Kanoe Hammock Rental? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-20-2010, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
kl5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due in September with our first and am really interested in getting a Kanoe hammock instead of a crib or co-sleeper. I keep seeing references on other websites to Kanoe having a rental program where you can try it out for a couple of month and then either send it back or buy it. Nothing on their website about this, of course. Is this a pipe dream or some discontinued program?

Also, any thoughts on the Kanoe as a sleeping alternative would be welcomed as well. TIA!
#2 of 11 Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 AM

Our rooms are rather small, and I wanted Ds close but, separate sometimes. The cradle wouldn't fit, not any of the hammock designs on the market. I ended up making him one much like a ring sling, There was a bar at the top to spread it for his face, and used to attach it to the wall with altered bunjy cords. The other end gathered togather and was thread through with binjy cord as well so it was easy to swing or bouncy. I could also adjust the bottom cord to the wall at different heights so I could put him on an incline. At 9 month he still uses it often. I'm so thankful for it, but it did take some tweeking and testing to figure out how to make it relitively "unflippable". Maybe I can get pictures up sometime.....
#3 of 11 Old 04-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl5 View Post
I am due in September with our first and am really interested in getting a Kanoe hammock instead of a crib or co-sleeper. I keep seeing references on other websites to Kanoe having a rental program where you can try it out for a couple of month and then either send it back or buy it. Nothing on their website about this, of course. Is this a pipe dream or some discontinued program?

Also, any thoughts on the Kanoe as a sleeping alternative would be welcomed as well. TIA!
I can tell you for sure that they used to have a rental program on their website. I don't see it there anymore, either. Also, they're completely out of stock on Kanoes and they say it will be 6-10 weeks before they're in again. I am due in August and hoping to get one, so I hope they come back in stock by then!

~*~ Full time mom ~*~ Hobby Sheep Farmer ~*~ Child Passenger Safety Technician ~*~ 

#4 of 11 Old 04-25-2010, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We have a Kanoe and love it. I also remember seeing the rental program on their regular website, so maybe they've discontinued it? Send them an email - they're super friendly and I'm sure will let you know.
Also, I know this is probably super far from you, but my sister-in-law is a Canadian Kanoe distributor. She only has a few in stock right now (because of the lack of stock in general with Kanoe right now), I think just the natural/natural and the red/yellow (forget the official names) colour options. Let me know if you think that might be helpful and I'll pm you her contact info.
We're actually considering getting a second one. We're expecting #2 in December, and dd1 (now 16 months) is showing no signs of outgrowing her kanoe.
My only beef is that, after having ours for only about 7 months, we now have a HOLE in it. I'm writing to kanoe to see about warranty coverage, but the thing has only been washed a handful of times, only in a front loader on delicate with cold water and gentle soap and then hung to dry. Pretty cruddy, if you ask me, to get a hole in it!

For greater things are yet to come...

#5 of 11 Old 04-25-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Chrissy View Post
Our rooms are rather small, and I wanted Ds close but, separate sometimes. The cradle wouldn't fit, not any of the hammock designs on the market. I ended up making him one much like a ring sling, There was a bar at the top to spread it for his face, and used to attach it to the wall with altered bunjy cords. The other end gathered togather and was thread through with binjy cord as well so it was easy to swing or bouncy. I could also adjust the bottom cord to the wall at different heights so I could put him on an incline. At 9 month he still uses it often. I'm so thankful for it, but it did take some tweeking and testing to figure out how to make it relitively "unflippable". Maybe I can get pictures up sometime.....
I am really curious and would LOVE to see some pics!!

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :
#6 of 11 Old 04-25-2010, 07:18 PM

I was going to suggest looking at other websites as well if you're looking to purchase a Kanoe- my co-workers (love them!) just bought one for me and said that they found some in stock on other sites by doing a google search.

The rental might have been cool- I just figured we could sell it if it doesn't work out for us!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#7 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM

I might have a Kanoe to sell you... PM me if you're interested.

We got one for ds, thinking it would have been the perfect solution for my older dd when she was a baby. So far, ds HATES it. He has reflux, though and the incline is not steep enough for him.

I do remember seeing the rental info, but not anymore, maybe they don't do it anymore???

mumma to sweet 7 year old girl
and darling 2 year old guy

#8 of 11 Old 04-29-2010, 03:17 AM

I bought a Kanoe and I SOOOOO wish I had rented one before buying. My DD prefers to co-sleep, and I could have saved myself $300 if I had rented it first.

I would write to them and see if they still do it.
#9 of 11 Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 PM

I have a brand spankin' new kanoe for sale for $200, msg me if you're interested
#10 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 09:22 PM

Hello,

I know this is an old post, but do you still have a connection with getting a Full Size Kanoe? The Kanoe site is offering the mini's but I don't think I want that size. I would be afraid my little one would grow out of it too fast. I have found a few sites that have them in stock, but they are all in Australia, are more expensive!! 

Just thought I would check, and see if you still had a connection.
Thanks for you time.

Amy

#11 of 11 Old 11-02-2013, 04:37 PM

Hi there!
I see this thread is quite old, but does anyone still have a Kanoe for sale?

I need to try SOMETHING to get my little guy to sleep.

Thank you!!!!

Danae

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page