Forum Jump: 

#361 of 653 Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabeakley View Post
My ankle is broken :-(

DD seems upset that I can't carry her right now. I'm giving myself the weekend (while DH is around) to get used to walking with crutches before I try wearing her with them. I think somebody is giving me an Ergo, because I think that'll be a lot easier than any of the carriers I have to get on and off, etc.

I'm so tired (I worked about 6 hours today and then went to my BFF's birthday party) I just want to cry. I know I'll feel better about everything in the morning. But right now I'm on my pity pot!

So, so sorry, mama, thank stinks! I hope the Ergo is a life saver for you, I LOVE ours!

My Isaac is just as chunky as ever. He just now started sitting up and is no where near crawling, which is just fine with me.

I'll post more photos soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 653 Old 02-21-2010, 11:56 PM

Ouch! I hope you heal quickly. I love the ergo...

Adorable crawlers! Tor still prefers the log roll, and he's got this sort of "thomas the tank engine turn table" maneuver where he'll roll in on direction, spin on his belly (using his arms), and roll off in the new direction. My dd1 never did crawl (she started walking wicked young) and then dd2 crawled for a long time. I've never had a log roller though!

Tor has been munching on apples, pears, mashed apricots, avocado, and today we added some chicken. We're all sick and DH made a huge pot of chicken soup... I fished a few pieces out for him and he loved it!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#363 of 653 Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 PM

OMG, this is the cutest thing ever! Jonah waves byebye: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnp6k7O_2r8

I haven't been on here lately, but had to share this. Jonah is six months now and is rolling and scooting around. He broke through two teeth which seem to have a bit more to go. He is saying "dadada" and also likes to growl. We're introducing solids using a variety of methods, but he's not really into them at all. I am settling into a routine at home with my husband as we are both out of work now. I'm trying not to get too used to it because I'm certain I am the one who will find a day job first. I just love being with Jonah 24/7. I wish it could be like this forever!!!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#364 of 653 Old 02-24-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshynbaby View Post
OMG, this is the cutest thing ever! Jonah waves byebye: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnp6k7O_2r8
awe, man.... I am so jealous. That is the cutest thing ever! I cannot even wait until Ryden is doing stuff like that.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#365 of 653 Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

DD seems upset that I can't carry her right now. I'm giving myself the weekend (while DH is around) to get used to walking with crutches before I try wearing her with them. I think somebody is giving me an Ergo, because I think that'll be a lot easier than any of the carriers I have to get on and off, etc.

I'm so tired (I worked about 6 hours today and then went to my BFF's birthday party) I just want to cry. I know I'll feel better about everything in the morning. But right now I'm on my pity pot!
We are thinking of you. healing vibes your way!
#366 of 653 Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Tor has been munching on apples, pears, mashed apricots, avocado, and today we added some chicken. We're all sick and DH made a huge pot of chicken soup... I fished a few pieces out for him and he loved it!
They can have chicken? I guess they need teeth for that right? Jules has none still. He is really into eating and refuses to breastfeed if there is food around. Is it wrong to give food over milk this young?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshynbaby View Post
So CUTE!!!!
#367 of 653 Old 02-24-2010, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
They can have chicken? I guess they need teeth for that right? Jules has none still. He is really into eating and refuses to breastfeed if there is food around. Is it wrong to give food over milk this young?
I feel Olivine chicken and hamburger. I just make sure it's in very small piece or I partially chew it for her. She pretty much eats anything that we're eating these days (age appropriate of course). She does have 4 teeth, but I really don't think they help her eat very much, most of the chewing is done with molars... Yesterday she pretty much mastered her pincher grasp and can feed herself cereal with *some* accuracy.

Everyone's babies are so sweet!!

Here's Olivine's update: She's 6.5mo, approx. 26" long and 17lbs, she's been sitting unassisted since 4mo, is pretty close to crawling (and really frustrated about it), just broke her 4th tooth yesterday, has her pincher grasp, can play peek-a-boo (she covers her own face with the blanket), and loves to stand holding onto the edge of something.

It amazes me how each baby works on totally different things to learn, yet they all pretty much catch up in the end.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#368 of 653 Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers, everyone.

This is really really hard. But I am trying to stay as positive as I can and just take it one moment at a time.

Today is DS1's 6th birthday! We had to scrap some of our plans (which he seems okay with) and some friends are coming over to bring us dinner & cupcakes instead. DH also got off work early and has cleaned up the house and fed us all.

DD is (very cutely) frustrated that she can't crawl, too!

I did get an Ergo (free! practically new! from someone I don't even know personally! I feel really blessed) and I can stump around the house with DD in it. It's awkward and difficult, but I CAN be here alone with her when necessary. Yay!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#369 of 653 Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
welcome!

yay for vans and boo for car problems!

Anyone still losing hair? I'm gonna be bald soon if this doesn't stop.
Is that what this is? I have been losing so much hair. Did not experience that with my first DD. I was wondering if I was like really sick or something. YK? I had no idea what was going on. Glad it was not just me.

Wife to DH who worshipsbow.gif me (code for tolerates me) (2001), mom of one DDsleepytime.gif (April 2002) and one DDfly-by-nursing1.gif who arrived forcefully (Sept 2009) Caretaker of Boogie the cat and fish/reef hobbyist. Just tryin' to maintain...banghead.gifteapot2.GIF In major need of...grouphug.gif

#370 of 653 Old 02-25-2010, 01:21 AM

Alright mamas, help calm me down. I have been stewing about this for two weeks going back and forth. DS went for his 6 month checkup two weeks ago. He only gained a pound from his visit at 4 mos. and gained less than an inch in height. The dr didnt seem too concerned, saying that it's possible he had a growth spurt right before his 4 mo visit which skewed the numbers. He was EBF up until the week before the 6 month visit when we started giving him tastes of solids. He now eats about half a mashed banana (or some comparable fruit equivalent, sometimes with a little oatmeal) for breakfast, a snack of possibly two Tbs of some fruit/veggie/oatmeal combo in the afternoon and 2-4 oz of veggie/fruit combo for dinner. He nurses every three hours or so during the day and once or twice at night. This has been his nursing schedule since he was 10 weeks or so. We haven't dropped any nursing since starting solids. Why isn't he gaining weight and growing in length? I've been to kellymom to look at supply and solids. I've tried to forget about it completely. I go back and forth about whether or not to worry. BTW, he's 27" long and weighs 17 lbs, so it's not like he's small...I'm just concerned about the lack of growth over a period that seems like he should have grown. Any advice? Is it even a problem?

Thank you everyone for your adorable pictures/videos. If I wasn't such a total idiot with the computer and I had more than a nanosecond to do things with two hands, I'd have posted pictures long ago. Maybe in my next life

And let me know if you think I should x-post this. I just figured that all our LO's are the same age and might be going through the same thing.

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#371 of 653 Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksonley View Post
Alright mamas, help calm me down. I have been stewing about this for two weeks going back and forth. DS went for his 6 month checkup two weeks ago. He only gained a pound from his visit at 4 mos. and gained less than an inch in height. The dr didnt seem too concerned, saying that it's possible he had a growth spurt right before his 4 mo visit which skewed the numbers. He was EBF up until the week before the 6 month visit when we started giving him tastes of solids. He now eats about half a mashed banana (or some comparable fruit equivalent, sometimes with a little oatmeal) for breakfast, a snack of possibly two Tbs of some fruit/veggie/oatmeal combo in the afternoon and 2-4 oz of veggie/fruit combo for dinner. He nurses every three hours or so during the day and once or twice at night. This has been his nursing schedule since he was 10 weeks or so. We haven't dropped any nursing since starting solids. Why isn't he gaining weight and growing in length? I've been to kellymom to look at supply and solids. I've tried to forget about it completely. I go back and forth about whether or not to worry. BTW, he's 27" long and weighs 17 lbs, so it's not like he's small...I'm just concerned about the lack of growth over a period that seems like he should have grown. Any advice? Is it even a problem?

Thank you everyone for your adorable pictures/videos. If I wasn't such a total idiot with the computer and I had more than a nanosecond to do things with two hands, I'd have posted pictures long ago. Maybe in my next life

And let me know if you think I should x-post this. I just figured that all our LO's are the same age and might be going through the same thing.
Olivine hasn't gained much weight between 4-6mo either, maybe 1-1.5lbs. I just figured it was normal for weight gain to slow down. She's about 26" long and roughly 17lbs at 6.5mo. She eats plenty and seems healthy so I don't think there's anything to worry about. A hungry baby will let you know!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#372 of 653 Old 02-25-2010, 02:50 AM

dicksonley, My son was......
16.7 lbs. at 2 month check-up
18.6 lbs. at 4 month check-up
and 19 something lbs. at 6 months

My ped just sees that he is still in the 90th percentile and doesn't think anything of it. I know I have wondered a few times, but then I think that if he continued to gain weight the way he did the first couple of months, he would be a monster by the time he becomes a toddler. Ya know....
He is also a little over 27 inches. I think that is another reason why he doesn't gain as much, because he keeps growing vertically and can't keep up with it.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#373 of 653 Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 AM

Can you believe that our babies are half a year old. This time 6 months ago I was in labor.

Jackson was weighed and measured yesterday and he is 28.5 inches long and 21.5 lbs.

At his 4 month visit he was 26 inches and 19.14

At 2 months he was 24 inches and 16 something.

I have noticed that he is slowing down on weight, but his length sure has stated to creep up there. DH and I are both 5'11.

Tonight he was lying on the couch next to me and I had my arm on his legs at the ankles and he sat up all on his own.. then he got very frustrated that he couldn't do it unless my arm was over his legs. He loves to stand, roll and cross his ankles.

As far as food goes he loved anything we put in a bowl...he sees the bowl and his mouth opens..even if he is across the room. He also loves his Nuby Nibbler. Still no teeth that I can see..and he doesn't have any of the classic signs that they are coming either.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#374 of 653 Old 02-25-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Jonah gained one pound and 1.5 inches between his 4 and 6 month check up. I' not concerned because he is still in the same percentiles and this is a classic time to slow down on growth. I think this is especially true for ebf babes.

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#375 of 653 Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 PM

Thanks guys! I knew that it was probably ok but I was so used to seeing the huge numbers up until now that it made me second guess my mama-sense. He has dropped in the percentiles somewhat but he's still above 50. It's good to hear that others are seeing the same thing with their LO's. Totally off topic...is anyone else really, really ready for spring? I like winter and all and like living someplace with 4 seasons but this is getting ridiculous!

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#376 of 653 Old 02-27-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks guys! I knew that it was probably ok but I was so used to seeing the huge numbers up until now that it made me second guess my mama-sense. He has dropped in the percentiles somewhat but he's still above 50. It's good to hear that others are seeing the same thing with their LO's. Totally off topic...is anyone else really, really ready for spring? I like winter and all and like living someplace with 4 seasons but this is getting ridiculous!
Jules weight gain has been really slow. I am concerned about him. He just really doesn't like to nurse. I have to stay home with him, and never go anywhere. He totally refuses to nurse in public. So I have decided to feed him more solids and he is crazy about eating now, and I am starting to see a little chunk on him finally.

I can't wait for spring. I just want to let my baby run around outside.
#377 of 653 Old 02-27-2010, 11:04 AM

Hi everybody, glad to hear all the babes are doing so great! DS2 is nearly 7 months old and I keep meaning to bring up the old sassy seat for him at the table so we can start solids properly - he's had bits off my plate a couple times now, but nothing consistant. He's getting pretty good at sitting up, finally, and he's scooting all around the house - not crawling yet, but scooting here and there and everywhere! Its amazing how well he can get around!!
#378 of 653 Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Tor doesn't have any teeth yet. He just gums things to death! We follow a "baby led" approach to solids... basically sticking with the idea that solid food isn't primarily about "nutrition" until around a year. Instead, solid food's role is more exploration and sensory stimulation. Kiddos explore new tastes, smells, textures and so on while practicing small motor control, learning about gravity and the environment, and sharing in family activities. So at meal time I'll give Tor a half an apple, or a sweet potato wedge, or something like that... big enough that he can't break of chunks but small enough that he can hold it easily. We also offer "squished" foods, but usually he'll hold the spoon himself. It makes a right glorious mess, but he gets some in his mouth as well. The kellymom website has more info, and there are often baby-led solid threads floating around here.

Oh... chicken... different cultures offer different "first foods". Although modern north american groups tend towards fruits or veggies, other groups offer meat first. The LLL also suggests meat as a first food. My dd1 adored fruits/veggies when she was starting out but my dd2 hated them... she would spit out avocado with the most horrible "why are you poisoning me?" face. Then she tried some guacamole and we learned she prefers strong/savory flavors (garlic was a hit) and although we almost never eat red meat, we had steak at a holiday meal and she loved it! So if you have a kiddo who doesn't seem interested in what they're offered, try thinking outside the "gerber box".

HAIR- I'm not losing as much, but still some. I have an appointment to get my thyroid levels checked. Apparently, thyroid function can get pretty loopy during/after childbearing and while it normally settles on it's own, it's not uncommon for women to have thyroid problems for a year or two after birth. Since thyroid issues run in my family (and Tor is my third kiddo in 5 years), and since hair loss can be a sign of thyroid imbalance i'm getting checked. Can your care provider check your levels just in case?

WEIGHT- DD1 started in the 99% for height and weight and has stayed there since birth. DD2 started in the 99% for height and weight and fell completely off the charts during her first year. Every visit she was a bit further down the charts. Our family practice dr was ok with it (telling us she'd be concerned if dd2 didn't find a curve by a year) since dd2 was hitting milestones and seemed healthy/nursed a lot. At a year she was on the charts at aruond 10% for weight and 40% for height. And she has stayed around that... 10-15% weight, 40-50% height. She's tiny, but healthy. DS looks like he'll follow dd1's footsteps, but who knows?

Breastfed kiddos often start high on the charts then "even out" around 6 months. So, yeah, another vote for "don't worry".

WEATHER- between 1.5 and 2 feet of snow, with more falling. w00t!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#379 of 653 Old 02-27-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Jules weight gain has been really slow. I am concerned about him. He just really doesn't like to nurse. I have to stay home with him, and never go anywhere. He totally refuses to nurse in public. So I have decided to feed him more solids and he is crazy about eating now, and I am starting to see a little chunk on him finally.
Olivine is the same way. She will not nurse if there is ANY stimulation (this started between 3-4mo). If I'm out and she needs to eat I will try to find a dark room and stand with her while she nurses. She won't even nurse at home if anything is going on and she's the only baby I've ever seen that doesn't comfort nurse.. However, she does nurse right before each nap and several times at night, so I know she's getting plenty. She also loves to eat solid food and has a pretty good pincher grasp now.

Here's a video of her trying so hard to stand up.. She's persistent!

CLICK

#380 of 653 Old 02-27-2010, 02:12 PM

awwww! cute!

DS is the first of my babes who will let me use the ergo "cover" while nursing. DD1 and DD2 both wanted to nurse while out, but both wanted to see everything. So both would clamp down on the nipple, whip their head to the side (ouch!), and eventually pull off and I'd spray the world with milk. But if I tried to put the nipple away man, were they not amused!

My "best" (worst?) NIP moment was when dd1 popped off to watch a group of boy scouts... I sprayed a whole troup of 10-12 year olds! Ack!

I did a lot of car nursing and tried to nurse before going out.

#381 of 653 Old 02-27-2010, 09:52 PM

Mine will only nurse in bed now- and there cannot be anyone in the room, no sounds, no distractions of any kind. It makes it very difficult to go out because he refuses to nurse anywhere but laying down in bed (side lying). Anyone else go through this?
#382 of 653 Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 PM

ds will only nurse in the recliner in the nursery we're leaving for vacation tomorrow and I'm worried he's going to go on a nursing strike or something. sometimes I can get him to nurse in the car. I was prepared to nip all over the place but he refuses!

mamab I hope your foot heals quickly
#383 of 653 Old 02-28-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
ds will only nurse in the recliner in the nursery we're leaving for vacation tomorrow and I'm worried he's going to go on a nursing strike or something. sometimes I can get him to nurse in the car. I was prepared to nip all over the place but he refuses!
He used to nurse pretty much anywhere. Then slowly he started refusing certain places. First he refused to at the computer. Then he started refusing while on the couch. Then he wouldn't in the store anymore. Now he won't even let me nurse him sitting on the bed- I have to be laying on my side. I hope this is a phase! He is nursing every hour still... so this means we can't go anywhere!
#384 of 653 Old 02-28-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:

I've spent a lot of time as a mom not being able to walk. It's really hard! Once I got out of a wheelchair- I never did use crutches at home- I hopped everywhere on my good leg, and just spent a lot of time trying to entertain my toddler while sitting. It's challenging but you'll get it

Just think... each day is one day closer to the bone healing completely
#385 of 653 Old 02-28-2010, 03:09 AM

Can I just ask you wise mamas about vaccines? I don't necessarily mean which ones to get/ which not to get, and I don't really want to start any big philosophical arguments.

Sol is 6 months old and has not yet had any vaccines. We have been researching each vaccine individually. I guess my question is more about the decision making process surrounding things like vaccines. Everyone I know IRL follows the standard vaccine schedule. I know you have all at least thought about this issue so I want your opinions. How do you sort through all the research? What sources of research do you trust? Do you have any books/websites that you found helpful in your search? Will you think I'm nutter if I don't give my son any vaccines (just kidding)? We have (obviously) already decided that the standard schedule is not for us. If you have made a similar decision: how do you explain your choice to other mainstream mamas/ family members?

I am just sort of overwhelmed by the weight of this decision and the pressure of (well meaning) family and friends who are concerned for ds's health.

TIA!

PS- I love looking at all your baby photos/videos... SO CUTE!

Alissa: married to dh since 05/2006 and mama to Solomon (08/2009) and Ezra (04/2012).

#386 of 653 Old 02-28-2010, 03:56 AM

Ali, have you looked at the vaccination forum here?
#387 of 653 Old 02-28-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingAnonymous View Post
Mine will only nurse in bed now- and there cannot be anyone in the room, no sounds, no distractions of any kind. It makes it very difficult to go out because he refuses to nurse anywhere but laying down in bed (side lying). Anyone else go through this?
Yup, I'm with you! Olivine will only nurse in bed or in a dark room while I stand up and hold her. Other people have commented that their babies would nurse in the car.. Ha ha.. Didn't you know, there's shiny buttons and knobs in the car! However, Olivine only nurses every 3 hours during the day and it's usually right before a nap. She will go longer if we're out of the house, sometimes 4-5 hours if I can't find a dark place to nurse her..

It is a faze, once the novelty of the world wears off they'll eat again. My son did the same thing between 7-9mo (which is when I hear of some babies "weaning themselves") and then he went back to nursing where ever.. Olivine started all of this much earlier than my DS (3mo), but I suspect she'll settle down eventually.

#388 of 653 Old 02-28-2010, 10:30 PM

I am lucky so far as Jackson will nurse where ever, whenever. In the car he is a bit more distracted, but if I threaten to put it away, he is johnny on the spot nursing. Jackson and I are flying to Canada on Friday to visit my sister and her family for 10 days so I am hoping that he will nurse in the plane without popping on and off 100 times. I am sure he will be more easily distracted by his cousins 5&7, but hopefully he will still nurse like a champ.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#389 of 653 Old 03-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Hey Ladies - miss you. I havn't checked in in ages

I'm in a big social black hole these days anyways.
Wombat thanks for mentioning the Thyroid thing, I might look into it. My hair loss has been kinda so long and on going, its gross. It is turning up everywhere, reminds me of when we had a long haired dog.
Cora is awesome. I had a bad 1st ped visit - just didn't like the tone, or all the sick kids sitting in the unsick section of the lobby. I keep meaning to set up a new ped but haven't. Cora is a hair over 17 lbs, and was a beautiful chunker of a kid, still is, has the cutest big butt. I have no idea what percentile she is cause we just don't go.
We are doing the baby led food introduciton thing here, and as she appears interested in foods I am sharing with her. Pears, apples, tastes of sauces and homemade pastries.
She is a pro in her walker, has just started comando crawling and sits up pretty well, but still falls over.
She nurses really well, has a crazy strong latch. She is getting more distractable all the time, definately like trying to nurse a 6 mo old. As long as I nurse her before we leave the house mostouting are uneventful which is nice.
Older Brother is doing pretty well with it, but is all "look at me look at me" which makes me nuts, and TV is the only known cure.

Last night she cried on and off all night which is really rare, I'm thinking teething or getting ready to conquer the crawl... teething tablet and tylenol didn't really do it so it might just be an emotional thing... she had to sleep on me, with me propped up. Very odd and it kinda sucked because it was the first night in a long time I was trying really hard to get more sleep and go to bed at bed time.

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#390 of 653 Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingAnonymous View Post
I've spent a lot of time as a mom not being able to walk. It's really hard! Once I got out of a wheelchair- I never did use crutches at home- I hopped everywhere on my good leg, and just spent a lot of time trying to entertain my toddler while sitting. It's challenging but you'll get it

Just think... each day is one day closer to the bone healing completely
Yeah! I do think I'm starting to feel some improvement. And I do think it's kind of wimpy of me to complain about this when it is such a brief problem, really. OTOH, mamas who are wheelchair users or use crutches have their whole lives set up to accommodate and their kids are acclimated to this . . .

I'm theoretically allowed to put some weight on it now, but it doesn't feel like a good idea to me yet. Maybe in another few days . . .

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page