August 2009 Mamas & Little Babies! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 653 Old 04-25-2010, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
Ok, a question... is/has anyone else ever had periods come & go while breastfeeding?? As some of you likely remember, I had a period at 8wks pp... and then nothing. And then on march 24, I had a period. And now its April 24 - 31 days later - and nothing. And I'm getting worried/freaking out slightly. I've been naseus the last couple days, especialy in the morning, and I'm getting really worried. DH finally noticed and I told hiim that, and his response was "You can't be pregnant. Your not allowed." We've been using condoms religiously since ds2 was born, so I don't *think* I'm pregnant. I sure hope not... but these stupid periods are just freaking me out!! Anyone btdt???
It's really common for women to bleed at 8w pp, but it isn't an actual period. It's called the 8 week bleed and is really just the very end of your pp bleeding.

Anyway, it sounds like your cycle may have actually come back in March, but again, it's really common for things to change pp. After I had my first baby my cycle changed from 44 days to 33 days, it was completely different. If you're worried take a test, but it sounds to me like you're probably not pregnant. Give your body a little time, it's still adjusting.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#482 of 653 Old 04-25-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperCait View Post
Hey all, DDC crashing from September 09 & I didn't read back through the thread:

Has anyone heard from Kristen & the Quadruplets lately?
Who? I don't remember anyone having quadruplets in our DDC.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#483 of 653 Old 04-25-2010, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH used to joke that I took a test every time we DTD. But he wasn't really kidding

What with broken bones, I haven't really had to worry about it yet. But I probably should get one of those multi-packs (I didn't know they were on Amazon!)

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#484 of 653 Old 04-25-2010, 04:51 PM

I don't either.

*edit* OOPS... in reference to the quadruplets.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#485 of 653 Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 PM

Peace of mind, hpt style (here).

What really amuses me is that you can get it gift wrapped. But anyway, at 12 dollars for 50 hpt (and free shipping if you have Prime or have a larger order) it's hard to beat and removes any "guilt" about spending money on "just in case" testing.

I generally test once a month or before doing something that would impact a pregnancy (like a detox, or taking medications)... my cycles are SO erratic anyway testing is just a habit I got into.

Oh, there's a book called "The Infertility Cure". It's a book written from a blend of western and chinese traditional medicine intended to help women who are TTC. But it's a fantastic book for anyone who is cycling since it provides dietary ideas and supplemental ideas for regulating your cycles. The goal of the book is a healthy pregnancy, but it's really just an excellent health guide for any women. DH worried a bit the day I brought it home (long before we TTC our first) but once he flipped through it he could see the general application. Less PMS, more regular cycles, etc.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#486 of 653 Old 04-25-2010, 11:25 PM

Does anybody remember a website that had a good bra fitter and sold nursing bras???

I thought I got it from our DDC but I went through the archives and can't find it . . .

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#487 of 653 Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
Does anybody remember a website that had a good bra fitter and sold nursing bras???

I thought I got it from our DDC but I went through the archives and can't find it . . .
I don't know if this is the one you're looking for but I've had great luck with this site.

I too am having really wacky periods -- like heavier than my PP bleeding. I don't know if this is just a post pregnancy adjustment or whether it has to do with my IUD.

Had a horrible week here -- pretty sure I'm on my ped's worst mothers ever list. We discovered that Lyra is allergic to peanuts (scary).. she ate a fistful of her own poo (after smearing it all over a wall and window).. we tumbled down the stairs together.. bad week.

Is anyone else having allergy issues?
#488 of 653 Old 04-27-2010, 07:13 PM

if you have a copper iud they are known for making periods heavier.
#489 of 653 Old 04-27-2010, 07:48 PM

So, AF finally showed up yesterday Part of me is slightly sad... most of me is way relieved I'm still having nasuea/upset stomach though, so I suppose I just have some sort of mild stomach bug or whatever. Ugh.
#490 of 653 Old 04-28-2010, 01:52 PM

balcony- ack! I'm glad the allergic reaction ended ok. And lol for the poo... I've been "lucky" that no one has eaten their own poo, but I have to admit the older two have eaten someone else's poo at least once each and I'm sure ds will give it a try too. My mom used to talk about the time my brother stuffed himself full of dog poo1 Ick! Just hang in there... just a weeks or two ago was our 3rd? 4th! ER visit in as many weeks. The girls were actually asking to go to the ER so they could watch tv. Not exactly a gold star mommy moment, but it happens. I hope your week of woe is al,most done!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#491 of 653 Old 04-28-2010, 02:02 PM

:Puke

#492 of 653 Old 04-30-2010, 02:24 PM

I sure hope that my little one does not eat his own poop. Ewww. He has a double eye infection calls Blepharitis right now. I am hoping that the drops clear it up quick and that it doesn't return. When we went to the Dr he weighed almost 26 pounds, and is wearing 18-24 month shirts and 12 month pants. I think he is going to be broad shouldered just like his dad. I also have to buy shirts that have snaps, zippers, or buttons because if I don't I can't get the things over his head.

AFM- I am still having hot flashes daily and AF comes every 16-18 days. I feel like my hormones hate me. My RE says that once I stop breastfeeding that they should return to normal which for me is every 23-25 days.

Hopefully Spring has sprung for everyone and you are enjoying the beautiful crazy weather we have been having.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#493 of 653 Old 04-30-2010, 04:11 PM

This is the book I used to help regulate my cycle... I often see it at booksales so libraries probably have copies too. Ignoring the "fertility" aspect, it's a good guide for regulating/normalizing cycles using diet and supplements.

#494 of 653 Old 05-01-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

I just found out I have a job interview in a week and a half - I MUST GET SOME CLOTHES THAT FIT! None of my clothes really fit well and I hardly have any, anyway. I have hit my major weight loss period of breastfeeding (I call it the "that was good . . . let me eat it again" phase where I am hungry all the time and losing weight anyway.) Gah. I hate shopping on principle and I especially hate it with kids in tow (even my sweet DD).

But I'm pleased to have the interview :-)

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#495 of 653 Old 05-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Good luck with both the shopping and the interview! Can you do a "shopping playdate"? Every few weeks I meet a friend at the mall and we do any shopping that is made easier by having an extra adult. It's nice to catch up, the kids are often better behaved because they have playmates built in, there's another adult so you can "solo" in the dressing room, you have to shop anyway, etc. We generally add a coffee and a visit to the bookstore and it ends up feeling fun.

Fingers crossed for you!

#496 of 653 Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 PM

: mamab!
#497 of 653 Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind wishes . . . and if only my DSs could be convinced that "shopping" and "playdate" coexist in the same universe

Up at 1:30 AM - sick baby is asleep w/tylenol (generic!) onboard, but mama is still wide awake . . .

#498 of 653 Old 05-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabeakley View Post
I just found out I have a job interview in a week and a half - I MUST GET SOME CLOTHES THAT FIT! None of my clothes really fit well and I hardly have any, anyway. I have hit my major weight loss period of breastfeeding (I call it the "that was good . . . let me eat it again" phase where I am hungry all the time and losing weight anyway.) Gah. I hate shopping on principle and I especially hate it with kids in tow (even my sweet DD).

But I'm pleased to have the interview :-)
Good luck with the shopping & interview! I start teaching my once-a-year class tomorrow, and I'm concerned that I might not have enough stuff to wear that fits... Ugh.

Aaaand - I took a pregnancy test this morning - that was bfn - which is fine with me. I guess I'm still in the pp weirdness b/c I'm on day like 35 and still no AF. Hmmm. We are certainly not TTC, but not being really careful about TTA either. Oh well, we'll take whatever comes.

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#499 of 653 Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Mama View Post
Aaaand - I took a pregnancy test this morning - that was bfn - which is fine with me. I guess I'm still in the pp weirdness b/c I'm on day like 35 and still no AF. Hmmm. We are certainly not TTC, but not being really careful about TTA either. Oh well, we'll take whatever comes.
What the heck? So still no AF and I'm on day 37 now I think... so I took another test this a.m. Now, I remember hearing that the dollar store preg tests are just as good as more expensive brands so I picked up two the other day. And this morning, as I was opening the package, I happened to notice in fine print that it said something like "for in vitro diagnostic only". What the heck? These people are messing with my mind! Now we use NFP and while we were sort of TTA, we weren't being really careful and haven't even been temping, but I still wanna know if I might be pregnant! I guess I'll ask hubby to pick up a new test on the way home from work.

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#500 of 653 Old 05-05-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Mama View Post
What the heck? So still no AF and I'm on day 37 now I think... so I took another test this a.m. Now, I remember hearing that the dollar store preg tests are just as good as more expensive brands so I picked up two the other day. And this morning, as I was opening the package, I happened to notice in fine print that it said something like "for in vitro diagnostic only". What the heck? These people are messing with my mind! Now we use NFP and while we were sort of TTA, we weren't being really careful and haven't even been temping, but I still wanna know if I might be pregnant! I guess I'll ask hubby to pick up a new test on the way home from work.
in vitro just means "within womb" or to see if there is an embryo (fetus? what is it called that early) is within the womb. That's what all the pee on a stick tests diagnose.
Does this make sense?
#501 of 653 Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 PM

: ( in vitro actually means 'in glass' as opposed to in vivo 'in life' but the idea is right) here's more info - almost all lab tests are in vitro diagnostics

Wyatt is saying mama! just in time for mother's day he was 8 months old yesterday. last week he signed milk for the first time and has been doing it since. I'm kind of surprised he is saying mama to mean me already, and I wasn't sure that he was actually using it to mean mama. he's calling for me when I go into the other room and looking at me and saying it, so I guess (hope?) he means me
#502 of 653 Old 05-06-2010, 12:13 AM

Amanda, that is fantastic and ever so sweet!!!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#503 of 653 Old 05-06-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
Wyatt is saying mama! just in time for mother's day he was 8 months old yesterday. last week he signed milk for the first time and has been doing it since. I'm kind of surprised he is saying mama to mean me already, and I wasn't sure that he was actually using it to mean mama. he's calling for me when I go into the other room and looking at me and saying it, so I guess (hope?) he means me
Cute, cute, cute!!

Jules says mama, but I am not always sure he means me, and is just making sounds. He does that with dadada too. He does say boo boo short for booby milk though.
So nice when you know you baby really knows what they are saying.

He is now a heavy walker, walking more than crawling now. Still falls a lot and got a big 'ol dent on his forehead yesterday by running across the room and didn't know how to stop.

Any babies NOT have teeth yet? Is jules the only one? We keep waiting and nothing. How long is this teething thing going to go on for.
#504 of 653 Old 05-06-2010, 09:45 AM

yarg! I'm still not 100% that Wy DOES mean me or if he's making noise. maybe I just want him to mean me so much that I'm applying it who knows, I already wrote it in the baby book so it's a fact now

Wyatt doesn't have any teeth yet. My mom says I didn't have any teeth until almost a year and then got them in a weird pattern (outside teeth first?) so I'm not holding my breath for him to get teeth any time soon. he only recently started exhibiting teething behaviors, drooling, chewing, etc., but his gums are not swollen and I don't feel any sharp bumps.
#505 of 653 Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Olivine is another baby that can say mama when prompted, but doesn't really seem to do it with any direction. She also says boo and gaa, but she still doesn't make the 'd' sound. My guess is that she's about 1-2 weeks away from walking. She can walk with only one hand to support her while she goes and can balance alone for 1-2 seconds. She's also getting really good at cruising and can make it suprisingly far for a baby that doesn't crawl. Her 9mo (almost) stats are below..

18.5lbs
28" long
6 teeth
She wears 9mo clothes
Eats just about anything
Loves to feed other people
Waves
Can point to other people's noses and almost knows where the ears are too

#506 of 653 Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 PM

Hi Everyone,
Sounds like the babies are learning how to do so much. Kat (DD2) is 9 months old, has two teeth, weights 16 lbs, says mamamamamama, and dadadadadadada, and bababababa. She crawls and crusises, and yesterday she stood up by herself several times. :-)
She only eats applesauce, banannas, cheerios, and food off the floor.
Have a great day!
~maddymama
#507 of 653 Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 PM

I find it amazing how much they discover at this age. Jackson is army crawling still, but he can get around very fast doing that. He is also into opening and closing anything that opens and closes. He will do it for hours if we let him. Hey just got over a nasty double eye infection. His stats are:

25.8lbs
30in long
18-24 month shirts
12 month pants
Will eat anything we are having..but loves broccoli.

Hopefully spring has sprung for everyone, and we can all enjoy the beautiful weather.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#508 of 653 Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Let's see:

DD was 19.25 lbs on her 9 mo birthday. I don't know how long she is, though.
She crawls, cruises, pulls up, but I would guess is still a ways from walking, since she isn't standing alone or 'walking' with one hand yet.
She likes food of all sorts, but especially beans.
Yesterday I think she said "Buh" for boobs, but I could be wrong. She's not really gotten the "m" sound yet. But in my experience, "Mama" means "do what I want right now" for a long time before it means me ! She was having fun waving and saying "buh, buh" earlier today though.
No teeth yet! And she's very cautious about people.

#509 of 653 Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Another super-mobile baby here. At her 9 month check-up last week, Lyra was:

16.5 pounds
26"
Loves to eat all kinds of food, especially hummus on toast
Babbles like crazy, including dadadada blablabla umalumalum (no idea what that is!)
Is crawling, cruising, and standing for a second or two on her own
No teeth
Wears mostly 6 month clothes

I'm always amazed at how one day she can't do something and the next day, out of the blue, she does it.
#510 of 653 Old 05-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Happpy mother's day all!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page