Silent baby monitor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2010, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anybody use the Philips Avent Basic Baby Monitor w/ DECT Technology?

I am looking for a super sensitive monitor that I can use to monitor my baby without using the sound, so on lights alone. I'm moving to an ashram with my eight week old and I'd like to be able to go to morning yoga practice (which does not have childcare) and bring a monitor that flashes to alert me when she wakes up. Reviews on Amazon indicated that it was very bright, do you think this would do the trick?

OR, should I be going for a video monitor? I know that the quality varies but (having never used a monitor before as we co-sleep) will I be more apt to catch her sooner?

I'm thinking I'll feed her in the mornings and stick her in the swing which she loves to rock in and then try an slip about 150 feet to the practice room and do as much as I can of the two hour class before she get's lonely. Monitor at the edge of the mat and mat next to the door to slip out quietly. Any ideas anyone?

Organic eating, cloth diapering, no vaxing, cosleeping, breastfeeding mean machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have this one and we love it:

http://www.amazon.com/Interference-S...1549849&sr=1-2

It has video, lights and sound. There is no interference at all, and you can turn the volume down all the way. You'll feel much more comfortable leaving her alone if have video.

-Kathy First time Mom to Son F, born April 30, 2009.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definitely get a video monitor! I mine! That way you can tell if she's actually waking up, as opposed to just making noise while she's sleeping.

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

User Tag List