Which high chair for a big baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was going to take the high chair at my mom's house for my boy, but when I put him in it it makes me nervous, the sides don't look like they contain him enough. I put the belt on him, but his upper body is still wobbly (he's almost 5 months, not sitting up on his own yet).

Like I said he's almost 5 months, and he's around 20 lbs now.

Any recommendations?

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

#2 of 8 Old 12-23-2009, 12:44 PM

We skipped the high chair and got this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-H...1583090&sr=8-1

He's four months (and 18 pounds!) and already likes to sit in it to watch his daddy work in the kitchen. I like these booster seats (we had them for my nephews too - all big babies) because they are easier to clean and portable.

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#3 of 8 Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 PM

I used a booster seat instead as well. I got one of the First Year type that can recline for teeny ones and ds "sat" at the table with us from about 6 weeks on. I'd just swaddle him up, recline it as far back as it would go with a blanket underneath him and it was a great place to put him for a few seconds or minutes while we ate. Later, it was a place for him to play while we ate. He didn't actually use it for eating until he was over 7 months .

Mama to Thing 1 and Thing 2.
#4 of 8 Old 12-24-2009, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

I'd never thought of using the booster for him until later on lol! I asked my dh to get our old one out of the garage, I think it will be perfect and will save us spending $$$ on a highchair! Thanks!

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

#5 of 8 Old 01-01-2010, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Well I must say he has a pretty big gut lol but he's getting on ok in it:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...pictureid=1130

#6 of 8 Old 01-01-2010, 10:10 PM

The $15 molded plastic one from Ikea is the BEST. It's small, sturdy, the easiest thing in the universe to clean, and both of my kids have been huge and happy in the high chair for ages. There's a separate tray which I like when they're really little, because it's easy to clean, and then it snaps off and the high chair comes right up to the table for when they're a bit older and neater.

We had another high chair and hated how hard it was to clean and how huge it was. We have a big kitchen, but somehow the old one managed to take up 1/2 of it. We'd always used this one when we went to Ikea and ate in the cafe, so one day we bought it and haven't looked back.

Trying to live a simple life in a messy house in a complicated world with : DH, DD (b. 07/07), DS (b. 02/09), and DD (b. 10/10)
#7 of 8 Old 01-02-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Turner View Post
Well I must say he has a pretty big gut lol but he's getting on ok in it:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...pictureid=1130

That's the one we used with ds. Your little guy is a cutie pie .

Mama to Thing 1 and Thing 2.
#8 of 8 Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page