Not an answer to your question, but on same topic. FYI when you eliminate yoiu want to eliminate all cow's milk protein that includes anyting with whey, or casein, or sodium caseinate or anyting ending in caseinate. Lactose, is generally not considered an issue, it's not the protein, as I think was mentioned. Be wary of margarines, many commercial breads, and lots fo things you wouldn't think! I've done this since July, and am getting ready to test him again next month. Just a tip, if you like cream in your coffee, silk creamer is not bad. It's no half & half, but I'd be lost without it. Also, olive oil consumption is way up in my house, as we dip our breads (ooh how trendy!) rather than slather. It really hasn't been too hard. An added bonus, I weigh less now than I did when I started grad school over 10 years ago. I attribute it to cutting out dairy 95% and nursing the other 5%. This didn't happen when I nursed my dd!
Since you're a diary eater--and if you end up doing this long term for your baby--you might want to consider this. Keep eating cheeses etc. made from sheep's milk and goat's milk. This way you're body will not cease to make lactase. Lot's of women who cut out dairy all together find they can't tolerate any when they can/do go back to it.
Hope this helps!