Help w/ my 11mos and naps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 11mos is finally starting to take "real" naps but she has to be held to do that. Every.single.time. I try to put her in her crib/our bed, she immediately wakes up. Holding her isn't an option. I have two other children to attend to and I really need her to get off of me quite frankly so I can spend time with my 2.5yo and get things done around the house. I've even tried a heating pad on LOW so that her bed is nice and warm. I DO NOT LET HER SLEEP WITH THE HEATING PAD. I simply warm her mattress up for her and remove the pad before I lay her down. I've tried not using a heating pad as well. This little trick worked so well with my 2.5yo but is not working for my 11mos. Please help. I'm just so touched out with nursing, and her sleeping with me, nursing during the night and now I have to hold her while she naps too?

Wife to G, mommy to dd1 (99), dd2 (07), dd3 (09)
Three beautiful girls. How did I get so very lucky?:
#2 of 3 Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM

I wear my 10 month old for naps. That way I can still get things done and play with my 2 3/5th year old.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#3 of 3 Old 01-14-2010, 03:54 PM

I can get my 7.5 month old to nap in his stroller at home. Once asleep I put him in there (with the bundle me there so warm and cozy) with his teddy and blanket. This only works if I (1) catch him right after his falls asleep, (2) keep him in a relatively dark room and (3) keep a white noise machine on pretty loudly. He often half wakes when I put him in there but kind of just grunts and shifts and falls back asleep, sometimes I rock the stroller for a minute and then sneak out.

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page