Mothering Forum banner

Baby + family in hotel, tips?

669 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  flightgoddess 
#1 ·
We are traveling this week and are staying in a hotel room with 2 queen sized beds, a refrigerator and hopefully a microwave. Its 4 month old DD, almost 4 YO DS and DH. We are taking the cloth diapers. DS likes books and legos and there is a pool. Taking breakfast and some lunch foods and a few snacks. There is a pool and DS loves to swim. DH is the SAHD for the trip while I work.

We have not traveled with the kids since DS was 18 months and our only one. What tips for traveling? What will come in handy at the hotel?

Thanks!

#7 ·
A crib rail would be nice. We took 2 hotel trips this summer with 3 cosleeping kids. DD and I in one queen bed and DH and boys in the other. DD fell off our bed while I was on the phone with the front desk asking about the bed rail the hotel guide said would be available. Unfortunately that location didn't have one. The beds were on huge heavy platforms so I couldn't slide it up to the wall. I ended up piling up all the extra pillows and bedspreads on dd's side so that she had a soft landing.

When we travel we try to spend very little time cooped up in the room, so I don't like to bring too much with us. If we will be gone less than 3 nights I bring my cloth, otherwise I use sposies.

#10 ·
I found the pack n play someone gave us came in handy. Our 6 week old slept in it, set up as a basinette, right next to our bed. We used sposies. Freedom from laundry is an important part of vacation for me. That said, be sure to pack plenty of burp rags, changes of clothes, etc.to last you the entire trip.

#11 ·
Disposeables were pretty convenient traveling, and just with one kid. With two, you'll already have twice as much! My lil guy slept in a pack n play, and I brought him to bed to nurse, and then back to his space. If you don't have a suite, there probably won't be enough room to move matresses to the floor. A suite was nice, then we could do stuff in the living area while he napped. Don't forget swim pants for the baby! My lil guy loved his first splash in the pool. And some tub toys/toys ok to get wet.
Get info on the local public library, parks, etc so dad and the kids have stuff to do while you're gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.