February 09 mamas-a new home here? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1064 Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz28 View Post
AVeryGoodYear: Maia is adorable, even with the shrieking!
Thank you!

I just wanted to let all of you know that I'm hosting a Blog Carnival on July 1st to honour the Babies of 2009 If you are unfamiliar with the term, a blog carnival is when several bloggers write about the same subject and then a host blog (mine!) links to everybody. It's a great way to get more visitors to your blogs and find other people that you have something in common with.

If you'd like to participate or read more, please swing by my post about it: http://averygoodyear.net/?p=1580. I'd love to get to know all of you whose babies are close in age to my own a bit better!
#122 of 1064 Old 06-24-2009, 11:10 PM

Hey girls

AkIsland- you know, personally I use ours as a change of pace, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being uncomfortable with them at all. I hate bumbos, I think they're developmentally inappropriate, and I don't feel bad! If you feel leery about it, then go with that, your baby is not going to miss out at all. I also used my exersaucer (which is a barebones one) early because Ramsey loved it, but as someone else said, if your child is uninterested than what's the point?

Hair! We have all hardwood, no rugs or carpet in our house. We have 1 dog in the 'foyer' and a cat. I LOVE my swiffer VACCUUM. It's a regular dry swiffer with a small vaccuum in it, and it gets all the hair! It's great for wood stove ash too. It has a re-chargable battery which works fine with our solar, and it's so easy and quick.
I have found that crawling is harder on hardwood, more for the slipperyness than for discomfort. I do put down blankets and stuff; I just hate rugs other than small mats or ragrugs.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#123 of 1064 Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Hi there,
I just found this thread. I was never too active in the DDC, but just wanted to say, "Hi." to everyone and thought I'd have a look to see what the other February babies were up to.

DD says, "Hi," in response to people smiling and saying, "Hi" to her. It's so cute. She also gives kisses. She'll dive in with her mouth gaping open, smack you in the face with her open mouth, then pull back grinning and gabbering at you. It's awesome!!

She is getting stronger and can scoot around on her belly a little bit. She loves our animals and sits in her stroller watching what I'm doing and checking out chickens walk by while I milk, or work with the horses. I prefer to have her in the Ergo, but it's been over 100 ever day, so it hasn't been quite comfortable. So, I dug out the stroller and have been using it for barn chores.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#124 of 1064 Old 07-05-2009, 05:10 PM

VNE: Wow - she says Hi? So soon!

Anyone else already jealous of prego women? I know it's way too soon but it's been on my mind so much lately. I think I should wait another yr to get prego though.

DD has stranger anxiety these days. I went to get some dental work done and DH was late meeting me there so the ladies offered to hold her while they got started. Didn't work. She wailed like crazy. Always has to see momma.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#125 of 1064 Old 07-05-2009, 07:07 PM

I don't think she has any idea what she's saying, just that she's shooting back what she hears. It was an interesting progression. When she started babbling, it was at random times. Then, she would babble in response to you. Then, an "eh" when you said "Hi" to her, and now, in the last two weeks or so, it's a definite "hi". Beats me. If someone else told me about it, I doubt I'd have believed them. But, even other people say, "Did she just say 'Hi?'" with this dumbfounded expression. It's pretty funny.

DD is pretty mama centered. She's fine with anyone, strangers included, as long as there is good stuff to keep her engaged. But, at home, when it's 'dull', even DH has a hard time keeping her happy if I'm not right there. DS was never like this. It's really strange to me, even though I know it's totally common.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#126 of 1064 Old 07-05-2009, 10:43 PM

Owyn is also getting the stranger anxiety thing. She is fine if I am not there at all, but if she can hear me or knows I'm nearby but someone else is holding her, she freaks a little. She'll be good for a few minutes and, seemingly, out of nowhere just has a meltdown. Sometimes people try to comfort her on their own, which bothers me a little. I know she just wants her mama back but don't want to, like, shove them out of my way to get my baby.

She is rolling all over the place and pulling her knees up under her trying to scoot. She hasn't made the connection with her arms, though. So, she just spends a lot of time with her legs tucked under and her butt in the air. It's pretty funny to watch!

She is entranced by her hands and becoming very social. She loves to hear the sound of her own voice!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#127 of 1064 Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So wonderful to hear the updates on all the wee babes!
Esmé went to her first Unitarian Church service this morning (we just moved to a city that has one after living in a tiny town that didn't ...) and she was the belle of the ball! She had a wonderful time flirting with all the little old ladies.
She isn't sitting up on her own yet, but has fired the bouncy chair as it's not sitting up enough for her liking.
She's LOVING our dogs and cat, and they are being so good to her, even when she pulls out a hunk of fur with gleeful abandon.
She's also playing strange with folks, with the cutest pout that precedes the all out wail for mama. She's such a cool kid. She rocks!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#128 of 1064 Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Saying hi? Wow!

My guy does the butt in the air thing too. Rolls onto his tummy, gets his knees under him, then plows his head into the ground (and fails to do more than move an inch or two). Very funny looking.

He had a week or so around 2.5 months old where he was shy around strangers, but now he's our little flirt. Gives great smiles to everyone.
#129 of 1064 Old 07-06-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Anthony is such a love bug. He gives hugs and kisses (open mouth, with a little mmmaaa sound at the end). No stranger anxiety yet, hopefully he waits to start that until after my parents visit. They were here when he was born, and can't wait for them to see how much he's changed!

Anthony isn't really trying to move much. He can roll from back to front, but has only done it a couple of times. He's not crazy about being on his tummy unless he's sleeping. He does really like to stand and bounce, either in our laps or in the exersaucer.

This is such a fun stage! (though really, I think that about almost every stage )

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#130 of 1064 Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 PM

i was originally in the march ddc, but dd decided that she wanted to be a feb baby, so here we are!

she's a dream baby. sleeps well, naps well, and is generally cheerful while she's awake. rarely cries, and is very easy to figure out so she typically calms down within moments to her usual giggly self.

developmentally, she's rolled from belly to back a few times, loves to stand up, and can sit unassisted for a few moments. she's also starting to get really shy and give "kisses". drools everywhere. everything goes to the mouth.

she also thinks she's hilarious. she will just lay there and laugh at absolutely nothing. thinks mommy is the funniest thing in the whole world
when she figured out how to do raspberries a few weeks ago, she made the connection that by doing them, others would laugh, so would do them, look to make sure you were smiling, laugh with you and do them again. absolutely warmed my heart to see her little brain functioning that way.

me personally, i'm not doing too bad. the fatigue of almost 5 months of interrupted sleep is beginning to set in, but i know that many mamas have it far worse than i. my hair is falling out at an alarming rate, i just finished af for the second time, and i miss my pregnant body, mostly because my belly didn't look like a deflated balloon. i'm contemplating tattooing a bowl of green jello on my stomach at this point . i've been getting back into my pre-preg workout routine but this weight is not going anywhere. most importantly though, i feel strong again, which is a good thing!

doing the deed. sigh. in the past year, i have only dtd once, and it was with my estranged husband, while i was still pregnant, more than 6 months ago. this makes me sad for a myriad of (obvious) reasons.

i'm wondering, when one waits so long to dtd postpartum, is it still as uncomfortable as it would be closer to the birth? hopefully this isn't too uav, but i have a, ahem, prospect and would like to know what to expect so that if things go well, i can at least prep him a little bit.

also, another very personal question - has the appearance/sensation of your lady parts been altered by your birth?

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#131 of 1064 Old 07-06-2009, 02:01 PM

Hey everyone! Glad to hear all the updates!

DS is doing well. He can sit like a pro now, which makes going out to eat a lot nicer as we can put him in a high chair. He's not crawling yet, but is pulling his knees under him and definitely *wants* to go places. He get's frustrated when he can't. He also seems very ready for solids (less than 2 weeks to go!), he reaches for my plate and get's frustrated when I don't share. He also hugs me all the time - when he get's excited or when I first pick him up he just clings on and squeezes while pressing his face into me. It really melts my heart. He is pretty social and doesn't get too upset when other's hold him - unless he's sleepy or hungry then all he wants is me.

DH and I had our first date since before DS was born last night!! My mom is visiting so she watched him while we went out for dinner. It was so nice. I wish we had family in town so we could do that more often.

Re pregnancy envy - Um.. Me . I am so excited about the next one. We are going to wait until probably March to start ttc again.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#132 of 1064 Old 07-06-2009, 03:37 PM

Is anyone else's baby completely uninterested in sitting? He's doing great at rolling, loves to stand up holding onto my thumbs, wants to crawl, etc... But when I try to prop him up sitting, the second I let go he dives forwards, then kicks his legs out so he's on his tummy again. I thought sitting was supposed to come after rolling over but before any of the other physical things?
#133 of 1064 Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 AM

Maia's not terribly interested in sitting yet, but I find that the less I try to "teach" her to sit, the more likely she is to do it. For example right now she's sitting in my lap and grabbing at my hands while I type, and although that means she's lunging forward, she's also balancing herself and keeping her spine straight while doing so -- but a few minutes ago I was trying to get her to sit up on the couch with me to look at a book and she wanted NOTHING to do with that, kept flopping forward and kicking out her legs like you describe your DS doing.

She's also very interested in trying to crawl and can propel herself forward when on her belly. It's so funny because I'll very often find myself saying, "How did you even get all the way over there?!" after she squirms around for a bit and ends up on the total opposite side of her blanket from where we laid her.

Sleep is really weird lately. In the last ten days she's slept through the night twice, but on almost every other night she's woken up a lot and decided to stay awake for two hours for no apparent reason - like right now :P She's super talkative, active, and happy during these two hours, but I'm not particularly thrilled to be awake myself!
#134 of 1064 Old 07-07-2009, 04:39 AM

My DS isn't even rolling yet, let alone trying to sit. Our ped. says bigger babies sometimes take longer to get moving because they have a lot of weight to move around. Lucius is over 20 lbs. already.
#135 of 1064 Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 AM

monkaha, my litte one gives me kisses too!!! DH didn't believe me until one morning, DS did it to him! It's wet and slobbery but I love it!!

eewieew, hello! I have to keep reminding mself that DS really is a mellow baby. He does get bored easily. And I have to limit my caffiene intact to every couple of days. It really affects his sleep.

He enjoys sitting - more so if he can sit on my lap or DH's lap. He's rolled over a few times but still not consistently. He is definately teething. His favorite items to teethe are fingers, diaper and Sophie. He doesn't lke any of the other toys I got him.
#136 of 1064 Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM

So willa does not really sit yet--she also flies fwd. She does likw to roll everywhere and can roll clear across the room. She rolls with purpose . She is also working on her 3rd and 4th tooth which prompted me to buy a teething necklace today. We will see how that works out. I am really enjoyong being home with her (and ds) but will need to find something part-time when school starts back for ds.

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#137 of 1064 Old 07-24-2009, 04:50 PM

How are all the February babies doing?

My little guy decided to learn to sit all of a sudden a couple weeks ago (it really did seem like it was overnight). Still completely incapable of moving himself, though he's really cute when he tries to "inchworm" forward, burying his head on the ground and trying to push with his legs. Has just learned to grab moving objects as they swing past over his head. Just starting to get separation anxiety - strangers sometimes scare him now. A pity, since his great grandparents are coming to visit soon. And he seems more whiny and needy the past few days - I'm wondering if maybe a tooth is coming? Or if it's just a developmental stage...
#138 of 1064 Old 07-24-2009, 04:58 PM

Makenna will be 6 mos on Wednesday! She can sit for a few minutes at a time but still eventually topples over. I think she might be getting her first tooth. I feel a teeny bit of something in there but can't see anything. Not that it's easy to get a clear look in a baby's mouth. We're starting solid food this weekend. Sweet potato. I'm excited. :-) Oh and she's found her feet. She's always grabbing them and they've made it in her mouth a couple times. LOL. She loves to drink from a cup and grabs at our cups when she sees us drinking but she usually forgets to close her mouth so it dribbles back out.

Makenna has a some stranger anxiety and some people she doesn't mind. We visited with DH's whole family this weekend and she really didn't want her grandma to hold her. I felt bad. I think I'm finally ready to start leaving her with a sitter here and there so DH and I can have some nights out but I'm super nervous about how it will go. I think we're going to have our neighbor in the house attached to ours watch her so hopefully she can spend a good amount of time with her before we leave her.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#139 of 1064 Old 07-25-2009, 04:58 AM

I'm so glad this is still here. I am always thinking of the other February Mamas and wondering how their babies are fairing.

We are doing well. Clara (2/8/09) is a little smiley butterball who laughs and giggles and shows her dimples often. She's cuddly, loves her mama and daddy, and is everything that I ever dreamed of in a baby.

She's been rolling all over the floor, shoving everything she can get her hands on into her mouth (I am constantly struggling to find safe items for chewing on--I do not permit her to chew on the edge of the carpet that she managed to flip up today!), and drooling constantly.

I finally got my washer and dryer (we moved), and I took the plunge and started CDing! Yay! I finally understand the CD love and the stash pictures from pregnancy days. It's so addictive! We are doing mostly prefolds (cloth-eeze) and covers (as economical as we can get right now), but I hope to add other things that people recommend as we go. Too fun!

Right now, though, I am finally wondering if I need to get more serious with No Cry Sleep Solutions stuff and try to help all of us sleep better at night (and her during the day). In side car-ing and co-sleeping, we are digressing in getting LESS sleep than we were at 2 months! She no longer goes 5-6 hours in a stretch and the last few hours of the night, I feel like I am constantly sticking my breast in her mouth just so I can have a few more minutes of sleep instead of working with whatever real issues are at hand. She is also not falling asleep well at night (despite trying hard to create a night routine) and even naps fitfully during the day (even when I can tell she's tired). I do live in Alaska, and there is a lot more light around in the evenings and early mornings, but that didn't seem to really bother her until recently, so I don't know. I'll ask around in night time parenting, but are any of you other mamas experiencing this? Is this a developmental thing I should be taking in stride? Should I just expect her to grow out of this? Is it time to start solids?

Sorry to complain. Things are really okay here. I love being a mama and really actually have learned to function pretty well on inturupted sleep. I realized that I haven't slept longer than 5 hours since February 5 (mostly less)--it's pretty amazing! If I ever got a full night's sleep--I would feel like Wonder Woman.

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#140 of 1064 Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

I think the bad sleeping is a phase. Really. That was me last week. And now, the last couple nights, I've slept long enough and well enough that I've been dreaming. (knock wood, lest I jinx it!)

Anthony has not been napping much though. Little catnaps, less than half an hour.

#141 of 1064 Old 07-25-2009, 11:49 AM

I think the bad sleeping is just a phase--and we are moving out of it currently! Willa still does the cluster nursing in the am for the 2 hours or so before we get out of bed but other than that is only waking once to nurse during the night! SO, she goes down pretty easily at 8-8:30 then wakes usually somewhere between 2-3 and then is up again about 6 for her cluster nursing until about 8 or so.
We are working on sitting and its getting better. she is starting to out her hands down for balance and can do ok for a minute or two. She is also doing an inchworm/commando crawl that can get her across the room--slowly! Its very exciting. She will be 6 months on Tuesday and we will try some solids sometime this week.
We are also dealing with some stramger stuff though it is not as bad as her brother was!

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#142 of 1064 Old 07-26-2009, 05:00 AM

Maia decided the other day that she wanted to sit up and that was it, she started sitting up. For a few days it seemed like she was constantly falling over, but she only fell over twice yesterday, so, that's nice. It still kinda blows my mind to wake up and see her sitting next to me.

She's also pretty much crawling. Slowly and a bit awkwardly, but she can lift one hand, move it forward, and move a leg forward. It's pretty impressive. Looks like she's just going to bypass the whole "army crawl" thing altogether.

Ever since she learned how to push up on hands and knees, 2 weeks or so ago, we've been having some sleep issues. Most nights she wakes up at some point on her hands & knees and won't go back to sleep for another 1.5-2.5 hours. It's exhausting, especially when paired with the fact that for the last two nights she's decided that going to bed after 11pm instead of before 8pm would be fun.

Can't wait for this crappy sleep phase to pass.
#143 of 1064 Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM

Hi ladies-
I was technically in your DDC, but not too active. Then my little guy decided to be a late January (1/27) baby instead of February, but I thought I could maybe get away with joining you

We've been sleep regressing lately, too. He was STTN, like 8-10 hours, since about 2 months old. I felt like the luckiest mom in the world. Then about 4 weeks ago, he started waking up every 1-3 hours again. Now he's back to sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch, again. So, I'm thinking like some of the rest of you- just a crappy sleep phase.

Our big milestones are sitting up (and then toppling over after about 30 seconds) and constantly rolling over on his belly (and then crying because he still can't figure out how to get back over on his back). I don't think we're even close to crawling, yet. Lincoln's pretty laid back and happy with wherever he is, so I guess he's not too worried about learning to get anywhere else.

Oh, and we tried a little bit of banana the other day. He did end up chewing it up and swallowing it, but he made some really disgusted faces, and then didn't really seem interested anymore. So I think we gonna just take it real slow with solids - maybe try a few other things and see if he likes them any better, and if not, just wait a while longer.

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#144 of 1064 Old 07-26-2009, 02:39 PM

I don't think my guy is close to crawling either. He really wishes he was, but I don't think his arms are strong enough. He loves practicing standing holding onto things and doing deep knee bends, so his legs are really strong but his arms haven't caught up yet. I feel sorry for him though, because he really wants to move!

Does anyone's baby make sounds that are remotely like English yet? I kind of thought babies were supposed to babble, like mamamama and babababa kind of sounds, but so far mine only squeals and croaks.

We had a few weeks where he was very difficult to put to bed, screaming for no apparent reason, but sleep seems to have gotten a bit better lately.
#145 of 1064 Old 07-26-2009, 02:48 PM

The only babbling sounds we've heard so far are ah-ah-ahhhhhhh and mm-mm-mmmmmmm, and sometimes he'll combine them to make ahhhhhh-mah, ahhhhh-mah (the first time he did that one, it was so close to mama it almost made me cry ). But mostly he just screeches loudly and does raspberries.

My baby's got stronger legs than arms, too. He loves standing (with help), but can't even lay on his belly and hold his torso up with his arms yet.

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#146 of 1064 Old 07-26-2009, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

I just remembered that each of my big kids went thru a phase of poor sleep and extra nursing right before a developmental leap. Rolling, crawling, talking, walking, all preceeded by round the clock nursing.

#147 of 1064 Old 07-26-2009, 05:29 PM

Is anyone else's baby late on the rolling over?? Mine has rolled tummy to back a few times but nothing lately and no back to tummy. No interest really. She rolls to her side but doesn't try to go further. She gets plenty of opportunity.

Today is a big day for us. Makenna just had her first solid food. Sweet potato. I'd say she liked it. She ate a good amount, kept opening her mouth for it and was very smiley. For those that offer water afterwards - do you use a cup, sippy cup or bottle? In addition to getting solid food today Makenna is going to sleep in her crib in her own room for the first time tonight. I'm not sure I'm ready but we'll see. She's been in the pack and play and she's going to outgrow that soon when she starts pulling up so either she goes to her own room or we move the crib in our room. DH is eager to reclaim the bedroom as our own even though he loves having her near.

Cindy

#148 of 1064 Old 07-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Esmé isn't in a big hurry to be mobile either. She's starting to sit up over the last few days, and can roll when she wants. She's not on the floor a lot, so that might have something to do with it. She LOVES standing of any kind. And she's still sleeping great ... which I hope continues, from what I hear from the rest of you. She'll be six months on the 31st!
She started swim lessons last week, and went under quite happily. She loves the water! We just spent the day at the dyke baseball tournament here, where she was the belle of the ball. She's conked out now, napping.
As for solids, she's been eating them for a couple of weeks now. Sweet potato, avocado, mashed blueberries, and yogurt for the first time today! She loves food, and is still happy at the boob ... which is great. I'm a low supply mama, so we're aiming to boost her weight with solids. Here's hoping!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#149 of 1064 Old 07-27-2009, 01:22 AM

Delia has learned to sit and can do so for several minutes. I think she's on the verge of crawling because she can push herself up off the floor with her arms belly and all. She can get her legs under her but she just can't get it all together yet. She's ready to move. She can scooch backwards on her belly. I left her on the floor and went pee and came back and she had scooched under the couch lol.
Haven't started solids yet waiting for that 6 mo mark. We were going through a crappy sleep phase that is slllllooooowwwwwlllyyy improving. It's been hot here so that has something to do with the crappy sleep. She's still swaddled and I'm unsure of how to break that habit. I've tried doing naps "free" and she only catnaps and then she ends up way overtired by the end of the day. I'm hoping she gets more sleep 'maturity' as dr. sears calls it soon.
I've been back at work for 4hrs a week for 2 weeks now. It's nice to get out. Delia still won't really take a bottle though so it's usually kind of stressful for dh. We need the money though.
As dd gets more smiley and interactive I feel like I'm falling more in love with her. We're definitely 'attached'.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#150 of 1064 Old 07-27-2009, 01:30 AM

Hi! I wasn't on mdc when I was pregnant (I was on another forum) but would like to join in here if that's OK.

My DD was born Feb 26, so today is her 5 month birthday. She has just started sitting unassisted for a few minutes at a time, and can roll over, mostly back to front, and she pushes herself up with her arms. She loves standing holding onto things and blowing raspberriers. We are thinking about starting food soon as she is reaching for our food now and sitting, but I think I want to wait a little longer until I can just clearly feel that she is ready. She STTN from 3 months until last week, and now she is waking 1-2 times/night, but usually will just nurse back to sleep. I'm wondering if it's the heat that's getting to her, or if she's having a growth spurt, or if she's not eating as much during the day because she is so interested in the world right now, but hope that whatever it is passes before too long. She mostly sleeps in a side-car but sometimes sleeps in our bed.

Regarding an earlier poster's question about DTD and how your parts feel, we just did it for the first time since dd was born, and it went great. I had a lot of anxiety about it around the 6-week mark when I had heard your body is supposed to be ready and I SO did not feel ready. DH didn't pressure me and I'm really glad we waited because I feel so much more healed now. I had a 2nd-degree tear and it definitely still feels different down there but dtd was actually enjoyable, which I had been worried about.

Thanks everybody else for sharing!

Mama to my sweet pea:, can't believe how fast she's growing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page