first teeth coming through---VERY jagged. Normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-31-2010, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Asia is getting all four front teeth at the same time. They have incredibly jagged edges... one even looks like two tiny teeth, as though its broken in half? But that one is just peeking through so im not sure if the entire tooth is like that or just the top of it.

Anyways, is it normal for babies first teeth to not be smooth on the top edge? I didn't really know how else to describe this.

Happy mama to Asia born 07/15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-31-2010, 11:46 PM

Baby's first teeth are usually smooth at the edges unlike the adult front teeth which have little bumps called mamelons. But don't worry, give them some time to further erupt before you get concerned. For the one that looks like 2 little teeth, i wonder if it's a tooth that's "twinned" which is a tooth that has one root but looks as though it has 2 crowns that are stuck together, (aka. tooth gemination).

Love of our life, born September 2009
#3 of 3 Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 AM

My baby's teeth always seem very rough and jagged when they are breaking through, then once they start growing out they are fine. I think it's just how the gum reacts to cutting teeth.

Have any of your baby's teeth actually started to grow down, or are they still cutting through the gum?

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page