August 2009 Mamas & Little Babies! - Page 22 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#631 of 653 Old 07-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
happy birthday!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#632 of 653 Old 07-30-2010, 04:31 PM

I am glad to hear that my boy isn't just a wild odd one. He is so naughty, but one thing he does do is if he is bad is I tell him to go to time out and he runs to the time out chair and sits in it for a good while. Got to go, he is pushing the plug in carbon monoxide tester, SO LOUD! Ack!!
#633 of 653 Old 07-31-2010, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddymama View Post
I gotta say, though, that my #1 was crazy, and she's a girl. She slept maybe 4 hours in a 24 hour period for the first year, was on the move constantly, into everything, etc. I'd say it's more the temperment they are born with than anything else... DD2 was just born a calmer baby (who sleeps)...........
Maddymama, my two boys were VERY different from each other, too - DS1 is definitely high needs, and DS2 is much more "normal", slept better, calmer, etc. But there is, I can report, something almost indefinably different about DD, which is not, I think, ONLY personality, although I agree that in general, any individual baby will be more determined by temperament than gender.

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#634 of 653 Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 PM

happy birthday august babies
#635 of 653 Old 08-16-2010, 02:06 PM

Hey Mama's... how has everyone been lately? I miss seeing everyone's pictures!

Cavan turned one yesterday but we had his birthday party the week before. He had a blast! Hope everyone is doing well

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#636 of 653 Old 08-16-2010, 02:36 PM

Super cute, Coconut!!! I was just wondering how your party turned out- after seeing the pre pics in the thread about what to do for one year old's b-day party a couple of weeks ago. Looks like it turned out fantastic. I can't wait for Ryden's on sunday.
and in the pic where Cavan is coming out of the tunnel, he looks just like your husband... right?

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#637 of 653 Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 PM

Hey mamas! I haven't been around too much - life has been busy. My dad just passed away on Santiago's first birthday after battling cancer for a while... it's been a tough but special week. We did get some pics of on his bday, in the morning, opening up presents. Then we got the call about my dad drove to be with the family. Later that day, we all celebrated life, both my baby and my dad, and ate chocolate cake, which Santiago didn't actually like!
In the midst of everything, I feel very blessed. Santiago is a great baby, smiles a lot and brings us a lot of joy! He was also a real joy to my dad as he got sicker and brought us all a lot of consolation. I called him "my little therapy baby".

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#638 of 653 Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 PM

Michigan Mama,
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Hugs in such a sad time. I hope having the ability to say good bye to your father and knowing he is at peace is a comfort to you.
Santiago is such a cutie!
~maddymama
#639 of 653 Old 08-17-2010, 02:30 AM

Hi there, just thought I'd join this thread - only just joined MDC, so hope that's ok. My DS2 had his first birthday on Sunday. He's still just trying to crawl (bum shuffles mostly) and isn't walking yet. He had his first haircut yesterday - I nearly cried! I reckon this is such an adorable age - so many changes happening and so much discovery.
#640 of 653 Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 AM

Welcome Lyrebird!

Hey everyone! I have not posted here in a whole year! Everything is going well. Amelia was COLICKEY for her first 6 months, then started eating and was fine. I KNEW i should have started feeding her earlier. She is awesome though-a little firecracker. Started walking at 9 months and now at 11 months is running, climbing, she can go up a little playskool slide stairs and slide down-she can even ride her big brother's scooter!

Enough bragging, I love her to say the least. Here is a recent photo. She has a black eye in it!

Anyways, my mom wants to get her a bday gift for around $50. Any suggestions? She loves to ride on things and push things... I thought maybe you guys would have some suggestions. I prefer natural or wooden toys, but plastic would be ok too.

Thanks!
#641 of 653 Old 08-18-2010, 02:20 AM

Welcome Lyrebird. Hugs to you, Christina, so sorry about your dad.

I haven't been posting much but do check in when someone posts.

Here is Silas, eating his birthday carrot cake. He turned one today!

Eating cake

Spring Sun, I went crazy looking for ride-on toys for his Bday. I did end up buying a plastic one b/c they were the best for a 1 year old in terms of height and ease of use. He loves it- really LOVES it.
I saw a few wooden ones but they were all for kids a bit older, or too bulky, or too modern (i.e. no storage seat, etc.)
The plastic ones with the handle in the back and the lift up seats are great for sitting on, pushing, practicing putting things in.
Every kid I know who has one has loved theirs for years. So I gave in to the plastic!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#642 of 653 Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Hi mamas! It's been wayyy too long since I've been in here, like at least 7 months I think. If I'm online I'm usually on facebook, haha. Anyway, I wanted to pop in here and announce that my Meadow Lucia is one today! And I'm wondering if I will make it through the day without crying....I don't want her to get any older! She has been the most precious, sweet, easygoing, loveable baby I have ever seen....except for when she's biting me, that is. Do we have any other biters in here? She has been biting me while at the breast for a good 2 months now, and it's made me more than entertain the thought of weaning. I *think* I know what the problem is though, she is just so busy right now with trying to learn how to walk, that when I wear her around the house in the Ergo at first she wants to nurse b/c, well, she's right there, but then she quickly gets tired of it and wants to get down and explore. I'm guessing that's why, anyway. And I feel like I have to wear her a lot because it's kinda hard to contain her in the downstairs part of the house - it's like one big, spread out room with stairs that she is always trying to get to, and it's also not always as easy to keep it as clean as it needs to be...but anyway, we are moving to a new house in a little less than a month, and I'm hoping that will solve the biting problem because that layout will be much easier to keep up with.

Anyway, here are some pics from the last few months:

About 8 months here
On vacation in Florida, 9 months
11 months

And I'll try to post a cake face pic later.

Congrats to the pregnant mamas! I know of two, Sarah and...Amanda, I think? I've been told there are more though. Hope everything is going smoothly for you ladies.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#643 of 653 Old 08-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Tor's bday is sunday... we don't have anything planned. I remember with dd1 we planned for weeks, with dd2 we planned for a few days... and now I actually forgot a bit that it was this weekend.

Actually, I sort of thought of our Pennsic camping trip as "his celebration" so it's not as bad as it sounds.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed this week though. Gotta pull myself together!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#644 of 653 Old 08-18-2010, 01:41 PM

we have one of those plastic walking/push/ride on things too - playskool makes it. I am amazed at how much he likes it.

I have a biter too it has really put a strain on our nursing relationship. he doesn't even have top teeth yet but has drawn blood.
#645 of 653 Old 08-18-2010, 03:09 PM

Seriously? Sarah and Amanda are pregnant!! Wow, good for you! I would personally be crazy if I were pregnant again, but I know you two are perfect to have your next baby already!

We got this push toy:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...CCEQ8wIwAzgA#p
Looks cute and it wooden, I will let you know how she likes it!
#646 of 653 Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Stacey BoiKido is a great brand... we have a few toys from them and they are solid.

We got this push toy for Cavan and he loves it!

#647 of 653 Old 08-19-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Seriously? Sarah and Amanda are pregnant!! Wow, good for you! I would personally be crazy if I were pregnant again, but I know you two are perfect to have your next baby already!

We got this push toy:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...CCEQ8wIwAzgA#p
Looks cute and it wooden, I will let you know how she likes it!
Hmm...well, I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag! I was told to check the thread because there were a couple of more pregnant mamas in here, so I kinda assumed everyone had told already.

And I LOVE the looks of that push toy! Please let us know how you guys like it - we haven't gotten one for Meadow yet. She's pulling up and taking steps while holding on, but not walking on her own yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
I have a biter too it has really put a strain on our nursing relationship. he doesn't even have top teeth yet but has drawn blood.
Ooooo - no blood over here yet. I could have sworn there would be a few different times. I thought that I had found a solution with closing her nostrils for a second so that she had to open her mouth to breathe..she stopped biting me for about 3 days after I did that, and then started again. Maybe you could try that? I find it hard to do because it seems like I am always doing something else while I'm nursing her in the Ergo. So if I have my hands full and she bites, I have to put whatever it is I'm holding down, then move quickly enough to get to her nose, but by that time I'm already screaming in pain and going: "Nooooo!" It's caused me to yell at her much sooner than I ever thought I would. But she wasn't even bothered by it. Sigh...I feel your pain mama.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#648 of 653 Old 08-20-2010, 04:08 PM

I forgot... pictures from Pennsic here.

Tor had his first big "bump" today... he just throws himself off things, and loves slamming into things, and does a very human bouncy ball routine... and today I was a half second too slow. He threw himself off the couch face/head first and crunched. I think he jiggled a tooth loose (blood in mouth) or bit his tongue but he nursed and is ok. Just bumped up looking. I remember the girls going through a similar "smashy smashy high risk phase" but this is off the charts! And dh will be out of town till Sunday so.... ack!

We went to the cool mama thrift store and got a few goodies for Tor... a little tykes toolbench, a penguin-on-a-stick toy (push the stick and the penguin "walks", and the wings wobbled), a giant dumptruck, a pair of rainboots, a few books, and a few "cooler weather" shirts. We're thinking we'll go out to dinner maybe when dh gets home, then invite grandparents over for a bonfire Sunday night.

Riding/pushing toys- we have a radio flyer "rocket ship" that you can ride and Tor loves it. He also pushes it though it's not intended as a walk/push toy. The seat lifts up to expose a "secret compartment" and he has a blast putting things in/taking them out. The girls like it too so it's a toy with staying power. In fact, it's another toy that came to us "pre-loved" and it's holding up great so it's pretty sturdy.

#649 of 653 Old 08-22-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

DD is in the "perpetual face boo-boo" phase. She's much less wild than her brothers were, but I find there is a certain stage of learning to walk that just involves falling flat on your face or bumping your head a number of times. Last week she was walking holding my finger twice and slipped and fell on concrete. She doesn't want me to hold her wrist, of course. Also, she's been having "fits" when she's tired and in teething pain - she lies down (carefully) on the floor and then rolls around until she hits her head on something (furniture, my foot, a toy), cries and cries, and then is able to let me nurse her to sleep or comfort. Except that she's getting a little hurt, it's really cute.

DH is home from a 10 day business trip

I started my new job, which I like, and we are "commuting" 3-4 nights a week to stay at my mom's house 180 miles away from our house until we can sell it or are allowed to rent it or SOMETHING. Aii!

One thing I'm really grateful for is that my BFF just moved to the area where our house is (well, a 40 minute drive away, but she's lived a 12 hour drive away for the past 12 years). So we're enjoying getting to spend some time with her!

Hope everyone's end of summer is going well!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#650 of 653 Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 PM

Totally adorable baby pics mamas!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#651 of 653 Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 AM

A few pics of Cavan:

With daddy

Sandy

Covered in sand!

Eating limes

#652 of 653 Old 08-31-2010, 12:05 PM

coconut,
I love the san pic!!!!
~maddymama
#653 of 653 Old 09-06-2010, 10:54 AM

Wow! I haven't checked in here for a long time. Life has been very busy since we bought our first house in March

My little Emma is so fun, she squeals when someone she knows walks in the room, and throws back her little head, sqints her eyes and laughs so you can see her one lonely bottom tooth! It's hilarious to watch, it cracks me up.

And she isn't walking yet, she isn't interested. She is sticking to her military style crawling which she has pretty much perfected so she can go FAST!

She is still teeny and is finally getting another top tooth as of 2 days ago! Her birthday was fun, I made a tiny round chocolate cake for her and I piped whipped cream all over it and topped it wirth raspberries. Of course like the dainty girl she is, she picked the raspberries off the top one by one before eating the cake, and she didn't even grab a chunk of cake out with her hand for like 10 minutes...

I'll post a few pics when I load them onto a site later : )

Emmy's hair is so crazy it thick just like mine but a couple shades lighter and is all over the place, but it is adorable none the less!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page