February 09 mamas-a new home here? - Page 36 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1051 of 1064 Old 03-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
Oh and as for lopsided boobs... me too! My left boob is way bigger.
I could take you out with my left boob, while you wouldn't even notice that there is a right one! Seriously, we call my left boob "Parton" (Dolly Parton) and my right one "Swank" (Hilary Swank).
DD has pretty much exclusively nursed on the left side since birth, and not for lack of me trying e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g in the book to even her/them out.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#1052 of 1064 Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL Starling! I am a left boob girl too. Much bigger than my right. And mine were exactly the same size before nursing.

For those of you who's little ones take 1 nap/day now, what time do you put them down? I am confused as to when it should be. Makenna will go down b/w 10 and 11 but I am thinking maybe it should be later to help her last through the day better? Today playgroup got moved to a wierd time so I kept her up until 12:15. She was fine at playgroup but cranky in the car on the way home. The past 3 days she has gone down around 10:30 or 11 and woken up after 1/2 hour and wouldn't go down in her crib again...so all 3 days ended up sleeping on me for 2 hours. I'm curious if she'll sleep longer in her crib today since she was more tired when she went down?

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#1053 of 1064 Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I guess I balance you guys out then - it's my right boob that's the big one. Glad to hear I'm not the only lopsided one.

Our blizzard has subsided some, and we dug my mother-in-law's van out of the snowdrift that had entirely buried it. The power's back on, and it was nice to get out for a little walk today after being cooped up for a few days. Though it's still off and on blowing and snowing, and Katmai doesn't really like snow blowing in his face. Nothing like near zero degrees F and blizzard weather to make it feel like spring is nearly here! Perhaps it will be a good thing after all to take a book tour road trip. I can show Katmai what ground is, and grass, and maybe even a flower or two if we're lucky...

Katmai's kind of in between one and two naps. When he does take just one, he goes down around 12 or 1 PM and sleeps for around 2.5 hours. At night he sleeps from around 9 to 9.
#1054 of 1064 Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM

mine are pretty even now. somehow it has turned out that my left boob is home boob and the right one is the while we are out boob.

swank and parton, i love it.

a lot of babies drop to 1 nap around now. must get off junes is not happy i am on. (oh her fever hit 103.8 today and i caved and gave tylenol, just too high for me. it's been two days and a night now with a fever of 102 and up/.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#1055 of 1064 Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 PM

I'm pretty even, my left is slightly bigger but not really noticeable.

And, Starling - I love the nicknames

Thursday - Poor Juniper, I hope she feels better soon

Cindy - Royce has only had one nap for a while, a few months I think. He usually goes down around 12 and sleeps for 2 hours. If we're out of the house it can get pushed back to 1, and if he's up earlier than normal then his nap will be earlier. He goes to bed usually around 8-9pm (but sometimes stays up late) and sleeps until around 8am, sometimes 9am. Last night he went to bed at around 7:30 and was up around 7am and still managed to last until 1pm for his nap today, but we were out at playgroup and he was definitely getting cranky around 12.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#1056 of 1064 Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM

We're working our way towards 1 nap a day. I'm trying to hold off for warmer weather so we can spend the morning playing outside, come in for lunch, then lay down for naps. I'm also trying to get the 3 month old I keep on a more regular napping schedule so I can comfortably lay him down and take the monitor outside with us in the morning.

My almost-12 year old niece is going to be coming here a couple days a week this summer to learn the ins and outs of baby sitting. She wants to start baby sitting for money and knows how to play with the kids, but needs to learn things like changing diapers, feeding bottles, rocking to sleep, etc. So, she's going to come be my little helper. And, boy do I have plans for her while she's here! It'll be great to have an extra set of hands to help out. I may not want to send her home!

Anyone thinking about Easter? I just realized how close it is. We did a basket last year with eggs, candy, and small gifts. But she was so young, DH and I shared the candy and her gifts were easy (some babylegs and an amber necklace). Not sure what to put in her basket this year... I thought about some little gardening tools since we'll be starting the garden soon, but I'm not sure if she's old enough to enjoy those yet. I imagine she could at least come dig in the dirt with them this summer. Any ideas?

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#1057 of 1064 Old 03-11-2010, 01:57 PM

We've been doing one nap most days for a while now. Sometimes I can get two in if I don't have other kids here. She usually naps from 12:30-3 or 3:30. We can't get her to bed before 9 most nights and sometimes later. She usually wakes up between 7:30 and 8. If she wakes up earlier (like today) she'll be cranky!

Mal, the extra help sounds awesome!

I still have to get an easter basket. I was thinking of a childs size bolga basket. I got her a few egg shakers and will also get the Spring Gerda Muller book. (she got the Winter book in her stocking). I may get a couple of schleich animals too since she has a few that she loves. We are slowly putting together a farm animal collection.

Courtney, is Juniper feeling any better today?

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#1058 of 1064 Old 03-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Well it sounds like we will probably be slowly pushing Makenna's nap later and later. She did ok until noon yesterday but going down later didn't help her sleep any longer. She still only slept 40 minutes. I don't know what is happening. She had been sleeping well over an hour. Putting her down later will free up mornings to go to all the library story times around here that are at 10 or 11..yay!

I'm not doing a basket. It would be pretty much wasted on her and I don't need the candy around. :-)

We're off to the zoo today. Nice sunny day too!

I hope Junes is feeling better!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#1059 of 1064 Old 03-12-2010, 03:12 PM

Coxsackie Virus here! What is up with all this sickness?! And how did I manage to go almost 30 years without ever having it?

#1060 of 1064 Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Well the blizzard cleared soon enough for us to get out of town, and Katmai was a perfect traveler on the plane down to Seattle (although his sleeping schedule is all out of whack with the travel and time change). Looking forward to showing him some green plants when he wakes up.
#1061 of 1064 Old 03-15-2010, 05:29 PM

justKate: hope you feel better soon!

mckittre: glad the flight went well. Enjoy some nice spring weather while you are down south! I'm a little jealous!

So ladies, should we do it? Take the plunge and move on over to toddlers?!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#1062 of 1064 Old 03-15-2010, 06:13 PM

I'm ready to move to toddlers - that's where I'm lurking around these days anyway!

I'm nursing a sick baby right now He has a horribly stuffed nose, and he coughs every now and then and then starts to cry - so maybe sore throat? He's also been very sleepy and has a fever. He's been sick before but never been so sleepy and in need of me (I can't put him down, and he just wants to lay in bed nursing). I'm a bit worried because I've never seen him react like this to an illness. My poor boy, I hope he starts to show signs of improving soon (both for his sake and to ease my worries!)

On a more positive note, I think he is going to walk solo any day now! He will now walk beside me holding my hand and he is so sturdy, I know he would be fine without my hand, but he won't walk without it. I bought him his first pair of 'real' shoes on the weekend so we are all ready to go for walks outdoors now! And in case you didn't see my thread in toddlers, I found shoe shopping to be SO stressful!!! But I'm happy with the ones I got, they make him look like such a big boy

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#1063 of 1064 Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 PM

Awww, I hope royce is better soon! Makenna has an icky cold too. No fun.

Makenna is officially walking more than crawling now. If she falls she walks on her knees. It's so funny. She did a few laps around REI the other day. It's funny bc she walks all the time at home and in REI but at the park she freezes if I let go of her. I got her a pair of Pedipeds online and I think they are great!

Cindy

#1064 of 1064 Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 PM

OK, I made a thread in toddlers! Here

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page