Average development babies unite! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I can not be the only one who reads about 9 month olds talking or 4 month olds crawling and thinks "wow, and my baby can barely (fill in the blank)". I am totaly awed by some of these kids. For instance on the Feb thread everyone is talking about their babies developing vocabulary, and the kids starting to run around etc. Well, my Samantha is still in the random noise and shrieking phase of vocal development. The closest she gets to a word is going "da da da da da da phtttttttt dadadada" when looking at dh (or to be honest the wall, or her sisters, or her teddy.....). As for walking, she can pull herself up on stuff and crusie if she is careful to hang on with both hands but she still does not even have the balance to sit down from standing let alone walk!

So, here is what I propose. A support thread for all of the wonderful, perfect, average kids. Lets hear it moms, my baby is perfect and perfectly normal!

(unlike some of the uber geniuses you find round these parts......)

( :LOL just kidding well usualy, other then a little twinge of envy.... )

MM
#2 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 03:21 PM

With all due respect to you, ManitobaMommy, I'm not sure where all those uber-babies you're talking about happen to be. I'm one of those moms whose kids did things early, and with the exception of only a handful of message boards -- none of which, I notice, are on Mothering -- there is very little support for kids like mine.

By the way, though, your child sounds ADORABLE! ;-)
#3 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm, I thought it was fairly clear that my tounge was planted firmly in my cheek with the ubber baby comment. It should also be said that I in no way said there was anything wrong with these kids who are so quick, quite the opposite. I am sorry if that was the impression you got. In fact this is why I posted this as a seperate thread from the ones where I saw all of the realy advanced kids, I did not want anyone to feel bad. My only intention was to see if there was anyone else who felt like their baby was not measuring up to the some of the other kids.

I know how lonely it can be to have a very advanced kid, my first was like that, but let me ask you something. Have you ever read a thread where someone is talking about a kid behind yours and wondered "Did I do something wrong to make my child so far ahead?" because I know I never thought that with her. Now, my baby is perfectly within normal range but, sometimes when I read about kids doing things that are way beyond her I do wonder if I did something wrong and maybe delayed her. Logically I know that is not true but it still bugs me at times.

I assumed I was not the only one, I also assumed it might help others to hear that they are not the only one with a baby creeping rather then running up the development ladder. If I am wrong please feel free to ignore this thread.

I hope this clarified my intent. My first post was, an admitedly weak, attempt at humour. This one is totaly serious. If I have offended I applogise.

MM

edited to fix my inability to mix typing and spelling
#4 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 04:01 PM

i'm with you manitobamommy
sometimes when i read those posts i get so amazed at these babies and praise God because i know it is as He wills...........

i also wonder um, why is my 7month old dd not even turning from stomach to back or back to stomach, she doesnt laugh out loud much,not holding up even her head when i put her on her tummy(so obviously not crawling) and yup then i think hmmm maybe i hold her too much, maybe i dont have toys that are interesting enough, maybe ..........etc etc etc

so ya i hear ya
its especially hard when insensotive ppl are like whoa she STILL doesnt do xyz???

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#5 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 04:09 PM

OK, I think my kid is pretty well average. I figured we would have an uber-baby, because both my dh and I have quite high IQs, I was reading before I was 3, my dh is gifted with languages, etc. etc.
So it's been kind of hard for me to see my friend's dd (same exact age) sing the alphabet song since 18 months, and to read here at MDC about 20-month-olds who know the alphabet, can count to ten, speak in paragraphs, you know.
I KNOW my child is not slow. I think she's average-to-high-average but she's definitely not an uber-baby.
I berate myself regularly for not doing more to encourage her intelligence and teach her more. I feel like I should be DOING more, always more to further her along, but at the same time, I just want to let her be and come at things at her own pace.
I was patient enough with the rolling over, sitting up, pulling up, walking milestones, but it seems that the competitiveness only increases in the toddler years.
It's hard to keep telling yourself "my child is normal. there's nothing wrong with her." especially when you feel like there may be something wrong with YOU as a mother.
#6 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Elphaba
I berate myself regularly for not doing more to encourage her intelligence and teach her more. I feel like I should be DOING more, always more to further her along, but at the same time, I just want to let her be and come at things at her own pace.

(snip)

It's hard to keep telling yourself "my child is normal. there's nothing wrong with her." especially when you feel like there may be something wrong with YOU as a mother.
Exactly my feelings. To be honest I sometimes feel like it is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. On the one hand I am afraid of not doing enough or, heaven forbid, doing something actively to delay her. On the other hand I have a fear of being one of those "pushy moms" who drives their kids to be over achievers.

This is not helped by the fact that my middle daughter was called speech delayed (no real fluency until after 3 years old) and I had people telling she would not be like that if I "had just ......" or "had not done ....". I guess I am very sensitive, and paranoid, about baby development.

So, does anyone else look up a milestone chart just to check what "normal" is after hearing a story about a kid who is far ahead?

MM
#7 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 05:00 PM

ooh ooh, count us in!
it's the talking that gets me. my almost year old baby doesn't walk yet like some other babies on the january babies thread, but supposedly babies walk and do other physical milestones in their own time no matter what you do. it's the talking that i've read you have influence over. so the fact that there is not one recognizable word in all the babbling (laced with dadada and mumum...but mostly toward the walls) makes me worry about all those hours in infancy i couldn't think of a darn thing to say to my preverbal child.
oh well, i know a very smart PhD who didn't talk till she was three!
i'm not convinced that our children's current mediocrity means diddly-squat about their future intelligence/mobility etc!
#8 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 05:43 PM

I laughed when I read your original post! Whenever I read the Feb. baby thread I feel the same way. It seemed like everyone crawled before dd and now everyone is verbal! Dd says lots of sounds but I don't think they mean anything yet. (Although my mother and I were sure all the k sounds were about the cat this weekend!!) I really try hard not to compare because I don't think it really means anything--she eventually crawled and she pulls herself up on furniture and is now standing independently for seconds at a time! She also wouldn't eat solid foods until she was eight months old. Every baby does things at their own time. I try not to worry. And I NEVER looks at developmental charts. No sense asking for trouble!

Mama to two wonderful daughers: 02/03/03 and 10/19/05
#9 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 06:51 PM

Of course, I think my dd is a genius, but according to those developmental thingies, on most stuff she is right down the middle.

And how sad is this...my mom can't stop telling me how advance I was at my dd's age, and so I find myself comparing my child with myself all the time??? It's crazy.

She's not walking by herself, except for one or two steps, and that took me by surprise, because my MIL and mom both told me how early my dh and I walked (9 months and 10 months). She is pretty verbal, but I find myself "using" that to justify her non-walker status. :

But she's my girl, and she's perfect for us.
#10 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by manitoba_mommy

This is not helped by the fact that my middle daughter was called speech delayed (no real fluency until after 3 years old) and I had people telling she would not be like that if I "had just ......" or "had not done ....". I guess I am very sensitive, and paranoid, about baby development.
How rude! How would they know?? And what business is it of theirs anyway?? Besides, your daughter was *not* "speech delayed." Except in the cases of true developmental problems like autism, there is no such thing. Another case of "experts" trying to put a time table on growth, and I think all of us moms know by now that every child is different, and they all reach the same abilities in the end. And isn't that the point, after all??

As for "average" (and what baby really is? ), my daughter is 9 months now and still not creeping or crawling. I know what you mean about those "uber-babies," too. I went to a "mommies lunch" at a friend's house when Casey was 3 months, and there was a lady there with a baby three weeks older than Casey, and he was already holding his toys with a two-handed grasp! Casey could barely even grasp things with one hand for more than a second or two at that point, and I figured, oh well, she'll get there in a few weeks. Well, she didn't start using both hands at all until about 7 months, and only recently has she really been doing it regularly! It did bother me, but I kept being logical about it, realizing there is nothing wrong with her and she'd get there eventually.

Besides, have you ever noticed that the "milestone" charts change depending on who's writing them? I have two baby books, and the two of them say different things at different ages, plus my pediatrician asks about things that aren't in either book! Umm, I thought these charts were supposed to *mean* something?? :LOL
#11 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 07:47 PM

Removing double post--sorry!
#12 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by AndiB
How rude! How would they know?? And what business is it of theirs anyway?? Besides, your daughter was *not* "speech delayed." Except in the cases of true developmental problems like autism, there is no such thing. Another case of "experts" trying to put a time table on growth, and I think all of us moms know by now that every child is different, and they all reach the same abilities in the end. And isn't that the point, after all??

Oh, it was my mother in law. See, when Amy was 2 we moved from a city in Southern Ontario to small town (and I do mean small) Manitoba. She did not want us to move and says that depriving Amy of her grandparents, who she was admitedly close to, caused her to be so traumatised that she regressed/delayed development. This summer she even commented on how great it was that she had "overcome" the trauma and "mostley" caught up :

Quote:
As for "average" (and what baby really is? ), my daughter is 9 months now and still not creeping or crawling. I know what you mean about those "uber-babies," too. I went to a "mommies lunch" at a friend's house when Casey was 3 months, and there was a lady there with a baby three weeks older than Casey, and he was already holding his toys with a two-handed grasp! Casey could barely even grasp things with one hand for more than a second or two at that point, and I figured, oh well, she'll get there in a few weeks. Well, she didn't start using both hands at all until about 7 months, and only recently has she really been doing it regularly! It did bother me, but I kept being logical about it, realizing there is nothing wrong with her and she'd get there eventually.

BTDT as well. My upstairs neighboor is a first time mom who is not exactly AP. She tries, she realy does, but she is only 19, has an unsupportive SO and has a huge ammount of pressure on her from other family members. She also hates reading and just kinda goes with the flow. So, nice woman but parentally the opposite from me. Anyhow, her baby is a week older then Samantha and is always way ahead of her. She crawled a month before Sam, sat alone almost a month and a half before, pulled up about 5 weeks before etc. etc. Let me tell you, it has been a humbling experience, :LOL

Quote:
Besides, have you ever noticed that the "milestone" charts change depending on who's writing them? I have two baby books, and the two of them say different things at different ages, plus my pediatrician asks about things that aren't in either book! Umm, I thought these charts were supposed to *mean* something?? :LOL
That is why I like the Canadian Pediatric Society charts at http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/beha...evelopment.htm . They seem to list the latest things should happen before consulting a doctor rather then the "averages".

MM
#13 of 29 Old 01-12-2004, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Harper
I laughed when I read your original post! Whenever I read the Feb. baby thread I feel the same way. It seemed like everyone crawled before dd and now everyone is verbal! Dd says lots of sounds but I don't think they mean anything yet.
Hehe, yeah, everytime I read the thread all I can think is "slow down kids! Give my poor babe a chance to catch up!" I think it is great that they are all doing so well, and it is neat when they hit a new milestone but sometimes I just wish my kid was, well not at the top of the pack but, at least in the pack. In a way I guess it helps me see what will be comming up next but a good number of the kids, the March ones anyhow, are youger then Samantha ( d.o.b Feb 25th).

Samantha is also making a fair number of sounds but I think I would be fooling myself if I said they meant anything. She is curious though, and I can see her working her way through problems. I am astounded at her reasoning ability even if she can't let go when standing and still falls when trying to get down :LOL .

I know they are all individuals, and middle of the pack is not bad, but we would not be modern moms if we did not feel guilty for not having them at the top. Why do we do that I wonder? It is like mid range is not good enough anymore. Maybe we are so programmed in the bigger, better stronger mentality that good enough just isn't.

Hmmmm, going off into a ponder for a moment there. Forgive me.

MM
#14 of 29 Old 01-13-2004, 03:02 AM

Hi all, I'm D'Anne and my adorable, sweet son Jackson is decidedly on the average to slow development track .

On another message board I was part of an April/May/June mommies group and I had to stop reading it. Jackson is the second oldest of the group (born in March, even!) and almost all those kids are crawling, pulling up, eating a ton of solids, beginning to talk, etc. Not my boy! He's totally content to sit and watch the world go by and doesn't care to eat much of anything other than mama's milk . I couldn't take all the doubt that this thread was putting in my mind, so I had to walk away.

MM, I check the developmental charts at least once per month. I use the Denver Developmental Chart, which has a range for each skill broken down by percentage (like height and weight charts are). It has areas for language, fine motor and gross motor. I'm not super paranoid about it, but I do want to know if Jackson should fall below the 10th percentile on a skill. It also gives me ideas for things to focus on in our playtime, like playing ball or helping him stand by himself.

Thanks for starting this thread!!
#15 of 29 Old 01-13-2004, 03:38 AM

I like this thread My baby is 9mo and is not crawling and after rolling at nearly 5 mo didn't do it again until about a month ago! She doesn't get you can roll across the floor, she'll only do it once.

She's recently had a little skill explosion (pointing, great pincher grip, pushes buttons, claps, waves, kisses, cuddles on cue and so on, all cute tricks) but her mobility is mostly confined to 360 degree turns I know in my heart she is not going to crawl ever LOL. I reckon she'll walk in a few months time and not spend much time on her hands and knees.

My niece who is 7 months older was raised very differently and was mobile using a commando crawl at 5mo! Comparisons cannot be helped, I make them myself. I don't really feel that anything we did made a difference, but I sometimes wonder

To be honest, I kinda am glad she's immobile, cause soon I will have to baby proof
#16 of 29 Old 01-13-2004, 03:54 AM

Me too, Me too.

I was really looking forward to the January Mommies thread and when it finally rolled around was a wee little dismayed (well, perhaps 'dismayed' is a little strong) to hear about all the things other babies were doing. However, (and this just might be my own defense mechanism) I kind of relish the fact that ds is wonderfully, gloriously average - whatever that means. And whats wrong with average? I'm really trying to not get caught in the trap of comparisons...but ohhhh sometimes it is hard. He took forever to crawl. In fact, I thought he was going to bypass it completely. Then - he just did. I think he will torture us the same way with walking.

Everyone in our families assumes that he will be very verbal...and he is very verbal. Its just that none of the sounds seem to mean anything. He sure makes some cute ones though. A few mornings ago he began to laugh while waking up, sat up and clapped his hands (a *very* recent development), smiled and said "Didn-didn-dadn". I loved it....but I think it was just his most recent, favorite sound combination. I can't wait till he talks...till we can hold a conversation...so thats probably the one area where I'm the most temped to fall into the "oh no, whats wrong with me/my baby/my parenting/etc" trap. Quite frankly, I'm not in such a rush for him to walk. It will just get even more difficult to get a diaper on him. :->

Perhaps we just think everyone elses baby is more advanced?

What a fun and helpful thread. Great idea to start it. Your babies all sound wonderful to me!

Jenelle
#17 of 29 Old 01-18-2004, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by manitoba_mommy
I know I can not be the only one who reads about 9 month olds talking or 4 month olds crawling and thinks "wow, and my baby can barely (fill in the blank)".
What about the 4 months old talking? Apparently many 4 month olds say their first words at 4 months old. I've never met any IRL, just moms online, but it must be pretty common somewhere in the world. Actually my daughter said dogdish clear as day when she was 4 months old, but I didn't count that as her first word since it was completely random.

My first daughter crawled at 8 months, walked at a year, starte really talking when she was around 2.5 or 3 years. Potty trained when she was 3.5. Weaned at 3.5, slept through the night around 4 or 4.5 with occasional lapses. Oh, an apparently she was smaller than everyone else's babies too. I was reading through an old journal entry and people who saw her when she was 18 months old thought she was much younger because their grandchildren were 11 months old but much bigger. She actually is one of the shortest kids her age that I know, so I guess she is going to be short.

I have gotten that a few times with Jessie, and supposedly she is at the top of the charts, sizewise. When our babies were only a month old, she said something about my daughter being on the small side. How much did she weigh at birth. Imagine her surprise when I said 11 lbs 6 ozs. ROFL!
#18 of 29 Old 01-19-2004, 12:16 PM

i was looking around for the babies born in march thread and couldnt find it....maybe thats a good thing after all! :LOL :LOL
i think ill stop looking for it and just blissfully enjoy the celebration of where my beautifully average baby is at....
#19 of 29 Old 01-31-2004, 04:21 AM

bump .

DS is starting to crawl, LOL its that "commando" crawl that some babies do at, like, 3 months. I'm thrilled that he's mobile now, its fun to watch the look on his little face when he sees something he wants... his eyes get big and he gets a determined look, then musters his energy and goes!

I wonder if slower-developing children often experience "spurts" where they catch up on a lot of different things?

How are the other fabulously average babes doing?

#20 of 29 Old 01-31-2004, 08:08 AM

We're average here too! I hate reading about other June babies at another site because those babies are practically writing their dissertations!

Quote:
Actually my daughter said dogdish clear as day when she was 4 months old, but I didn't count that as her first word since it was completely random
I think this is too funny. When my ds was about 3 months he said airport perfectly. I thought it was my imagination but my friend looked up at me and was like, oh my gosh he just said airport :LOL. I can't wait until he starts talking for real.
#21 of 29 Old 01-31-2004, 02:40 PM

Casey is 11 days away from 10 months and still not crawling. She does get onto her hands and knees, though--definitely *wants* to crawl, but can't quite get the hang of it yet. My friends' babies who are the same age are walking! (While holding onto push-toys, sure, but they're still *WALKING*!) Am I the only one who thinks this is amazing??

She "talks" a lot, and loves to point at things and say something that sounds like "dey." I don't know exactly what it means. She also waves hi, claps, and kisses. Very adorable! She has a nice pincer grasp, too, but doesn't put things in her mouth, so there's no point trying to start her on finger foods. I'd like to, simply because it would increase the variety of foods she could eat, and make feeding her a bit less of a production. But who can complain about a baby that doesn't put things in her mouth??

I'm still quite happy to have an average (or even slow) baby. I'm not looking forward to having to chase my little Mobile Monster all over the house! We haven't even had to baby-proof much of anything yet! Hooray for average-ness! :LOL

**After reading the following post, I had to add that Casey has just now figured out how to consistently roll from front to back. No attempt to roll from back to front at all. Why bother, if you can't crawl?
#22 of 29 Old 02-01-2004, 07:30 PM

My youngest will be 5 months in a little over a week and he hasn't ever rolled, back to front, or front to back. He does all the other stuff on the chart but he doesn't get set down really, so he hasn't had a chance to try to roll, I guess.
Hooray for average babies!
#23 of 29 Old 02-11-2004, 06:29 AM

I found this thread while searching in the archives for posts on babies NOT crawling (slow to reach milestones, etc.)

My ds is 7 months old. I've been concerned that something is wrong with my little boy. I know he's brilliant, special, amazing, but there's this little fear that because he's not crawling, not clapping, or doing other little things that something is wrong with him or my parenting. I too have been on other boards and have read about these 7 month old babies practically preparing dinner for themselves and I'm thinking...is it bad that ds isn't doing that too?

You guys have no idea (or maybe you do) how relieving it felt to read that other moms have blamed themselves for slow milestones. I always think it's because I don't do enough, I'm not meeting some need of his. Somedays I'm so worn out by carrying him around all day that I put him down on the floor and give him some toys and I'll leave him be while I try to get things done. A lot of times I don't interact with him again until he gets mad and lets me know he wants attention. I feel guilt about this, like I should be teaching him french and showing him flashcards...or something like that! I know overall I'm a good mama but I always fall short - like today when I yelled, "AAAAAHHHHHHH!" really loudly and, honestly, pretty angrily, because ds kept fussing and fussing, fussing, fussing while in my arms. I scared him and he cried and somehow that translates to "bad mommy" = no crawling. Twisted logic but it somehow makes sense to me.

And someone mentioned that because their baby is very verbal they use that to ease the concern over other milestones not being reached quickly. Yes!!! That's me!

I also was an extremely quick baby. My mom still brags about how I walked at 10 months old and was potty trained at 18 months. My husband is so darn smart it's humbling at times. Soooo I KNEW that my son would be a genius. But, to be honest, my ds seems disinterested in being an Olympic Milestone Reacher.

Lastly, I keep hearing from my family that ds is not mobile because I carry him / sling him / spoil him too much. I can understand their logic, but kids in Africa who are worn all day eventually learn to walk, grow up to be normal and are bright - so I keep telling myself to calm down and just enjoy who my ds is. I guess this is my first lesson in learning to let my child be his glorious self in his own time, in his own way, on his terms!
#24 of 29 Old 02-11-2004, 11:00 AM

Sandra, your son sounds perfect to me!

And believe me--we've all been frustrated to the point of yelling--doesn't make me proud by any means, but it is completely normal! And I don't sling Casey except when we go out, and it hasn't made any difference in her lack of crawling--so tell that to your family!
#25 of 29 Old 02-11-2004, 03:18 PM

I was just thinking about this the other day.

I spend a lot of time with Jackson, on the floor helping him learn. We spend time practicing standing alone, standing and leaning on things, crawling, and pulling up. I carry him a lot, and I also get told that this is why he' isn't crawling like a pro yet.

I was then thinking about my own upbringing. I was watched during the day by a woman I called "grandma" - she was a very dear woman, and loved me a lot, no doubt. But she did not ever get on the floor and help me crawl, I can guarantee it! I spent much of my time in a playpen with toys, and I highly doubt I was encouraged to do much movement of any kind. Yet I learned to do all those things that babies do, and I don't recall being told that I was "late" on any milestones. My sister, raised by the same woman, walked at 9 months and has always been ahead on many milestones.

OK, long story, but my point is to reinfornce how babies will do things at their own pace. I really doubt that our time spent encouraging them and teaching them these things makes a huge impact on when they figure it out - maybe by mere days if it does influence it at all. Not that I'm going to stop the playtime activities or put Jackson in a playpen because, "that's how I learned and I'm fine" , but just another word of encouragement to us mamas with happy and content babies .
#26 of 29 Old 02-11-2004, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, my baby is a little older than most of yours and is truely the most fantastic baby in the world but developmentally wise she is average. I was reading a thread here about a mom asking how she could encourage her sons learning. I thought "wow he is pretty bright little guy" thinking frm her post and his verbal abilities that he was 3 or so. He was only 2 weeks older than my dd whos only real verbal expression is "ticka ticka" She has said Mom and dad and her sisters names but only once or twice and then they went in the vault. Does anyone elses kids do this. You know the words are in there but they just have no desire to use them? Anywho, everything about her has been textbook and I like it. So easy. My first was delayed in most area. My second was an honest to goodness ubber baby (crawling at 4 months walking at 8 and talking in sentences at 9) and it was absolute ccraziness including permanet head lumps and broken bones. Her physical development was way ahead of her mental development. Also when all her words went into the wault at 12 months peole accused us of doing somehting that made it stop. It was also sad to lose my baby so quickly. I prefer the snuggly, mommy focused sort of child. So average. Very nice. I am telling you. It is the place to be.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#27 of 29 Old 02-11-2004, 06:38 PM

I *love* this. Thanks to you all for sharing details of your lovely babes. I am pretty sure my ds would be in the middle of the developmental charts - though I don't look at the charts. But I too stopped reading the boards at another website b/c they made me worry. Just last night I picked up my favorite new parenting book -- Becoming the Parent You Want to Be -- and I delighted in the chapter called "Cultivating Optimism about your Children." It was good to be reminded that these wonderful beings will develop at their own, wonderful pace and following their own wonderful style and I don't need to worry. (I also loved the idea that some struggle is part of development, so it is OK if he is getting frustrated with not being able to get over to the kitty or the toy or whatever. I don't have to "rescue him.")

Anyway, here's the scoop on my "average" 7 mo old: chatting away with sounds, but no words, laughing, smiling, rolling pretty often but not very far, pushing up with his hands but quite far from crawling. Generally, he's a little imp and I find him very amusing.

Thanks again for sharing your kiddos and also your worries.
#28 of 29 Old 02-12-2004, 02:03 AM

I love you guys! Really! Whenever I'm worried about something with my little guy, there's this board to either help me solve the problem or bring my worries out of the dark and open them to the sunshine!

Thank you so much for your comments! Thank you all for sharing.

And I've got to tell you that "Ticka Ticka" may very well be code for solving time travel or ending world hunger. I will take heart that my ds is doing *exactly* what he should be doing!

Thanks Manitobamama for starting this thread!
#29 of 29 Old 02-12-2004, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jacksmama
And I've got to tell you that "Ticka Ticka" may very well be code for solving time travel or ending world hunger.
:LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page