February 09 mamas-a new home here? - Page 27 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#781 of 1064 Old 01-26-2010, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh mamamillet that is tough. is she going through a growth spurt, new development, or new teeth? that is what has always made my kids wake up a lot at night.

I am jealous of you multi linguists. I so want my kids to know another language, unfortunately dh and I only speak English. We do have them going to a school were they get immersion Spanish, but not every day. Once they get a bit older they start adding other languages. my high school graduation they should be taking Spanish, french, German, and Latin. Right now some of the older kids from the school are actually in Costa Rica on a field trip.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#782 of 1064 Old 01-26-2010, 11:21 PM

Beautiful pictures Courtney! I especially love the nursing photo. I need to get DH to take more of those since this is what we spend so much time doing! Here are a few of my girl...

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/n...h/IMG_2424.jpg looking cute

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/n...h/IMG_2417.jpg bundled up

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/n...h/IMG_2411.jpg winter walk

I hope everyone starts feeling better and getting sleep soon!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#783 of 1064 Old 01-26-2010, 11:31 PM

Oh it is definitely teething. She has 6 coming...her molars and 2 of the cuspids (top). And right now I would like to go to bed but I just got my shower after getting her down and cleaning up the kitchen. I started a load of clothes that need to go in the dryer before I can get in bed...
cut pics

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#784 of 1064 Old 01-27-2010, 12:57 AM

Courtney - great pics! The class isn't drop in. I had to register for the 6 class session and pay for them all in advance. I get the impression not everyone makes it to each one though bc of illness, etc. $3 is a great deal, especially since it includes snack!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#785 of 1064 Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Unfortunately multiple languages isn't in the cards for Katmai - we only speak English, and there aren't any immersion programs here.

That sign language class sounds neat, Cindy. I do wish I could convince Katmai to use signs - I've been using a handful of them since he was 5 or 6 months old, and all I get in return is an occasional "dog" (which I may be imagining). Seeing as he claps and points and waves, so I'm not sure why the "official" signs are any harder?

Digging up the garden, Courtney? I'm jealous! The seed catalogs have arrived here, making me start thinking about spring. I love the snow - but it would be nice to magically have a longer growing season as well. We can still eat kale from under the snow, though - it's so nice to have something fresh in the winter, I think I'll plant twice as much next year.
#786 of 1064 Old 01-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Fiona is such a doll! I remember when she was born and you posted newborn pics of her and I called DH over to the computer to see the picture of that stunning baby.

So, we had taken a break from the transition to the crib, but we're back to it now with a better plan than before. So far, she has made it three nights in a row in her crib! I am getting up to nurse her, but it only takes 15-20 minutes to get her back down in the crib. Although I do have to fully wake up unlike when I nursed her in bed, I do feel more refreshed in the morning, so I must be sleeping better in between than I did with her in the bed.

Once she gets used to being in her bed and we have that routine a little more set, I think we'll start trying to nightwean. That will probably take a while, a couple of months I'm sure. I don't want to throw too much change at her at once. She's already nursing less now that she's in her bed and it's not readily available to her. I can see baby #2 on the horizon and I just really want to have my body back to myself for a little while before I start sharing it with another little one.

Next weekend, I'm attending an alternative parenting symposium at the nearest Waldorf school. Not really sure what it entails, but I'm excited about going! I'll have to let you ladies know what I learn!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#787 of 1064 Old 01-27-2010, 04:57 PM

wow thats amazing, kale from UNDER the snow? so neat.

fiona is gorgoues.

6 teeth at once, oh my! i wonder if some of unes back teeth have been coming in.

speaking of junes , she loves pickles. her pickle loving daddy is pretty proud.

dh got me two new chickens today. i named one becky, for the chicken he had that he lost the first night and i am trying to decide on a name for the other. she will be a black and white and will lay bluish green eggs. At first I liek Constance, but the i decided to save that for when we get a cow. so now up for grabs are Emmaline, Amelia, Meredith (for my twin sister since today is her birthday, i thought it would be fitting), or shelley or Shelby...well b/c it has the word shell in it, as in eggshell. what do you think? do you have any chicken names? or other chickens (all girls) are Beercan (becasue someday she will be a beercan chicken on the grill), Mabel, Yellow Dot, and James Bond.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#788 of 1064 Old 01-27-2010, 05:36 PM

Thanks for the comments on my girl! We dig her and think she's pretty cute too!

Mal: i wish I could join you at the symposium. Sounds right up my alley. Let us know what you learn.

Here are the names we have used for chickens:
Henrietta (loved this one!), Rosie, Poppy, Meg, Pete, Emmy (my teenage niece asked me to name a chicken after her... I named our fiestiest chick after her and she ended up being a rooster!). We are down to two hens now and am looking forward to a new batch of chicks this spring. I vote for shelly! I think that we would still have kale left if I hadn't let the chickens into the garden... they have eaten what was left. Oh well...makes for yummy eggs!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#789 of 1064 Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post
(for my twin sister since today is her birthday, i thought it would be fitting),
So, is it safe to assume that it is also YOUR birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Oh, and I like Shelley, that's my vote!

I love the photo updates!! Let's see some more!

Mal - that symposium sounds awesome! I would love to go to something like that. I should look and see if Toronto has any big ap events (that's the closest big city to me), I know for sure my town would not!

mamamillet - hope you were able to get some sleep

As for me, this lady today though Royce was about 4-5 months old He is 23lb and 30" tall. And he was standing up (with his hand on the wall) and babbling and looking at everyone when she said it. I have to assume that she just wasn't thinking at all when she said that. I've had some worries about his lack of growth lately though, and this doesn't help. His growth has REALLY slowed down, he's still 'above average' but the percentile he is in has fallen. I worry about everything it seems, I need to relax!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#790 of 1064 Old 01-28-2010, 12:28 AM

Gillian: That woman obviously was completely clueless about babies! I think it's just normal for growth to slow wayyyy down...otherwise we would end up giants by age 5. I am curious how big Makenna is and what percentile. She had only put on 1 lb in 2 months at her last visit and her percentile had dropped too. Her 1 yr WBV is next Thursday. I really don't think she has put on that much weight bc I had her to the dr a couple times when she was sick but they weighed her with clothes and when she wasn't eating or drinking very much so I didn't even make a point to remember the numbers. I just remember they weren't a whole lot higher than her 9 month weight. I do think she has grown in legnth though bc her pants are fitting differently.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#791 of 1064 Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Esmé goes for her one year visit next week, which will be the first time that I've weighed her in a about a month. She weighed about 20 lbs then, so we'll see. She's also slowed way down, but has sped up in mobility, so I think that explains it. Royce sounds right on track to me, Gillian!

Esmé's burn is healing well. As has her tummy. I caught the bug after she did and spent the night exploding from both ends. The worst part was that I do the night time parenting, so my partner had to step it up in a way she's never done before. They did okay, much to my relief. She had to pace the floor with her a couple of times, in lieu of the boob, when I was too far gone to give the boob, and then when I was well enough, I nursed her back to sleep. I'm just hoping my DP doesn't get it.

I'm doing another practice day away from Esmé tomorrow. I've got an all day CPR course, and she'll be home with DP. Wish them luck! I'll post photos when I get a minute to upload some new ones. Let's see some more!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#792 of 1064 Old 01-28-2010, 02:41 AM

Oh! And I forgot to mention that Esmé's birthday ring arrived today, made by a craftsman who lives on the Sunshine Coast here. It was WAY cheaper than most of the American ones I saw, and arrived within a few days! Here's his link ... it's beautiful!
And note, that's the price with the candles and figurines! He also ships to the states, so any of you mamas who had your eye on them, go for it!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#793 of 1064 Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 AM

i think most people have no clue about baby ages and stages. i think they just say something/anything in order to try to make a connection. people are drawn to babies, it represents the future and for a lot of people their is just hope in that.

junes lost weight while she was sick. about a pound! she's not dehyrdrated , she's happy, and she's eating so i am not really worried about it. (oh and babies totally slow down their growth. Just wait when they get a bit older they tend to hang at the same weight and just get taller. my girls hung out at the same wieght for about a year each.

thanks for the happy birthday. i had a good one.

well dh just got back from dropping the girls at school.

#794 of 1064 Old 01-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Yeah, obviously the lady had no idea about ages/stages. Mostly I think it's pretty crazy and funny that she even thought that, but there is also a little part of me that was offended that she would think my 1 year old is 4-5 months old. I'm not dwelling on it though!

Glad to hear Esme's burn is healing well!

I have some recent photos to share:

Royce being silly

Smiling

Cuteness

The wet-cloth-on-the-head thing I told you all about, he pulls the cloth up onto his head then starts to crawl around, and he thinks it's soooo funny, sometimes he gets it over his eyes and crawls blindly (I wish I could show a video, but that is above and beyond my computer knowledge!)

#795 of 1064 Old 01-28-2010, 07:18 PM

Gillian Royce is sooooooo cute! What kind of diaper is he in in the first photo?

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#796 of 1064 Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillarilla View Post
Gillian Royce is sooooooo cute! What kind of diaper is he in in the first photo?
Thank you!! And it is an AMP (Annie Marie Padorie) pocket diaper, I really like them, I mostly just use them as a cover unless someone is babysitting or we're going to be out and I won't be able to change him for a while.

#797 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 01:06 AM

I went into labor this night last year! I'm listening to my ipod playlist that I listened to during labor and birth. It's making me a bit wistful. :-)

Cindy

#798 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 AM

happy birth day cindy!

royce is totally cute.

#799 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 11:05 AM

Hey everyone, I am waaay behind and trying to catch up! We've had colds going around here and it makes everything crazy for me.

Poor Esmé! I'm sorry she got burned that is just HORRIBLE!!!

Cindy, happy Gave Birth Day! That is so sweet . . .

I love all the photos! What cute, cute babies!!!

It is very bittersweet that our babies are a year or nearly a year old. Eliza's birthday is in two and a half weeks. She is walking more and more-- walking is now her default rather than crawling!

I am really appreciating having my life back, too-- not because of her getting older, but simply because my body and brain are finally nearly recovered from pregnancy. My weight is going down, my brain is clearer, my moods and emotions more stable, my energy is greatly increased, and I'm sleeping better. Everything is better. It was a really, really hard year postpartum, and a really tough pregnancy before that. It's so amazing to be out on the other side, to finally be well again, and to have this beautiful baby, too. I am definitely not going through it again, though, that's for sure. Our family is complete. And I can't imagine not having this sweet little princess in our family!!!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#800 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 07:57 PM

Wow, I loved looking at everyone's lo's pictures. Such cute babies!!

Starling glad to know Esme's burn is healing up and that she's recovering. I hope you get over this too. Btw loved the birthday ring, so cute.

Thursday Girl and Cindy, happy birthday!

Gillian I just ignore those comments. One time last year after I had ds, I was walking with a friend when an acquaintance thought I was pregnant. She even put her hand on my belly and said "oh congratulations." I told her I wasn't pregnant and she insisted . Some people just don't get it.

Okay here's a dumb question. Not even sure if this is the right place, and I apologize for my lack of skills. How do you guys post pictures with words as opposed to the whole link?
#801 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 PM

Hi BRmama ... when you want to make a link, highlight the word or words that you want to link, then hit the icon of the globe with the chain, and it will ask you to put in the URL or web address. Does that make sense?

ps. I remember asking the same thing!

#802 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 09:42 PM

I had another practice day away from Esmé yesterday while I was at a CPR course. I was away ten hours, with travel, and she and my partner did great. But Esmé is super clingy today, and nursing non-stop, even though I think my supply is dwindling. I go back to work on Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes.

I have pictures too ... here she is wearing an awesome cowichan sweater that has been in the family for thirty years (and leggings knit by my mom).
And here she is exploring the neighbourhood.

#803 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 10:49 PM

I'm loving the photos! Seriously those dimples on Royce kill me! Starling, I noticed that sweater in a video you posted. I love it! She's one well dressed chica! Tell me about her shoes...they look cute too!

Tomorrow is Fiona's birthday party...wish I could invite you all! Actually its going to be pretty mellow. We have 4 families coming over. The kids have birthday crowns to decorate (paper) and I made a felt one for Fiona. We'll have some finger foods and cake... beer for the adults. Thats it. Should be fun!

#804 of 1064 Old 01-29-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
Starling, I noticed that sweater in a video you posted. I love it! She's one well dressed chica! Tell me about her shoes...they look cute too!

Tomorrow is Fiona's birthday party...wish I could invite you all!
We'll come! Or, we'll be there in spirit, anyway, so long as you do the same for our party on Sunday.

As for the shoes, they're Stride Rites, and I got them for 50% off because no one wants laces anymore. They're great shoes. Love 'em.

#805 of 1064 Old 01-30-2010, 12:08 AM

Starling - OMG, those cheeks on Esme! I want to squish them And it's so neat to see babies Royce's age walking around. I can't wait for Royce to take his first steps. He's just too cautious to let go!

Happy Birth-Day Cindy!! And Happy 1st Birthday to Makenna!!

AK - Hope the party goes well! I'll save your birthday wishes for the actual day

#806 of 1064 Old 01-30-2010, 01:32 AM

My poor baby. Today was Makenna's birthday. I was going to take her for pics and open presents from family but she was under the weather so we just chilled. By bedtime her fever hit 102+!! Her party is tomorow. We let everyone know she has a bug or is teething so hopefully not everyone is scared off! I really hope she is feeling well for the bash tomorrow!

AKIslandgirl: Have fun at your party tomorrow!

I love all the pics! I'll post some soon when I have some free time to upload new pics. Hoping to get some good ones tomorrow of her eating cake and wearing her tutu.

Cindy

#807 of 1064 Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
Hi BRmama ... when you want to make a link, highlight the word or words that you want to link, then hit the icon of the globe with the chain, and it will ask you to put in the URL or web address. Does that make sense?

ps. I remember asking the same thing!
Thanks Starling, and Esme is soooo cute! Love her shoes and outfit!

Quote:
I can't wait for Royce to take his first steps. He's just too cautious to let go
Same here, Landon only takes his steps when he's holding on to something. When I grab his hands and make him walk towards me the little stinker falls on the ground lol. Btw I love those dimples on Royce!

AKislandgirl thanks for the invite. We'll be there in spirit too lol. Have fun at your party, and in case I'm not here online tomorrow Happy Birthday to you and Fiona.

Vegan Princess I hope Makenna gets better soon. Sending your way
#808 of 1064 Old 01-30-2010, 04:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Happy Birthday Makenna, and hope she feels better soon! I can't believe all these babies are turning 1 already.

Katmai doesn't walk yet either. He's actually very good at balancing hands free and plays that way a lot, but no steps unless he's holding on or pushing something. And I have no idea how I'd make him walk even if I tried! I grab his hands and he just stubbornly sits down. I suspect that living in a one room house, his motivation is pretty small - he can get everywhere he wants by crawling (and outside is too snowy to do much crawling/walking).

You all are reminding me that I haven't taken any pictures of Katmai in quite a while. I should do that (at least to make the grandparents happy).

-Erin
#809 of 1064 Old 01-30-2010, 01:27 PM

Poor Makenna ...
Here's some feel-better-baby vibes for you!

#810 of 1064 Old 01-30-2010, 02:37 PM

Makenna I hope she feels up to partying today!

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page