August 2009 Mamas & Little Babies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

Our DDC is closing in 48 hours so I wanted to create a checkin thread here.

I was in a DDC here for DS2's pg and we STILL are checking in w/each other 3.5 years later (over in The Childhood Years.

I'm working w/baby girl at the breast asleep at the moment. She had a cold/flu last week but is MUCH better (if still kindof tired) now.

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#2 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm here!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#3 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 02:39 PM

I'm here, too.

Awe... 48 hours. I remember when our month was so far down the DDC list

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#4 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Technically I'm a Sept. mom, but I was with you guys the whole time.
#5 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 02:48 PM

Yay!!! I was gonna be really sad when our DDC closed down

I'll still check in!

<3 you all

Happy mama to Asia born 07/15
#6 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM

I'm here.......
I agree, it seems like I *just* joined the DDC, even thought it was probably a year ago when I first posted. :-)
I hope everyone's little ones are doing ok. Mamabeakley, I'm glad your LO is doing better this week! DD2 spent an hours yesterday rolling over, but seems to have forgotten how to do it today. Sigh, such is the life of a babe!
~maddymama
#7 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Here!

Wow, it's hard to believe I was just barely pregnant this time last year!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#8 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm here, too! Nice to be able to touch base still. Santiago was giving us some 6 hour nights for a while, but now he's been waking up to eat more frequently at night again. But he's got such sweet, fat, smoochable cheeks that I don't mind. It's so funny that even this young I can tell that his personality is more laid back than his older brother.

But since they are both laying down now, I think I might go catch a wink, too. My husband is in a job interview as we speak. While he has a decent job, this one would be closer to home (35 min drive instead of 75 min), better hours and more $. Here's praying they make him an offer!

I certainly don't want to complain about his job because I'm so glad that he has one in this economy, but it has been hard for the last year, he's worked so far away and doesn't get home until around 7:30 which is about bedtime, so it would just be so wonderful if he gets this new job!!!

Hope all you mamas are doing great!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#9 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm here! It really is amazing to think that ou DC were conceived a year ago... has it really been that long? Seems amazing!! My lil guy has a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough, same as DS1 has had now for seems like 2 or 3 weeks! Hopefully it stays at just a stuffy nose & cough!!
#10 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Leaving for Asia's 4 month check-up visit in a few.. Can't wait to see how much weight she's gained, she has become so chubby!

Things seem to be going okay. She's been more fussy than usual lately because she's teething, and she's a pretty high maintenance baby as it is, but I'm getting used to it. I'm getting used to being a mom, however my depression and anxiety are kind of out of control. I live in fear of her getting the H1N1 every day. Also me and df are having a lot of issues on top of my PPD and crazy anxiety, so it's a struggle to stay happy regularly but that doesn't affect my happiness with baby. She is amazing and I absolutely love her and couldn't live without her. I try to never be negative around her because I know she can sense it. Hopefully I can get back on medicaid so I can get some therapy because I think it would really help me right now.

Anyways..

Hope your babies start feeling better soon..

Happy mama to Asia born 07/15
#11 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Technically, I'm a July mama, but that's just an accident of the calendar! I know when I concieved and it'll be a year on Saturday!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#12 of 653 Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 PM

I'm here too, thanks for starting this! I can't believe our littles ones are getting so old. Abigail will be 3 mos tomorrow. The 4th trimester is officially over and I'm looking forward to the rolling, laughing and sitting that will be coming soon!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#13 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 AM

Yay! I'm here too!

Mom to K and R

#14 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 AM

I'm here too!!

Meadow will be also be 3 months tomorrow! Crazy to think that I conceived her exactly a year ago on Thursday. Seriously seems like just yesterday.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#15 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 AM

I'm here as well. I can't believe its been a year since we started IVF, it seems like just yesterday.

We have been having some rough sleep patterns with Jackson as of late. He only sleeps 20-45 minutes during the day and 2-3 hours at night with wakings of about an hour at night. Makes for one tired mom. Also I have been having crazy vivid dreams about my dad which wake me up in a panic.

Hopefully the hormones level out soon and Jackson starts to sleep longer periods of time.

Hopefully everyone is doing good!!

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#16 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 AM

ugh. changed a dipe with blood in it he seems fine otherwise (no fever, eating ok, happy) so I'll call the doc in the morning. I had some pineapple today for the first time since he was born, had a lot of dairy too (but I usually have milk and have never seen blood) not sure if it's connected.
#17 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 09:21 AM

I'm here too.

Life is settling down for us. Boys love their little sister and it's so great to see them together. They have their own dolls that they dress up and change nappies. I look at them and think ' they are going to make great fathers one day'.

I've treated myself to a few things to help me get through the day, i've had a cleaner come round a couple of times, the house is clean for a day and then the children/dogs wreck it, but its nice while it lasts. I got lots of new cloth nappies from ebay as my SIL still has my old ones and really getting into using them. I also splashed on a new pram/buggy, my old one didn't have a carrycot and the seat faced away, i love carrying her in the sling but sometimes my back needs the rest, so we took her out in it yesterday and she loved looking at me while i pushed her along.

River was sleeping well at night (only one waking between 11 and 6) but has been having a growth spurt and has been waking a lot more and needing to be rocked back to sleep. She has always screamed for hours before bed time ( in arms, while being rocked or in the sling) but that seems to be getting a little better. When she isn't knackered she is such a happy smiling baby, she is doing proper laughing now, especially when ds1 is being silly for her.

My friend has a dd who is 2 weeks older than river, she has had her on solids since 8 weeks and is nightweaning her now! i'm practising not being judgmental but i'm lost for words.

I really need to loose weight (isn't it supposed to fall off?) i'm still over 200lbs! Admittedly sleep deprivation does cause me to crave sugar and white carbs. need to pop over to the weight managment board, think in need a weight loss buddy for inspiration.

Blimey, you can tell i've not spoken to any adults today.

hope you are all doing well

vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#18 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
ugh. changed a dipe with blood in it he seems fine otherwise (no fever, eating ok, happy) so I'll call the doc in the morning. I had some pineapple today for the first time since he was born, had a lot of dairy too (but I usually have milk and have never seen blood) not sure if it's connected.
How much blood? DS1 used to get occasional sores on the tip of his foreskin before I realized that suedecloth in our diapers didn't agree with him. They would make small spots of blood in his diaper. If it is more than just a little blood I'd bring him in. It could be a possible UTI. Does he have a fever too?

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#19 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 PM

Hi! Been over in Toddlers much more than LWAB. Jackie's such an easy, happy little man that I just don't go looking for much info on him. DD OTOH...

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#20 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbabymama View Post
Hi! Been over in Toddlers much more than LWAB. Jackie's such an easy, happy little man that I just don't go looking for much info on him. DD OTOH...
I'm the same way with DD2, she's way easier than my 3 year old. DD2 actually sleeps and doesn't scream all the time the wyay DD1 did.
~maddymama
#21 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 01:54 PM

off to get pg again....just so i can post in a ddc...

just kidding????
LOL

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#22 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
My friend has a dd who is 2 weeks older than river, she has had her on solids since 8 weeks and is nightweaning her now! i'm practising not being judgmental but i'm lost for words.
Why do people need to practice being non-judgmental? To me, judgment is how we determine right from wrong. If you don't judge it's like you're saying, there is no right thing to do. There is no way to proclaim right from wrong without offending someone, that's the real problem.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#23 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
Why do people need to practice being non-judgmental? To me, judgment is how we determine right from wrong. If you don't judge it's like you're saying, there is no right thing to do. There is no way to proclaim right from wrong without offending someone, that's the real problem.
I'm not sure I agree. I try to catch and stop myself from being judgmental because for me there's a difference between recognizing right and wrong (and making that judgment call) and judging someone for what they've done. I can judge an action or behavior but not the person behind it. Especially when it comes to parenting, there are always so many factors behind a decision that I can't be sure I understand the situation completely. That being said, nightweaning at 8 weeks sounds like a bad idea.

Just my .02.

Off to check out our new forum!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#24 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Judgement: It really isn't cool to judge people because you never know the whole story. What if this mama is battling a severe case of PPD and needs to go on a non-BF safe med? Would it make it any different if she had cancer and needed treatment? You just never know the whole story so it is best to try to keep the judgement to yourself. I'm ashamed to admit that I used to be the queen of judgement and then I got a son with a heart defect and that shut me up really fast. Now I try to be cool and give people the benefit of the doubt because I've walked a mile in some really crappy shoes. No one sets out thinking "I want to be the crappiest mom I can" so please try to remember that each mom makes the best decisions she can based on the info she has and her life situation.

Stepping down now.

#25 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

There is a difference between judging and judgemental. I am a person who judges, in the sense of categorizing things/facts/happenings and what I think of them. I can't help this - it's a basic personality trait.

However, I know myself to not be a judgemental person - because I keep my judgements to myself and assume I don't have a right to judge other people because I don't ever know the totality of other people's experience.

#26 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM

I agree that making assumptions is wrong. However, if you know the whole story I think it's fair to judge the situation or action.

#27 of 653 Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Judgement: It really isn't cool to judge people because you never know the whole story. What if this mama is battling a severe case of PPD and needs to go on a non-BF safe med? Would it make it any different if she had cancer and needed treatment? You just never know the whole story so it is best to try to keep the judgement to yourself. I'm ashamed to admit that I used to be the queen of judgement and then I got a son with a heart defect and that shut me up really fast. Now I try to be cool and give people the benefit of the doubt because I've walked a mile in some really crappy shoes. No one sets out thinking "I want to be the crappiest mom I can" so please try to remember that each mom makes the best decisions she can based on the info she has and her life situation.

Stepping down now.

and even if you think you know the full story unless you are that person you never really can. people judge me on not vaxing, uc and home education, people have different opinions on what is wrong / right.

so instead of judging i try to be a positive role model and maybe discuss the information rather than the action.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#28 of 653 Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
off to get pg again....just so i can post in a ddc...

just kidding????
LOL
Noo! You did not just say that!!
Ok, I have thought the same thing.
#29 of 653 Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Noo! You did not just say that!!
Ok, I have thought the same thing.
me too... must be hormones

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#30 of 653 Old 11-19-2009, 01:01 PM

I'm here too! DS2 will also be 3 months tomorrow. He's doing really well, easy, laid-back and a good sleeper too. He's gotten so big already, I can't believe it. The little newborn look is totally gone! I'm giving away the first three sizes to a friend next week.
Every time he makes these sounds and giggles, he just melts my heart.

Christine, SAHM to DD ('05), DS1 ('07) and : DS2 ('09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page