Am i the only one who still feel pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2004, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was getting dressed today, and after having eaten, and being bloat from my period, I looked in the mirror and thought, man I look 5 months pregnant still!!!!!! DS is already 4.5m and it doesn't feel like this belly is shrinking. I breastfeed, exersize 3-4 times a week, and try to eat healthy and natural foods, and still the belly remains. AHHHHHHHHH!!! At least no one has asked me when I'm due yet.:LOL Will this "growth" in my midsection ever go away????????

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2004, 05:47 AM
pip

9 months to go up.....9 months to go down....

(at least for me anyway. Not that I fit into my old jeans just yet....)
Old 02-20-2004, 06:41 AM

My ds is 14 months now and I still have a pouch I remember being told it would be gone in six months.Of course I have not done any excercise.I was kinda hoping it would just go away on it's own.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:20 AM

It took me two years to get the body back in shape the first time! I guess I still have a ways to go this time too!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:31 AM

Me too.
I still haven't lost much weight. I gained so much during my pregnancy that even if I did lose a bunch of it, I would still be way bigger than I want to be. I have been trying much harder lately to get rid of it. Lets hope it is only nine months to take it off. lol.:

Louise
mama to Juniper
wife to Ben
Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 PM

I actually was planning to keep my "pregnant smilie" in my sig. line until I didn't look pregnant anymore :LOL, that didn't last long- it was making me feel bad- I agree with the PP who said 9 months on, 9 months off

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
Old 02-20-2004, 06:08 PM

I've lost most of the -- gasp! -- 50 pounds I gained while preggers, but the poochy midsection remains. I have been wildly inconsistent about working out, but I just started to do the "floor core kata" exercises in the latest Family Circle magazine...a series of moves adapted from martial arts, IIRC. It's mostly to help strengthen my back and alleviate my back pain, but also to tone and firm those pesky abs...

DP, DS and I are going to his family's house in Cape Cod this summer...the whole extended family goes and it's not only my first year going, but my first time meeting most of the family. So I am motivated! I want to look good on the beach in a swimsuit...I want people to look at me romping with DS and think, "There goes a total MILF!"

~nick
Old 02-20-2004, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I gained 40 while prego, when I probably only needed to gain 30. And guess what I 'm left with, 10 more lbs. Dangit, I knew I shouldn't have eaten soooooooo much the last three months. Most of my stretch marks aren't belly ones, but onmy thighs and hips wear I just got fat!

Ashley, Jesus loving mama to Jaden (8) Trace (6) and Liam (3) and fost/adopt twins Talia and Oliva (1).  Happily married for a decade! 

Old 02-21-2004, 01:04 AM

I gained seventy pounds during pregnancy.

I'm now 14 pounds over my starting weight and can almost fit back into my clothes. I don't think that I look pregnant, but I do look different, more curvy and whatnot. DH likes it, so I guess I can live with it.

There's only one thing that's driving me crazy: back fat. How on earth do you get rid of it? :
Old 02-21-2004, 02:24 AM

Not that this will work for everyone, but part of what motivated me to get back into shape is that I told myself i wouldn't buy any new clothes until I'd fit back into my old ones. Of course, my maternity stuff lasted another month or two, but I couldn't really wear it back to work, so then I wore the only two pairs of pants I could fit in for weeks on end until my mom couldn't stand it and bought me some jeans that fit that I've worn every weekend since I got them..
Now, finally, I'm a few pounds away from prepreg wt., (I gained fourty), able to fit in most of my old clothes and preparing for a little shopping spree! Although I have to say, I' much rather be shopping for babyboy's clothes now, it seems to really work that way.. Also, even tho I'm close to old wt, my body /shape just isn't the same, I have too much skin and feel generally 'flabbier'. Does anyone else still also have that dark line on your bellies?

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06)
Old 02-21-2004, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah gabry IU still have the line and I had mine 2 days after yours. I know this sounds rally weird but my belly button went from an inny to an outty and back again after DS and now that the skin there was all stretched it is still really dark. It looks like I really need to clean in out, but it's just skin. Really gross, I know. :Puke Any one else have this problem and will it ever go away? I know what you mean that your baby is not the same shape. I think your hips move for baby to come out and they never go back.

Kate42- that's great the your hubby likes the way you are!!! I know what you mean about the back fat.:LOL

Old 02-21-2004, 01:39 PM

I gained 60 lbs while pregnant (went from 140 to 200, eek!) I lost most of it right away...I have 17 lbs to go before i hit pre-pregnancy weight...But, my goal is lose 30 because I'm supposed to be at around 125 (I'm at 156 right now).

Just joined weight watchers...hope it helps!!

Gotta lose this pregnancy weight before I get pregnant again..there's no way I wanna deal with losing 2 pregnancy weights next year. *shudder*
Old 02-22-2004, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I still look pregnant! Seriously. And I only gained 11 or 12 lbs while pregnant and actually weigh less than I did before I got pregnant. But when you are as big as I am, well, I guess looking pregnant is just part of it. But before I had children, I actually had a waist even though I was as fat as I am now.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:39 PM

I don't look still pregnant but I certainly feel still pregnant. I'm hungry all teh time and my emotions are still in an uproar. I get hot flashes and cravings. I'm so tired of being hungry it makes no sense. Oh, and my baby is 11 months old so you gotta give it time.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:11 PM

Alvenchrst, I have the dark spots you're talking about. While I was pregnant the spots were in this cool spirally shape, like a hurricane on a weather map. Now they're just this brown, blotchy line down my tummy.

I've still got quite a pooch. If I worked at it, I know it would go down a little. But I'm built exactly like my mom and now my tummy looks exactly like what I remember hers looking like when I was a kid, so I guess this is it. Ah, well. I've got a beautiful daughter to show for it.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)

User Tag List