How the heck do you keep baby socks on??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 04-23-2010, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

in 10 mos i have never ever had a problem with these: http://www.google.com/products?q=ger...rry+socks&aq=f ever. This is all we have. larger sizes can be found on ebay, tru/bru website, etc. those zutano booties look darling, wonder how large they run...

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

#32 of 44 Old 04-23-2010, 03:45 PM

My mum got Lyra socks that are "gagou tagou" brand (I think she got them at babies r us?) and they stay up really well. We also have some that have little silicone stay-ups in them (like thigh high tights have)

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#33 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 10:04 AM

I use 18mo socks on our 4 month old - the ones her sister just outgrew. The don't look too goofy & never fall off.

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#34 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGift View Post
nak

in 10 mos i have never ever had a problem with these: http://www.google.com/products?q=ger...rry+socks&aq=f ever. This is all we have. larger sizes can be found on ebay, tru/bru website, etc. those zutano booties look darling, wonder how large they run...
up to 18mos! although i couldn't see using them much once babe was walking, as they have no tread. they would get nastified pretty quickly! lol. perfect for around the house and just for keeping those toes warm in the cooler months.

32 - son born 9/21/09
#35 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 12:47 PM

We don't use socks...I figure she takes them off b/c she doesn't want them on, so why bother. Strangers comment on her bare feet, but honestly if they are commenting on that maybe they will leave me alone about something else. LOL. We are in CT so it is starting to warm up, but in the colder weather I always covered her with a blanket when we went out. Once in a blue moon we did socks and those days I just fought with them continuously.

Sophia ~ 9/21 learning how to be crunchy mama. Uh oh, I just went over the crunch edge! ECing!! Planned ~ maybe next time : :
#36 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 04:29 PM

We like Gap with the elastic band around the inside. We also do lots of Robeez!

Mom to 3
#37 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 04:42 PM

We usually just leave her barefoot unless we are out, then I use footed pants or in cooler weather the fleece coverall things with the feet in them.
Robeeze and similar type shoes help when they are walking a bit but they aren't very waterproof.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#38 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i also like the carters bubble socks

great for the past 3m, but need a new size

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#39 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 07:17 PM

I didn't worry about it. If the baby takes the socks off, they must not want them on IMO. We kept ours barefoot in home. I rarely go anywhere, but if I did I would just put soft soled baby shoes on them like moccasins...

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#40 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 07:43 PM

Once it hits 50* outside, I cease to put socks on my kids until their up and wandering around in parks/stores/restaruants/etc and need both socks AND shoes. Its just not worth the hassle. Even in the winter, when its cold, I have been known to not require/put socks on my kids. Get some dirty looks, but whatever. Baby socks are simply *not* worth the hassle, IMO
#41 of 44 Old 04-24-2010, 07:45 PM

We just use knit booties that tie. A friend got some baberoo brand ones from Target and we like those too Otherwise she's barefoot.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#42 of 44 Old 04-26-2010, 05:23 PM

I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!!

I've been contemplating this same question for months (10 to be exact) and during an unscheduled stop at Creative Kidstuff the other day and noticed these. Bought them immediately and they are amazing!!!!! Sock Ons are the way to go for sure.
#43 of 44 Old 04-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFox05 View Post
I use 18mo socks on our 4 month old - the ones her sister just outgrew. The don't look too goofy & never fall off.
this is what we do. millie has heck trying to get them off lol! we have the 18-36 mo size and fold them over. i originally got then because the socks in her size cut the circulation off of her fat legs/feet.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#44 of 44 Old 04-28-2010, 01:43 AM

DD andn I live barefoot most of the time! :-)

enjoying motherhood way more than science:
married to DH love.gif (2003) mama to DDenergy.gif(Nov 2008) & DSbabyf.gif   (Mar 2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page