Paranoid new mama is paranoid - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my babes are 5 weeks now.

Tycho has fairly good head control, gazes at you, follows motion, etc.

Kepler (much smaller twin B) isn't doing these things so well. His eyes still roll back and wander. He also twitches a lot. Flings his arms around, arches his back, curls up, etc. I suspect he might have reflux, since he especially does this flailing and arching when getting a bottle (not really so much at the breast) and after meals.

I'm worried about something neurological. I do have a ped appointment on Tuesday, but is this something that I should take him to the ER for? Or is this just normal immature nervous system stuff?

Mama to twin boys, Oct-'09 and baby girl, Apri-'12!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 06:03 PM

Is this just a lack of improvement of motor skills, or something that has suddenly developed and is worsening?

If the former, I'd say you'll be fine until Tuesday. If the latter, I'd call the ped this afternoon or tomorrow morning and ask him, describing what's going on. If it starts to really worsen badly, and you start to really worry, call the ped immediately and/or take to the ER.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#3 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My son was preterm and did all of the twitching, flailing, etc. and he also had reflux. He grew out of it and was fine. They told me it was an immature nervous system as well. As far as the eyes rolling back...that I haven't seen. Can you call and speak with the nurse to see if he should be seen earlier?

#4 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 06:28 PM

I probably would wait. Unless it's a sudden change or like the PP said, is getting worse instead of better.

Mama to Maia (12/04), Nora (9/09), Sam (8/12) and Step-mama to Aidan (3/02) and Luci (10/04).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page