amber teething necklaces - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-18-2010, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi - just wondering if these have worked for your teething babes. one of my twinks is not a happy camper right now and am wondering if they are worth the $$$.
#2 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 12:34 AM

Well, the necklace I bought cost 21 dollars. That seems to be the standard price for a genuine baltic amber necklace designed for teething. You may be able to find one for less through the trading post here...

I didn't use one for dd1 or dd2, but we are using one on ds right now. Personally, I adore amber and like the way it looks. I find it soothing to the touch, and there is some scientific support for it's use as a mild pain reliever. In terms of DS, I've noticed that he is a bit less fussy when wearing his necklace. DH has noticed this as well... actually, he tends to notice the opposite. He tends to comment on how fussy ds is on those days when I've forgotten his necklace.

So... I think it may help and it can't hurt.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 01:18 AM

dd has been wearing hers for just over 3 mo, and her teething process has been a cake walk relative to what I hear from most other moms. she just doesn't seem as uncomfortable as she "should" be given what's going on in there. I think it was totally worth the money (I also paid $21)
#4 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 02:04 AM

My daughter is 13 mo and has 12 teeth already and 4 more on the way. She has some night-time discomfort when the gums are swollen but seems to be in very little pain. In her 13 mo she only cried one time when the back molars were coming in, they popped out that night and that was the end of it.

She has worn her honey colored amber necklace 24/7 since she was a few weeks old. I think there is a dramatic difference between this teething experience and the one with my first daughter who did not wear the necklace.
#5 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 PM

i swear by amber! dd is less fussy, and went from spitting up 3 times a day to once every 3-5.

Married to David since 2/16/08. Baby wearing, breastfeeding, bed sharing, delayed vaxing, cloth diapering, SAHM to Bella, my punctual little girl, born on her due date, 9/3/09
#6 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I've noticed no difference between wearing the amber necklace and not.

They are incredibly cute, though.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page