Dropping to two short catnaps at 9 months - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-04-2009, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS has rarely napped longer than forty mins no matter what I do. This hasn't been an issue since I've ensured he takes lots of naps. However now at nine months he's just not tired enough to take three- I really have to force it. On the otherhand, 2 forty minute naps a day is not a lot and he does get a little overtired.

What should I do? Drop to two? Hope they get longer in length? Do you think one hour twenty in naps is okay?

Thanks!

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

#2 of 5 Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Well, depends on the kid of course (and you would know best what your LO needs). But I think if he is getting plenty of sleep at night then he wouldn't need so much during the day. That amount of napping would be fine for my LO if she was sleeping 12+ hours a night. Can you move bedtime up a bit earlier?

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
#3 of 5 Old 10-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

Is he happy? If he needs more sleep, he'll let you know! My DD dropped all sleeps but 1 at 3 1/2 months, but was totally happy. Untill she started crawling, and teething at 8 - 9 months, and dropped the last sleepand was miserable. S at that point we expermented, and got her to start taking two naps, as she seemed to need it.
#4 of 5 Old 10-04-2009, 03:33 PM

I don't think this is enough for any baby really, I would pick up a copy of No Cry Nap Solution and try to give a few of her great suggestions a try. Also remember that it might be a temporary thing not taking 3 naps due to development or teething.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#5 of 5 Old 10-04-2009, 04:57 PM

my DD is 7 months old and her naps are 40 minutes long too - she takes one mid-morning and the other when I walk to get DS from school around 3pm (sometimes that one is only half an hour) and that's it til bedtime around 8pm. I can't get her to nap any longer either - she naps the same in the cot or in the buggy! I'd like some tips too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page