September 09 Babes & Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 837 Old 01-26-2010, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdoctor View Post
I have tried to pump at home, but I get even less than at work (like 1oz out of both breasts combined)and then I have a low supply when she wants to bf.
I'll start by saying 1 oz combined is actually a good amount from a single pumping. I know it doesn't seem that way since so many mamas can produce more, but it really is good. Do you get a let-down for the pump?

How long is she sleeping for a stretch at night? Is it more than 5 hours? Your milk production is at it's highest at night/wee hours of the morning... and if she's going more than 5 hours without feeding, it can effect your supply. So it may behoove you to make sure you pump right before bed (assuming she's already asleep) - and again first thing in the morning before you leave for work. If you do that regularly, you should signal your body to make more. If you can manage to pump after a feeding, that will also signal your body to make more, since pumping during a feeding isn't feasible for you (we use the football hold exclusively, so I can do both, but if he were in the cradle hold there's no way I could).

If you haven't tried them, I'd start with fenugreek and other herbal lactation supports - Mother Milk tea is a widely available one, or any of the herbs from Motherlove Herbals.

Also - when you pump, how much milk rises to the top of the bottle? You want a decent amount of fat... if you don't have enough fat in there, then baby will want to eat more because she's not feeling satisfied. In which case increasing your dietary fat intake will increase the fat in your milk.

And just something to remember - the breast is never empty. It may get to a point where she has to suck more for less, but it's never completely empty. If she wants to continue to suck after she's done eating, let her - it stimulates more milk production. This is one of the reasons pacifiers can effect milk supply.

Anyway - hope that helps.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#62 of 837 Old 01-27-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
I took a sewing class today so I can make A's clothes. He's so long and skinny that I can't buy off the rack for him even now. I had to resize a pattern - scanned in a NB pattern and resized it to 75% to get the right width through the chest. Then I had to add 1.5 inches in torso length and 3 inches in sleeve length to get it to the right length for my little beanpole. But I came home with a tiny little t-shirt almost finished. I'll try to remember to post a picture when I get it done. But it'll be nice to have a shirt that actually fits him properly, instead of being a crop top, or so wide you could fit 2 of him in it.
Let us know how this goes! I want to start making clothes too (not just knitting lil hats & things) but real pants. I used to make doll clothes... boy clothes shouldn't be too difficult, no?!?!?

woohoo I'm a mommy! Lil man born 9-12-09
#63 of 837 Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM

Just want to chime in with a thumbs up for the Motherlove Herbals. I have been taking the Special Blend, and it literally felt like it worked overnight!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#64 of 837 Old 01-27-2010, 12:43 PM

texmati...great vid so cute!

2boyz...holy milkies! i've still got about 300 oz stored, but we use 1 bottle/day to give her vits and me a break! i stopped pumping in october because i was just exhausted!

hugs to all the mamas struggling. i take fenugreek and blessed thistle (per dr jack newman's site) and have managed to keep my supply up. i had os issues, then had a surgery and got af and it was hard feeling like i couldn't keep up. i've been on the herbals for about 7wks and am weaning off them now.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#65 of 837 Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Do you get a let-down for the pump?

How long is she sleeping for a stretch at night? Is it more than 5 hours? Your milk production is at it's highest at night/wee hours of the morning... and if she's going more than 5 hours without feeding, it can effect your supply. So it may behoove you to make sure you pump right before bed (assuming she's already asleep) - and again first thing in the morning before you leave for work. If you do that regularly, you should signal your body to make more. If you can manage to pump after a feeding, that will also signal your body to make more, since pumping during a feeding isn't feasible for you (we use the football hold exclusively, so I can do both, but if he were in the cradle hold there's no way I could).

Also - when you pump, how much milk rises to the top of the bottle? You want a decent amount of fat... if you don't have enough fat in there, then baby will want to eat more because she's not feeling satisfied. In which case increasing your dietary fat intake will increase the fat in your milk.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I will keep trying some things and hopefully I will get more out of pumping as time goes on.

I do get a let down for the pump. The main issue seems to be the quantity I go home with. She sleeps through the night, although occasionally will wake up once to eat. I go to bed right after she eats at night so no pumping then. I tried for a while but wasn't getting anything, and then was exhausted. I do pump in the morning before I leave for work and after she has nursed twice. Lately I have been getting about 2 oz in the am.

I am not sure how much fat should be at the top of the bottles. For a 4oz bottle I would say the fat is just under 1/4th of an inch. Is this enough? My diet tends to be high in dairy fats and meat fats so I think I eat enough fat?

K(35) : married to DH (36) : Sweet DD arrived Oct 2nd!
#66 of 837 Old 01-27-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdoctor View Post
I am not sure how much fat should be at the top of the bottles. For a 4oz bottle I would say the fat is just under 1/4th of an inch. Is this enough? My diet tends to be high in dairy fats and meat fats so I think I eat enough fat?
Yup - that's a good amount.

I know that some of the donor milk I've gotten has has almost zero fat in it, so he eats more of it. The milk we're using right now though has a good amount of fat in it, so he's starting to eat less.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

#67 of 837 Old 01-27-2010, 11:43 PM

Hi everyone,
Our little guy had his 4 mo checkup Mon. 14 lbs, 6 oz, 25 in long. The doc was impressed that he had gained 4 lbs in 2 mos, she said that was good for an EBF baby. I was surprised it wasn't more because he eats all.the.time!! He has been kind of "off" since then, I think it may have to do with the vax's? Lots more poopy dipes, tummy off (extra gassy and lots of spitting up), and VERY cranky and tired. I'm thinking maybe the rotavirus vax. Anyone else have this happen? Plus he is teething so bad too. I feel just awful for him.
When he is more "himself", he enjoys using his new-found voice! He will just go on and on in his high-pitched squeal, we love it! He isn't rolling yet, but it seems my boys like to take their sweet time with those gross-motor milestones! He really doesn't like being on the floor and he HATES tummy time! So he is in the mei-tai for the most part! He will tolerate the excer-saucer for about 5 mins a stretch.
We see the cardiologist next week to follow up on some heart issues he had in utero. He has been doing really well, so if he looks good to them next week it will probably be a while til he has to see them again.
He wakes up in the night still to eat, usually 2 or 3 times. It is manageable though because he is in bed with me so he usually just snacks and we both doze off again. I do miss my full night's sleep though! I have a feeling it will be a long while before I see that again! I don't mind though, I'm in love with this guy and so thankful he's here! (didn't post here when I was pregnant, but he almost died from his heart condition @ 26 weeks)

Happily married to my hero and SAHMama to 4 precious gifts from God
#68 of 837 Old 01-28-2010, 02:56 AM

I just have to share this, that Rowan found himself in the mirror today and it was just hysterical. We have lots of mirror time, but it's often him smiling at the other mommy, not much him finding himself in there. but tonight he did.

and the weirdest thing happened.... he started talking to "it", in a voice I've never heard before. He babbles and coos and ah-goos to me all the time. but when he started talking to the "other" Rowan, it was like... baby talk. little sounds and strange giggles. how funny!

anyone else had happy mirror time?

(guess sub question would be... are you having any time with other babies? We've not introduced him to other babies yet)

#69 of 837 Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Caleb loves his "mirror self," too. It's adorable to watch!!

Anyone else still struggling with sleep? Things are getting worse here, not better. He's waking at least 6 times a night, though I don't have to nurse him each of those times. Some nights it's every half hour or hour for a chunk of time. I'm exhausted and only getting worse. I don't know why he's so restless! We're still swaddling, but he can roll now even in a full swaddle. I tried a sleep positioner, but he rolls right over it or sometimes the side that detaches attaches to his swaddle instead. I've tried not swaddling and had disastrous results.

I've tried the swing but it doesn't make a huge difference. If he wakes at 4am or later, I put him in the swing and he'll sleep til 8am, but if I put him in it earlier, he still wakes a bunch of times. I can't co-sleep because it hurts my back too much -- I was becoming immobile in the mornings because my back would lock up.

What else can I do? He only naps for 30-45 minutes and I have a 3.5-year-old, so I can't sleep when he sleeps. I need sleeeeep...!

Cristina
CPST and mom to Toby 6/06 and Caleb 8/09
#70 of 837 Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM

We haven't tried the mirror baby yet...hmm...maybe I will tonight! He has been around other babies within a few months of him, and it's hilarious to see them! At a LLL meeting we lined up 4 babies from 2 months old to 6 months old on the floor, and watched them as they rolled around, grabbed each other's hair, chewed on another baby's foot, etc. It was cute

4JMJ I'm so glad your little one is doing well now!!! What was his heart issue? There's a CHD tribe over in Special Needs Parenting if you want to talk to other heart mamas. My middle son has a genetic syndrome and cardiac defects are very common (in fact it's called VeloCARDIOfacial Syndrome) but he amazingly does not have any defects.

Those of you having supply issues, I'm sending you milk dust!! I am incredibly lucky (and THANKFUL!) to have an abundant supply, even if it means that I put up with plugged ducts, mastitis, reflux, and foremilk/hindmilk imbalance issues. I think I'd rather deal with those problems then constantly worry about not being able to pump enough. I have to work, so I'm thankful to have enough milk. And I like being able to provide my extra milk to other babies who need it, it makes me feel good

I'm not much help when it comes to sleep issues. One of my friends is dealing with sleep issues with her 6 month old, and every suggestion I've had she's tried already (this is her third baby with sleep issues). Gavin sleeps pretty well, waking at least once a night, usually twice. We have bad nights once in a while where he'll have a bad episode of reflux and be up and down all night, those nights suck (as does the next day at work for me!) but it's only on occassion so I can deal with it (so far!) Now if someone could talk to my almost 3 year old about HIS sleeping, that'd be nice

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#71 of 837 Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Mirror baby-- yep, my LO just discovered him this past week and smiles and smiles at this "other" baby. Its cute!

Real other babies-- we go out to mom/baby groups a few times a week (LLL, mom and baby yoga and a mom-baby support/chat group). Noam likes the other babies a lot. . .he doesn't smile at them as much as he does to himself in the mirror, but he loves to watch them. Since he's my first and we live far from family and I SAH with him, I think its important to get him around other babies/kids. I realized the other day that he's never been around animals though we need to get a pet or spend time around some. It seems sad that he has never smiled into the eyes of a kitty or doggy.

Sleep-- seems a lot of us are either still have sleep issues or are experiencing new sleep issues around the 4 month mark. It suck, but I have been assured that they all sleep eventually. . .my LOs "routine" has gone to hell. He now wants to wake-up early and his naps are screwy.

pastrygirl, have you considered any food intolerances? It may not be the cause if you don't have any other symptoms, but I have recently gone dairy-free and one of the things it seems to be helping is my LOs restless sleep. He still wakes 3+ times a night to nurse mind you, but he kicks and head-shakes less I find.

4 month ped appt next week! Can't wait to see how far off the charts he is now! (He's a big guy .)

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#72 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 AM
tzs

@pastry girl
we are still a good sleeper BUT there have been more foibles with the rolling all over the place stuff. maybe that's part of the issue? my kid seems to love it so much that she wants to do it ALL the time...including when she wakes up at night (and yeah, she rolls over swaddled as well.)
so that means instead of putting herself to sleep like she used to do, now some of the time she's rolling over...which means she'll start talking to herself, have some fun, then get louder and louder, until she's done with it all and start screaming/crying.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#73 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
4JMJ I'm so glad your little one is doing well now!!! What was his heart issue? There's a CHD tribe over in Special Needs Parenting if you want to talk to other heart mamas. My middle son has a genetic syndrome and cardiac defects are very common (in fact it's called VeloCARDIOfacial Syndrome) but he amazingly does not have any defects.
He was diagnosed with Super Ventricular Tachycardia (SVT) @ 26 weeks. His heart rate was 320 bpm! As a result of that he also developed fetal hydrops (retaining a bunch of excess fluid in his body). His poor little heart wasn't contracting, it was just quivering. I went to the hospital to get checked because I hadn't felt him move that day. We were immediately hospitalized and they told us the prognosis was not good at all. (They said he had a close to zero chance of survival.) We were completely devastated, I can't even put it into words (never had the slightest problem with any of my other pregnancies, no family history, etc). They started me on mega-doses of 2 different heart meds, and his heart rate went back into normal range after about a week. They discharged me after 9 days, and we had weekly dr. appts. and ultrasounds for the rest of the pregnancy. I contiuned on the meds until he was delivered at 37 1/2 weeks (they induced because the meds were making me horribly ill). After he was born we stayed in the hospital for 5 days to monitor his heart and thankfully he was doing great! We still see a cardiologist for monitoring, his next appt. is next week. Dr. said if he does well, then it will be a while before we have to go back. Oh and he has not had to be on any meds! They can't give us any reason why this all happened (no heart defects, with the exception of a bi-cuspid valve, which they say is totally unrelated.) So I thank God every day for our miracl baby!
Sorry that was kind of a ramble, you asked me a simple question and I gave you his life story!

Happily married to my hero and SAHMama to 4 precious gifts from God
#74 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4JMJ View Post
He was diagnosed with Super Ventricular Tachycardia (SVT) @ 26 weeks. His heart rate was 320 bpm! As a result of that he also developed fetal hydrops (retaining a bunch of excess fluid in his body). His poor little heart wasn't contracting, it was just quivering. I went to the hospital to get checked because I hadn't felt him move that day. We were immediately hospitalized and they told us the prognosis was not good at all. (They said he had a close to zero chance of survival.) We were completely devastated, I can't even put it into words (never had the slightest problem with any of my other pregnancies, no family history, etc). They started me on mega-doses of 2 different heart meds, and his heart rate went back into normal range after about a week. They discharged me after 9 days, and we had weekly dr. appts. and ultrasounds for the rest of the pregnancy. I contiuned on the meds until he was delivered at 37 1/2 weeks (they induced because the meds were making me horribly ill). After he was born we stayed in the hospital for 5 days to monitor his heart and thankfully he was doing great! We still see a cardiologist for monitoring, his next appt. is next week. Dr. said if he does well, then it will be a while before we have to go back. Oh and he has not had to be on any meds! They can't give us any reason why this all happened (no heart defects, with the exception of a bi-cuspid valve, which they say is totally unrelated.) So I thank God every day for our miracl baby!
Sorry that was kind of a ramble, you asked me a simple question and I gave you his life story!
No, thank you for sharing!!! Wow, what a miracle!!! And how great that your mommy instincts alerted you and you went in to get checked...wow!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#75 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
pastrygirl, have you considered any food intolerances?
I had thought about that back when he was really having trouble with spitting-up and only sleeping for two minutes at a time. But he didn't have any other signs of food intolerance (normal diapers, etc.), and Prevacid started doing its magic for his reflux. Last night, I tried the swaddling method from this video that was posted on another thread here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnsKlluHIg

He only woke up twice to nurse, and didn't even wake up a bazillion times after I first put him to bed! He also took a longer nap this morning swaddled like that -- almost an hour! No thumping or trying to roll, or anything. I think it keeps him nice and tight and bundled so he still feels held.

4JMJ -- wow, what a story! It really is a miracle!

Cristina
#76 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 11:57 AM

Gavin slept all night last night!! YAY! So when I woke up, I was really full and pumped a BUNCH of milk (14oz!!) Right after I was done pumping, Gavin woke up (of course!) so I nursed him on both sides, trying to give him at least a little! THEN Connor woke up and wanted to nurse, after nursing for a few minutes, he pulled off, signed "mommy milk all gone", and asked for a cup of milk.

As I was pouring Connor's cup of milk, Ian (almost 5 years old) said "Mommy, will you ever have more milk?" I laughed, and said "yes, Ian, my body will make more in a little bit." He thought about it, then said "is it like pee, after I pee I can't pee anymore, but later I can?" And I said "Yes, exactly, it's just like that." He thought for a minute, then said "so if you wait to pump a long time, then you'll REALLY pump a lot, just like when I pee a whole lot!"

Yep, that's right! He's got it figured out

#77 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4JMJ View Post
Wow! Amazing! So happy to hear you LO is doing great now!

Momma to Samuel Wyatt 8/15/09 and our new addition Jack 9/25/11!   mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpgcd.gif

#78 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 PM

I'm wondering how many of us are dealing with teeth already? My little guy is cutting one right now. I thought at first it was just more of the same drooling and chewing on everything, but no - there really is a tooth emerging (top left).

#79 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I'm wondering how many of us are dealing with teeth already? My little guy is cutting one right now. I thought at first it was just more of the same drooling and chewing on everything, but no - there really is a tooth emerging (top left).
Caleb already has his two bottom teeth, and the ones next to those are starting to pop through. CRAZY.

Cristina
#80 of 837 Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanKX View Post
I just have to share this, that Rowan found himself in the mirror today and it was just hysterical.
Awww... this is so cute! DS is just now getting interested in the baby in the mirror. The other day at the doctor's (big mirror), he was looking at himself like "yup, I look good!".

How are you mama's doing recovery wise? I'm afraid I'm stuck on the couch for another weekend-- this c-section pain just won't go away!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#81 of 837 Old 01-30-2010, 02:20 AM

Hi all. Amazing how much our babies are growing! Viv is about 16 lbs an 26.5 inches long. She growing so well.

I finally posted my birth story on that forum.

Will try to stop in longer soon - nak.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#82 of 837 Old 01-30-2010, 11:43 AM

Tex-

What does your dr say? You shouldn't be feeling pain...

#83 of 837 Old 01-30-2010, 03:53 PM

#84 of 837 Old 02-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Tex-

What does your dr say? You shouldn't be feeling pain...
*sigh*, the last time I called (I think I was about 4 months ppd), the nurse said that it was normal- and that she also had pain.

TBH, I'm dreading going back to that office, or even calling them. This pain happened around the time of my first AF, so I'm thinking maybe it was related to that?

I don't know whether to take it easy or power through, yk?

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#85 of 837 Old 02-02-2010, 06:25 PM

I don't know, Tex, it just doesn't seem right that you'd still be feeling pain. Hopefully another c/s mom can chime in. Maybe try posting in the VBAC forum? All those moms have had prior c/s.

I took Gavin for his 4 month well baby today. He's doing great! He was 14lbs14oz (50%), 26.5in (90%), and 43cm head (85%). Developmentally he's hitting all his milestones just fine. The dr expressed concern about his weight, because he started above the 95% and has dropped to the 50% already, but I'm so NOT concerned. However, he does spit up a lot, and still has "colicky" episodes that I assume are reflux-related, so I suppose it's prudent to watch his weight a bit more closely. We go back in a month for just a weight check.

Question for you mamas of reflux babes...Gavin only has occassional episodes of obvious pain, with the back arching, screaming, trouble eating, etc. It happens maybe twice a week and lasts anywhere from 1-3 hours each time. Then just...goes away. I can't seem to tie it to anything I eat (although if I eat too much dairy, I can trigger an episode, but there have been several times when it didn't appear related to dairy). I asked the dr if there is anything I can do for acute attacks like that, and he said that Maalox or Mylanta is okay. I've never heard of this, and haven't had time to research it yet. Has anyone else been told that it's okay? Has anyone tried it? I'm not to the point of wanting to medicate him daily, I don't think it's that bad. But if I can give him something for acute attacks like that, then I'm considering it. Thoughts?

Gavin gave me 8 straight hours of sleep last week! Of course since that night he's back to waking twice a night on average. But that one night was HEAVENLY!! And it was perfect timing, too, because we have a little cold going through our house, and I really needed a bit of sleep! Of course Connor didn't sleep through the night that night, but I still got more sleep than usual! (I don't sleep much...sigh...)

How's weightloss going for you gals? Frustratingly I've been having trouble getting consistent workouts in lately. I was doing good in December, then got mastitis. Then the holidays. Then I was doing good again, and I got sick. SIGH. I'm keeping at it, but it seems like it's one thing after another! I'm being careful to take care of myself, eating well, hydrating, resting when I can, etc. I have about 7 pounds on me still that I REALLY want to get rid of, plus I'm just out of shape! And I don't like it. I'm willing to put the work in, my body just isn't cooperating yet.

#86 of 837 Old 02-02-2010, 09:37 PM

I'm feeling very out of shape. I'm not too concerned with the weight. I'm back to my pre-preggo weight, although that means I'm still a bit heavy. But it's just the changes in my body, now gravity pulls and extra skin instead of what I was before. Not too happy about the boobs. Are there boob-lift exercises? haha
I walk every day with Rowan in the ergo. When it gets warmer and I feel the need to switch to a stroller, the jogger is there. Right now I like having him on me too much...but of course that means we go a bit slower and look at everything and sing little songs and, well, hang out more than true exercise! :-)

#87 of 837 Old 02-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I don't know, Tex, it just doesn't seem right that you'd still be feeling pain. Hopefully another c/s mom can chime in. Maybe try posting in the VBAC forum? All those moms have had prior c/s.
I had a c-section with Toby, and my pain didn't last long, definitely not months. I would get checked out, it doesn't sound normal. My c-section recovery was easier than my VBAC recovery. What exactly hurts? Is it the incision itself, or certain movements, etc.?

Cristina
#88 of 837 Old 02-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Tex, I agree that you probably shouldn't be having pain still. It's a little disconcerting that they just dismissed you as well.

2boyzmama, that seems weird to give Gavin maalox or mylanta but I don't really know. Lake had some issues with gas and my mom recommended Gripe Water to me. I don't know the name of the kind I have right now but it's completely organic. Gripe Water also helps with reflux and teething. Whenever Lake is crying and we can't figure out why, we give him a little bit of this and it helps. It's our little magic bullet.

Jordan, I feel exactly the way you do. I've actually lost too much weight (DH doesn't think I look scary skinny yet but I'm on the edge I think). I would like to say goodbye to the saggy boobs and stretched belly skin but I just don't have the energy to exercise. Does exercise help with those problems?

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#89 of 837 Old 02-03-2010, 07:18 PM

We had our 4 month well-baby check today and my little man is officially a big man! (And I don't know how this happened as DH and I are both small/normal size people.) He weighed in at 19lbs 2oz! And was 26 inches in length with a head circumference of 17.5 inches. All of which are in the 80%-95%. Whew! That's a lot of mama milk! I've actually had days of feeling weird about how big he was--like I was creating a "Haagendas baby" as I heard one mom put it not too nicely--but I've decided to embrace it. He's chubby, but not grossly so, IMO and he's happy and healthy. Sure he's heavy to carry around , but I should be proud to have made such a big, lovely boy!

We went to a new Ped. due to a move, and she seemed to think he was healthy as can be too. She supported the EBF didn't balk at the co-sleeping, and she didn't even give us grief over not vaccinating (we are delaying), although of course she urged us to consider getting into the regular vax schedule ASAP. Whatever.

Besides that, Noam is going through some 4 month fussiness/sleep weirdness. But is still generally super happy. Talks a lot, wants to stand all the time, chews everything, has gotten really good at grabbing (including my hair/nose/clothes), laughs (the cutest thing ever!). . .its all pretty awesome!

I'd love to have a little more "me" time--he still doesn't sleep well alone, so I wind up napping with him. . .which sounds good, but when you have things to get done around the house or for yourself its kinda frustrating. I am back to my pre-pg weight, but feeling very out of shape. I think I *look* about the same as I did pre-pg, but my body feels different. I am trying to take walks with Noam and also go to a mom-baby yoga class once a week.

I have gotten really into CDing. . .it has replaced other "addictions" of my pre-mom life. Instead of shopping for myself, I shop for baby stuff! Internet shopping is both a blessing and a curse!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#90 of 837 Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 PM

Wow, Kismetbaby! Go Momma Milk, good job

I have a question for you Mommas. and in keeping with our TMI's (haha we have SO many). I have a question for you.

So, when DTD it still hurts. I am ashamed to admit we haven't as much as either DH or I would like, (co-sleeping is getting in the way a bit), so when we actually do get a chance the fact that it's hurting me is REALLY getting to be a show stopper. DH get's frustrated and says it "shouldn't hurt" he thinks I am not into it, etc. I try and tell him that things are dry, and that we need to "practice a bit".. but more often than not it's killed his/our mood.

My question for you is SHOULD it hurt? I didn't tear at all during birth, just a few skid marks. Though I had a little bit of a hard time healing from them... my MW actually took a stick of silver nitrate to one of the areas, and then I waited a week or two to let it heal good. But still in pain.

We've tried the lots of lube, though maybe i need better quality? I have only been able to plan to have the "couple glasses of wine" to loosen up a few times, as we are trying our little escapades mid afternoon while Sam naps.

What to do? I have needs and I KNOW my husband does too! Should I have a doc look at it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page