Is this normal or is it bad (8mo excited reaction to stimuli) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 8 mo old has been doing this thing for quite a while now but very infrequently, in the past week it has become a almost constant thing. When she sees something that she likes/thinks is funny/wants her whole body stiffens and tenses, her arms and legs shake a little bit (we call it her vibrating move) and she makes a sort of squawking laugh noise. She was doing it tonight about eating, about watching her toy move across the floor and about something silly DH and I were doing. I mostly think its fine and normal except the sort of tense spasm freaks me out emotionally and i panic- "MY BABY".

Anybody else have a baby that does this or did this at one time or should I be calling a dr this week?

Thanks.

-M-, mama to G 4/09joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-02-2010, 10:41 PM

My son shakes like that as well. I will be honest and say it does bother me a bit, but he only does it when he is excited and so I try not to worry.
He is very "expressive" and all his emotions are big, so I just tend to think that he is very excitable!
#3 of 4 Old 01-03-2010, 12:02 AM

My dd will be 8 months soon and she sometimes does something like that. I think is funny and cute. I feel like she is just VERY expressive and likes to show her every emotion.

I wouldnt call it a spasm though. It's more of a "OMG what is that awesome thing?!" *freezes*, *kicks and shakes and squeals*, "oh yeah is the most awesome thing ever!" haha
#4 of 4 Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

I think you are both right. Genevieve is INCREDIBLY emotive and expressive about everything. I figured it was just an excited reaction but the frequency of it was beginning to freak my mama-emotions out a bit! Thank you both for assuring me that other babies do this too.
I really like your description of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
I wouldnt call it a spasm though. It's more of a "OMG what is that awesome thing?!" *freezes*, *kicks and shakes and squeals*, "oh yeah is the most awesome thing ever!" haha
(the only part that's missing is the "OMG i just can't help myself, get it in my mouth YESTERDAY!")

-M-, mama to G 4/09joy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page