Teething and Night Waking? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD recently cut her two bottom teeth (about 2 weeks ago). I understand that the top 4 teeth should follow about 4-8 weeks after the bottom two. This week, DD has begun waking at night. This is different than her usual wake, nurse, fall right back asleep. This is up 2 hours at about 2am. Can this be teething related or is there another thing that may commonly be at the root of this (e.g. growth spurt)?

TIA!

Me and DH, parents to:

DD1 (06/09), Twin DD2 and DS1 (born 3/12- 6 weeks early due to IUGR)

#2 of 3 Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 AM

I think it could be teething related. When DD isn't teething, she just kind of stirs at night and I latch her right on without her waking totally up. When she's teething, she wakes up at night SCREAMING. She can't calm down enough to breastfeed back to sleep until I walk around with her for 5 or 10 minutes. Teething is awful.

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif
#3 of 3 Old 01-15-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! Last night was more of a normal night. I decided to spend all day yesterday *very* low key. I wore her the entire time she was awake and then slept beside her for her naps. She was back to her normal night pattern (wakes a little, nurses, right back to sleep). I hope that we can get back on track.

Thanks so much for your input. It really helps to hear from mamas who have BTDT!

Me and DH, parents to:

DD1 (06/09), Twin DD2 and DS1 (born 3/12- 6 weeks early due to IUGR)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page