June 09 mamas?? Are you around?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hey mamas! I hope you are all doing well! Almost a year!

DD takes up to 3 steps at a time, has 4 teeth (and a few more coming in), and is 22lbs now.

How are your LO's ??

CHECK IN MAMAS!!!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#2 of 16 Old 04-23-2010, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey! I'm here still!!

DS is doing well. He is standing and cruising and occasionally stands on his own without noticing. After having a particularly bad spurt of sleeping, he starting sleeping better at night having about 2 wakings. But now we're having some trouble with middle of the night play sessions going on for hours. Trying to work on that.

He has three teeth and is working on the fourth, which I think might also be causing some of the sleeping issues.

He is happy, somewhat willful and super cute. He's been tearing into everything, but I'm just starting to see some of the "putting things back together" stage starting.

Really hoping we can get a vacation this summer!
#3 of 16 Old 04-23-2010, 03:41 PM

I'm here! Our LO started officially walking at the end of last month! We only have two teeth on the bottom. No signs of any on the top. Glad you made a thread, so good to see you mamas again!

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

#4 of 16 Old 04-25-2010, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi mamas! So good to hear about all our LO's growing! All of my friends irl have babies that are way older or way younger than my DD, so it's nice to hear about other babies in the same stages. Monkey (DD) has such an awesome personality She is such a happy baby, and is pretty easy. I tried for the attatched parenting with her, and it seems to be going well. I feel pretty 'touched-out' by the end of the day, but hopefully daddy will feel more comfortable leaving her with grandma soon so I can get out!! I'm sure I will be eating these words soon, but, I can't wait for her to walk so I can get her off my hip for a bit!! lol

She sleeps really well, but was also having the middle-of-the-night play sessions for a while. She sleeps better now, and seemed to put herself on a schedule. She goes to bed around 9pm and is usually up between 6-7am. And she usually only wakes once to nurse. She naps 1 or 2 times during the day usually, and seems to be doing fine with that. ....
...lol gotta run, Monkey's 'calling' lol

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#5 of 16 Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 PM

I'm here!

Francesca has 8 teeth (4 top, 4 bottom) and has taken 3-4 steps. She's 20 1/2 lbs and 29" tall. I have been sad lately because the little baby phase is definitely over!!!

Sleep is still a BIG challenge for us. She wakes every 1-3 hours at night since 6 months old. (before that, she slept GREAT.) She's experimenting with solids very slowly, and we still nurse a lot. Of course, we continue to get flack from our non-AP/mainstream family. Ugh!

She's kind of a wild child (read: intense, high needs) And a mama's girl. I think I have definitely achieved the "attachment" part of AP.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#6 of 16 Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 AM

Amelia is doing great! She has 6 teeth and is working on 2 more, she's been cruising for awhile (few months) and now stands and will take a step or two towards you. She "talks" all the time to us, we take turns LOL, it's too cute! (like I say "Hi!" and she says "ah!" and we do this back and forth LOL) She claps, waves and is generally a busy but content baby.

Sleeping is slowly getting better...she is finally going to bed on a schedule and falling asleep pretty good, she does wake up a lot in the night to nurse, usually 4-6 times, ugg. She goes to bed 7:30ish, sleeps in the packnplay until about 10:30, then is with us in bed until 7am. She nurses at 10:30 and then about 4 times during the night. I'm still so tired.

Solids wise, we are slowly going there...she eats everything and so far loves everything except cottage cheese. We skipped purees only because she hates them. She LOVES solids though is still learning to "chew" and chokes/gags often. She nurses often and is about 19 lbs. I don't see the nursing ending anytime soon. Family does not give us flack about it, only because they gave me flack about the others and they've learned I don't care. LOL

She went to her first concert on Friday. She saw Taj Mahal, Ziggy Marley and Jack Johnson. She slept thru most of it but loved Taj!

I can't believe they are almost a year.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#7 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

#8 of 16 Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 PM

Hey mamas!
I'm new to the 'june 09 babies' threads...
Ds is amazing!!!! He has two bottom teeth. Is obsessed with mamas milk- has NO interest in solids at.all! But I think he is ok in the nutrition department! He's 25 lbs and almost 31", so I know he's not starving! He's been cruising for about a month, but hasn't ventured out to take any steps yet! He LOVES to put things into cups, buckets, bowls, etc., and loves rolling/throwing the ball (dh is so proud ) and he also likes anything that rolls (i.e. Cars, trucks) so I think we have a real 'boy' on our hands.....
It is so fun to hear about your dc!!!! I have a few friends irl with babes around ds' age, but I love hearing how all the mdc'ers June babies are doing!!!!!
We are almost one!!! Can you believe it?!?!?!?!

Mother to C 6/5/09 and wife to wonderful hubby!
#9 of 16 Old 05-04-2010, 12:43 AM

Ds is, shall we say, a handful. But a fun handful! He's so active, and loves to explore everything. He's been mobile for quite a while, and can open my kitchen cupboards- so everything has been switched around in there. lol. He seems to hates when anything is put where it belongs, because he goes along behind me and gets everything back out again. Once he's satisfied that it will all stay on the floor (where he apparently believes it belongs) he can move on to other activities.

He's a happy baby. Not clingy and high needs like ds1 (though ds1 was happy as long as he was being held). He'll play happily on the floor for quite a bit of the day, most of the time.

He has some sort of food sensitivity, we think. So it's been a PITA trying to figure that out.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#10 of 16 Old 05-05-2010, 02:40 AM

Looks like we all have some pretty active babies! heh
Walking still seems so far away for my son, but maybe it's just because I can't believe how old he is! I am looking forward to him walking because he wants to get down and crawl everywhere we go and some places just seem too gross.
He has 8 teeth and LOVES eating, especially if he can pick up the food himself. His favorite "toys" are shoes, ugh haha. We had to move our shoe rack out of reach because he was obsessed with it. If a shoe is left out, he will immediately go to it and start throwing it around! Also, anyone wearing shoes near him better be careful. I wish he would pick something less filthy to be into! His second favorite thing is finding a book a sliding it around the room. He can do that for half an hour at a time at least. He shows very little interest in toys made for his age.
He is in love with his older brother (3 y.o.--and the feeling is mutual). It's enough to make my head explode from cuteness on a daily basis.
#11 of 16 Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 AM

I'm new to this thread as well. My son John is cruising and walking with a one hand assist now. He just learned to feed the dog cereal yesterday. I can see that being a fun activity for him in the coming months.

He's chowing down on solids; hasn't met a food he hasn't liked, really. He's a runt, weighing in about 18lbs at the last doctor visit. His cousin is 4 months old and 16lbs, so he's gonna have to enjoy being the big cousin for only a little bit longer.

His favorite activity is pulling stuff off the table or pulling things out of containers. He also enjoys putting things back into containers. He loves running around the house in his walker, especially when it gives him access to cabinets he can raid.
#12 of 16 Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 AM
kkd

Thanks for posting - I enjoyed reading about the other June bugs! I think we win the lightweight prize - DD is 15 1/2 pounds...she's long though...haven't measured in awhile but she's always been long (22" at birth) She has 6 teeth, but almost no hair...though she's so adorable she doesn't need any! I feel MUCH better about sleep after reading the other posts - thanks mamas! She sleeps from about 7:30pm-7:00am and usually wakes twice to eat...most everyone I know with similar age babies are sleeping through without eating...so it's nice to know that I'm not alone in still being sleep deprived! She's not walking but she's recently pulling up on things a lot. Can you believe they are almost a year old? Been trying to decide how to commemorate the occasion...need to comb MDC for some ideas! I think we'll go hiking if the weather is cooperative...can't decide if later I'll be sad if we skip the whole traditional party thing...
#13 of 16 Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 PM

Hey everyone! It's so neat to see some familiar names and hear about those lo's and see some new names and hear about those babes

DD has 6 teeth, working on 7&8 and is getting around pretty good...she would rather stand than crawl, but she isn't venturing out for a walk yet (I think she wants to be sure of it, much like her mamma). We say teeth before hair because she is just now finally getting some noticable hair, but it's very light. I cannot believe that she is 11 months old!! It just totally blows my mind. I'm also wondering what we will do for her first birthday...

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#14 of 16 Old 05-08-2010, 09:27 PM

I'm still here - stressing on planning a big (or at least big to me) first birthday party next month, or maybe July . . . . I have no idea for a theme or anything . . . . is anyone else throwing a decent size bash for their babe?

And please, how do I get him into his RF carseat? He HATES the car now!

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#15 of 16 Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 PM

i'm new to the june 09 thread too. ds is doing great! he was 17 1/2 lbs at his 9mo appt. i don't remember how long he was. he's standing and cruising like crazy, and will walk with things that move, lol. he does occasionally stand on his own...more and more these days. he's our little shark, lol, with 12 teeth, including 2 top molars. he's usually a happy little guy, but the molars have made him pretty cranky lately. we're in the same boat for sleep it seems, up roughly 2-3 times a night. he has developed quite a little temper. he likes to jump up and down and scream. he's such a different kid than dd was, lol!
#16 of 16 Old 05-16-2010, 05:06 AM

I'm in the middle of planning Amelia's party, we are having a beach party. So far it's at about 30 people coming and I'm still waiting on more than half to respond/RSVP! We are just grilling out (hot dogs, kalbi ribs, pasta salad, greek salad,etc) and I'm bringing a baby pool to the beach to fill with some water for the babies to play in too. (I hate babies and sand LOL)

She's gotten a temper too, is waking quite a bit and HATES the car as well. The car thing is new, she screams almost the whole time unless she's in the perfect mood. I need to buy a convertible very soon but I can't decide which on (on a budget!.)

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page