August 2009 Mamas & Little Babies! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 653 Old 01-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's Cedar in her highchair. She's not eating yet, but I thought I'd put her in it so she could be a part of the family meals.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37154535@N04/4310052116/

She's almost sitting up on her own now and is suddenly making many more new sounds. Nothing like feeling annoyed that your baby is waking you up wayyyy too early but then forgiving them as soon as you see their cute little smiles and babbling. They're so amazing

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#302 of 653 Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 AM

Trying to catch up here....Slimkins and MM, Kingsley sleeps the same way!! I have no idea what that's about! And I'm still losing hair as well. I just run my fingers thru and it comes out in chunks, yuck!

I got my period back a couple weeks ago and it's kinda nice to have it back Kings is sitting great on his own and rolling a ton. Bridging and all that... It's so fun to watch him grow and discover. He is teething quite a bit but handling it pretty well i think.
He is eating food, very very little but he is getting to taste things.
We are still happily co-sleeping.
We still wrap quite a bit which i am so thankful for! He is growing to be a pretty big boy too! He loves to play music and now goes to music classes, which he seems to really enjoy.
Here's a pic i took the other day.

Ok, hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying their little people!

Mom to K and R

#303 of 653 Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 AM

Oh my gosh these babies are so adorable! I've been mostly lurking while nursing but wanted to pop in to say hi now that I have two free hands! Miss Abby is 5.5 mos and I can't believe she's approaching the age for solids! She is pretty uninterested so I'm not sure if we're gonna start at 6 mos. She got 2 bottom teeth at 4.5 mos. I think she's working on the top teeth now. She is such a joy but still definitely our last.

Here is Abigail making a really silly face on Christmas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jillmariest/4315319576/ She's a funny baby. Still really content. I honestly didn't know babies could be this content!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#304 of 653 Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

I didn't know babies could be this content, either! I don't plan on DD being our last, though. But I'd like to wait a while before another one, for sure.

DD is rolling and starting to bridge a little bit. She's still not totally secure sitting up - but can do it. She just gets so mad and upset if she falls over! She wants to mouth EVERYTHING, but threw up when she tried to swallow part of a rice chex the other day . . . so I'm not going to start offering her chunks of stuff for a while yet. She does get a "flavor spoon" whenever we're eating something with any liquid to it at all, because she absolutely demands one. And she likes to mouth bread, veggies, etc - anything I'm eating in my hand.

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#305 of 653 Old 01-30-2010, 01:39 PM

-
#306 of 653 Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 PM

I cannot believe these babies are going to be 6 months! Time has FLOWN by with this baby. He is an easy little guy still, and I hope he's not our last.

Isaac was 20 pounds and 27 inches two weeks ago, it seems like he is slowing down a little big. Still squeezes into some size 12 months stuff, but mostly into size 18 months clothing. He is just a giant!

We're still co-sleeping, probably will be for months, although I've always moved my other babies into the pack and play at 6 months.

I lurk, but don't post often, hubby still works out of town full time. I'm here with all 4 kiddos full time on my own, it sucks!

I finally started the 30 Day Shred and counting calories, only about 12-15 lbs. to pre-pregnancies weight.

Here's our little one. He LOVES the swing in the backyard and just got his two bottom teeth.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...s/IMG_4869.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...s/IMG_4809.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...s/IMG_4630.jpg
#307 of 653 Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Wow, it's been way too long since I've been here. I just went through and looked at so many pics of all the sweet babies- they are getting so big!

My guys are seven months now (they were early). They each have two teeth. Dylan sits, Ryan tips over. They roll here and there, when they want to.

They're still on pretty much opposite sleep schedules. One is almost always awake. And neither are remotely close to sleeping through the night.

Dylan is almost 20 lbs, Ryan is over 16. They've always had a discrepancy, but it has become more and more lately since Ryan hasn't gained much over the last few months but Dylan keeps trucking along. We're just happy he isn't losing- he's been undergoing chemotherapy for the past three months for retinoblastoma.

Some pics:
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC07592.jpg

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC07513.jpg

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC07188.jpg

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC07013.jpg

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#308 of 653 Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Jayme, they are beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear that Ryan is having to unergo chemotherapy. I hope it works well and he stays healthy when the course is done. Hugs to you and baby Ryan.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#309 of 653 Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 AM

All the babes look adorable I haven't weighed DS2 in a while, but I'd guess he's around 18 or so pounds now. He's not quite sitting up by himself yet and he STILL doesn't have any teeth!! He'll be 6 months in just a few days now, which is hard to believe... they grow SO fast!! I haven't offered any solids to him just yet, but as soon as he can sit up we're going to start.

So, we got him a new carseat (truefit premier), oh, 2 or 3 wks ago (which he hated, so its now DS1's and he's in DS1's old triumph... makes'm both happy. What his issue is/was with the truefit I have no idea...), and ever since then we've been missing is sophie the giraffe I searched the car & the house and eventually came to the conclusion that we must have left it at the mall :sniffle: And then, last night, I went downstairs to microwave something and looked at the carseat box and went 'hmm. this is a totally bizzare thought, but...' and yes. Sure enough, there she was all closed up in the truefit box!! DS1 must have dropped her in there when he was playing in it and then DH just picked the whole thing up and put it downstairs

I honestly think he's going to be crawling here soon though. He can almost get up on all fours (I think he has actually once or twice), whcih is both super exciting AND super terryfing at the same time!
#310 of 653 Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 PM

How on earth did I not know that there was a DDC for us?!? I'm only like...6 months late to the party!

My babe Andrew will be 6 months on the 6th. He's doing great, is huge and adorable of course Weighs 20 lbs. and is 28" long. My first ever child to sleep through the night before he turned a year old (don't hate me, feel sorry for me for all those other sleepless years with colicky babies! LOL! ).

I just gave him his first try of baby cereal mixed with mama milk. Now here's the funny thing. While my other 2 kiddos made faces, spit it out, turned their head, and didn't really take to baby food until 8 months, this little guy smacked his lips, and then proceeded to grab the spoon from me and shove it into his mouth! And that about sums up his personality in a nut shell ladies.

I have always said before he was even born that I think he'll be someone who approaches life with gusto, and is a laughing, smiling, social person. And he really is. Funny that I could feel that even when he was in my tummy. Love my little guy!

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

#311 of 653 Old 02-03-2010, 05:27 PM

jayme I hope he makes a full recovery

wyatt has discovered that he can roll to get places! life as we know it is over. the cats had better hide. he'll be 5 months in a couple of days.

does any one know when babies are "supposed" to double their birth weight? I have heard 4 months and 6 months. and when calculating do you use their true birth weight or the low weight? ds lost almost a lb at birth so it makes a big difference. he was 9lb8oz at birth and was 15lb 1oz at 4 months, not sure what he is now.
#312 of 653 Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
jayme I hope he makes a full recovery

wyatt has discovered that he can roll to get places! life as we know it is over. the cats had better hide. he'll be 5 months in a couple of days.

does any one know when babies are "supposed" to double their birth weight? I have heard 4 months and 6 months. and when calculating do you use their true birth weight or the low weight? ds lost almost a lb at birth so it makes a big difference. he was 9lb8oz at birth and was 15lb 1oz at 4 months, not sure what he is now.
Olivine doubled her birth weight by around 4mo. She was born at 7lb14oz, maybe lost 2-3oz after she was born, and now at nearly 6mo she's 16.5lbs.. Your little guy started off pretty large, so I wouldn't worry about it. I can't imagine that there's a one-size-fits-all formula for this kind of thing.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#313 of 653 Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
I read recently it was by 5 months...so somewhere in between what you heard I guess.

I need advice. Cedar is not sitting up quite yet on her own, nor does she have any teeth, but in the morning when I'm eating apples she screams very loudly until I let her have some licks, and when I take the apple away she screams some more, even if I try and switch the apple with a bottle of breastmilk. Lately too she has been refusing to drink very much, especially in the mornings, and almost never finishes her bottles anymore. I'm worried she's going to start losing weight if she keeps this up! I've read that rejecting the bottle is one sign of teething, but I don't feel anything on her gumline yet. Wondering if I should try out some foods for her even though she doesn't show the typical signs...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#314 of 653 Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Ladies, it is so great to see all the babies. They all look fantastic!

Jayme, your little ones really do look great and I'm sorry your LO is going through chemo. I missed that you wrote that the first time I read your post. I'm beyond impressed with how it seems you handle things with such stride. Good luck to your fam!

Ryden is 5 months and a week and he weighs 19 lbs. and is 27 inches long. Texaspeach, I think he doubled his weight by 2 months and has only gained about a pound a month since.
I cut milk out of my diet this week because Ryden broke out with some eczema on his torso and the tops of his thighs. Sometimes on his cheeks, too. The ped thinks that where it is located it is probably an internal allergen. Especially, since I haven't changed any detergents or anything. So, I will start with dairy and hopefully see a difference in a couple of weeks, and if not, I will start eliminating other things.
I am back at work a couple of days a week now, and I am really enjoying it. Ryden also got really excited to see the lady that is watching him, two days a week, when she came over yesterday. I guess that is a good sign.
On saturdays, his daddy watches him. I think that is really special for them to have that time. The first saturday that my DH watched him, he (my DH) fell asleep by 8:30 that night
I think he has a new perspective on things.

most recent of my little nugget and I

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#315 of 653 Old 02-04-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
I read recently it was by 5 months...so somewhere in between what you heard I guess.

I need advice. Cedar is not sitting up quite yet on her own, nor does she have any teeth, but in the morning when I'm eating apples she screams very loudly until I let her have some licks, and when I take the apple away she screams some more, even if I try and switch the apple with a bottle of breastmilk. Lately too she has been refusing to drink very much, especially in the mornings, and almost never finishes her bottles anymore. I'm worried she's going to start losing weight if she keeps this up! I've read that rejecting the bottle is one sign of teething, but I don't feel anything on her gumline yet. Wondering if I should try out some foods for her even though she doesn't show the typical signs...any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I let my DS eat before he could sit on his own. I didn't know about BLW or that there were any "rules" to it. I simply followed his lead and let him have little bits of things once he started acting interested (around 5mo). He didn't actually sit up until 7mo, so if I had waited for that it would have been a long 2mo!!

Olivine has also started eating because she showed an interest. She has little chunks of what I'm eating or something I use a mesh feeder and give her banana or avocado. She's never had a problem with chunks of food and chews each bite perfectly before swallowing. However, she can sit up on her own (since 4.5mo), so I feed her in her high chair.

Eating with a mesh feeder

Hilarious video of Olivine playing the Wii

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#316 of 653 Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
Abra--this is so cute. Her little laugh is adorable.
#317 of 653 Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 PM

dh and i were having a tiff so he decided he was going to take charge and feed the baby...
she ate a whole jar of sweet potatoes...screamed like a banshee if you hid the spoon...dh spilled some on the bumbo and she leaned over and started licking it up...scarey...gonna be a fat one this girl...
ds only ate a little here and there until 9 mos...he was way more of a booby hound!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#318 of 653 Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
dh and i were having a tiff so he decided he was going to take charge and feed the baby...
she ate a whole jar of sweet potatoes...screamed like a banshee if you hid the spoon...dh spilled some on the bumbo and she leaned over and started licking it up...scarey...gonna be a fat one this girl...
ds only ate a little here and there until 9 mos...he was way more of a booby hound!!

My DS was a crazed early eater as well. He's now a very thin 6yo that doesn't over-eat at all.. There's hope!

#319 of 653 Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
I let my DS eat before he could sit on his own. I didn't know about BLW or that there were any "rules" to it. I simply followed his lead and let him have little bits of things once he started acting interested (around 5mo). He didn't actually sit up until 7mo, so if I had waited for that it would have been a long 2mo!!

Olivine has also started eating because she showed an interest. She has little chunks of what I'm eating or something I use a mesh feeder and give her banana or avocado. She's never had a problem with chunks of food and chews each bite perfectly before swallowing. However, she can sit up on her own (since 4.5mo), so I feed her in her high chair.

Eating with a mesh feeder

Hilarious video of Olivine playing the Wii
Abra i love that mesh feeder!!!! I have to get one!

Mom to K and R

#320 of 653 Old 02-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Heyla all! I keep forgetting to check in!

Let's see... Tor is 20lbs and long, wearing a few 9mo items but mostly 12-18mo stuff. His one-size dipes are at their "biggest" setting and he happily shares dipes with his 2.5yo sister.

He sits on his own and loves bouncing in his exersaucer. He was close to crawling (bridging, snow plowing, etc) but then realized that he can make better time by rolling. So now he is a "roller derby baby", log rolling his way around the house. It's really funny though it worries me a bit since the girls have lots of small toys and Tor gets everywhere... Our couch is "open" (up on little legs?) and yesterday Tor was under it, gumming on a dust bunny!

Other than grabbing my coffee lid and licking it clean Tor's only solids have been an apple he plays with during meals. We're waiting for valentine's day as being "close enough". He sits, he has a pincer grip, and he really wants to join in the meal. Traditionally we offer apple first (dh's dad was an apple farmer and dh grew up on an apple farm/orchard)... then we offer whatever we're eating as a family. DD1 was all about solids but nursed till she was almost 4yo. DD2 was totally uninterested till nearly a year and then weaned herself around her 2nd birthday. DD1 loved soft, creamy, sweet things and dd2 wanted chewey, savory, crunchy things. So dd1 loved avocado and dd2 hated it unless it was super garlicy guacamole. I wonder what ds will like?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#321 of 653 Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

SNOWWWWWW!

DH just took the big kids out in it . . . we'll see if DD gets to go out. She's asleep at the moment. Last time it snowed DH took her out for a few minutes but she got really upset when she saw me still inside . . . but I have a bigger snowsuit thing now that might keep her actually warm.

Have a great day, ladies!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#322 of 653 Old 02-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Jules pulled himself up to stand today...and then fell over hard. He did this twice today. Now I can't leave him alone for very long to have floor time because he is really interested in pulling himself up. He is 6 months, 2 weeks old. He is just growing so fast!

Last night he got to a sitting position by himself, and he crawls so well too.

I am glad he is getting around so well. I had a slight concern that the lyme he has could affect him from being mobile. I have had issues with the lyme I have and being able to walk. What a relief. We are working on healing it with lots of herbs and homeopathy since he is allergic to lyme antibiotics. I recently learned that women that have lyme and are pregnant have a very high chance of delivering premature babies. Jules was 3 weeks early.
#323 of 653 Old 02-07-2010, 11:51 PM

bluebird- I'm glad he is doing so well! DD1 walked on her own by 7-8 months while DD2 didn't walk until her first birthday. I'm really curious to see what DS does! Honestly, I'm sort of hoping he holds off until it's warm enough to turn the stove off. We heat with wood/pellets and it's a small house so I worry that a brand new cruiser/toddler could end up with burnt hands from falling into or cruising against the stove.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#324 of 653 Old 02-08-2010, 03:21 AM

Hi there all!
I have been AWOL and just found our thread again. Everyone's babes are so big & cute!

Jayme: BIG . Please update us on his progress!

Silas is 20 pounds and a very smiley baby.
Except when he's colicky (still!). Even asleep he can't be put down between the hours of 8-11. But he is such a sweetie and has the dorkiest laugh . Some recent pics on a post from my blog:
Dear Silas

Anyone have any nap ideas? He only naps for about 20 minutes until he wakes up screaming in his cosleeper. He will nap longer on me, but I also have DD to take care of, I can't just sit around like I did with her.
I wear him sometimes when I have to but my back keeps going out (um, maybe because he's 20 pounds! ) and wearing him makes it worse.

How do I keep getting these awful sleepers? DD is 3 and *still* wakes up crying. Sheesh. Sorry- had to vent- it's so frustrating!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#325 of 653 Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 AM

We were dealing with Jules waking up all the time, but then I realized that it became habit. So for a while I had to nap wit him to train him to sleep longer. Also I give him some chamomile tea and a little magnesium directly for relaxation or an epsom salt bath before bed. I have also learned that if he is colicky he sleeps bad, so I have been addressing that by not eating onions, cabbage, and collards. And I have been giving him homeopathic chamomilla if needed. Works well at calming him down.

Mouso, those pics are so cute! I just what to reach out and grab his cheeks, love it!
#326 of 653 Old 02-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
We were dealing with Jules waking up all the time, but then I realized that it became habit. So for a while I had to nap wit him to train him to sleep longer. Also I give him some chamomile tea and a little magnesium directly for relaxation or an epsom salt bath before bed. I have also learned that if he is colicky he sleeps bad, so I have been addressing that by not eating onions, cabbage, and collards. And I have been giving him homeopathic chamomilla if needed. Works well at calming him down.

Mouso, those pics are so cute! I just what to reach out and grab his cheeks, love it!
Thanks for the hints. I will try a few of those.
And, thanks, his cheeks are definitely delicious. I squeeze and kiss them every chance I get!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#327 of 653 Old 02-08-2010, 03:24 PM

-
#328 of 653 Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
I have also learned that if he is colicky he sleeps bad, so I have been addressing that by not eating onions, cabbage, and collards.
life without collards???!! That would be so tough

#329 of 653 Old 02-08-2010, 11:16 PM

Blubird that is amazing!! What a strong LO you have! Good for him!
And Mouso, that blog post made me cry... Guess it's been a long day here.

We're in the process of moving DS into the crib. I really feel like he needs his space since everynight he kicks, punches and pulls my hair. I miss my baby in bed with me tho
Any tips?

Mom to K and R

#330 of 653 Old 02-08-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ombrooklyn View Post
Blubird that is amazing!! What a strong LO you have! Good for him!
And Mouso, that blog post made me cry... Guess it's been a long day here.

We're in the process of moving DS into the crib. I really feel like he needs his space since everynight he kicks, punches and pulls my hair. I miss my baby in bed with me tho
Any tips?
Can you do a sidecar arrangement? That is what we do. Abigail is a kicker too. I put the crib on the side next to DH and I nurse her to sleep and put her into the crib. When she wakes up I usually bring her into bed with me but I'm trying to get better about putting her back into the crib. I keep her on H's side so she can't see me when she wakes up so sometimes she'll just look at him and fall back asleep. When she sees me she needs to eat.

Does anyone have a reflux baby that is still spitting up constantly? Sheesh, this is ridiculous! Abigail is almost 6 mos and still spitting up all the time. Has anyone had a reflux baby in the past? How long does this last? Please tell me I'm not gonna have a hurling toddler walking around the house and spitting up on everything!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page