Baby Record Book - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first post on the site, although I have been using it as a reference for awhile. I can't seem to find a search function, so I thought I would throw this out there, and see if anyone has any favorites or recommendations...

I am looking for a baby book for by baby due in March. My MIL bought the baby book for my first born, and it just wasn't quite my style. I am not "cutesy", no cartoons, or popular characters.

I want space to record the important things, but because we do things slightly differently (bedsharing, ECing), I don't want the pages to all be completely determined.

I do have a journal that I am keeping, and will do a scrapbook for photos, so this is meant more as a keepsake...probably for me more than anything, what little boy is going to want it

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 03:39 PM

This will be a hard one!.... I was lucky and found one in a chairty shop ( they don't seem to sell these anymore - its really Old! lol)...so it left out sections like 'scan photo' and 'immunisations', etc. ...which would be left blank anyhow! lol

I liked my Peter Rabbit one that I got for DS - but that too had things in it left blank.

Try Amazon and look at the reviews...if it gets horrible reviews, its probably one you want (because it will have left out things like that! lol)

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#3 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 04:42 PM

Not sure how much you want to spend. But this website had a large selection when I was looking for my sister in Nov.

www.baby-memory-books.com

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#4 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 06:31 PM

There are some gorgeous books on etsy.com. They may cost more than you'd spend in a big store but are just beautiful. The sellers will also be willing to work with you to customize a book like you want.

Sara:  Playing ref to my jumpers.gif    Sweet Pea 10 read.gif Tootle Pants 7 bouncy.gif& Trouble Monkey diaper.gif 18 mo

#5 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 PM

I'd recommend "The First 1000 Days" book, illustrated by Nikki McClure. It is mostly blank. Very beautifully illustrated (if you like her style) and simple. I love it.

First 1000 Days: A Baby Journal

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
#6 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 PM

I love the Nikki McClure book! I love her artwork.

But, I am not the type who likes to fill in what other people feel is important. I keep a blog for my older son (that I started when I was pregnant with him), and will start including this pregnancy on it as well. What I plan to do is use http://www.blurb.com/ to create our own baby book. I will transfer the text from his blog and from a calendar that I jotted things down on and add all my favorite photos and it will be a really nice looking personalized book. He is 4 and half now, so I think I will make it from pregnancy to age 5, but you could easily just do the first year. You can get as many as you want printed so you can save one for him if you'd like. This is what we are going to do for photo albums as well, as it is actually cheaper or just as much as printing out all the photos we never printed since going digital.
#7 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM

moved to LWAB

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#8 of 9 Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 PM

I have the 1,000 days book too, but it is small and won't be able to hold photos larger than 4 x 6.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#9 of 9 Old 01-29-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catters View Post
I'd recommend "The First 1000 Days" book, illustrated by Nikki McClure. It is mostly blank. Very beautifully illustrated (if you like her style) and simple. I love it.

First 1000 Days: A Baby Journal
I have this...I think it makes a really nice journal for a mother. It feels more like a journal than a keepsake to me, but I kind of like that because I feel less pressure to fill it out perfectly. I also found a more traditional one that I didn't hate, and I've been planning to work on a photo book little by little as the year goes by, and have one printed after each birthday. That's what happens when you can't decide what you want to do!

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page