mom!

we've had to switch to disposables for now because she has outgrown all the covers i have and i can't afford to get any more right now. and im getting lazy not having to scrape any poop, lol.

I have a "bad mommy" confession to make:

sage got a taste of a vanilla milkshake...i know, i know...i had her in the frontseat of the car (no pass. side airbag, so it's ok), and on the hour and a half drive to my mom's, she started fussing like she was really hungry, and we were on a long stretch of country road, (think "deliverance") and i didn't want to pull over there to bf, so i dipped my finger in my milkshake and let her suck on it for 5 minutes, then she was asleep. i did try my finger w/out anything on it, but she just cried more.

i think i am going to start dd on cereal when she is waking me up at night to nurse for 1 week strait.

Sage is also sitting up, but with support. she loves to stand, but is not too fond of tummy time, so i think she might be one of those babies that walks before she crawls, ykwim?

gotta go, she is chattering at me in her angry, "I want milk NOW!" voice, lol

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#258 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 02:23 AM

Thanks for the welcomes...

Yes, my hands are full. Having a 16 month and 5 month old is very challenging.

As far as solids, I'm not going to start Gavin until he is 7 months (5 1/2 being his adjusted age) Because he was a preemie, I really want to make sure I take my time introducing solids to his delicate body. If and when I do start, I believe they say Rice cereal is the best to start with.

For those mamas who's babies a turning over I have a question. How do you stop your darlings from turning to their stomachs during night sleeping. My older son Giovanni always slept on his side or back.. But with Gavin, he wants to sleep on his stomach. I prop pillows, side positioners and even stuff animals to keep him in place. But, he will squirm until he moves it out of the way. Then proceeds to his stomach. I find myself turning him on to his side or back all night. There are nights I let him sleep that way, but I am so scared because all the doctors and nurses and even books tell me not to put baby to sleep on their stomachs.

Any suggestions?
#259 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 03:12 AM

Iris has started showing great interest in food... She's a little over 5 months, and I wanted to wait a while because my oldest has food allergies. She grabbed some sweet potato from my plate on Sunday and sucked it down! lol She also spilled a bowl of soup on my lap this weekend, and grabbed a sweet potato chip from my hand and tried to eat it... She seems to be content since then to lick and tast my pear or apple, so we'll stick with that for now. I'll start with avacado or sweet potato when she is ingesting food, rice cereal can be constapating and is overprocessed IMO...

Here's me, Iris, and a friend and her baby, from Easter weekend:

http://pictures.hypergeek.org/albums.../kim_kathy.jpg

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#260 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 11:31 AM

I agree about the rice cereal being so processed and constipating. My ped recommended it when ds started solids, only because it's iron fortified. So I smiled and nodded--and to be honest, we never fed ds baby food. I did a little making my own, but never really got into it. We pretty much went right into mashed table food, anyway. He was primarily bfed and had some potatoes/carrots whatever from our food--rinsed and smushed--when his mouth could handle the texture. It was mostly a tast of this or that, you know? Not a real part of his diet until closer to 8-9 months.

Meryem chases me around the bed at night. She's nursing every 1.5-2 hours at night. I am exhausted. I'm thinking about setting her up to sleep solo--I am wondering whether she smells me and gets hungry or what. Dunno.
#261 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 12:05 PM

Yeah! I caught up! Very busy around here-My SIL and her 17 mo. old dd are still here and may be for another month or more,and on top of that I am watching a 2 1/2 yr. old,who is becomming a very nice girl,but as she picks up my kids good attributes, they pick up her bad ones...We'll sort it out,they are all such great kids.
EVE IS SITTING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's official! She mastered it last Wed. cos I was sick and we were in bed all day,so she had lots of practice.(She also ate enough readers digest to poop some out! ):LOL She is very food anxious,I prefer to hold off for a year,but w/dd1 it only lasted 9 mo. and dd2 is getting some cracker bits,etc...Thankfully, she just wants to play with it.I am not looking forward to the extra smelly dipes,or the face mess,etc.......but we will see-She woke up

:::
#262 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

I won't give Jesi rice cereal at all. That's what we started Danielle on and she had horrible constipation problems. She still has issues, and she just turned 3. When we do start, we'll probably start with oatmeal or maybe just go straight to vegis. I'll just sort of see what happens. She's been sleeping in her own bed for the past couple of months and she sleeps so much better there. Last night she nursed at 9:00, fell asleep at 9:30 and I woke her up at 6 because I was in pain. She ate and fell back asleep for another 3 hours. Such a change from Danielle wo was up every night 3-4 times. Sometimes she still wakes during the night. It's gotten much better though since she moved into her big girl bed.

24hr.mom~ Jessica most nights is most comfortable sleeping on her belly, and has been since she was about 3 weeks old. If I put her on her side, she rolls onto her belly, but if I put her on her back she normally doesn't roll to her belly while she's sleeping. Do you have one of those positioners that has two sides to it so Gavin can't (in theory anyway) roll both ways? I've seen them at BRU.

Christy~ Jessica hates tummy time too. She grunts and fusses until I put her on her back or pick her up. She doesn't even like it when I'm laying down and I put her on her belly on my chest. Danielle was that way too - she didn't crawl until she was almot 10 months old (made it easy to keep track of her though) and she walked right at a year. The doctor said she was slightly behind, but Mikayla walked 1 week after her first birthday and she was born during the "always on their tummy, never on their back" days.

Kids are calling - break times over :LOL
#263 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 06:34 PM

Sherri
Angels dr said oatmeal id fine to strat with. I'm gonna start next week.
#264 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 06:40 PM

Angelica's going to a party!!!
Do any of you (besides you Sherri) remember this dress I got when I was pregnant. Fits her now! She's gonna wear it to a wedding tomorrow.
She'll outshine the bride!
#265 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 08:55 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally posted by WickidaWitch
Angelica's going to a party!!!
Do any of you (besides you Sherri) remember this dress I got when I was pregnant.

I remember it! She looks so darling! I need to just start dressing my girls up for the fun of it, because we have no parties to go to! What's the fun of having them if you can't wear it?!

Did I mention that Emily was starting to sit up? It's that tripod sitting, but she's doing pretty well at it, especially considering she's just 4 months old! I'm glad I never took the gate over the stairs down.:LOL

Bec

#266 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 09:00 PM

isnt cool to see them sit up? Angelica does for a few seconds at a time now. Before we know it they will be walking. My gates are still up for Jonathan and they will stay right where they are for the next few years at least!
#267 of 389 Old 04-16-2004, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
hey y'all,

welcome new recruits!

nice to hear from all of y'all on your little ones. ellie is starting to sit up, too. she's still floppy, but she can do pretty well if she's in my lap or on the bed. she definitely prefers sitting and standing to lying down, and all of the above to tummy time. she is not into that at all. i dragged out the exersaucer not too long ago and she'll stand in it for a few minutes if i need two hands to do something, but she's not overly fond of it. dd1 loved the thing. i hope when she completely masters this sitting thing that she'll be happy for a bit on the floor.

they're only babies once, though, so i can lug the little chunk around as long as my back can hold out. i did order an ergo carrier, though. the otsbh is just not cutting it for extended wear. i weighed her and me the other day when i went in for a check up for myself and she was 17lbs with clothes on at 4.5 months. no wonder my back gets tired. didn't somebody post a while back that they had a 20lber, though! whew!

i'm gonna try to hold off on solids til 6 mo. she's eyeing me when i eat, but i don't think she's ready yet. with dd1 i tried to give her all this homemade organic baby food i had made, but she wanted none of it. she still doesn't like acorn squash come to think of it. she much preferred it when she could feed herself at about 7 or 8 months, so i went with it and let her make the call on that one. i'll probably let dd2 decide when she's ready, too. i skipped the rice cereal the first time around and probably will this time, too. dd1 loved little green peas and green beans and avocado. won't be too long now, but i'm in no hurry. she can stay a baby a little while longer. she seems to want to be so big already, though. wants to talk and walk just like her big sister.

tammi, those are great pics of angelica. what a fancy dress!

hope y'all all have great weekends. supposed to be fabulous weather here. hope y'all all get some of the same and get to go outside and smell some flowers (if they don't give you allergies, that is)!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#268 of 389 Old 04-17-2004, 09:34 AM

All this sitting-up talk is starting to freak me out. I think of how Meryem is now, and then think "just another month," and I kind of start to realize what I'm in the middle of again.
She was fun-screaming in the grocery store last night.:LOL
We got her an adorable little sun bonnet yesterday. She looks like a flower.
We were having the food argument over dinner last night and my mom, who fed me rice and barley at 2 weeks old, told dh "no, she doesn't look starved to me, she doesn't need food yet." Yay! I'm going to try to get as close to 6 months as I can, but I am not afraid of letting her taste things. It's the actual eating, involving her intestine, that I'm not enthusiastic about.

Does anyone else's babe do sit-ups in the car seat? Meryem's nosey, I think!
#269 of 389 Old 04-18-2004, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1jooj
Does anyone else's babe do sit-ups in the car seat?
Yup - Noah does! He loves to see the world go by! I think its because he is used to being held/slinged and can see pretty much everything thats happening around him.

We arrived back home after 10 days with my dad in Johannesburg and I am pretty much surprised at how much he has grown in the last 10 days!
#270 of 389 Old 04-18-2004, 10:54 AM

My sister comments on how Meryem has grown just from Thursdays to Mondays! They are so amazing!

Raven--my big by is Noah too! It's a beautiful name.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page