August 2009 Mamas & Little Babies! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 653 Old 12-19-2009, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Exactly why my mattress in on the floor.
I would lov it if my mattress in up more, but I may only go up no more than 6 inches too. Now getting dh to build me one...
I measured it today. It's 5 inches off the floor which is perfect for us. I love our platform bed. When we bought it almost 2 years ago we had cosleeping in mind. We had originally planned on building one but we got this one at such a discount we decided to buy instead. There are lots of great plans online. Tell your DH they are really easy to build. Ours is slatted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
She's also talking up a storm, we're getting ma, ba, ahhh, ohhh, and neh sounds.
Awww she's a cutiepie. Hope she gets comfortable taking a bottle for you... it has been so great leaving Cavan occasionally with family while Brent and I get alone time.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#182 of 653 Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Olivine sitting up at 4 months

This was taken almost a week ago, she gets better at it everyday. Of course she can't get herself into a sitting position, but she can hold it!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#183 of 653 Old 12-19-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Olivine sitting up at 4 months

This was taken almost a week ago, she gets better at it everyday. Of course she can't get herself into a sitting position, but she can hold it!
Wow! Sitting up. Jules falls over every time. But during tummy time, he gets all over the floor.

So I saw your other youtube videos, and my dh and I couldn't stop taughing at the video of your son learning the planets.
#184 of 653 Old 12-19-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Wow! Sitting up. Jules falls over every time. But during tummy time, he gets all over the floor.

So I saw your other youtube videos, and my dh and I couldn't stop taughing at the video of your son learning the planets.
Thanks, I couldn't believe that I was able to get that on video. We were all laughing so hard (yet trying not to) that I almost forgot to get the camera out and catch it.. For all of you that want to laugh.. CLICK

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#185 of 653 Old 12-21-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I couldn't believe that I was able to get that on video. We were all laughing so hard (yet trying not to) that I almost forgot to get the camera out and catch it.. For all of you that want to laugh.. CLICK
That was really funny! And what a strong girl you have sitting up all by herself!

Mom to K and R

#186 of 653 Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Here's Olivine in her Washpod at exactly 4 months old.. She was having so much fun splashing, she pretty much soaked the whole bathroom, ha ha.. It says that it's for 0-6mo, but I think that we'll keep using it until she can pull herself to a stand or tries to climb out. It works so well and is a lot safer than trying to bath her in the big tub.

Bathtime!
That was sweet. i need to get one of those!

Mom to K and R

#187 of 653 Old 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM

Revenge of the tummy bug. So far ds and dd2 are immune, but DH, dd1, and I are....well... a mess may be generous. It's one of those "sit on the toilet with a bucket" type deals and dd1 usually misses one end of the other.

I am sooooooo sick. And today is Solstice (major holiday in our faith). So dh and I swapped the lead in terms of gift opening... one parent in bathroom, one in living room.

Tor really loves his gifts, but the super expensive vulli teether has to go back... the water in the "sterile ring" has little lumpy "floaters". One actually looks like a small bug! He loves the teether though, so I guess the exchange will be worth it,

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#188 of 653 Old 12-21-2009, 08:08 PM

Soo.... DH complains that our LO won't take longer naps during the day (usually just half an hour) while I'm at work. He also tells me that he holds DS for naps and sometimes naps too. I was perplexed because on the weekend DS naps for 1-2 hours for me. This weekend DH was holding DS for a nap while I worked on the computer. DH started snoring really loud (he wears a cpap machine to bed so he doesn't snore at night), and let out a even louder snort that woke DS. DS almost started crying, but then decided to just be awake and woke up DH with his wiggling. Mystery solved

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#189 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 01:11 AM

My little monkey's bottom two teeth cut through last week, and boy, are they cute!! He was a little fussier, but nothing to write home about. He is such a super trooper! Also, he saw his first carousel today and got all stiff-spasmy like babies do when they are over-stimming a bit... it was really cute.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#190 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshynbaby View Post
Soo.... DH complains that our LO won't take longer naps during the day (usually just half an hour) while I'm at work. He also tells me that he holds DS for naps and sometimes naps too. I was perplexed because on the weekend DS naps for 1-2 hours for me. This weekend DH was holding DS for a nap while I worked on the computer. DH started snoring really loud (he wears a cpap machine to bed so he doesn't snore at night), and let out a even louder snort that woke DS. DS almost started crying, but then decided to just be awake and woke up DH with his wiggling. Mystery solved

#191 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
dh has woken ds in the night by snoring! funny looking back but in the moment I was seriously angry
#192 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 04:39 AM

I've been soooo out of the loop! I just caught up on our thread and have enjoyed reading about everyone's happenings.

All of the pictures of your babies are just so darn adorable. Maybe someday I'll get something up of my kiddos...or figure out how to link to Facebook.

To those of you going through tuff times. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Life can really throw ringers at us and this is not an easy time of year to deal.

Hopefully I will be able to chime in more often!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#193 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post
My little monkey's bottom two teeth cut through last week, and boy, are they cute!! He was a little fussier, but nothing to write home about. He is such a super trooper! Also, he saw his first carousel today and got all stiff-spasmy like babies do when they are over-stimming a bit... it was really cute.
Teeth already!? I really think that my little guy is teething but I am not holding my breath, since my dd didn't get teeth till she was a year. Any pics?
#194 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Wombat, I'm sorry about your Solstice! I hope it's a short lived bug and you're all through it soon.

Teeth - DD is obviously working on it (drool, chew, drool, repeat!) but it usually takes my babies a while.

Slimkins, DD has been doing that "overstim" shaking a lot lately - it's very cute! She is overwhelmed by all the things she wants to grab and then when she has grabbed something, by putting it in her mouth . . . I think we got her perfect gifts for the holidays.

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#195 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Love it!

Teeth already!? I really think that my little guy is teething but I am not holding my breath, since my dd didn't get teeth till she was a year. Any pics?
Ok, here is a couple. Not the easiest pic to take, but you get the idea....

one
two
three

he must take after his daddy, because I still actually have a baby tooth. I'm sure mine didn't come in this early

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#196 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 03:42 PM

We're feeling a bit better today, at least the toast and advil is staying down!

Those teeth are adorable! DD1 had her first tooth at 4 months but dd2 didn't have teeth till almost a year. I can tell ds is teething but don't know which sib he'll take after more.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#197 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post
Ok, here is a couple. Not the easiest pic to take, but you get the idea....

one
two
three

he must take after his daddy, because I still actually have a baby tooth. I'm sure mine didn't come in this early
Cute!! I just want to pinch his cheeks!
#198 of 653 Old 12-22-2009, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Um . . . I'm mostly posting cause I want to see my new advertising signature again .

But I'm glad you & yours are doing better, Wombat!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#199 of 653 Old 12-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Banned

OMG I am going out of my mind. My baby has been fussing for like, a week straight, at least. I am so incredibly exhausted not to mention touched out. I feel like I have done nothing but soothe a fussy baby FOREVER not to mention the million and a half diapers and bottles. I really am on my last nerve and I'm starting to go crazy. I can't cook, clean, shower, hang out with my other kids I can't do anything but deal with this baby, the HIGHEST NEEDS BABY EVER. EVER!!!!!!!!!!1!!

*tears out hair*
#200 of 653 Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
OMG I am going out of my mind. My baby has been fussing for like, a week straight, at least. I am so incredibly exhausted not to mention touched out. I feel like I have done nothing but soothe a fussy baby FOREVER not to mention the million and a half diapers and bottles. I really am on my last nerve and I'm starting to go crazy. I can't cook, clean, shower, hang out with my other kids I can't do anything but deal with this baby, the HIGHEST NEEDS BABY EVER. EVER!!!!!!!!!!1!!

*tears out hair*
I know just what you are going through. I had to cut onoins out to get some peace, and then start giving my baby salt baths to calm him down. I have a homeopathic colic tincture that has also been a lifesaver. Still I don't remember my daughter being this hard.
#201 of 653 Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 PM

Hi guys!

I haven't been posting much lately but I just skimmed all the posts to try to catch up.

Adelaide is growing like a weed and still the happiest baby on the planet. Very high needs, but very happy.

Last week we flew from Fairbanks, Alaska to Colorado Springs, Colorado. It was supposed to be about 17 hours, but ended up being much, much longer. The first two flights went BEAUTIFULLY and then I asked someone to direct me toward my next flight and I found out I had a ticket for a 'phantom flight'. They sold me a ticket to a flight that doesn't exist! The real flight (and what was printed on my boarding pass but NOT my itinerary) left 12 hours earlier! So after a whole big mess I ended up in a hotel for the night and finally made it to Colorado the next day. Adelaide was a real trooper and through the whole deal I only lost the fleece part of my kindercoat and some pride.

I did have my first experience with a real creeper while nursing. That was fun. After finding out I was going to be staying in Minneapolis and NOT Colorado Springs, I found an empty gate to nurse Addie because I thought she could use some quiet time. I get set up, even have a cover (the kind with the boning so I can see her) and I look up and over my shoulder and there's some guy standing there staring! My jaw D R O P P E D and he scurried off before I collected myself enough to say anything.

My little giant is quickly growing out of her 3-6 month clothes, and all her 'from Santa' clothes are sized 6-9 months! Yay baby!

Gald to hear everyone's well, though I'm sorry about all the sickness!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#202 of 653 Old 12-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
I know just what you are going through. I had to cut onoins out to get some peace, and then start giving my baby salt baths to calm him down. I have a homeopathic colic tincture that has also been a lifesaver. Still I don't remember my daughter being this hard.
She's on formula and she's been tolerating it fine, so it's not dietary.

I discovered, however, that she's mildly constipated. Kaiser recommends juice/water, but she won't drink either. I'm thinking of adding extra water to 1 or 2 of her bottles a day to get her to take it? I'm kinda in the woods here because I've never FF before.

I also think she's teething. I bought her infant tylenol, and that seems to help a bit.

I've tried the colic tablets before, I don't know if that's what she needs but they're not expensive so it's probably worth a shot.

Feel better today now that DH is here too.
#203 of 653 Old 12-26-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

DD is officially scooting! Not far or for long - just like 1 or 2 feet at a time - she gets frustrated & asks to be picked up - but she can do it!

We gave her an IKEA wooden baby gym for the holidays - & she loves it!

Hope you are all well & having fun!

#204 of 653 Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 PM

We had a nice holiday. I wasn't going to get Jules anything, but couldn't help it, and did. It was a local made wooden green car. He could really care less and was just so amazed with the wrapping paper. He loves wrapping paper.
#205 of 653 Old 12-27-2009, 03:51 PM

Sarah, I am so sorry about your experience with the creepy lurker. That is one of the main reasons why I am always covered in public. I'd also hate for my husband to be around and have to witness a guy doing that. He is a really chill man, but I think he would lose his noodles!

Ryden will be 4 and half months (if I go by true weeks) on tuesday, and hasn't really started rolling over yet. When he is on his back, he will turn his head and look up and above himself and turn his body as if he is attempting it. He will also start pushing off with his legs to where he is kinda scooting on his back. That is as close as he gets. He does pretty good with tummy time, but it doesn't seem to have occurred to him yet to roll-over. Anyhoo, can't wait to see him accomplish it.

We also had some nice holidays. Hope everyone else did as well.

#206 of 653 Old 12-28-2009, 05:49 PM

Sarah, I had a creepy experience on an airplane with a couple of guys staring. My husband was sitting right there and it must have taken some incredible self control for him to leave them alone! I just stared right back at them until they stopped.

We don't celebrate the holidays, but we get together with friends/family who do celebrate. Here are a few pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1394456...n/photostream/

#207 of 653 Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 PM

I wanted to say thanks to all the mamas who answered my questions at the start of the month. They were helpful, and I appreciated it!
We've sinced found out that our baby is delayed and might have some neuro issues or something from her rough start (pregnancy with the birthmom).
She's still with us, and is harder to place now that she isn't totally healthy. We've had a adoptive family back down when they heard about it.
And she's already very attached you know, so I hope they find someone soon for this little wonderful girl.

So, I have a question today too, how much does your babies weigh, and how long are they? (And how old.) Our Tiny is tiny, hence the "nickname", but I was just wondering how much smaller she is than other babies with normal development. Because I know it's a wide range of normal. (She's 19 weeks.)

And you all have such beautiful babies! I had to look at some of the pictures when I was here.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#208 of 653 Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
I wanted to say thanks to all the mamas who answered my questions at the start of the month. They were helpful, and I appreciated it!
We've sinced found out that our baby is delayed and might have some neuro issues or something from her rough start (pregnancy with the birthmom).
She's still with us, and is harder to place now that she isn't totally healthy. We've had a adoptive family back down when they heard about it.
And she's already very attached you know, so I hope they find someone soon for this little wonderful girl.

So, I have a question today too, how much does your babies weigh, and how long are they? (And how old.) Our Tiny is tiny, hence the "nickname", but I was just wondering how much smaller she is than other babies with normal development. Because I know it's a wide range of normal. (She's 19 weeks.)

And you all have such beautiful babies! I had to look at some of the pictures when I was here.
Jonah was 18 pounds and 27 inches at his four month check up, which put him at the top of the charts at 95th and 97th percentiles.

#209 of 653 Old 12-28-2009, 07:02 PM

Sarah... yikes! What a weirdo

Sunshyn Jonah is so cute ... he looks just like his daddy!

Pixie Cavan had his 4 month about a week and a half ago. He weighed 12 lbs 12 oz and was 24.5 inches long (my little string bean). You're definitely right about there being a wide range of normal.

He's scooting all over the place now and can roll from front to back and back to front.

We had such an awesome holiday. It was really exciting because this is the first Christmas in our new house. I went nuts and got the biggest tree I could find. Cavan had a blast trying to eat all his new toys but he liked the wrapping paper best of all.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#210 of 653 Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM

We had an interesting holiday season... flu bug/tummy bug on Solstice, then mastitis for Christmas! I'm still recovering and very glad DH has this week off from work!

Other than the health stuff though the past week was nice... lots of family and friends, nice gifts, snuggles, and baby love. Tor got a bunch of rattles, teethers, and toys with wheels along with the quilt I made him. The girls got tons of faux food, play cookware, and toys for their play kitchen. Plus a pogo stick type bouncer for dd1 and a bunch of bilibos for dd2 (suggested by her OT to help with her sensory integration therapy).

Let's see... Tor is at the "big" end of the bell curve, he's a bit over 20lbs and outgrowing his 9mo clothing now at 19 weeks. He has only rolled over a few times but he will scoot his way across the living room floor every time. DD1 didn't really crawl (she crawled for about 3 days then started walking) but DD2 didn't walk till her first birthday so I wonder what ds is going to do.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page