February 09 mamas-a new home here? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so jealous of your hot weather. We already have the furnace turned on! It is getting down in the 30s overnight and if we're lucky it hits 50s during the day. We aren't getting an autumn here, just going straight into winter. Owyn hates getting all bundled up when we have to leave. The first time I put her hat on her, she thought it was neat and kinda funny. Now, she knows she has to wear it and she hates it.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
We have our woodstove on much of the time these days... So far Katmai hasn't gone for it, but we're keeping an eye on him (hoping to delay any painful "that's hot" lesson at least until he's old enough to understand). As an Alaska baby, we can have fleece suit weather any time of year, so he's used to the bundling. Actually, I think he associates it with outside walks, which he likes.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:09 AM

Well, Maia's learned how to splash in the bathtub, so now bath time is even more fun!

She takes 3-4 steps at a time to move between objects or reach me, but seems to have no interest in doing it more regularly than that. I'm okay with it, because once she's walking... omg! no more baby!

I have returned to work part-time, so I see other babies and ask how old they are all the time. Whenever the baby is younger than Maia, all I can think of is "wow, Maia seemed so much older at that age"! She just seems so grown-up to me, ya know? And yet I bet these babies have just as much personality and spark as she did at those ages. It's just weird to think of how much a baby other people must see her as!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM

Owyn is crawling. Last I posted, she had just started and is now all. over. the. place. Oh how I miss the days when I could put her down and know she would stay there. She is crawling and climbing all the time. She is starting to pull up to things when she wants something badly enough. I have a feeling the path to walking will be marked with many bumps and bruises.

DH and I were talking about when we would be ready for #2. I still think of Owyn as a baby and I think I'll be ready for another when I no longer view her that way. Maybe when she's walking I'll think of her more as a toddler. I can see the toddler come out in her every now and then, especially with her newfound mobility.

I have other concerns to consider when having another baby, though. I have to think about all the other kiddos I care for and how a newborn would fit into the mix. My SIL is having a baby this winter and he will be in my care. I kind of want to enjoy some time of no babies before I have another of my own... of course I may feel differently once I hold and love on that new baby. We'll see.

I'm so excited for Christmas! Anyone else?

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 10-19-2009, 04:13 PM

Aleric is standing all the time now, even in the bath he wont sit down all he wants to do is stand, and with standing comes falling. We just got him his first pair of shoes also, he was scared of them at first. When we first put them on him he wouldn't stand at all, now its just like he was barefoot.

As for Christmas, yep im excited, more exited than anything to be able to take him out and look at all the lights. We are going to go to the parade of lights with him, and electri-critters at out local zoo. And we are buying a new Christmas tree to start with "our family" the tree I have right now was bought when my 26 year old brother was born so... its time for a new one. I am wondering about what to get him for Christmas though. What are all of you getting for your little ones?

As for another one, yes I want one, but I do want to wait a few years, I want to try for a home vbac. But my dh doesn't want another one so im hoping in a few years he will.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Christmas! Oh my goodness ... it can't be that time already.
We haven't given any gifts for the last few years as our circle of family and friends work toward a more simplified holiday season. We have a big meal and a tree ... but I'm betting the baby will attract some prezzies. We've asked people to resist giving her gifts and instead make a donation in her name. I don't know how that will go. As for presents from us, I found a Melissa and Doug wooden puzzle still in the package at the thrift store for $2.50! Woohoo! And we put aside a stuffed mole someone gave her when she was born. I think that'll do. I did tell my parents that we'd love a small wooden kitchen because they do want to get her something. And my mom is knitting her a lamb puppet.
Nevermind Christmas ... how about Halloween? We've had a couple mamas on here telling us about the costumes. I think we're going to make Esmé up as a fairy. She's got little leggings with stars, and we'll make her wings and a wand (a felt star tucked over a wooden spoon) ... and a little sparkly tutu her auntie is making her. We're going to stay in and hand out goodies, so she doesn't have to be super warm.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:25 PM

Owyn is dressing up as Holly Hobbie. We're going out to the town's trick or treating festival. They close down all the businesses downtown and the owners hand out candy or other prizes. We'll probably hit the grandparents and aunts and uncles too. I'm glad it's on a Saturday. We can get started early and be done before dark.

I have Owyn's Christmas list made up. We start saving super early, so we had to start thinking about it a while back. I tried to condense it as much as possible, but I'm a person that loves to give gifts so when it comes to my own daughter I'll probably over-do-it. Her daddy is making her a wooden toy chest. "Santa" is bringing her a Radio Flyer Scoot About (this will begin her Radio Flyer saga, to be continued in years to come with a wagon and tricycle). We're getting her some Christmas PJ's to be opened on Christmas Eve and worn that night. A dress. A Keepsake ornament. One toy... I picked out a Melissa and Doug pull-along cart w/alphabet blocks in it. And two books... a Christmas one and a bedtime one.

A lot of that is carrying on traditions from my own childhood that have always been meaningful to me. DH has a soft spot for Radio Flyer paraphenalia, so that's him. And he will probably always make her something for Christmas. Woodworking is his favorite hobby, so that's all him as well.

We'll also be going out together to cut down our tree, another family tradition and probably the most important one. Between her and the kiddos I baby sit I'm wondering how in the world I'm going put a tree up! This could be quite an adventure. Oh, I love Christmas! Can't wait to start listening to the music!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:20 PM

Oh yeah, I'm so excited we just ordered Owyn's new convertible car seat! She's still been in the bucket seat and has hated every moment of it, so we finally ordered her one.

This is the one we got:
http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Tr...5983771&sr=8-1

Can't wait for it to get here, it looks soooo comfy!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:25 PM

Fiona is going as a pirate for halloween. We'll be staying home to pass out candy. She has red and white striped pants and a friend (she's a very talented 9th grader!) helped me to applique a skull and crossbones on a tshirt. It turned out great. We will all have to post pictures after Halloween!

We are big fans of Christmas around here. We always go for a hike to find a tree to cut down. I love the smell of a tree in the house. As for gifts I'm really striving to keep things simple. We'll do new pj's on winter solstice (from the solstice ferry!) and probably a wooden stacking toy and a puzzle or something similar on Christmas. I like to knit so I'm thinking of putting a new hat in her stocking. I'm going to suggest that the grandparents (my folks) do a walker toy... a doll buggy or wagon of some type. Books are always good too!

As for her other grandparents... they go out of control on Christmas. I was honestly appalled the first Christmas I spent with them. They gave the grandkids like 10-15 toys! Mostly plastic crap that makes noise. I really had to work hard to not show how horrified I was over the whole scene. We aren't really sure how to handle that situation. Luckily (is that bad to say!) we won't see them for Christmas and their gifts will have to be mailed. I'll just pick out one thing from the pile if I have to. I think I'm going to tell them no plastics and here are a few things that she might like... please pick one. I don't know how well that will work though. Hmm...

The day after Christmas Fiona and I are flying to Washington to my folks house. My sis lives next door and her baby is due Christmas day. I'm going to help her out with her other kiddos... this is baby number 8! I can't wait! I'm glad that it will still be Christmassy while I'm there. DH can't get away which is why we are heading out the day after Christmas. I hope I can still be there for the birth but I doubt baby #8 will be late!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 10-20-2009, 01:14 PM

walking does bring on a lot of bumbs and bruises. when i had my first (who started walking at 8 months) i thought people would think i was abusing her. Luckily noone did, and by #2 i knew what to expect. Junes hasn't started walking yet and we are already past the bumbs and bruises from learning to crawl and stand.

We have very mildly begun thinking about christmas. I picked up some books on sale at wla greens and want to get back there to continue taking advantages of the changing sales. I will make them each something, and hopefully my husband will have time to make them each something.

so i am feeling kind of sad and wondering what is wrong with me that people don't really include me in their kid get togethers. I just found out the group of moms who all have babies about Junes age from LLL all go ttogether for a little halloween costume playdate and I wasn't invited, which makes me think of when josie had a group of kids her age at LLL that always got together and I wasn't invited, which brings me to Jewel and the group of kids and parents at school that get together and do things and I am not invited. I don't think it has to do with my kids, but to do with me. I must be doing something wrong and i don't knwo what. MY dh was no help.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:29 PM

Christmas? It's not even November. Right now I'm working on getting through 6 weeks or so of traveling (book tour) with baby, and have not thought one day beyond it...

Katmai's still doing his "seal flop" crawl. I'm not sure if he'll move on to standard crawling at some point, or if he's decided that he can get where he's going fast enough this way. He's getting a lot better at pulling up to stand lately (could do it for a long time, but can do it on more different objects), and faster at moving around and getting into things. Just when I'm carting him around to all sorts of new places with intriguing objects he shouldn't destroy! I'm sure he knows by now we don't like him to grab electrical cords - which makes them his favorite toy.

I got to see Katmai with other babies his age the other day for the first time (his group of friends at home are all a few months younger). Interesting to see the differences! I had never thought of him as "contemplative" before, but compared to the other two, he was.

Thursday: About the play groups. Are you sure that part of the problem isn't just because you have two older kids? I know that in my town, I tend to get together more with the other moms of first/only babies than with the babies the same age that have older siblings. Not because I don't like the other moms! Just because the first timers seem to feel more need to reach out for eachother (less experience), and because some of what we do (hikes with babies, etc) would be harder with 2 and 4 year olds.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post
walking does bring on a lot of bumbs and bruises. when i had my first (who started walking at 8 months) i thought people would think i was abusing her. Luckily noone did, and by #2 i knew what to expect. Junes hasn't started walking yet and we are already past the bumbs and bruises from learning to crawl and stand.

We have very mildly begun thinking about christmas. I picked up some books on sale at wla greens and want to get back there to continue taking advantages of the changing sales. I will make them each something, and hopefully my husband will have time to make them each something.

so i am feeling kind of sad and wondering what is wrong with me that people don't really include me in their kid get togethers. I just found out the group of moms who all have babies about Junes age from LLL all go ttogether for a little halloween costume playdate and I wasn't invited, which makes me think of when josie had a group of kids her age at LLL that always got together and I wasn't invited, which brings me to Jewel and the group of kids and parents at school that get together and do things and I am not invited. I don't think it has to do with my kids, but to do with me. I must be doing something wrong and i don't knwo what. MY dh was no help.
I don't have any luck with meeting people who have kids at all. My son has seen probably 1 baby his whole life and that kid wanted NOTHING to do with him , he was so sad. But from what you say, do you really want to be friends with people like that? The way I read it they are those snobby type moms and I would want to stay away from people like that, but its still can hurt my feelings when I see them all getting together for a play date knowing that my son wasn't included. Sometimes I think maybe my son is missing out on something, but then I just try to so something fun for him. I hope it gets better for you mama, and never think its something wrong with you, its probably something wrong with them.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

People really do suck sometimes, don't they? I've always felt a little like the odd one out in social groups, so I understand what you're talking about. FWIW, the little bit I've talked to you on here and seen you through our DDC, I've always thought you seemed like a very cool person who makes gorgeous little girls. If you were in my neck of the woods, I would totally invite you out for a playdate.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 PM

you would think if it was them it wouldn't happen so often.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM

Thursday - like mckittre said, it may be because you have older kids. I tend to socialize more with other first time moms. Or other mdc moms - they are hard to find though!

Re Halloween - Royce will be going as a little golfer, and I'll definitely post pics afterwards! We will trick-or-treat at family and friends houses, just to show him off in his outfit

Re Christmas - I love Christmas and am so excited about planning Royce's first. When I was a kid my family always made a day of going to get the tree, there was a place where you took a wagon ride out to the tree field, cut down your tree, then got hot chocolate. I want to start that tradition with Royce. And I'm still in the process of deciding on what to get him. His birthday is just a few weeks after Christmas, so he'll probably get overloaded with presents. I wish I could get my family to buy wooden toys, but that probably won't happen. The 2 big items I'm thinking of are both from Ikea - they have a really cute little wooden slide, and also they have a little kitchen and all the accessories for that. I want to create a playroom for him and I think both of these would be a great start.

As for us, Royce is doing really well. He is standing all the time (holding on to things), and has started walking alongside whatever he's holding onto. He still isn't really crawling, he does it a little bit (maybe 1-2 feet) and only once in a while. I think he may end up skipping crawling.
And as for me, my pp af arrived Royce is still up every few hours through the night so I'm a bit annoyed with this. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with af until I had a baby sleeping through the night. Ugh...

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 AM

oh that sucks about af Gillian. It works differently for everyone.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:20 AM

I feel for you Gillian. My AF arrived at 4 months PP. I had two right on schedule and haven't had one for a month and a half now... absolutely no chance I'd be pregnant, so I guess I'm just still irregular from BF. She still nurses overnight as well. Although we're having more and more nights when she'll either only nurse once, or she won't nurse at all until around 6 in the morning. It's pretty wonderful even if we do still get the occasional night when she nurses up to 4 times.

I still miss being pregnant. Anyone else? I so don't want another baby yet, but I wouldn't mind being pregnant and giving birth... all that comes after that, I can totally wait on a little longer.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:18 PM

Hi Ladies -- it has been a while so I tried to catch up on the posts. So much change with the babes lately! I can't believe how squirmy my little girl is these days. She's crawling (low-crawling) like crazy these days and while I'm excited, I also find it exhausting to keep up with her. No PP AF for me yet but I look forward to it returning -- I'd like to get a sense of my cycles so I can get ready in advance of trying for the next babe.

I'm not ready to be prego again yet but it will be sometime (God willing) next year.

Ladies, how are your moods lately? I find that I have 2-3 days a week where I feel pretty funky -- not quite down but more cynical and harsher than usual. Don't know what it is but I'm not used to it. Trying to "will" myself to be extra positive on those days but it's tough. I can't tell whether it's just general sleep deprivation either.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:00 PM

I miss our DDC! It's so good hearing how all of the little ones are doing. I'm sitting at my computer, pumping, just thinking that a year ago I never could have anticipated what was coming.

Thursday Girl, I'm in the same boat. I try to be social but I'm really shy I guess, and I think people take me as stand-off-ish. Since the move I haven't made any friends, really, even though we have neighbors with kids. I think what I'm going to have to do is join something for DD, like swiming lessons or Girl Scounts (eventually) so that others will want me around to help. That's just my situation...but you're not alone.

heinz28, I'm thinking about another baby too--more now that Aubrey is growing so quickly. I'm hoping to join a summer/fall 2011 DDC.

We aren't planning much for halloween or chirstmas. Halloween plans are just to sit outside and hand out candy and watch the kids. It should be nice enough to be outside. We did get a pumpkin, and might carve it. Aubrey likes to observe so this should be enough for her this year. As for Christmas, I know the gparents will send gifts, so we'll probably not do a lot.

Aubrey is not really crawling, but doing a side-winder sort of thing that gets her around pretty well. Honestly I wish she could stay this age forever!

Old 10-24-2009, 03:43 AM

Yay, Katmai went on his first big airplane trip (just 3 hours, but first time on a big jet) today, and was totally fine! No fussing, nursed to sleep for takeoff and landing - as easy as I might have wished. And he's getting over his fear of new people and was happy to go to his grandma (who we're visiting) nearly right away.

We're going to a "pie party" for Halloween. I love to bake pie. No idea if we'll do costumes or not.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:04 AM

I just weighed Makenna today and she has only gained 6 ounces in 6 weeks or so! She's been about to outgrow her 3-6 month clothes for a few weeks now...hasn't been growing really. I left a message for me pediatrician and she got my voicemail and said she is falling off her growth curve. She is such a picky eater! She won't eat any purees and she won't eat many fruits or veggies I give as finger foods. She likes starches - puffs, cheerios, bread, etc. I try not to give too much of that. Also lately she hasn't been drinking much supplement. I breast feed then supplement and this week she has been refusing it or only drinking half of her normal amount...and I know she isn't getting all she needs from me. Not sure what to make of it. She did have a stuffy nose for 5 days or so so maybe that is why she drank less and maybe she lost some weight? She looks happy and rolly polly so I'm not overly concerned. We have our 9 month visit in a week and a half. The doc said in her message I might want to bring her in next week to get a weight check and talk about diet but I don't think she knew I was coming in the following week...and I don't want to pay our $25 copay to have her weighed.

Anyone have any thoughts? Or ideas on how to get her to eat something pureed or non starchy??

Makenna's playgroup halloween party is tomorrow. Should be adorable!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 10-24-2009, 11:15 AM

Cindy How much does she weigh? My niece just turned a year old and weighs 16.6 lbs. She's 27 inches long. She looks like she's about 6 or 7 months old. She has always been a tiny girl. I asked my SIL last night if she was even on the charts and she said no. She hovered at the 3rd percentile for a while, but now is not even on the chart anymore. She said she is still on her curve, so the pediatrician wasn't concerned. You little one may just be tiny like my niece is.

Owyn has been particularly clingy the last couple of days. I'm hoping it's because her other tooth is coming through. She wants to climb on everything and everyone! But everytime she climbs, she ends up falling and hurting herself. It's a little heartbreaking to watch, but she'll fuss for a minute until she starts towards her next obstacle.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:19 PM

Mal: She is 16 lbs 7 ounces and 26 inches or so. I'm not concerned so much about her being small (she was only 5 lbs 12 ounces at birth so has always been on the smaller side) but about the fact that she hasn't gained more than 6 ounces in about 6 or so weeks whereas she was steadily gaining 1 lb/month before that. I don't know if weight gain is supposed to slow down more now? She is definitely more active scooting and rolling but she's not even really crawling yet...just pushing herself backwards. So it's not like she's burning a ton of calories being all over the place.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Cindy: Fiona is also little. I'll get an official weight on her at her 9 month visit on Nov 2nd, but according to my home scale she is just at 16 pounds. She had been gaining about 1 pound a month but appears to be slowing down now as well. I'm not really worried about it. I would guess that Makenna's lack of appetite is due to not feeling well. My family Dr stresses to me every time not to worry about solids... if she wants them great, if not no big deal. Hopefully as Makenna starts to feel better she'll be back to her normal intake of breastfeeding/supplement.

We went to the fairgrounds to the 4-H pumpkin sale today which was fun. It was a whirlwind of kids and Fiona just quietly took it all in. She's crashed out sleeping now!

We've been having lots of fun with books lately. She loves to turn the pages for me. Her favorite is an animal sounds book. She likes to imitate the animal sounds after we do. She does mmmmm for moo, aaaaagh (very loudly every time!) for baa and maa (sheep and goat), and doodoodoo for cock-a-doodle-doo! Its so cute! Of course all attempts at video taping have failed!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 10-25-2009, 01:22 PM

I don't think a happy baby who is otherwise healthy will starve herself! You're offering her plenty of good calories, I think she'll be fine. And I think weight gain does slow down as they get older anyway.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:00 PM

weight gain does slow down with age bd with new milestones like moving around (crawling/walking). I would continue to watch her diapers, her activity, and how she seems over all. I have heard of plenty of doctors reccomeding diets of extra fat and chcoolate milk and such to get kids to gain wieghtm, but personnaly feel adding unhealthy weight isn't going to fix it. (PLUS the hugest are the things i mentioned looking for)

I don't track Junipers weight. we don't do well baby visits either so I never know how much she weighs or anything like that. It was the same with Josephine.

we went to a somewhat local farm for a pumpkin festival and they had a free circus. mostly human acts. Junes was enthralled.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 PM

Courtney is your sister having a baby? I saw she joined--and it's in your sig too, obviously. I loved that pic of you pregnant and "unpregnant" using your sis.

Cindy, have you tried sweet potatoes? Boiled soft, and mashed with chunks is a hit here. I know it's starchy but could be worse.... I would probably take her in for the 9mo. WBC, given the history of it. Doesn't hurt, but it is probably because she had a stuffy nose. Aubrey eats less when she's not feeling well, then makes up for it the following week(s).

The little monkey is slowly becoming human! She's working on her first three teeth all at once, so it should be interesting to see how she manages them when they're through. She's experimenting with chomping my nipples with the little nubs, but so far it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:00 AM

Yeah we're going in for the 9 month visit a week from Thursday so we can talk about it then and see what she weighs by then. She seems happy and energetic and is changing and doing new things and still has chub on her thighs. I asked at playgroup yesteray and most moms said their babes only gained a lb from their last visit. So I won't worry too much. I think she is between growth spurts.

Cindy

Old 10-26-2009, 12:13 AM

I saw my niece today, the one I was saying is on the small side like your LO, Cindy. I did notice that her mom had given her chocolate milk today. And they aren't the type to just give their one year old chocolate milk, they don't give many sweets out to kids. So, I had to wonder if they are trying to put some weight on her... I didn't get a chance to ask SIL about it though. Just food for thought.

Can we talk about teeth grinding? Owyn has been grinding her teeth ever since one of her top teeth came through a couple of weeks ago. It drives me crazy. I get the willies everytime I hear her do it. Any advice or is it hopeless getting her to stop? So far, I've been sticking my finger in her mouth every time I hear her doing it. Seems unsanitary though, and she thinks I'm just playing a game when I do that. So, I'm afraid she associate the teeth grinding with a fun game and I'll get undesired results... But it stops it for the moment.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:59 AM

kate- my sister isn't pregnant. She has been reading threads off and on for a couple of years now and i finally convinced her to just join. She does want kids eventually and I think mothering is a good learning experience for her. When i had my first she was all about epidurals and would tell me that I should pump my milk and feed it to Jewel in a bottle when we were out. She told me that once she could ask for it (nursies) she was too big. NOW after reading through mothering, seeing me parent the 3 girls, and meeting some of my crunchy mom friends she is planning on having a homebirth, breastfeeding, not circ'ing, and cloth diapering. Honestly I wish i had had someone I knew who did these things. The idea of homebirthing from the start makes me jealous. Cloth diapering the first one? I wish.

as for teeth if she bites at you , just pop her off. I learned the hard way that it is best to nip behavior in the bud that won't be comfortable later on. things like biting, walking around while nursing. ( i mean the standing up and sort of dancing with the back half) Things like jumping and climbing on furniture. Yeah the baby can't really do any damage, but she will be used to doing it when she gets bigged when she can. LOL.

Junes is sick again. my throat hurts. I am so annoyed between the kids and I someone had been sick almost every day for over a month. we will have a day or two without sickness, we go out, and then someone gets sick again. (usually the baby and I) This REALLY sucks.

mal i know when my husband grinds his teeth in his sleep i just sort of use my hand to hold his jaw(you know thumb on one side, fingers on the other) and i gently "loosen" his jaw. It tends to get him to stop. But that like the finger in the mouth could turn into a game I suppose, but it's all I've got.

User Tag List