May '09 Mamas - Feeling Lucky in March! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to March!

Last full month of deployment It's a good thing too because DS broke my glasses in half this morning

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#2 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Subbing

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#3 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 PM

my body gave in this morning. I only had one incident but my body is achy. Hope everyone else had a better weekend!

We create our own reality.
#4 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Changed the thread title, thought that would be a better reflection of the month for all of us

Kelly - My kids are 20 months apart so roughly the same as your's will be. At age one we ended up moving him into a twin bed pushed against our bed to help transition him to a bed, and by 14 months he was nightweaned (Dr. Jay Gordon method) and started sleeping through the night. By the time Laine was born he moved to his own room and has been sleeping there ever since. So that definitely worked for us and allowed me to get enough sleep, co-sleeping with the two of them wasn't an option because they wake each other up. Hopefully you can find something that works well for you

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#5 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 PM

I feel so out of the loop, but it's been a busy 9 months for us here! We moved in with my parents for a while when my dad broke his hip, so we are just getting home and back into the swing of things here. Lily is a great baby, but she's a terrible teether! She's beyond cranky, runs a fever, doesn't sleep... the whole nine yards! I think we are over the worst of it though. She's got 6 teeth so far. Not crawling yet, but she sure wants to. Hopefully she figures it out soon! I think I'm joining the decluttering challenge. My house is too small to have this much stuff!

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#6 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Banned

hello may mamas!
Yay for your hubby coming home soon Katie! I can only imagine how exciting that must be.

We are officially moving out of our apartment in a month, into my MIL's (sigh thought I'd never have to live there again) for 5 months then when our apartment is done being built at my mom's house we will be living in Maine! I am so incredibly excited and ready for this huge change in our lives. We have been on Cape Cod for over 5 years and I am ready to move back to the place I love best, and DH is really excited too which always helps. My mom is literally building us a 2 floor huge apartment in the unfinished part of her house. We are going to have chickens and a garden and the kind of life that I want Della to be able to experience as a young child so this is a huge huge deal!!
Sorry I'm just so excited I have to brag about it

In baby land, Della will be 9 months in exactly a week and still no real words yet, just lots of dadadada and babababas. She also finally figured out how to pick up food and instead of just drop it, actually put it in her mouth so that is helpful in the feeding department. She has been cruising all over the place and is starting to be able to stand on her own for up to about 6 seconds. I don't know about other babies in our little group but I knew from day 1 she was really ahead of the curve but of course much less verbal than a lot of babies her age. It must be like that for a lot of babies though right? Super verbal and maybe not physical or the other way around?

I hope everyone has a wonderful March. I am going stir crazy and am ready to be outside a lot again. It snowed last night just as a reminder that we still can't be out playing really but soon! Oh yeah Della's sleep has suddenly become terrible, the dreaded 9 month sleep regression I am thinking. It literally takes over an hour to get her to sleep each night even though she's exhausted. I miss the days of easy sleep but some day I know they will come back!
#7 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#8 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 03:17 PM

Hi ladies! I'm SO excited to be back online. My laptop has been out of comission. I'm happy to join back in on the conversations......

Katie- excited about the countdown for your hubby's arrival!
Ldavis- where in Maine will you be? Wonder if you'll be nearby?

I have 2 bits of news. Griffin has eczema. He has had this rash for months and the Dr just said it was a viral rash but its gotten much worse and so they said its eczema and to just lube him up, but of course I am going to get to the bottom of it so I have him on some really basic foods to see if its related. I got him all cleared up in a matter of 3 days and then gave him some crackers and its full blown again. So I am wondering if it wheat. Grr. So frustrating. Doc said that allergy testing is not that accurate at this age so they won't recommend that.

And I just got my first post partum period. Yuck. I had forgotten all about how horrid it is. And now I need to order a new diva cup because I hate hate hate tampons and I threw away my old one.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#9 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

April - I talked in the other thread about Liam having a milk allergy and I'm pretty sure Laine has issues with it as well. I started them both on digestive enzymes and probiotics about 2 weeks ago and Liam's eczema has completely cleared up. So that may be something you can look into to help.

Lauren - They typically do one thing over another until they perfect them. Liam was an early walker and then a talker. Good luck with your move!

I am very excited to get this thing over with. My MIL asked me yesterday if they could come down for his homecoming and I declined. I've let them come for every huge event and I feel like it always detracts from us spending time together as a family, as well intentioned as it is. Plus having adult relations when my IL's are down the hall is kind of weird for me So I told her it was a big adjustment period from us and if she wanted to come the next weekend or week after he gets back that'd be fine with me. I think she's mad about it because she didn't reply back to me, but too bad I guess.

#10 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

And BOOOOO for AF!! I'm in my luteal phase and my milk is starting to drop again, ugh.

#11 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 03:44 PM

fwiw, there's a correlation between eczema and asthma. i don't have links but WuWei/Pat in the Allergies or Health & Healing forum probably does...
If you need some gluten free recipes, give me a shout, April. We're free of gluten, dairy, egg, (most) nut and a few other things. I've been considering trying some of my recipes with eggs but haven't yet. Mostly because I can't justify making baked goods that my oldest baby can't eat. I really want to do an egg trial for him though. It's been almost 2 years since he had an egg (or gluten, or dairy ).

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#12 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 PM

sub

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#13 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Banned

lotus we will be in the Fryeburg area as of August!
I haven't had a ppaf yet but today all day I was feeling really crampy and miserable and finally it dawned on me that it might any day now. Otherwise there is something else going on?? So I am just going to assume its my first ppaf!

Katie to the MIL---pffft she'll get over it. Enjoy your DH with your kids before the rest of the family swoops in would be how I handled it too!
#14 of 223 Old 03-01-2010, 09:11 PM

Our sleep has kind of been beyond nightmarish lately. What is the 9 mos sleep regression and does it go away? Someday? Eventually?

She doesn't want to nurse when she wakes up for the 9 millionth time or want her paci, she is just up and cranky because she wants to go back to sleep Im also up and cranky for the same reason!

I havent had PP AF and Im hoping to hold off for a while. I didn't get it back til 14 mos with dd1. Of course the tiny pregnancy paranoia that hits every once in a while is annoying but I don't think as annoying as AF.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#15 of 223 Old 03-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned

landlady just came up and said that someone is coming to look at the apartment to rent in April, tonight!!!

Soooo irritated, the place is an absolute mess as I have begun packing and organizing and sifting through stuff. DH won't be home til 5 and I am supposed to magically clean the walls in the bedroom with the oil marks from the humidifer over the weekend and everything else.

I know some mamas here have moved before either with a baby or kids how did you manage it! What did you absolutely have to pack for you LO? We are planning on packing everything but toys and clothes pretty much!
#16 of 223 Old 03-02-2010, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

We've moved a lot, both while pregnant, with one child at various ages, and with two children. It's easiest just to either pack with a kid on your back and enlist the help of others, or do it at night. It's good to downsize on what you leave out, maybe a week's worth or clothing and pajamas. I usually leave one or two big toys out and some smaller ones. You can wait until you're closer to leaving to pack some things as well, just prioritize one room at a time from least to greatest importance.

#17 of 223 Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 PM

Subbing!

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#18 of 223 Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 PM

I am sick with strep and cold. I remember reading countless times about milk supply dropping when one is sick.
Is it due to just the act of being sick? OR the medicines one takes during the sickness? OR because some moms may tend not to nurse their LOs as often for fear of passing on the illness? Does anyone know? Any experiences to share?
#19 of 223 Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

You can get dehydrated when you're sick, and your body is using it's resources to get you well in addition to producing milk. Sudafed can reduce milk supply if taken frequently. It's actually a really good idea to nurse frequently when you're sick because the baby will get antibodies that can prevent them from getting sick.

#20 of 223 Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_Mom View Post
I am sick with strep and cold. I remember reading countless times about milk supply dropping when one is sick.
Is it due to just the act of being sick? OR the medicines one takes during the sickness? OR because some moms may tend not to nurse their LOs as often for fear of passing on the illness? Does anyone know? Any experiences to share?
My supply never dropped when sick. I have only taken Tylenol or Tylenol Allergy. I always nursed as normal.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#21 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 AM

Depends on what you mean by sick. Katie is right most of your coming or going sicknesses get you dehydrated. I was told once if you are taking meds to dry up the gunk for a minor sickness that it can effect your supply. Dunno if thats 100% true but sounds probable to me.

Homecomings - both husbands and moving your family home (ldavis).

for annoyed inlaws and crappy landlords.

boo on sickness, AF and sleep regression

Yep I think that sums up the thread so far

I don't know what the problem is but I've been losing it everyday this last week. DD1 is just pushing every button and then flopping to being sweet as can be so I feel like crap about yelling! AGH! Then to top it off she got soap in her eye this evening and screamed her head off the entire night. I felt so sad she was in pain but by the time it was going on two hours of screaming wanting her to just zip it. By the end of it she was just screaming to be screaming and I am getting so fed up. Between the lack of sleep, being kicked and hit 50 times a day, the constant screaming (including myself), DH giving me crap for the lack of sex life recently, waking up with a headache every morning and feeling like a shtias (yes explitive) mom, for the first time ever I am seriously considering taking a weekend off. One night a month isn't cutting it. I think part of the problem too is the fact my cycle is going on two months, so I'm fairly certain my hormones are off. /vent sorry

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#22 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Banned

I loved how you summed up the thread Oceans! It made me laugh really hard!

Tell your husband he can handle the lack of sex himself Thats usually what I say to DH when he starts harping on that, although fortunately that hasn't happened in a while. Maybe you need a few hours to yourself? I don't know how you could get that but I find my favorite part of the day sometimes is taking a 40 minute shower. I can be totally alone and it is soooo relaxing. A mini break if you can't have a nice big one!
#23 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

I sympathize with you, OE. I don't know what happened to DS but I feel like he's such a difficult child lately. He's all of a sudden being really mean to Laine and pushing and hitting her. Or hitting me. He has always been so good with her so I don't get it. He's definitely jealous and wants more attention from me, but he does the terrible two thing where he refuses to cooperate or do anything with me because of the "if mom suggested it I have to refuse" mentality that two year olds seem to have. Even when he suggests something, if I agree with it he has to do the opposite. Very frustrating.

I'm glad this is the last month because I can't handle another month of this I told DH last night that I'm just going to check out mentally for a while, I know in reality I can't do that because he has no idea how to care for two children, but I wish I could.

#24 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 04:48 PM

Ah, my patience has been running out too. I find it so hard to deal with dss, he just has this really bad attitude about everything. The other night with cleaning up, he as always didnt want to and basically told me to shut up and leave his room because he just wanted to play. Im still being like, c'mon ill help you, then he starts FREAKING out about me helping him and tells me he can do it by himself, then I leave because he obviously doesnt want my help and then starts freaking out that he wants my help. He spends like half the day crying and screaming about something and I feel like I just live with a headache. His mom on the other hand keeps bringing him here for extra days, drops him off without warning when it's about to be Sophia's naptime, so that means she'll get excited to see him and not sleep and get grumpy. Then she says she'll pick him up at 9am on Sunday (calls the day before to say that he needs to be ready then). DP wakes up to give him a bath and get him ready, Sophia wakes up because of all the activity/noise and I wake up and then he gets picked up after noon.

Sophia doesnt want to sleep. Ldavis, she has always taken at least an hour to fall asleep, now sometimes the bedtime ritual extends 3-4 hours, with me giving up somewhere in the middle. Then she wakes up and sits up and starts crawling or standing, or blabbering. She just wants to be active all day long. So Im usually feeling kinda grumpy because Im not sleeping well

I've been keeping up with the decluterring though and I feel much better. It's all a mess, but I've been getting rid of so maaaany things.
#25 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 05:15 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one whose child is having sleep issues lately! For us, I think the past couple nights may be due to being on antibiotics and her belly hurting. She has had diarrhea because of them, and I am so thankful that they are done tomorrow. Hopefully that will help her sleep. However, she is also very close to walking (yikes!) so I think there might be some developmental reasons hindering her sleep.

Who knows, all those hours we spend awake I guess I'm just grasping at straws

Katie - so exciting your DH is coming home soon.

Lauren - that stinks about your landlady not giving you much notice when showing your apartment, but yay for coming to Maine!

Oceans - sounds like you have a lot going on! My DH gives me crap for a lack of sex life too (we still manage at least once a week, which to me is pretty good considering!) and we only have one kid.

Aside from the sleep issues, I am finding this to be a really fun age. Olivia is just so BUSY! Speaking of... she is playing in the dog's water dish so I think that's my cue...

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#26 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 PM

for decluttering and getting off abx!

Katie - Well once he gets adjusted he better give you a break! I honestly don't know how you do it! You deserve a week off if anyone ever did!

Anna's sleep schedule has gotten off this last week too. Last night tho I ended up in one of my DD's twin beds w/ her so when Anna woke up she was stuck between me and the wall - haha mama had a smart moment so I just laid there until she decided to nurse again.

Sex life - yeah, I kinda feel bad for DH tho. Before we had kids we were a 10 times minimum a week kind of couple. Then after having DD1 and DD2 is changed to 3-5 times a week. Now he's lucky if I'm interested once a week. I've been popping pumpkin and sunflower seeds like crazy but I just have no sex drive. It's just one of those things tho where the moment I get the girls to sleep I want some time to myself and instead he's like "my turn!" so I get pissed at him for acting like that, then he gets pissed at me for being pissed. So it's just frustrating cause him not understanding makes me want to have sex even less. The romance is just gone I guess We'll be having our seventh anniversary this year in october (ninth just being together) I guess it was just time for romance to set sail

#27 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
Sex life - yeah, I kinda feel bad for DH tho. Before we had kids we were a 10 times minimum a week kind of couple. Then after having DD1 and DD2 is changed to 3-5 times a week. Now he's lucky if I'm interested once a week. I've been popping pumpkin and sunflower seeds like crazy but I just have no sex drive. It's just one of those things tho where the moment I get the girls to sleep I want some time to myself and instead he's like "my turn!" so I get pissed at him for acting like that, then he gets pissed at me for being pissed. So it's just frustrating cause him not understanding makes me want to have sex even less. The romance is just gone I guess We'll be having our seventh anniversary this year in october (ninth just being together) I guess it was just time for romance to set sail
I hear you all complaining about no sex life, but I'm not seeing it.
Last time we DTD was before DS3 was born. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever. None. Give me a week to sleep and then I might consider it. Maybe.
I blame it all on thyroid issues. And DH (who does VERY little to help with the kids or house).

#28 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 PM

Jacqueline

#29 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 PM

What are some ideas in your arsenal for taking care of your sick bubs? My DD is sick with a runny nose and some elevated temp and she never had one earlier. So I called her ped just now but what would you do?
#30 of 223 Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 PM

What does abx stand for?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page