February 09 mamas-a new home here? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1064 Old 09-06-2009, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I may be crazy but I think DD said her first word last night! Kitty! And she copied us by saying dada...now she is constantly babbling dada and baba. I think she also said Lulu...our cat's name. It's like a switch flipped on all the sudden. She's said kitty at least 4 or 5 times now in the past day - all when the cats come over. :-) So cool! Or maybe I am imagining it. LOL.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#242 of 1064 Old 09-06-2009, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wow! Impressive! I was pretty happy the other day when my little guy started babbling mamamamama.... And I'm sure he hasn't got any meaning associated.
#243 of 1064 Old 09-07-2009, 07:19 PM

Owyn is definitely starting associate the word Mama with me. She says it when she wants me. She says it if I'm across the room from her and she's looking at me. She says it when someone else is holding her and she is getting sleepy. And she'll really sweetly say it and bury her head into my shoulder. It's the sweetest thing. Sometimes is Mum-mum, which I think is even cuter.

She also has a name for my nephew who is here 5 days a week. She says Bruh over and over when he's around. His name is Brodie. I may just be crazy, like you Cindy. It seems so early, but from where I'm at it totally seems like she know that Brodie is Bruh and I am Mama.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#244 of 1064 Old 09-07-2009, 10:19 PM

Maia's getting her first tooth in and she's dealing with it REALLY, REALLY well. We've had to give her baby motrin three or four times over the past four days and, other than some serious drooling and a few coughs, that's been about it. No excessive fussiness or whatnot.

She's also thisclose to walking. She's been standing for weeks, holding on to the couch for balance, and in the past two days has begun standing on her own. She cruises along while holding onto the couch / tables / chairs / anything at all, and she's trying to move her feet without holding onto things too. She'll be 7mo on the 13th... looks like I am going to have an early walker!

Solids are going pretty well, but they're really just still for fun. She LOVES peaches, broccoli, quinoa, corn on the cob, and tomato sauce. We haven't tried letting her drink out of a sippy cup or anything yet, but we might, since we were hanging out with an 8mo the other day who was drinking out of one and Maia was really interested.

I LOVE this age. She has so crazy much personality.
#245 of 1064 Old 09-09-2009, 04:12 PM

So, I got offered that job. They wanted to pay me less than $9/hr. I turned it down. I could barely afford daycare with that kind of pay. What gets me is that this is one of those agencies that works to get and keep people out of poverty, yet they won't pay me enough to keep me out of poverty.

Oh well, back to concentrating on my home daycare. DH and I have a plan for fixing up the basement so I can get down there with the kiddos. Hopefully, once it's through, we'll only be in my main living area for naps. My upstairs just isn't set up for daycare. I need a nice big playroom, which is what the basement will be.

Owyn is doing well. Her 6 month check up is coming up. We started a couple of vaxes at her 4 month, so she'll be getting another shot. We're not looking forward to it. She's also trying to get a top tooth. I'm really excited to see what she looks like with her teeth. I miss that toothless grin, but I love seeing her turn into a little girl.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#246 of 1064 Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Hi everyone! It's been kind of a long time since I posted on this thread! I didn't know you guys were still posting . . . life has been kind of crazy and I get very scatter-brained. Anyway . . .

Eliza is doing great! She is 6.5 months old. She has been saying words for a month, and she definitely knows what they mean-- num-num for eating and mama when she wants me. She has also tried to say dada for DH but she can't quite figure it out yet. She is crawling everywhere and now trying to pull up on furniture-- with varying results. This sometimes involves tumbles and tears, poor precious. She is still large, with the hugest butt-- I love it! She has a well baby checkup next week, no vaxes for us but our doctor is great. She is still exclusively breastfeeding, too. I am just sooo in love with her! It's so nice not to be pregnant anymore. Not to be up all night with a newborn anymore. I am so much happier! :

So I'm catching up, and it's nice to read about how everyone else is doing . . . :

P.S. I have a photo album in my profile! Click on my username, then from the drop down menu select my profile, then the photo album is in the lower right hand corner of that page.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#247 of 1064 Old 09-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Mal: I'm so sorry about the job. How frustrating about the pay. Really, how do they expect to hire and keep qualified individuals with that pay? No one can afford to work there! (especially with kids!) It sounds like you are putting good energy into your day care though. I know that you must be disappointed but at least you will be with you lo during the day while earning an income!

Fiona seems to be having a really hard time napping lately. I just took her for a walk in the stroller so she's asleep in it now in the garage but i can't do that when I have day care kids here. It has really been hard. She's been grumpy, I've been grumpy... I keep thinking she will adjust to the kids being here but I don't know. She's also super busy these days which I think is part of it. She's trying to crawl, just mastered sitting on her own, and working on her 5th tooth. I guess i would have a hard time settling down with all that going on in my life too. I just have to keep telling myself, "this will pass!" I'm sooo open to ideas to help her nap though! I miss being able to quietly nurse her to sleep. These days that only works about 1/2 the time. sigh...

: We're back to BLW but pretty relaxed about a feeding schedule. In general she eats dinner with us and maybe some breakfast in the mornings on the weekends. I'm not ready to feed her with the distraction of all the other kids here yet. She's pretty mellow about it all and doesn't seem to mind or notice skipping "dinner". She's nursing up a storm though!

Hope you are all well!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#248 of 1064 Old 09-09-2009, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Mal ... how disappointing! What hypocrites. I'm sorry ... I know you really wanted it to work out.

As for us ... we're all about food right now. I've been a low supply bf mama since day one and have used a LA SNS this whole time, to keep Esmé at the breast. But I think our time with the SNS is done. Esmé is a master at drinking from a cup, and the bags for the LA are costly, and she is eating tonnes of solids. I'm also on 160mg of domperidone daily, which is resulting in some side effects, such as headaches and weight gain. I think I need to wean off of it too. This will likely make my supply tank, so we'll have to see how much more supplement Esmé will need.
I'm grieving the breastfeeding relationship that I always dreamed of, but it just isn't meant to be. We've made it this far with her exclusively at the breast, and now that she's drinking from a cup, I think this is my signal to let myself go off the drugs. Sigh. This isn't how I wanted it to be, but I'm thankful for what we did have, and what we do have. I'm hoping I'll still make enough to keep her at the breast as long as she wants to be there, even just for comfort. We've had no paci's and no bottles, so maybe there is hope.

I think I just need a hug, if anyone is offering them?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#249 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 AM

Big hug to you Starling!! I'm still on 160 mg of dom too and I use the LA for 2 feeds/day. We do bottles for the rest bc it stresses me out w/her popping on and off. I plan on sticking with the dom until the 1 yr mark or thereabouts and then I want off the 28 pills/day I take (dom, fenugreek, vitamins, dha, lecithin so I don't get plugged ducts,etc). I plan to still nurse if she wants beyond 1 yr but it'll just be comfort too, I imagine. You've kepy Esme at the breast exclusively...I doubt she'll want to give up nursing, even if your supply decreases. You should feel proud...you've made it the better part of a year already! We've come so far! Even if you stopped nursing now, you've made it further than soooo many moms with no problems do! Sorry you're having side effects. I've been lucky to not really have any other than I think it effects the ol' sex drive! I want to extended nurse if that's what dd wants, but I am looking forward to hopefully having my body to myself for a little while before TTC again. Dunno if it will work out that way. It will be nice to not worry about my supply and pill taking once I hit 1 yr though.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#250 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 AM

BIG BIG s to Starling *and* Cindy!!! You should both be so proud of yourselves! I'm very impressed with the effort you have both put into breastfeeding.

Mal - big for you too, I'm sorry the job didn't work out. I've had that happen to me before (a job inteview I prepared really hard for, and it turned out to have such a crappy pay and not be worth it). It really sucks

I can't believe all the things some of your babies are doing! Royce is 7.5 months, but he isn't doing near the things as others are here! He was born 4 weeks early (I was 36 weeks) so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe that has delayed him a bit. He has been sitting upright on his own for almost 3 months now, but hasn't taken the next step to lean forward onto hands and knees, and definitely isn't crawling in any way. I'm sort of worried now.. And he is definitely not talking yet!

Is anyone else's baby *not* crawling/standing/walking/talking??

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#251 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Owyn is 6 months and isn't sitting on her own yet. She will for a few seconds. I fully believe she can balance, but gets too excited (she's always excited!) and just lunges for things. I still sit her up on the floor, we have carpet in one room. When she lunges forward, she just ends up going flat on her belly (where she prefers to be anyway) and doesn't hurt herself, so I just let her thinking one day she'll get the hang of it.

She isn't crawling or pulling up either. She swims across the floor, that's what it looks like anyway!

ETA: Thanks for all the hugs and support. I'm bummed because I feel like I had a lot to offer to that job and was excited about helping people in my community. I fully believe things happen for a reason, though and I must be where I was meant to be... at home with my daughter.

#252 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
ds is 6.5 months now and he's not crawling, standing, walking, talking or anything like that. He seems like he's on the verge of crawling but I've been saying that for weeks and he still just pushes up onto his arms and kicks his legs but can't seem to coordinate it all together yet. He scootches forwards or backwards a tiny bit. I'm also amazed at some of the things your lo's are all doing!

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#253 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
Mal
I'm grieving the breastfeeding relationship that I always dreamed off, but it just isn't meant to be. We've made it this far with her exclusively at the breast, and now that she's drinking from a cup, I think this is my signal to let myself go off the drugs. Sigh. This isn't how I wanted it to be, but I'm thankful for what we did have, and what we do have. I'm hoping I'll still make enough to keep her at the breast as long as she wants to be there, even just for comfort. We've had no paci's and no bottles, so maybe there is hope.

I think I just need a hug, if anyone is offering them?
Here's a hug. I was also struggling with low supply and abandoned the dom, SNS, pump, etc, etc, etc. at 5 months, dried up overnight, she abandoned the breast just as fast, and she is drinking the last of the donated breast milk. You did a great job. Not many people will ever understand how emotionally and physically hard it is to not be able to nurse, and that's the most frustrating thing. When I see others nursing I always find myself sobbing. Here's hoping your DD stays interested in the boob. (My DD was born on 15 February and I lurk here because I have nothing interesting to say, usually....)
#254 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedheadmaestro View Post
You did a great job. Not many people will ever understand how emotionally and physically hard it is to not be able to nurse, and that's the most frustrating thing. When I see others nursing I always find myself sobbing.
I can't imagine! Big hugs to all of you who are struggling with this! starling, you did great! I'm so sorry it didn't work out the way you would have liked. Your perseverance is inspirational.

Mal, I'm sorry the job didn't work out.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#255 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedheadmaestro View Post
Here's a hug. I was also struggling with low supply and abandoned the dom, SNS, pump, etc, etc, etc. at 5 months, dried up overnight, she abandoned the breast just as fast, and she is drinking the last of the donated breast milk. You did a great job. Not many people will ever understand how emotionally and physically hard it is to not be able to nurse, and that's the most frustrating thing. When I see others nursing I always find myself sobbing. Here's hoping your DD stays interested in the boob. (My DD was born on 15 February and I lurk here because I have nothing interesting to say, usually....)
Here's a hug back at you ...
It is so hard. And we are so hard on ourselves. We'd all do best to be a little more gentle with ourselves. Thanks for the hug, mama!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#256 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Big hug to you Starling!! I'm still on 160 mg of dom too and I use the LA for 2 feeds/day. We do bottles for the rest bc it stresses me out w/her popping on and off. I plan on sticking with the dom until the 1 yr mark or thereabouts and then I want off the 28 pills/day I take (dom, fenugreek, vitamins, dha, lecithin so I don't get plugged ducts,etc). I plan to still nurse if she wants beyond 1 yr but it'll just be comfort too, I imagine. You've kepy Esme at the breast exclusively...I doubt she'll want to give up nursing, even if your supply decreases. You should feel proud...you've made it the better part of a year already! We've come so far! Even if you stopped nursing now, you've made it further than soooo many moms with no problems do! Sorry you're having side effects. I've been lucky to not really have any other than I think it effects the ol' sex drive! I want to extended nurse if that's what dd wants, but I am looking forward to hopefully having my body to myself for a little while before TTC again. Dunno if it will work out that way. It will be nice to not worry about my supply and pill taking once I hit 1 yr though.

Cindy
Big hug to you too, Cindy! We've come a loooooong way, mama!
Hearing that someone else is going to stick out the 160mg of dom for the whole year renews my determination a bit. I've scaled down to 120mg ... we'll see if my supply keeps up!

#257 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Hugs to all the mama's who struggled/are struggling with low supply.

Mal so sorry your job didn't work out but like you said there is a reason.

Gillian, Delia is scootching and sitting but no crawling, walking, talking or standing. She also sleeps like crap if that makes you feel better too lol.

The sleep deprivation is getting to me. She woke up every hour last night! I'm getting so short with my son because of it. This weekend I am going to bed as usual and the first time she wakes to nurse I will nurse her. Then I am waking dh and moving to the spare bedroom with my earplugs. If she starts hollering and he can't settle her I will go back in but I am at the end of my rope here. 7 months of sleep deprivation is too much! She's teething up a storm but the ibuprofen and teething tabs only last so long and if I try to give her a second dose then she is wide awake and screaming and takes 2 hrs to get back down.
We've always wanted 3 kids but lately dh has been talking about stopping at 2 he says he doesn't know if he wants to do this part again. I'm torn, I love our daytime life and resent/dread our nighttime life.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#258 of 1064 Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Big hugs to you mamas struggling with low supply! What lucky babies to have moms that have worked so hard to provide breast milk. Be gentle with yourselves if you stop before you'd originally intended. Just think how very much good breastmilk they got before you stopped. ((hugs)) again.

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#259 of 1064 Old 09-11-2009, 02:26 PM

Hey, mamas

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, but things are crazy here, it seems, but in a good way. I haven't read the older posts, but to everyone having sleep, nursing, and job problems.

We've been really lucky for the most part, and I'm grateful.

Eowyn's been saying "mama" for a little while, but still not sitting unassisted for long yet. She's a big baby though, so I'm not worried. We haven't really done much in the way of solids yet, aside from a bite of mashed-up pears (which she did not like), and a teething biscuit on occasion (which she does like). I'm in no rush though, and waiting until she can sit unassisted to start introducing more.

She's just a super laid back, happy baby. I'm so grateful, especially since Guinevere was really challenging as a baby. She's such a precious helper with Eowyn, and they make each other laugh all the time.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#260 of 1064 Old 09-11-2009, 09:49 PM

We took Maia to her first playgroup at an Ontario Early Years Centre today. When we arrived, I set her down on the floor and she immediately started playing with toys, greeting the other babies, and exploring her surroundings. NOT ONCE did she turn around and look for me or her daddy. She seemed to know we were nearby if she needed us, and seemed perfectly content to amuse herself.

Every other mom there hovered over her baby, and it made me feel a little strange, like I was the weird one out for sitting in a chair and just observing. I'd go over to her if she was trying to "steal" another baby's toy (I know they have no concept of possession right now and honestly I don't care if babies exchange toys, but I didn't want other parents judging...), or if it looked like she was about to climb onto something that she might fall from. Mostly, though, I just watched, and I felt SO PROUD of her. At the same time I felt sad -- she is so independent!
#261 of 1064 Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hugs to everyone that needs them!

Not a lot of crawling/walking/talking around here either! Katmai's 7 months now, and been able to sit well for about a month. He's also been getting onto his hands and knees for a month. I keep thinking he's on the verge of crawling, but he hasn't progressed beyond the pivoting and the unintentional backwards slide. And he can pull himself up to a stand if he's sitting in a box or something, but is nowhere close to cruising/walking. As for words - still just mummumum and babababa, with no meaning whatsoever. I think that's all still within the normal ranges though (I hope).
#262 of 1064 Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I can't believe all the things some of your babies are doing! Royce is 7.5 months, but he isn't doing near the things as others are here! He was born 4 weeks early (I was 36 weeks) so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe that has delayed him a bit. He has been sitting upright on his own for almost 3 months now, but hasn't taken the next step to lean forward onto hands and knees, and definitely isn't crawling in any way. I'm sort of worried now.. And he is definitely not talking yet!

Ramsey is 7 months tomorrow, but he only started to sit last month. He's not crawling, pulling up or talking. I'm not worried at all, I think he's completely normal. I wouldn't think Royce is delayed at all, he's right on track!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#263 of 1064 Old 09-17-2009, 11:28 PM

Big hugs to those mamas with supply issues- what an amazing job you've done, feel proud of yourselves!

Ramsey's doing great! I haven't been here forever- he has 2 teeth, he's sitting up and trying to get mobile. Nursing at night- he can be restless at night too. We started playing with solids- I do self-feeding with them- but even though he's keen, he has a strong gag reflex still and hasn't figured out the whole 'eating' what's in his mouth. I find this hilarious as everything he does could be interepreted as 'he's hungry! he's ready for food!' yet when he puts something in his mouth with the intention of eating it, it's totally different than anything else he puts in his mouth. We've tried avacado, banana, apple, peach, bean. Honestly, though, I hate the extra cleanup!

He's a very funny guy. Very expressive, very verbal. He's always 'blowing bubbles', making raspberries, sticking his tongue out and blowing etc. He gets spit in the back of his throat and gargles loudly. He makes this awesome growling noise all the time. He also shrieks, screams, gargly-throat screams and yells a lot. And laughs. A smile for everyone, a laugh for anyone, even when he's crying or very frusterated. Last night I was getting groceries at 9:00pm and he was with me, tired. By the time we left I had all the clerks and staff around the cart laughing at him growling and shrieking while I checked out- he was extra expressive because he was exhausted! But still smiling!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#264 of 1064 Old 09-18-2009, 01:00 AM

Makenna is not into eating these days! She was happily eating what I fed her and now she will hardly even eat the things I know she previously liked. No biggy. I try twice/day and don't push it. I guess she's not ready or just doesn't care right now. When I give her foods to explore herself they almost never even make it to her mouth...so that tells me she's not that into it.

She's scooting backwards and going in circles on her tummy. She's also ending up on her tummy a lot from sitting. I think crawling will be coming soon. Looking forward to seeing it but not to the inability to leave her on a blanket and walk away, knowing she'll be where I left her.

Cindy

#265 of 1064 Old 09-18-2009, 01:44 AM

Esmé is a little foodie ... tonight she had fresh, local blueberries, along with organic chicken mixed with dill and yogurt. Lucky girl! She also has been turning her nose up at stuff she was eager about before, so we've just switched things up a bit.
She went to storytime at the library today with her baba (this is what we're calling my DP) while I went to the gym ... hallelujah! Self-care!
Esmé is going to her first political rally tomorrow as my paramedic union is on strike and has been since April and we're trying to get the bargaining back on while still doing essential service levels. I have a feeling that Esmé won't like the noise, so we might not last long. She's very sensitive about noise and atmosphere. We were at playgroup on Monday and she was the most timid one there, which is fine by me. I'm no social butterfly either. Which is why I try to get us out to these things (which I do NOT enjoy!!!) so that she can be socialized and get comfortable in group situations.
We're getting ready to move (AGAIN) in two weeks, so the house is upside down ... can't wait to be finally settled. We've been on the move since she was born (selling, moving towns, looking, buying, changing our minds, listing, selling, looking, buying and moving again.) All hail stability!

#266 of 1064 Old 09-18-2009, 02:03 AM

Oh my Starling - you bough and are already selling and moving again? My hat goes off to you! We moved when DD was 3 mos and it was a pain but worth it. Couldn't imagine doing it again any time soon though! Good for you for getting out to playgroups. I so look forward to them - it's my only social interaction these days and I sooo need it! I'm about to join my 3rd mom's group. And yay for the gym. I just started running with DD in the stroller this week. I hate running but she doesn't do well at the gym daycare and we have a jogging stroller...so. Anyway, feels good!

#267 of 1064 Old 09-18-2009, 09:09 AM

Owyn is getting on her hands and knees and rocking now. She started doing it the other day and now wants to do it all the time. She is definitely going to be crawling soon. She can sometimes scoot her knees forward without face-planting, but can't quite coordinate the whole thing yet. She thinks she's quite funny when she lunges forward and smashes her face into the floor.

I haven't been able to leave her on a blanket in quite some time. She rolls all over the place and scoots everywhere. Her favorite place to be is under our coffee table. It's like her own little fort down there. She also likes to scoot about halfway under the couch. She's a funny little girl.

#268 of 1064 Old 09-18-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
He's a very funny guy. Very expressive, very verbal. He's always 'blowing bubbles', making raspberries, sticking his tongue out and blowing etc. He gets spit in the back of his throat and gargles loudly. He makes this awesome growling noise all the time. He also shrieks, screams, gargly-throat screams and yells a lot. And laughs. A smile for everyone, a laugh for anyone, even when he's crying or very frusterated. Last night I was getting groceries at 9:00pm and he was with me, tired. By the time we left I had all the clerks and staff around the cart laughing at him growling and shrieking while I checked out- he was extra expressive because he was exhausted! But still smiling!
Awww, what a great personality!!! Lol! My little guys were both pretty loud, with the shrieking and all, but Eliza is so quiet in comparison! Every once in a long while she lets out a sharp chortle and it nearly makes me jump because it's so unexpected! Most of the time she looks around the room quietly, taking it all in, with such a snobby, aloof, darling little expression, like she's just so above all of this-- with her little eyebrows raised just a bit. Then she laughs, which wins you right over. She laughs all the time, what a sense of humor! But she has an unusual laugh, at first DH and I couldn't tell if she was laughing or getting ready to cry. It's hard to explain, it's just different! But the rest of the time, when she's not laughing, it's not easy for most people to get a smile out of her, and she usually has quiet smiles, maybe just one corner of her mouth goes up, not full-face smiles. I wonder if she'll be more of an introvert? It will be interesting to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
We're getting ready to move (AGAIN) in two weeks, so the house is upside down ... can't wait to be finally settled. We've been on the move since she was born (selling, moving towns, looking, buying, changing our minds, listing, selling, looking, buying and moving again.) All hail stability!
Wow, good luck with moving-- I hate moving, too. I hope your new place feels warm and comfy and like home in no time at all!

P.S.

Eliza has been pulling up to standing on everything, and just barely started taking steps while doing this (like, yesterday!) Let the cruising begin! Eeek! Her words repertoire is mama, nuh-nuh (for nursing), dada (that's new!) and she can wave "hi". She can also say baba but I don't think that means anything yet.

#269 of 1064 Old 09-18-2009, 11:02 AM

Hi girls!

It's been a while, but I'm still around and wanted to say hi to everybody. I've been following on and off, and am happy to see how far the little ones have come! It's good to hear what the babies are up to--makes me feel better about Aubrey's progress (and lack thereof) towards so-called "developmental milestones" and whatnot. She's 7 months now, sitting up pretty well but not crawling or sitting herself up. No teeth, no hair, no words, but her dispositions GREATLY improved from the first couple of months. They were rough! She's still small--about 26 inches and 15 lbs., but growing steadily. She's very observant and particular about things, and its so great to see a little personality developing.

I hope everyone else is enjoying the ride!

#270 of 1064 Old 09-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Its really cool to see such a wide range of development! Willa is moving all the time. She is now crawling on hands and knees--as opposed to her army crawl she did for weeks. She pulls up onto her knees but not to standing. Not really saying much but very vocal, if that makes sense! She enjoys eating and seems to prefer things with spice and flavor! LOVES black beans and rice! She is very spcial with family but will nopt give strangers the time of day, but no longer cries when someone makes eye contact with her...yay!
She adores her bog brother and he continues to be great with her. I feel truly lucky.

I have been trying to find some part-time work but there isn't anything that would work for us so I have started sewing and I love it!!! I am trying my hand at some cute appliques for onesies that I hope will bring in a little extra and its work I can do at home while Willa sleeps!

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page