APRIL 2k9 DDC CHAT: Week of August 16th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another small roadtrip today to visit family and swim in a real pool! I hope it goes well. Zack tends to feel : in pool water.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 11:05 AM

Enjoy the trip, Nancy!

Thinking of you today, Shine. I'm glad the shower went well.

We have friends/neighbours from student housing when we lived in Oregon coming to visit this week. They have a six year old, so we're going to do kid-friendly tourist stuff all week- Science world, aquarium, parks, etc. Should be fun!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 08-16-2009, 12:39 PM

Mel, that accident sounded scary. I'm glad the other car didn't hit yours and your family is safe and sound.

AFWife, that is awesome that your husband is getting into the lactivism too. I love that he stood up for the woman who was nursing at his office.

Shine, I'm glad the baby shower went well. I'll be thinking of you as you go through all the funeral stuff.

And Nancy, have fun on your roadtrip! Swimming in a pool sounds fun. Too bad I don't have a swimsuit that fits me these days. Actually, if I did, I think we'd be going to hot springs. I haven't been able to go in the hot springs for over a year because of being pregnant.

I've been having problems relaxing and falling asleep lately. I think it's because LO has been waking so much, I feel like it's almost pointless to go to sleep, since I've had the experience so often lately of going to sleep and getting woken up ten minutes later. I've been working on relaxing but that almost never helps. On Friday night, I had a meltdown and DH took LO out of the bedroom so I could sleep. I woke up six hours later when he brought her back in because she wouldn't take a bottle. I found out later that he'd spent those six hours driving her around in the car so that she and I could both get some sleep--he knows I will wake up immediately if she starts crying anywhere in the house, so he decided he had to get her out of the house. I felt bad that he had to do that, but he was right, I really needed some sleep. LO slept better last night, and so did I. :

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
Old 08-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Mel, that accident sounded scary. I'm glad the other car didn't hit yours and your family is safe and sound.
I SECOND this!!!!

Thanks everyone for thoughts and prayers! I"m hoping N does okay on the 2 hour drive there and back today and tomorrow! We are taking the truck so I can sit in back...gas guzzler but I'd rather have a happy baby!

So I decided not to have P look in the casket. I think she's too young and dones't need that memory. I'm not even sure I"m going to look. I know grams is gone but I also like thinking of her just being in her room and we havn't visited in a while KWIM? Though I know eveyone says you need closure?. hmmmm.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Shine s. I think you should do whatever makes you feel best. I remember when my sister passed it took me awhile to be able to actually walk up to the casket. I needed to do it at my own pace. I remember hearing that one of my aunts (I think) was saying that I had to go up to it and I remember thinking that I was an adult and didn't have to do anything just because someone said so. In the end I am glad that I went up to it and what helped me a lot was that it didn't look like her so much to me so I was and still am able to keep the memory of her with her soul still in her body (sorry if I'm getting too deep here or whatever) and her full of life very fresh in my memory. I agree that its best to not let P go up as she is at a very senstive age and the whole concept might upset her? I'm sure you will do what is best for her as you are a great Mama.

Have a great trip Nancy! We took Cooper in a pool last week and he seemed to like it.
Kristin - what a great DH it sounds like you have!!

I just put Coop down for a nap and am hoping he sleeps for awhile. We are visiting my in laws and the poor little guy has not been taking great naps.

Oh - I have the Ultimate Baby wrap and love it!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 08-16-2009, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We've had an eventful few days. Dd1 scraped her face pretty badly on the side of our neighborhood pool. Dh was freaked out by the experience (he was there, I was home with dd2) to the extent of starting to shut down afterwards. He told me later that when he saw her hit the side (she'd been coming down a waterslide and got sideways), he really thought he'd be taking an unconscious kid out of the water. He was saved, however, by a massive flood in the garage. So at 11 at night, with both girls asleep, we were moving still-packed boxes out of water's reach and trying to figure out where the clog was and whether we could fix it ourselves. Dealing with the flood perked him right up.

We remembered sometime yesterday that we have a home warranty, courtesy of our realtor, so rather than continuing to try to fix it ourselves, we called in the claim today. The plumber had the clog out in nothing flat, so now I can start on the backlog of laundry. Fortunately, we were still able to use the bathrooms; the clog was in the area of the kitchen and laundry lines.

Dd2 is, like many of our babes, not napping well. She's the catnap queen right now, which is frankly not what I need.

Mom of two girls.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:24 AM

wow I've been gone a few days and it sounds like I've missed a bunch and should go read the old thread!

We've been traveling- I took the kids on a tiny little Cessna plane (8 seats! we sat directly behind the pilot and watched everything he did!) from northern NY to Boston, and met DH who had flown in overnight from cali. Then we drove down to the RI coast and went to the wedding, stayed there, tonight we're staying in Providence, tomorrow we head to the Berkshires (Mass) and then finally back to northern ny for another week and a few days.

The kids have been overall pretty great. Its a lot for them and they are holding up well. Baby is charming everyone with her smiles and constant talking/cooing/squeaking. DS is charming some people, and getting on peoples' nerves too (especially some people) as he is an active, inquisitive, creative, and meddlesome little fellow who is a bit short on impulse control. Oh well, baby makes me look like such a good mum, DS has plenty of moments which call that into question.

dissertating mom to three

Old 08-17-2009, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

I dunked zack under water with me. It was awesome. I'll try to link to a video as soon as I upload it. he also nearly floated on his back, in a very relaxed state. I wish I had a big pool here. I'm certain he would be swimming before walking.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Last week before school starts, I have got so much to do. And did I mention that we still haven't meet Madeline's teacher? : I've been trying to for a month now, she takes a week to call me back every time I call. I know she is busy getting ready for next week, but Madeline has an anxiety disorder, I've explained all this to her a while back, Madeline is freaking out about going to 1st grade to begin with, she really needs to see where she is going to be all day and meet her teacher. The teacher has managed to meet with one of our therapists, but not us. Glah. This is why we are forking over the big bucks for a private school to begin with!

And her language therapist who meet with her told me that she wasn't able to convey to the teacher just how severe Madeline's dyslexia is. We were wanting the teacher to watch a session so she can understand, the teacher can not do any reading instruction with Madeline because it can interfere with the therapy, she needs to know exactly why. This was all cleared with the principal months ago but this teacher was a last minute hire over the summer due to school restructuring.

Ok not related to LWAB at all, but that is what I'm crazed running around this week, doing all school related, physicals, trying to cram as many therapy sessions as possible, and on and on. And then after me wanting to take a mini-vacation all summer, DH finally popped up last night and said he wanted to go away this week. laughup Yeah, buddy, that is funny.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Kristin - what a great DH it sounds like you have!!
Yeah, he pretty much rocks.

claras_mom, glad your DD wasn't hurt too badly and that your plumbing issues got taken care of quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
The kids have been overall pretty great. Its a lot for them and they are holding up well. Baby is charming everyone with her smiles and constant talking/cooing/squeaking. DS is charming some people, and getting on peoples' nerves too (especially some people) as he is an active, inquisitive, creative, and meddlesome little fellow who is a bit short on impulse control. Oh well, baby makes me look like such a good mum, DS has plenty of moments which call that into question.
I've been noticing that the more time I spend around little kids, the less I tend to judge how good a parent someone is by how their kids act. Kids have their own personalities and developmental stages, and it's interesting to see how they sometimes just are the way they are, and parenting doesn't have as much of an all-determining impact as we might like to think. Which is just to say that as I'm sure you already know, your DS's moments of poor impulse control don't mean you aren't an awesome mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Ok not related to LWAB at all, but that is what I'm crazed running around this week, doing all school related, physicals, trying to cram as many therapy sessions as possible, and on and on. And then after me wanting to take a mini-vacation all summer, DH finally popped up last night and said he wanted to go away this week. laughup Yeah, buddy, that is funny.
Good luck getting everything taken care of! Maybe you can remind your DH about this next summer so you get to take a little vacation earlier in the summer.

I find myself spending a lot of time these days doing completely ridiculous things in an effort to get River to laugh. She laughed a lot last night, and all I had to do was make a funny face and tilt my head back and forth while making a strange noise. For some reason, that was absolutely hilarious.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM

One of my kids started middle school Friday... And the other starts her sophmore year tomorrow... And miss K is at dc again. Hopefully it's going well, I am going in about 45 minutes to nurse her.

She is NOT sleeping well during the day or at night either. She was restless until 2:30 this morning, I think it was her teeth, when I finally broke down and gave her tylenol, she slept almost 4 hours.

Shine- s

I hope everyone has a great week!

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
Old 08-17-2009, 01:17 PM

Nancy - Thinking of lil Z in the water, floating, makes me giggle! Must be adorable!!!

Mel - sounds like you have a really fun week coming up!!! ANd Im with everyone on the whole accident thing, thank goodness you guys werent hurt!

Shine - Im glad you had the baby shower and Im REALLY glad everything went well!!

bodhi - Can your DH do that more often? Is there a reason she isnt sleeping that ,much?

Michelle - How long are you at the inlaws? Seems like youve been there a while! How did Cooper do on the traveling?

Claras mom - that happened to us once and I remember how CRAZY things were for a while. You go from "why do I hear a raining sound in the basement?" to pulling out boxes in like 25 seconds. :

emma - I was wondering how your trip was going, sounds like youre having a GREAT time!!!

Peony - that is so frustrating! Grrr. DO you always leave messages? Can you go to the school and see if shes there?

goodmomma - Wow! So many kids starting school! Every time dd1 starts a new school year I feel really REALLY old! I think its cause i have to say to everyone "SHe in school now, shes a THIRD GRADER" (holy crap!)

Its good here! I went to TWO parties this weekend, not for long, but I showed Sophia off to everyone. Oh! NA the big farmers market. So fun. The milk donor woman is having to go on an elimination diet for her baby so the milk sophia is going to get is going to be REALLY clean! Oh and she told me she pumps enough in 3 or 4 sitting to feed BOTH our kids for the day so pumping is not a burden!

Funny story. DH is planning a trip back east in the fall to see family with dd1. Last night I heard him on the phone with his sis booking sept 23 to 30. Wed to wed. I ran in and was said "WAIT!!!!! What?! Youre leaving me for a whole week, OVER the weekend (his work days) and taking Isa out of school for a week 2 weeks after it starts?! Really?"

Well, he didnt think that I would have to do 7 days with sophia by myself, that he would miss a "week" of work and that Isa would be out of school for so long! I told him he could have Sat to wed, missing only one day of work and Isa 3 days of school and I can stay at my parents if I need to for help. Men are pretty helpless sometimes!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
tomorrow we head to the Berkshires (Mass)
where in the berkshires? I'm from western MA.... and I still go there often to visit. It's a place very close to my heart..... have fun!

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

So when Zack rolls to his tummy in his sleep and stays there, I just let him, right? It seems to be automatic now -- but he still can't go back the other way...

Old 08-18-2009, 02:30 AM

Nancy - as long as he's not swaddled and on his belly he should be fine.

Wow! I was out of town for the weekend and can't begin to catch up. I missed you all, though, .

We went to se dh's extended family and we all met for a bbq at a park. Dh's mom is crazy, but she has a lovely family. It was like 65 degrees and breezy and dh's mom jumped in the river (in a swim suit) all because I was joking around and dared her to. it was a little crazy. She has had like three knee surgeries and nearly broke her neck on the rocks. Anyway, I learned not to dare her anymore. Sheesh. We also got to meet up with dh's dad's family for breakfast the next day. very nice.

Eden had her 4 month check-up today. She's doing just fine, holding steady in the 90th percentile for weight at 16 pounds and 75th for height at 25 inches. Her little head dropped down from the 50th to the 45th. We were supposed to get 4 shots, but all of peacehealth is auditing their immunization supply and verifyin that all the refrigeratgors are working properly and keeping the vaxes at the right temp, so they're not allowed to administer any until that's finished. So, we'll have to go back in again. Luckily we don't have a co-pay.

Anyway, I hope you're all well!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:53 AM

Kate, no more dares (I'm insanely persistent about doing things that people think I can't and my husband tries to exploit this with dares from time to time- with varying degrees of success. I played trombone for five years and did a couple of triathlons just to prove people wrong, though.)

Lindsay, glad you straightened your husband's plans out. I was just talking with a friend about letting my husband leave for his four-day turned six-day trip when Nora was 3 1/2 weeks old- I was totally insane!! Good for you for making sure you have the help you need Oh, and how terrific about the milkshare!

bodhi, I second the sweet husband comment. How considerate of both you and River! For six hours!

Peony, I hope you have some luck with the teacher soon. How frustrating!

nancy, can't wait to see the video. Nora's a waterbaby, too- she'll happily splash until she's purple.

Neela woke up at 3:45 this morning and my husband tried for an hour to get her back to sleep before giving up. At 4:45 he came to ask for advice, and I suggested a movie for her- desperate for more sleep. I hope her good mood holds out until this afternoon for a nap.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 08-18-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
bodhi - Can your DH do that more often? Is there a reason she isnt sleeping that ,much?
Well, I think there are a variety of reasons why she isn't sleeping well. She sometimes has teething pain, and she sometimes seems like she can't keep good enough control of her limbs to keep from thrashing and waking herself up. She hates being swaddled, so that doesn't help. For a while we didn't have her nap routine figured out very well, so that was causing problems at night. So there are lots of reasons. We've had a few better nights in a row now...but a "better" night means she stays in bed all night and only wakes up every two hours, so still not all that great. But sleep in increments of two hours is much better than increments of 45 minutes, so I'll take it!

I'm sure DH will help me out again if it gets that bad. But he just went back to work, since the fall semester starts next week, so it's going to be hard for him to give me as much support as he was.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Funny story. DH is planning a trip back east in the fall to see family with dd1. Last night I heard him on the phone with his sis booking sept 23 to 30. Wed to wed. I ran in and was said "WAIT!!!!! What?! Youre leaving me for a whole week, OVER the weekend (his work days) and taking Isa out of school for a week 2 weeks after it starts?! Really?"

Well, he didnt think that I would have to do 7 days with sophia by myself, that he would miss a "week" of work and that Isa would be out of school for so long! I told him he could have Sat to wed, missing only one day of work and Isa 3 days of school and I can stay at my parents if I need to for help. Men are pretty helpless sometimes!!!
Good thing you caught that in time!

Sorry about the mamas having sleeping problems. I really understand how you feel.

I finally got ahold of the teacher, apparently she doesn't have cell service at her house, which I understand, lived in places like that before but she hadn't left her house in 8 days? Really? Julian has a fever right now, I'm wondering if he is teething. He has been acting like it for the last couple days, whiny, gumming everything in sight, waking up crying.... I was at a friend's yesterday and he pooped all over me. It was so bad I had to ask to borrow a complete set of clothes. I had poop all the way from my hip to my knees. : He hadn't pooped in a couple days and apparently when it did finally come, it arrived with force!

Yawn. I'm really tired today as well. Julian didn't sleep well, and then Madeline kicked me all night. It would be a treat if I could only have ONE co-sleeping child in my bed instead of 2 or 3....

Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

i'm not sure he's a waterbaby, but he didnt hate it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXlZK9XsPY8

Old 08-18-2009, 01:56 PM

Thanks for all the love mamas!!!! I'm sooo glad all that is over! as a whole, it all went really well. Babies are a good distraction...I was so busy keepin her happy. N didn't like the slings much, and hated nursin with the noise...she's now tuggin at nursing cover, so will not be coverin anymore. P played well with cousins and did great at funeral. Won't see sister and family again till christmas, phew! Was glad to visit with my aunts and cousins I havn't seen in a long while and to see P playin at my aunts farm, my favorite place as a child. DH and I had some discussions about our preferences when we die. Always good to know those things. I wasn't too emotional about everything as I thought I"d be but I'm sure it was due to the baby distraction...not sure if that is good or bad??? I do know it is different emotionally to me knowing my grandma lived a full life but my dad only lived half of his and William and Soren didn't even get the chance, just isn't fair for the ones who get their lives cut too short!

DH just left for work, he let me sleep in the morning...good thing cause I was still hazy from the busy weekend. I can't remember if I said, but we decided NOT to do preschool with P. I"m so glad. We are going to use the homeschool program I got last year and work on writing her letters since she allready knows identifiing and sounds. I'm acutally looking forward to some type of routine. We'll start in Sept.

N has got to be getting a tooth...it feels different when she nurses. She was awake more during the weekend and asleep longer...she's growing fast!!!! I can't wait to see what her growth rate is. Still not sure about shots, but I'm borrowing the DR. Sears book so will read it this week...
Old 08-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Shine - dd1 decided awhile back that when people die, they become angels. "So they're not dead, Mama." : Just not with us. I sometimes dream of my grandmother--we have conversations about stuff that's going on. So maybe there's something to that.

Baby girl is full of snot this morning. Coughing alot, trying to clear it. We have a lot of ash in the air the last week, from a fire about 50 miles north of here, in the national forest--I think she's reacting to that, at least in part. This one they think was started by sparks from a cooking fire belonging to illegal pot growers. For some reason, that cracks me up. I'd had no idea that there was such extensive marijuana growing in the area; apparently, the sheriff's office spends a lot of time going through the woods pulling up plants this time of year.

Several weeks ago, when the budget talks in Sacramento were more on the front page, there was some talk of taxing medical marijuana, thereby raising a ton of money. Or was it legalizing weed and then taxing it? No matter....didn't go anywhere.

Mom of two girls.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claras_mom View Post

Baby girl is full of snot this morning. Coughing alot, trying to clear it. We have a lot of ash in the air the last week, from a fire about 50 miles north of here, in the national forest--I think she's reacting to that, at least in part. This one they think was started by sparks from a cooking fire belonging to illegal pot growers. For some reason, that cracks me up. I'd had no idea that there was such extensive marijuana growing in the area; apparently, the sheriff's office spends a lot of time going through the woods pulling up plants this time of year.
Were in Sac and Sophia is suffering from this darn smoke!! Are you near SC? Those fires are sending more smoke than the Yuba ones are!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Were in Sac and Sophia is suffering from this darn smoke!! Are you near SC? Those fires are sending more smoke than the Yuba ones are!!!
Further down the coast--Santa Barbara area.

Mom of two girls.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claras_mom View Post
Shine - dd1 decided awhile back that when people die, they become angels. "So they're not dead, Mama." : Just not with us. I sometimes dream of my grandmother--we have conversations about stuff that's going on. So maybe there's something to that.
When talking to P about how we will never see Grams again she said" yes we will mama in heaven remember" I got tears! To think I acutally forgot! I love that P is really understanding our faith!

Quote:
Poor babes! Hope the air clears for you all!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
When talking to P about how we will never see Grams again she said" yes we will mama in heaven remember" I got tears! To think I acutally forgot! I love that P is really understanding our faith!
Kids are amazing, arent they?!

BIG EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!

Went to Sophias first physical therapy appt today. She had the hurt nerves from the shoulder dystocia. (called Erbs Palsy)
Well after 2 min of examining her, the docs said she is fine. There is no trace of the palsy and as far as those motor skills are concerned, she is EXACTLY where she should be at her age. ZERO DELAY!!!!!! Sophia had slings fitted in the nicu but the doc said to throw them away! (didnt use them anyway ) She also said that she sees no reason why she would have any delay in the future AND that normally she sees Erbs kids twice a month for 6 months to a year but not Sophia! She has to go back at 6 months and then 3 yrs for follow-up.
1 specialist down, 3 to go!!!!

What a great day!!!::

Old 08-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Kids are amazing, arent they?!

BIG EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!

Went to Sophias first physical therapy appt today. She had the hurt nerves from the shoulder dystocia. (called Erbs Palsy)
Well after 2 min of examining her, the docs said she is fine. There is no trace of the palsy and as far as those motor skills are concerned, she is EXACTLY where she should be at her age. ZERO DELAY!!!!!! Sophia had slings fitted in the nicu but the doc said to throw them away! (didnt use them anyway ) She also said that she sees no reason why she would have any delay in the future AND that normally she sees Erbs kids twice a month for 6 months to a year but not Sophia! She has to go back at 6 months and then 3 yrs for follow-up.
1 specialist down, 3 to go!!!!

What a great day!!!::
That is wonderful news!!!

Shine-

Poor Julian has not been happy today, he even has been whining in his sleep. He has got to be teething with this behavior.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 AM

YAY YAY YAY YAY PRAISE GOD Lindsay!!!! What blessings! Sophia, you are AMAZING!!!

Peony: N hasn't been very happy lately either, though can't tell if it's more teething or the results from the crazy weekend.

Read through most of Dr. Sears vax book...made my eyes bugg out of my head! Alot of info. Now need to read that other one that is supposed to be more unbiased as Dr. Sears really does seem numerous times he's provax. N has her 4 mo appointment next week so I want to know if we are starting at 6mo or not doing them at all. I have to call Peds tomorrow to track down P shot records...they havn't been updated in the state system and I know P had everything except maybe Hep B and roto as not sure those were offered at that time.?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
YAY YAY YAY YAY PRAISE GOD Lindsay!!!! What blessings! Sophia, you are AMAZING!!!

Peony: N hasn't been very happy lately either, though can't tell if it's more teething or the results from the crazy weekend.

Read through most of Dr. Sears vax book...made my eyes bugg out of my head! Alot of info. Now need to read that other one that is supposed to be more unbiased as Dr. Sears really does seem numerous times he's provax. N has her 4 mo appointment next week so I want to know if we are starting at 6mo or not doing them at all. I have to call Peds tomorrow to track down P shot records...they havn't been updated in the state system and I know P had everything except maybe Hep B and roto as not sure those were offered at that time.?
I thought dr sears was supposed to be the unbiased one?!

Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
i'm not sure he's a waterbaby, but he didnt hate it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXlZK9XsPY8
Zack is so cute!

Quote:
BIG EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!
Do you have a baby genius, or something? Her recovery rate is remarkable! She must be tough like her mama!

For those of you not on fb, Eden took a bottle today when I was working!!! I left 2 oz (only gone one hour) and dh said she sucked it down in 5 minutes! :: I'm going to pump some more tomorrow and see if she'll do a repeat. Pumping is a lot more work now that I've worked so hard to get my supply regulated. Any advice on building a stash? How often do you pump? Do you only pump after feedings or for missed feedings? thanks

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
Zack is so cute!

Do you have a baby genius, or something? Her recovery rate is remarkable! She must be tough like her mama!

For those of you not on fb, Eden took a bottle today when I was working!!! I left 2 oz (only gone one hour) and dh said she sucked it down in 5 minutes! :: I'm going to pump some more tomorrow and see if she'll do a repeat. Pumping is a lot more work now that I've worked so hard to get my supply regulated. Any advice on building a stash? How often do you pump? Do you only pump after feedings or for missed feedings? thanks
Yeay Lindsay!! Btw - we are back from the in laws. Coop did great on the trip.

Kate - I've heard (and found to be true) that you have the most milk in the morning so I almost always pump in the morning after Cooper has nursed on and off and is awake and happy. He usually nurses back to sleep a couple of times after he first wakes up so he isn't emptying my breats and then by the time we get up I have plenty to pump. If he doesn't nurse long during a session or only nurses on one side I will sometimes pump. I pump during missed feedings too. HTH!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40

User Tag List