Am I "being a martyr?" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 03-22-2010, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, your friends would think I was a total lunatic feeding my 10 month old at midnight! But her little tummy is growling, she still needs it. Do what is right for YOUR child and you won't be sorry
#32 of 35 Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNicole View Post
I DO regret offering a feeding each time my daughter made any noise instead of waiting to see if she was just getting comfortable or actually looking to be fed. I regret it A LOT. I think much of the time, she was only slightly awake and trying to get resettled, NOT looking for food. I took away any chance she had of working out how to resettle herself because I jumped in trying to feed her before she woke up all the way.
With DD, I would let her have up to five "fusses" (noises, a little one-second-long cry or whatever) before I would actually go in and feed her. And sometimes, she'd get quiet again after fuss 2 or 3.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#33 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 PM

Here ya go...

If you don't feed your baby at night and cuddle them as MUCH as you can while they are small, you are SO going to regret it when you are old.

So there...now you are hearing that you'll regret it if you do, and regret it if you don't. So, you'll just have to do what's right for you, since everyone says different things. And tell your friends so.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#34 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 PM

When I think of a martyr mama I honestly think of a mom who complains about being the only one who can do anything for the baby, I've seen and heard those moms, usually it's because they are too anal to let dad(or anyone) help(and in reality enjoy being frazzled and on the brink). This is not that type of situation, it sounds like you are doing what a good mama of a 5 month old should be doing attending to the needs of her child. Skip this chain e-mail group, they sound lame.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#35 of 35 Old 03-23-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree View Post
I just don't know why "I'll be sorry" in her mind
?

...and I find it kind of ominous, to be honest.
Me, either. I nursed my older two at night until they were about 1 1/2... I was never sorry. Now that they are 2 and 4 and sleeping in their own room, I am thankful for the time we had. Thankful for every sweet, quiet moment spent nursing my tiny babies in the night--just the two of us, half asleep. Why would we be SORRY about that?!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page