July 2009- Babies rolling in a winter wonderland! Chat thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 12-18-2009, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I'd start a new thread. So what are your babies learning/doing now? How are you mamas?

About us: Caroline will be 5mo on the 26th. She's rolling over, smiles so much, and laughs every once in a while. She still wants to be held at all times. My sil said that they start giving babies food at 3mo! They try to sneak her little specks of food when I'm not looking, dh too. She still nurses around every 2-3 hours. Still haven't gotten on any birth control. I'm just not sure if I want to ttc in a year or two or another 5 years. I'm a gemini, what can I say.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 01:46 AM

My dd is a riot-- she is sitting up unassisted, grabbing her feet, shoving everything within reach in her mouth, and "talking" up a storm. Oh and the giggles! It's the best. She's rolled over once each way but shows zero interest in trying again. It's amazing to me, every little new thing she does...

I was hoping to delay solids until 8 or 9 months but she's showing a lot of interest and, as much as I hate to admit it, she seems ready. Holding off a few more weeks....

They grow up so fast!
#3 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 AM

I don't have time to type much right now but Henry is wonderful and I am so very in love with him! He is a very tiny guy but the dr. says very healthy, and I am to be applauded for continuing to breastfeed him though he is very needy and family members have wondered if he is getting enough food. So he is itty bitty but so sweet and wonderful. I'm glad a thread was started. I kept thinking I should start one but I just didn't do it. LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#4 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMama View Post
My dd is a riot-- she is sitting up unassisted, grabbing her feet, shoving everything within reach in her mouth, and "talking" up a storm. Oh and the giggles! It's the best. She's rolled over once each way but shows zero interest in trying again. It's amazing to me, every little new thing she does...

I was hoping to delay solids until 8 or 9 months but she's showing a lot of interest and, as much as I hate to admit it, she seems ready. Holding off a few more weeks....

They grow up so fast!

Wow that's cool that she's sitting up by herself! Mine likes to be in the sitting or standing position a lot. She gets fussy if we lay her down. It would be great if she could sit by herself- cause she's getting heavy! Caroline is interested in all we do, especially eating. I feel bad eating in front of her life that. The other day my dh let her suck on an apple slice he was holding. She really loved it. Although I don't think she got much from it. Dh and I have been tempted into letting her try little microscopic pieces of our food but I'm afraid she'll get sick(allergies) and I don't want to rush it. It also makes me sad because she's growing up. Well, I mean all my kids are growing up and I can't stop it.

#5 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamerwindweb View Post
I don't have time to type much right now but Henry is wonderful and I am so very in love with him! He is a very tiny guy but the dr. says very healthy, and I am to be applauded for continuing to breastfeed him though he is very needy and family members have wondered if he is getting enough food. So he is itty bitty but so sweet and wonderful. I'm glad a thread was started. I kept thinking I should start one but I just didn't do it. LOL!
Its great to "see" you Angela! Do you remember me being depressed at the end of the pregnancy? I know you were the same. I felt like Caroline would never come out. Time has flown! I think as long as you feel that Henry is ok and the dr thinks he's fine then I wouldn't worry about it. Trust your mama instincts! I know some family members can make me feel stressed/anxious about my kids and my choices. I just have a different mindset than them I guess. I'm glad we have a forum/magazine like this because I have no idea what kind of parent I'd be. lol

#6 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 PM

Wow! I can't believe our babies are 5 (and some almost 6) months old already! It seems like just yesterday that they started arriving!

Angela, DD is super-tiny, too. I know she is eating enough (we bf every 2 hours at least) so I think its just her build. She was 11# at her 4 month checkup - only gained 2 pounds since her 1 month check (which was really at like 7 weeks). I was a little worried but she is soooo happy and healthy! I know she is fine. I do think, however, when she gains a few more pounds she might sleep a little bit better... I can hope, right??!!

DD is nowhere near sitting up on her own, but she does roll all over the place. As soon as her diaper comes off her legs go up in the air and she flips herself over! She spends most of her day giggling and screaming in delight - she is such a happy little thing!

Does everyone have big holiday plans? We celebrate Hanukkah so our revelry is over with today. Time to relax and settle into winter.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#7 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 PM

DD will be 6 months on January 9th and I cannot believe it! She was 6lbs 9oz at birth and when we weight her two weeks ago, she was 17lbs and change. She's a skinny baby but sooo long.

She can sit up unassisted, roll from tummy to back, she "talks" non stop, does deep belly laughs but not alot of giggling, she's getting really good at her pincher/grabbers. I'm sure I'm missing some. But she's also becoming more of a mommas girl, which I don't mind, but she's less happy with DH now. My MIL thinks she's entering the stranger weary stage, and she's probably right.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#8 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Did I mention that Caroline hates the bath! As soon as her little toes touch the water she starts crying. Dh and I both have taken baths with her and it doesn't seem to help. Its crazy because she is a uc waterbirth baby! We don't give her baths often because of that. She also has really bad brownish cradle cap. Otherwise, she's a chubby, sweet, and smiley baby.

#9 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Dahlia is five months as of the 12th. She sits up by herself, reaches and shoves everything into her mouth and she has her first tooth! On the bottom, her five month bday present. She is a fat little baby and very strong. She laughs and talks all the time. She is a really good little baby and she rarely cries. Nurses nonstop, won't start solids for a few more months. Sleeps really well and very active during the day.

I've been dealing with some depression issues but am working on nurtrional remedies. I lost all my pregnancy weight and then some so i'm down a total of 70lbs in five months. I think it was pretty hard for my body to lose so much so fast so i'm trying to get back on track nurtritionally. I'm taking adrenal supplements and Iodine also to help out. I have no family so it is just my kids and i for the holidays, unfortunately i tend to get sad because of that but i hope everyone else has an amazing holiday!
#10 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 04:05 PM

subbing

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#11 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 05:21 PM

Hi, thought I'd jump in...my dd, Kate, will be 6 months on January 5th. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. She's such a sweet, happy girl. She smiles all the time and has just started really laughing, it's so cute! She's over 17 pounds now (last time I weighed her, which was almost 2 wks ago--we don't do WBV w/ped). She's a pro at rolling from back to tummy, everytime we put her down, she rolls right over. She really wants to crawl, she kicks her legs and tries to get up on her knees. We won't start solids for awhile (we'll do blw), but she's really interested in our eating/drinking. She isn't sitting unassisted yet. She's starting to become a daddy's girl, whenever he even walks by her, she gets so happy. It's really cute. Things are going really well and I'm just trying to enjoy every moment with her. I think I must say about a thousand times a day, "Oh, I just love you so much!"

Proud Air Force wife and first time mom to a beautiful baby girl , born naturally at home July 09
#12 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 05:33 PM

I'm a July 2009 mama, although I didn't really post in the DDC. I pretty much took a MDC hiatus during pregnancy as I was either sick, swamped at work, or both.

DS is almost five months and he's getting more and more fun. He's very high needs because of GERD, but his personality aside from the crankiness is just amazing. He's funny, social, and lovable. He's rolling back to front, but not the other way. He wants to army crawl so badly, he gets the motions but can't move forward! He sits unassisted off and on, mostly until he gets distracted and forgets to balance. He's really become interested in toys, we have a bunch of cloth blocks and books that are his favorites.

DS is also on the small side, but we're sticking with breastfeeding and doc isn't super worried so that's good. He only gained 1 ounce between 3 and 4 months, but he nurses like a champ most of the time. The doc said to try cereal, but I don't think that's going to solve anything really. I think he'd take solids if we offered, but my gut is telling me it's not going to hurt him to wait. We have given him teeny bits here and there.

LilMamiBella-DS had HORRIBLE cradle cap up until a month or so ago. We took a toothbrush and olive oil and scrubbed a couple times a week, which helped some but not much. Then DH used this Nutroge*na hand cream stuff-it comes in a tiny bottle, it's greasy and I have no idea how natural it really is, but he used it a few times and bam! Cradle cap gone and it hasn't shown up since.

A supportive military wife and mama to my busy boy and sweet girl.
#13 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 06:25 PM

Glad to see all you mamas and LOs doing so well. DS just turned 5 months and recently started sitting unassisted. Hooray! He still falls over on his face after a while but he's getting the hang of it. He's started rolling to his left (from belly to back) but he's been rolling to the right for a while. He's a talky, shouty little fella sometimes and loves to laugh and smile. Right now he wants to mouth everything in sight so maybe a tooth will be popping up soon. The most exciting thing lately is that we got to meet Ina May Gaskin and we have a pic of her holding DS. As for the holidays, we don't do anything big but we might travel out of town, if not we'll just relax at home.
#14 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMamiBella View Post
Mine likes to be in the sitting or standing position a lot. She gets fussy if we lay her down. It would be great if she could sit by herself- cause she's getting heavy! .
We have the same baby! (I love the name Caroline, too.) Josephine is really active, she can roll and push up off her belly, but she still can't sit without using me for balance. She laughs when we play peekaboo and smiles all the time. She has two little teeth and we have let her have a little apple in one of those mesh feeder things 2 or 3 times. I wear her all the time in a wrap and we both love it. (Evidence of that and her general cuteness can be found here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF4IQX7VSHk )

She'll be 6 months Jan.2nd and I can't believe it.

Newly Single-Mama. Raising homebirth baby, Josephine, July '09.

#15 of 40 Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
Dahlia is five months as of the 12th. She sits up by herself, reaches and shoves everything into her mouth and she has her first tooth! On the bottom, her five month bday present. She is a fat little baby and very strong. She laughs and talks all the time. She is a really good little baby and she rarely cries. Nurses nonstop, won't start solids for a few more months. Sleeps really well and very active during the day.

I've been dealing with some depression issues but am working on nurtrional remedies. I lost all my pregnancy weight and then some so i'm down a total of 70lbs in five months. I think it was pretty hard for my body to lose so much so fast so i'm trying to get back on track nurtritionally. I'm taking adrenal supplements and Iodine also to help out. I have no family so it is just my kids and i for the holidays, unfortunately i tend to get sad because of that but i hope everyone else has an amazing holiday!

Wow her first tooth! So far none yet for us but I did buy a teething necklace and teething tablets just in case. I have what i like to call on/off depression. It almost always starts around this time of the year. I guess its because it gets colder and we're in the house more often= me gaining weight= me feeling bad about myself= crying,etc. Its weird because I'm happy with my kids. I love them so much and then at night i can't sleep because I remember that all these things (life) come to an end. My mom and I are not very close and we just have a sil/bil that live nearby so I know how you feel. How did you lose so much weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
subbing
Are you still tandem nursing? We both have May '07 and July '09 babies. I stopped nursing my 2yo because it just was too much for me. Bella has gotten closer to daddy though so that's a good thing.

LilMamiBella-DS had HORRIBLE cradle cap up until a month or so ago. We took a toothbrush and olive oil and scrubbed a couple times a week, which helped some but not much. Then DH used this Nutroge*na hand cream stuff-it comes in a tiny bottle, it's greasy and I have no idea how natural it really is, but he used it a few times and bam! Cradle cap gone and it hasn't shown up since.[/QUOTE]

I read about some people using cali baby calendula cream for it. I went to whole foods and all they had was weleda baby cream with calendula. I guess that would work right? I think I'll try both. She loses more of her hair when we mess with it, sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamergrrl View Post
Glad to see all you mamas and LOs doing so well. DS just turned 5 months and recently started sitting unassisted. Hooray! He still falls over on his face after a while but he's getting the hang of it. He's started rolling to his left (from belly to back) but he's been rolling to the right for a while. He's a talky, shouty little fella sometimes and loves to laugh and smile. Right now he wants to mouth everything in sight so maybe a tooth will be popping up soon. The most exciting thing lately is that we got to meet Ina May Gaskin and we have a pic of her holding DS. As for the holidays, we don't do anything big but we might travel out of town, if not we'll just relax at home.
That's cool that you met Ina May Gaskin! Her Spiritual Midwifery book is what kept me wanting a waterbirth with my second child. We're not doing anything big either. I'm hoping that the only place we go, is the movies for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femalephish View Post
We have the same baby! (I love the name Caroline, too.) Josephine is really active, she can roll and push up off her belly, but she still can't sit without using me for balance. She laughs when we play peekaboo and smiles all the time. She has two little teeth and we have let her have a little apple in one of those mesh feeder things 2 or 3 times. I wear her all the time in a wrap and we both love it. (Evidence of that and her general cuteness can be found here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF4IQX7VSHk )

She'll be 6 months Jan.2nd and I can't believe it.

Those videos are so cute! What kind of exersaucer is that? You two are adorable! Hey and your my age lol. I totally need a wrap. I have a mei tai and a beco but they leave the baby low on the back; or maybe its the way I'm doing it.

#16 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 AM

My DS is almost 6 months and he's a hoot. He is so active and energetic all the time. He's always happy, smiling and now laughing. He rolls both ways and sits up pretty well without help.

Things he loves- splashing in the bath, banging his hand, making noise, people.

Things he hates- sleep. Ug. He's good unless we try to mess with his midnight bedtime, then all hats are off.

No teeth. Over 17lbs. Hasn't tried real food yet, but soon.

Favorite things to eat from least to greatest- toys, fabric, paper, plastic bags. I know I try to avoid him eating paper and plastic, but he is so fast! He pulled 3 $100 gift cards off the rack while I tried to one hand sign my signature at Bass Pro. Everything within reaching distance gets grabbed and taste tested.

I have no plans on trying again anytime soon. He's a happy handful. I can't wait to seriously play with him, like kick a ball around outside.

Oh, he just started to scoot backwards and actually push himself up onto his knees. That was exciting. I thought he'd be in airplane mode forever.
#17 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 06:05 AM

Oh, how could I forget?! Kate has her two bottom teeth

Proud Air Force wife and first time mom to a beautiful baby girl , born naturally at home July 09
#18 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
[B]

Those videos are so cute! What kind of exersaucer is that? You two are adorable! Hey and your my age lol. I totally need a wrap. I have a mei tai and a beco but they leave the baby low on the back; or maybe its the way I'm doing it.
nak.

Thanks! My inlaws are in Florida for the winter and Jo is their first grandchild so we send them videos every week. My mom got us the exersaucer, I think it's just from Walmart I thought we didn't need it, but I love it and so does my DD!

You should get a wrap! I think everyone should have one! Trade your Beco over at thebabywearer.com! (That's wherre I got mine)

Does anyone else have pics/videos of your babes to share?

#19 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:

Are you still tandem nursing? We both have May '07 and July '09 babies. I stopped nursing my 2yo because it just was too much for me. Bella has gotten closer to daddy though so that's a good thing.
I am.. I am still having a hard time with it too. My DS1 is sooooo needy, and really throws a fit if I don't nurse him I've asked lots of moms how to wean and nothing works for him, so I am almost about to try to plan a weekend out of town and he stays home with papa, so he is not able to nurse.

#20 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Oliver is such an easy going baby.. I am soooo blessed! If I could guarantee all future babies to be as easy as him I'd have a dozen! Unfortunately, there is no guarantee, lol. He just barely rolled over from tummy to back about a week ago for the first time. No teeth, lots of smiles and giggles, and he sleeps almost all through the night, most nights, next to me

#21 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone else have pics/videos of your babes to share?[/QUOTE]

I'd love to do this because it would be great for my mom to see. My video camera takes a long time to upload video to the computer and then I don't know how to get it on youtube. Can you make videos private or to only people you want to see them? Maybe i should invest in a flip camera or something. I heard those were easy to use.

#22 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 05:21 PM

It is great to hear how everyones' bebes are doing. Ephram is rolling over from front to back and back to front. But he has no intrest in doing so. He can sit up for a little while unassisted but has not mastered the art of using his hands to catch himself if he starts to fall. Sadly, he has had a bout of chronic ear infection(s)! Starting in October. I think it has finally cleared up, but I will not be surprised if we don't end up putting tubes in his ears at a year. Other than this, he is doing great, and has such a mellow little guy, full of smiles.

We haven't decided when to have our next one. Maybe in a year.

Angie
mom to Ephram 7/4/09 and Allie 12/07/01

Angie - mom to Allie 12/01, Ephram 07/09  and Asher 3/1/11
#23 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 05:26 PM

Hey ladies! Good to find you all and good to hear how well you and your babies are doing? Paxton is doing well. He's 5 mo old, getting close to 20 lbs and is a very fun guy. I am starting to get him nap a little more now, compared to before. For night time, he sleeps fine. However, for daytime, I have to swaddle him to get him down for a nap. He is literally so interested in everything going on, that he does NOT want to nap. In fact, he doesn't want to nurse either unless I take him upstairs to a dark room with no noise, etc.. It's frustarting for me, since I have two other children too. However, other than the napping issue, I feel that I could not have asked for a better baby. He is a cutie. I love to hear his squeals and giggles. He does this thing where he will sneeze and then let out a little sigh after he sneezes. It is really cute. He has always done that since he was a newborn, but my DH did not notice it until a few wks ago and commented about how cute it was.

Pax is able to roll from tummy to back, but hasn't figured out how to roll from his back onto his tummy yet. He doesn't sit up for very long on his own, but we're working on it. DH got his vasectomy last wk. I'm sad, and glad. Sad, b/c I never got a girl (I have 3 boys), but glad, b/c I don't think I could handle anymore babies. We broke out the exersaucer too, and it cute to see him play with it. I can't believe that soon our babies will be working on crawling! I'm just afraid my poor guy is going to choke on a lego, b/c his older brothers are SLOBS!
#24 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:

I'd love to do this because it would be great for my mom to see. My video camera takes a long time to upload video to the computer and then I don't know how to get it on youtube. Can you make videos private or to only people you want to see them? Maybe i should invest in a flip camera or something. I heard those were easy to use.
We have a flip, it is really easy and compact. We put videos on photobucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags View Post

Pax is able to roll from tummy to back, but hasn't figured out how to roll from his back onto his tummy yet. He doesn't sit up for very long on his own, but we're working on it. DH got his vasectomy last wk. I'm sad, and glad. Sad, b/c I never got a girl (I have 3 boys), but glad, b/c I don't think I could handle anymore babies. We broke out the exersaucer too, and it cute to see him play with it. I can't believe that soon our babies will be working on crawling! I'm just afraid my poor guy is going to choke on a lego, b/c his older brothers are SLOBS!
I am waiting for dh to make his V appt.. I would love a girl too, but there is no way to guarantee it so I am 99% sure we're done!

#25 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 07:40 PM

oh im o happy too see all you july mamas here! my little uy is amazing! he was 5 months on the 9th. he is soooo busy! he was rolling at 9 weeks ans this week is CRAWLING!! it happened literally over night. were sooo not ready for this. hes so pleasnt natured and not fussy at all. he sleeps alright, waking 2 times a night to eat, nd usually going right back to sleep. hes not sitting yet, which makes it hard with the crawling stuff. he has to face dive from the crawling poition to rest because he is clueless in the sitting department. he up to about 17.5 lbs now and outgrowing everything. we have started giving him a cup of water to play with. he usually figures out where the spout is but i dont think he actually drinks anything~ just a way to play. i gave him the tiniest bit of banna the other day which he really liked for about 20 seconds, then he hated it. its amazing how different i am as a mother this time around. i feel much more relaxed and its lots more fun than with ds1. my boys are so in love with each ther and its incredibly cute to see ds1 loving on his brother with no jealousy at all. such little darlings!

joyful mama to DS 2-05, open adoption birthmama to DD 5-07: and DS 6-98, and my littlest one 7-09. crazy in love with DH!
#26 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 08:50 PM

We are doing well over here. DS2 is around 20 lbs - a fat, fat baby! He has been a fairly mild-mannered baby, sleeps well and is pretty happy. He is almost sitting up. He has the red teething cheeks and the droolies, so I suspect we will be seeing a tooth soon.He'll be 5 months on the 23rd.

I am still tandem nursing, but DS1 is down to before naps and before bedtime now.

I go back to school full-time in Jan (was half-time this semester). I am a little worried about pumping enough. We'll see what happens.

love.gif

#27 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 09:53 PM

I put a lot of videos and pics on facebook... anyone want to be my friend who isn't? LOL!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#28 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Does anyone else have pics/videos of your babes to share?
I'd love to do this because it would be great for my mom to see. My video camera takes a long time to upload video to the computer and then I don't know how to get it on youtube. Can you make videos private or to only people you want to see them? .[/QUOTE]

You can make it private easily, we just leave it out there so all out of state family can see. (and because we're so proud!)

I'm so glad that my 17-ish-pounder isn't the only chub!

#29 of 40 Old 12-20-2009, 11:58 PM

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=2b6305455d

Here's pictures of Anna Leigh

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MOV01002.flv

And a video of Anna with our border collie Reid.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#30 of 40 Old 12-21-2009, 12:38 PM

Madilyn will be 6 mo in just a couple of weeks and is such an amazing little girl. She is a pro at sitting on her own and has the crawling frame but hasn't figured out yet how to crawl, though I anticipate that soon. She will take steps on her own if you hold her hands when she is standing. She has her two bottom teeth and yesterday was a drool queen and nursed every 45 mins last night (argghh!) so I expect her uppers soon. Her personality is a little different than other babies, she chatters but only when she is tired or frustrated and she does laugh and smile but you really have to work for it. She is very sensative to emotions and sounds so it is easy to upset or distress her. She is very observant, watching everything around her and loves animals too. This is my first baby but this doesn't seem to be the norm, so it makes me wonder what type of kid and person she will be. We are doing some solids which is much different than what I planned, but she started diving, grabbing, mooching for food at three months and it is just recently that I gave in and started to feed her on a regular basis. She eats persimmons, avocado, bannana, and pumpkin so far with pumpkin and persimmons being the favorites. You can see pics on my blog if you click on my screen name to the right. Happy Holidays Mommas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page