What does your baby wear? (I'm frustrated with baby clothes!) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 01-18-2010, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the hardest time regulating DD2's wardrobe. She's like a little heat rock, always warmer than everyone else, though! I can put her to bed in a onesie and no blanket, and she's still sweaty when we wake up! But if I put her to bed in just a diaper, I'm bound to wake up with her toes icy.

When we go out I usually put her in a onesie and call it good, since we're running around 70 every day. We've had a couple cool mornings where I put her in a romper-- she hated full sleepers, but the rompers are okay by her.

Angie, proud Army wife to Dan, mom to Kat (4/00) and Gracie (11/09)!!
#62 of 68 Old 01-18-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasiya View Post
I don't like separate shirts and pants - when holding the baby the shirt goes up, the pants fall down.
You make a good point and it is a pet peeve of mine. I think thats why I prefer the dress/tunic with pants because the longer length top keeps baby's torso covered much better than a shirt that hits right below the waistband (and then ends up exposing baby's belly).

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#63 of 68 Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystarr View Post
Other people seem to dress their babies much differently than I do!

I hate ALL garments that snap at the crotch. My 8 month old ds wears mostly hand-me-downs, so I put the onesie shirts on him without snapping them. (This looks sloppy, but we don't get out much.) I like a regular adult-style shirt (with snaps or folds at the shoulders to help it go over his head) and regular pants! To me, anything that goes under his crotch has the potential to get wet, and then I wind up having to change not just his pants but his shirt as well, which irritates him!

I hate wearing anything tight or constricting myself, and the sleep bags and footed pjs make me feel positively claustrophobic for him. He sleeps snuggled up to me, so he doesn't need anything too warm at night or he'll get hot. During the summer at night he just wears a shirt and a diaper. In the winter it's a shirt, diaper, and pants.

As with my first ds, I long for the days when he can wear the 12 month clothes so we can be rid of the awful crotch-snappers!
i hate onesies and one-piece clothes. loathe them. I EC so i don't want to have to take 10 minutes to undress my baby. and if they do get wet or poopy the whole outfit has to get changed, instead of just the bottoms. so perhaps once in a while when you pick them up a bit of their belly shows... so? i'm big on skin-to-skin contact with little ones especially so i just don't get trying to cover every square inch of your baby up. in fact, a t-shirt that's ridden up a little exposes that sweet belly to touch mine when we're nursing and i think that's a good thing.

i just cut the crotches off of any onesies people gave me (that i didn't have to give back ) and i only bought t-shirts (bought a lot of white ones that came in packs and dyed them). at home my babies always just wore a t-shirt and a coverless diaper, and if it was really cold then some babylegs. they were worn a lot of the time so it's not like they were freezing, and i had easy access to diaper removal for pottying and changing. when we were going out, i'd put a cover over the diaper and a pair of cotton, elastic-waist pants on (with babylegs under if it was cold and i was wearing baby, to keep legs warm) or a pair of wool longies. once my girls were walking i'd sometimes put them in dresses with no diaper at home so pottying was easier, and the boy just wore a t-shirt that was a little big. again, babylegs if it was cold.
#64 of 68 Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
Oh, and I almost never bother with socks unless we're out (and only then cause' otherwise I get dirty looks...), cause' a: *I* hate socks and never wear them unless I have shoes on
me too!

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#65 of 68 Old 01-18-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadelbosque View Post
Oh, and I almost never bother with socks unless we're out (and only then cause' otherwise I get dirty looks...), cause' a: *I* hate socks and never wear them unless I have shoes on and b: they never stay on and are really just much more of a PITA than their worth, IMO.
I hate socks too! We only put them on him if we are going out because people like to touch his feet, lol! As soon as we get home I "liberate" his little feet again

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#66 of 68 Old 01-18-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGift View Post
I know Amazon carries many different types in large sizes, like here: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Innovatio...3686806&sr=8-1
Awesome, thanks!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#67 of 68 Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM

My little guy mostly wears wool or fleece pants and long-sleeved tees. He has a couple fleece one-pieces and a few cotton one-pieces, but most one-pieces don't fit his long legged skinny frame. I too hate onesies, in part because I'm all about the wool diaper covers. I don't mind that his tees ride up - it just gives me bare belly to tickle (which makes him giggle). I do try to keep socks on him, since his toes are like ice, but he is very good at kicking them off.

As for the babylegs - I have a few pairs of huggalug brand, and they don't leave the red marks like the BLs do.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#68 of 68 Old 01-19-2010, 10:27 PM

My dd is 7.5 months old and I am not sure what percentage since we don't do well visits here, but she is wearing size 9 months carter clothes. I also got a ton of hand me downs from my SIL, but am getting to the point where I can't use half of it b/c her dd was not a cloth diaper baby...lots of too tight cutsie outfits. I just bought M some "filler" outfits...we do shirts and knit pants (I use prefolds and wool covers, so it can be bulky), dresses with tights (she chews on them too, but I don't care), and one piece outfits/overalls. I am in the process of knitting some longies, so those will be added to the mix as well.

Tanya, wife to my best friend momma to Blake 2/02, Jacob 5/04, Parker 12/05 and MaKenna : 6/09

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page