Weight plateau around 7 mo - what's normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I read enough references around here that infants' weights plateau around 7-9 mo for awhile. My DD has gained not 1 oz all of her 7th to 8th mo. She has remained the same (minus 1/2 ounce actually).

So - what is normal? Is that kind of complete plateau for a month within acceptable range? How many months can it stay the same? When does it start budging again?

Please share your experiences and what your LOs' weights were around the 7-10 month marks?
#2 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 AM

My DD didn't gain for a while around that time. She started gaining again around 10 months. She gained a couple lbs rather quickly in her 10th month, then didn't gain again for a while. She gained a couple more lbs in her 12th month.

It seems like she would gain after reaching other mile stones. For example, she didn't gain while learning to crawl. Once she had crawling down she started gaining again.

I try not to be concerned with what is "normal." That is just averages and has nothing to do with individuals. If your DD is extremely small for her age and doesn't eat right, then you should see her dr. Otherwise, i wouldn't stress about it. If she is happy and seems healthy, then she probably is.

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

#3 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 10:39 AM

I don't know what's "normal," but my 10mo DS has only gained 1 1/2lb since August/September, and he's totally healthy,happy and fine. He was 23lb and some change at 4 months, and he's 25lbs now.
#4 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 11:22 AM

I think it's normal because that's a common time for babies to get mobile. My ds plateued around then but it also coincided with him getting sick and crawling - at 11mo he weighs just a pound more than he did at 7mo but he's gotten crazy mobile and gotten a lot taller, he eats a ton and has been sick twice so it hasn't concerned us (or our ped)

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#5 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 AM

I don't know what's "normal" but my DS was 20 lbs at 6 months and now is about 21 lbs at 10 months. He was a little chubster and he got a little taller and thinned out some.

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page