Mothering Forum banner

Where do you shop for clothing?

1K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  IslandMamma 
#1 ·
I need to find a good source for baby clothes that are all cotton and well-priced. Good selection too. Hanna Andersson is a bit too pricey for us and things like gap and old navy just have terrible selection. It would also be ideal to find pants that fit over cloth diapers.
THanks,
TIffany

#5 ·
I know this isn't very exciting, but I get lots of stuff at Target. My 2 yr old is still in diapers, and the all cotton Hanes sweatpant bottoms are perfect! They're $3 each, and they totally fit over his diaper butt.
For my 9 month old, I love the cotton rompers/pjs that they have at babies r us, they're usually $8 each on sale.

#7 ·
i love gymnboree its a little pricey but i shop sales sales sales sales. no it was alot easier with one to shop sales cause we would go to the mall alot
i love to just walk around and people watch...:LOL

but sometimes they have UNREAL DEALS and i stock up, also oshgosh has GREAT DEALS as well. CARSIN PIER SCOTT is my favorit deprtment store another SALE scower...

im starting to get out more weather nicer babe is biger, babe #2 that is.

i also love carters oh they have great clothes too.

i am finding from hand me down experience- carters and gymboree hold up good.

my boys are 100% boys

im not a real online shopper cause then i have to pay shipping. i know id probley end up paying with gas but i love the bargin..

good luck and HAVE FUN!

#11 ·
total thrift store and salvation army
GREAT deals and good quality, even if we weren't poor

i'd still shop used, my dd is 6 months old and is growing out of size 12 month and into 18 month!
with that kind of speed,it is ridiculous to spend much money on new clothes, there lots of cute options that are used, but look new, and are super cheap!

#17 ·
I buy most of my kids' clothes used. Resale shops are great places to get name brand clothes for super cheap prices. I've gotten tons of Baby Gap, OshKosh, Gymboree, and even some Hanna clothes for super great deals. The great thing about these brands is that they wear so well you can hardly tell the clothes have been used to begin with.

They really only get new clothes as gifts.

Oh, and I second the thumbs up for Target. That is really the only place that I buy new clothes for them.

Bec

#16 ·
My boys are lucky enough to have a grandma and a great-grandma who both love buring them Hanna clothes. . .

We also get some things from www.babystyle.com I like the "our softest" collection (softest long-sleeve t-shirt, softest short-sleeve t-shirt, softest pull-on pant (these fit over our cloth dipes easily)). They are reasonably priced, very soft, solid colors. I often will buy last seasons left-over colors which they sell for 50% off; check out the OUTLET on the website.

I have a couple of rompers from basic brilliance that I am not happy with. They are poor quality IMO. The snaps are too far apart, and the threads come undone easily.

HTH!

#18 ·
Value Village thrift store is one of our favourites, as it's cheap and if you're willing to look you can find some AWESOME deals - we have gorgeous OSHKOSH overalls that we found for a couple of dollars, and even some European dresses....that and I never worry about how rough the kids are with them!

I second the vote for Sears, I'm often surprised by how cheap some things can be there. And also keep your eyes open for kid swaps at recreation centre, here in Vancouver BC it can be a great source for gently used kids clothing for very reasonable prices!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.