can babies teeth too fast - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter
elf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
our 10.5 month old is getting teeth she shouldn't have until she is 18 months old. is this cause for concern?
#2 of 4 Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 AM

Are they the canines? I wouldn't worry - teeth come in on their own schedule for each kid - the doc's schedule is just an average. Riley is an early teether too.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#3 of 4 Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 AM

Babies get teeth when its time for THEM to get them. In my own family Ive seen first teeth erupt at 4 months and 12 months. As a hygienist Ive seen 4 yr olds with 6yr molars and babies get the canines FIRST ( baby looked like a little vampire) There is nothing wrong and there is nothing to do about it.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#4 of 4 Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 AM

Yes, all kids are different and the guidelines for tooth eruption are really just averages. DD is 16 months and has all her teeth bar the last set of molars (which are coming through now).

The only time I've heard of a problem is if the baby is born with a tooth (unusual but not unheard of - I think Louis the IVX had one when he was born). My brother had this and my mom couldn't breastfeed him because of it (really because she had NO support from anyone to get past it - either get the tooth removed or come up with different ways to get around it).

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page