January 2010 Mamas DDC - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 332 Old 05-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@Lellian -- welcome and please do join us! Your little one sounds a lot like my older daughter. She simply required contact to nap. I put a red lightbulb in my bedside lamp and read books while she napped until she was about 8 months old and would finally stay asleep on her own. She still has restless/wakeful sleep at 2 years old. I think some kids are just like this .

@GraysMommy -- talk therapy has helped me process stuff a lot just in the month I've been going. Hope it helps you, too.

@MaWood -- glad you are having a better time relaxing.

Holly is 15 lbs now. She doesn't like tummy time either but I wear her a lot and her head is very strong. Still not rolling over, not sure why... don't think she's interested yet, honestly!! It's so weird, I always thought my kids would mimic my sis and I... I (the oldest) took forever to reach physical milestones, I wanted to be carried all the time, etc, and my sis was doing them all in advance (2nd kids trying to keep up with siblings?). But Robin rolled over at 12 weeks, sat up at 6 months, etc, while Holly seems more interested in observing and being social and not so much in moving. Which is FINE BY ME!!! Funny how we have expectations we weren't even aware of until they aren't met.

Holly will take a morning nap alone in the bedroom, and usually nap again there in the afternoon. It seems like as the day goes on, she needs me more to sleep, so I end up wearing her in the sling so she can get a good solid nap in late afternoon. I imagine this will get better with time. I have to say it's a real blessing having her be better about sleep than my oldest. I feel a lot of peace knowing that sleep won't be too much trouble with her.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#62 of 332 Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM

Gray's Mommy- When I was in seattle there was a therapist who dealt specifically with birth related trauma. Not sure if you have contacted ICAN, but they should have some resources for you, since I met the therapist at a ICAN meeting. I am so sorry you are going through this, life seems so unfair sometimes. Let us know what you need to get through this.
#63 of 332 Old 05-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Hello all,

I don't post often in the Jan DDC, as my due date was Feb 2. But DS was born Jan 29th, so....

He's 14 weeks old now and boy has it been an eventful 14 weeks. At 6 weeks he was hospitalized for 3 days following a UTI, so I can so empathize with the scary hospital experience. Following that, we spent a week going to the hospital for outpatient IV antibiotics. Awful.

Then, at 12 weeks he got bronchiolitis (and DS1 had a NASTY version of this virus, too). Here in France they treat bronchio with physical therapy-- the physical therapist does stuff to help the baby cough up the congestion. It doesn't hurt, but babies hate it and cry a lot. And, as it was spring vacation here, it turned out the only guy available to do the therapy near me was CRAZY. He was so, so awful. Told me that DS was manipulating us when he started to cry. Would hold the baby's head and force eye contact, saying "I'm the boss here, not you". And lots of other crazy weirdness. We had four sessions before I fired him-- and I did the four sessions because I was terrified that the baby would otherwise need to be hospitalized, and DH was on a work trip in India, and I had no idea what I would do with DS1! Anyway, it was very, very tough.

We're finally getting healthy here. I can't wait for the real warm weather to start!

At the ped appointment a week ago, DS2 was 18 pounds (!!!) and 25 inches long. He's totally off the charts here for weight and head circumference. The ped just laughed when he plotted the chart.

Lellian, my guy isn't a napper either, unless he's in his Beco (he'll sleep for an hour or two if he's carried). I do a lot of walking as well. If I try to put him down, he'll sleep for 20 minutes, 30 at the most. We do not have a nap schedule going on here, either-- hopefully that will happen soon. He does really well at night, though. He insists on being in bed by 7:30, sleeps till about 12:30, and is generally up again at 3 and 7.

Re: bedsharing, it's not for me, either. DS2's crib is about 6 inches from my side of the bed, and I sleep MUCH better that way! He doesn't seem to mind either, so it works well for all of us.

GraysMommy, I had a traumatic c-section birth as well, and while I don't have PPD, I can sympathize totally with the hugely mixed emotions. I wish you healing and peace...
#64 of 332 Old 05-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Gray's Mommy ... I'm sending you healing thoughts.... So glad that Liam is thriving!

Sorry to hear about the sick LOs - hospital trips are so scary. Glad that nobody has meningitis. Yikes!

Mawood - sorry about tender boobies- glad that you're feeling better. My breasts are so sensitive right now mastitis sounds excruciating.

We're doing ok - Sasha is 4 months and is 13 lbs 5 Oz and has just grown out of 0-3 clothes. He is a happy little bun and it is so nice. We have very little crying unless he's hungry and doesn't get the milkies in a timely manner. He has been experimenting with new sounds and now shrieks and growls like a lion on one of his toys. It's really cute. He is almost to the point of rolling back to front, so soon I'll have to be much more vigilant about him being on the bed. Already, it seems that putting a dipe on him is like trying to diaper a live fish.
We're doing mostly well cosleeping but I do need to learn to sleep in a comfortable position. I keep throwing out my back between sleeping, babywearing and working on the computer. Right now it's the upper back (ugh). Sasha is becoming more comfortable sleeping a little further from me, so maybe I'll try that. This morning I realized we need to get up because he was holding onto my nose. He is exploring so much with his hands - it's really fun.
He also loves going to mama and baby yoga. He lies on his tummy and watches the instructor for a really long time. Or he rolls onto his back and plays with his Winkle.
So... parenting is great and I'm enjoying the last month of SAH, although in June I'll still be able to visit him in the daycare a lot. Yay.

sleepytime.gif
#65 of 332 Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy Mother's Day!
#66 of 332 Old 05-09-2010, 08:51 PM

Happy Mother's Day! Emma is rolling well, back to front! She started about a week ago, and will do it when she's on her tummy a couple times in a row. She is a friendly and smiley baby, very sweet. She is starting to wake more often during the night, which is no fun because she was starting to sleep really well.
#67 of 332 Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 AM

Marylizah, Sorry to hear your DS has been ill! It's so scary to have a sick wee one. Mine was born Jan 29th as well and was hospitalized at 4 weeks with fever and unspecified infection. Lumbar puncture and everything. Scary stuff. Glad your DS is on the mend!

GraysMommy I hope you are getting what you need to get to a better more peaceful place.

smokeylo, you have to watch out saying things like
Quote:
I have to say it's a real blessing having her be better about sleep than my oldest. I feel a lot of peace knowing that sleep won't be too much trouble with her.
because then something like this comes along...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
She is starting to wake more often during the night, which is no fun because she was starting to sleep really well.
My DS went through a few weeks at 3ish months old where he was only awake once in the night, but then nights went all downhill from there until we nightweaned at 14ish months. Ella is 3ish months now and usually sleeping for a 5-6 hour stretch at night, which is great, but I have to keep reminding myself not to count on it continuing!

Poor baby girl rolled over (back to front) for the first time this week, and was really really unhappy about it. She is not a fan of being on her belly.

I hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#68 of 332 Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 AM

I'm here! Sorry to be so absent ladies! These babies are taking it out of me!

Subbing now so that I can keep up! Love to you all!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#69 of 332 Old 05-10-2010, 12:57 PM

Still here. Marissa is still sweet and smiling and cooing a lot. Still sleeping well too with only one waking in the middle of the night. According to my mom, she is a lot like me as a baby.

Still dealing with PPD...started some new meds a few days ago and still waiting for it to help. I am also making an effort to try and walk my dog every day or most days as exercise and sunlight does help some.

As far as napping goes, with my oldest I would nurse him down on the boppy and then slide it and him off my lap and let him nap next to me on the couch. I would stay right there so he would not fall off. Not good for "getting stuff done", but got him to nap and me some rest time.

I hope you all had a good mother's day!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#70 of 332 Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM

Survived the mastitis and enjoy now taking care of Olivia without running a fever or mayor headaches. Yucks, last week was the worst! Managed to skip abx and took homeopathic remedies. It is always amazing how great you feel after curing something with the right homeopathic remedy. Anyways my acupuncturist send me an email suggesting I am having depleted mother syndrome. I looked it up. Don't all new moms have it? She also suggested getting some help in the house or a sitter which is not in the budget. I wish we could. And everything I do less my husband ends up doing and he already does a lot on top of his very busy work schedule. Since all my family and friends live in Germany we don't have a support system over here and have to hang in there until the summer when my husband doesnt have so much over time hours and comes home more regularly.
Olivia is doing great though. She is vocalizing a lot and I am loving it. The way she rounds her little lips and her voice is so beautiful. I don't think there is anything more peaceful than listening to her baby talk right after waking up from her nap

Mom to Olivia Marlene, raising bilingual: German & English 
#71 of 332 Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM

Oh goodness, the squealing! Ethan squeals when he's happy, when he's tired, when he's angry... you get the picture. It was cute for the first few days when he only did it while playing, but now that he does it no matter the mood it gets pretty old by noon! Right now, he's in his crib, watching his mobile screeching at the top of his lungs.
On a less annoying note, he rolled over for the first time today! It was completely by accident - he was reaching for a toy, shifted his weight and over he went. He looked surprised - how did I get like this?! He has refused to be calm for tummy time since then though, so who knows how long it will be before he does it again.
He is sleeping a bit better at night again as well, most nights he's back to waking only 3 times instead of every hour. During the day, I've found that the key for him to nap longer than 20 minutes is to put him down in my bed and when he wakes up to nurse him back to sleep. This way, he usually will take one long nap during the day.
#72 of 332 Old 05-11-2010, 08:56 AM

Nummies- I subbed and keep up but STILL forget to take the time to come back and chime in!

DD is changing so much recently. She just looks different and older! She is so aware of everything and has been since birth....so now I swear she looks 6 months old since she sits so well (supported so she doesn't fall over). She is experimenting with squealing and loud noises too, devasma.

Oh, and she has a new super cute smile. It is huge and really brings out the double chin and cheeks. I love it.

I woke up this morning and she was staring straight at me...I was thinking, 'how long have you been awake!?' but she was happy to look around so I napped a few more minutes. I am just SO exhausted. The constant night wakings are getting to me. She really regressed when I went back to work a few weeks ago. From waking 1-2 times to nurse without crying to waking as much as every 45 minutes with more fussing and only soothing by nursing. I wonder if she is looking to connect more after I've been gone from her. I know she eats enough when I am away, but I think she misses the closeness. She can now worm her way to me so I can't keep her in her own little space in bed with us. I keep getting on DH to finish the side car arrangement so we can move her over there and I can have more room. I also wonder if her own mattress will help her sleep better without feeling DH move (or should I say flop dramatically) all night long.

oh, time for our morning nursing and then hopefully nap time...

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#73 of 332 Old 05-11-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEcatlady17 View Post
Nummies- I subbed and keep up but STILL forget to take the time to come back and chime in!

DD is changing so much recently. She just looks different and older! She is so aware of everything and has been since birth....so now I swear she looks 6 months old since she sits so well (supported so she doesn't fall over). She is experimenting with squealing and loud noises too, devasma.

Oh, and she has a new super cute smile. It is huge and really brings out the double chin and cheeks. I love it.

I woke up this morning and she was staring straight at me...I was thinking, 'how long have you been awake!?' but she was happy to look around so I napped a few more minutes. I am just SO exhausted. The constant night wakings are getting to me. She really regressed when I went back to work a few weeks ago. From waking 1-2 times to nurse without crying to waking as much as every 45 minutes with more fussing and only soothing by nursing. I wonder if she is looking to connect more after I've been gone from her. I know she eats enough when I am away, but I think she misses the closeness. She can now worm her way to me so I can't keep her in her own little space in bed with us. I keep getting on DH to finish the side car arrangement so we can move her over there and I can have more room. I also wonder if her own mattress will help her sleep better without feeling DH move (or should I say flop dramatically) all night long.

oh, time for our morning nursing and then hopefully nap time...
The twins have regressed too. I was up every hour last night!! This is just getting crazy.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#74 of 332 Old 05-11-2010, 04:18 PM

Let's talk about the waking hourly bit. This.Is.Killing.Me. Seriously! How did I forget about this with my daughter?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#75 of 332 Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post
Let's talk about the waking hourly bit. This.Is.Killing.Me. Seriously! How did I forget about this with my daughter?
nak...or should i say pak (pumping at keyboard )

ya, so sleep deprived here that today i let the dog out to pee...and forgot about him....thank goodness the windows were open and i heard his tags clinking....it was a good 30 minutes...ugh.

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#76 of 332 Old 05-11-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Ethan is back to only waking 2-3 times a night after waking hourly for about 2 weeks. Hopefully the hourly wake-ups are almost over for you!
#77 of 332 Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Fortunately Holly hasn't hit that yet, but my 2 year old has had "regressions" just about every other month since she was born, so I'm grateful for the break. Holly slept a solid 6 hour chunk last night (and so did Robin for once) which felt sooooo good. The night before, I was up every hour between the two of them. Sleep makes or breaks my day. I know it seems obvious but I think until people experience true sleep deprivation, they don't know HOW TRUE it really is. There's a reason sleep dep is used for torture .

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#78 of 332 Old 05-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Sleep deprvation is the worst thing ever. I hope all the mamas going through it get some relief soon!
#79 of 332 Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Dea

Hello Mamas!
I like this talk about cosleeping. In the mornings I often hand Hudson off to Adam so I can get a little alone time sleep (with just Trixie touching me) Hudson is a wiggly boy and even swaddled he worms himself right into me and I'm always worried that he has blankets on his face, so I don't get the best sleep, but it's getting better. I put him a little away from me for now.
For the mamas that cosleep with 2, where do you place them. Right now it's Hudson, me, Trixie then Adam. I wonder when I can put Hudson next to Trixie?

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#80 of 332 Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Hi Ladies! I read the first couple of pages and then lost the thread, but I finally found it again! Ha!

I read through the replies but don't remember much.

Tummy time- Orrin hated it until he decided he was ready to roll over, and now he does great. Put him down on his tummy one day and he didn't scream immediately, and a minute later he was on his back. Funny kid.

He's very social and happy, lots of smiles and giggles and chatting. Someone mentioned shrieking... Nigella did that. Still does that. Her favorite way to read a book now is to point at whatever she finds interesting and scream at at the top of her lungs, "THAT THAT!" Needless to say, I'm not so into books these days....

Sleep deprivation- Orrin sleeps like a dream so far. Nigella.... not so much. I count it a good night if I'm only up every 2 hours.

Sleeping arrangements- DD is in a crib in her own room. Orrin sleeps in a pack n' play in our room until he wakes up, then moves into bed with us. I don't sleep well with a baby in the bed- heck, I don't sleep well with DH in the bed- so I'm trying to limit the cosleeping some. Soon DD is going onto a double mattress on the floor and then Orrin will move into her crib part time.

Dea- I've heard/read not to put a baby beside a toddler. I know DD is squirmy and has no idea when she's laying on top of someone/something, so I wouldn't trust her beside Orrin (nto to kick him in the head or smother him) but your kid might be different.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#81 of 332 Old 05-13-2010, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmamma View Post
Still here.

Still dealing with PPD...started some new meds a few days ago and still waiting for it to help. I am also making an effort to try and walk my dog every day or most days as exercise and sunlight does help some.
How are you doing mama??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawood View Post
Olivia is doing great though. She is vocalizing a lot and I am loving it. The way she rounds her little lips and her voice is so beautiful. I don't think there is anything more peaceful than listening to her baby talk right after waking up from her nap
This is the best!!

[QUOTE=MEcatlady17;15393690]
Oh, and she has a new super cute smile. It is huge and really brings out the double chin and cheeks. I love it. QUOTE]

I adore those smiles...

We are doing better here. Some days are just crazy & others are so smooth. Liam's reflux is getting a touch better.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#82 of 332 Old 05-13-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
.Someone mentioned shrieking... .
the baby doesn't do any shrieking....YET!

...it's the 1 and 3 year olds who do all of the screaming, which, scares Margaret...ughhh.

anyone else thinking about the size of their family?

I'm struggling with "being done"....no PPAF, so no decisions to be made...just a whole lot of thinking about life right now....

cheers,
charlene
#83 of 332 Old 05-13-2010, 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=geo_girl;15403146]
anyone else thinking about the size of their family?
/QUOTE]

We're not done but I only have two. I know I'm gonna have another one. We are, though, gonna do a bigger gap. My kids are almost three years apart, which isn't super close, but I hate tandem nursing. I'm only 23yo, I can wait until both of my current kids are totally done being babies until we have another. Maybe a four or five year gap next time? We'll see.
#84 of 332 Old 05-14-2010, 03:08 AM

I need to vent...

I am so tired of having someone touching me ALL. THE. TIME.

If it's not dd nursing, napping or drooling on me, it's ds leaping into my lap while Emily is down. Then when I put those two down DH wants a piece of me.

I fantasize about going back to work (I go back for two weeks on Monday, but only part time and then the summer vacation starts.) Not so I can see my friends and co-workers, or teach my classes again, but so I can go into my book room and shut the door and just have a few secret hours of the day where no one can talk to me, touch me, or make any noise at me.

I am a horrible person.

It's not that the baby isn't an angel, because she is. But I am so tired of sharing my body for over a year now! I know I'll keep BFing and I'm just having a mild psychotic break, but god almighty I just want my body back for like a week! That's all. And I resent dh so much. Even when he looks after them, he can put her down, and he can drink beer or fast and not worry about it. He just pops a bottle in her mouth, he doesn't have to worry about latch or flow, or getting pinched while she nurses, or feeling like you could just crawl right out of your skin. He can go out for three hours without having his chest swell to pornographic proportions. He can drink coffee to his heart's delight without worrying about giving the baby diarreah, He can have a bottle of wine without worrying about making the baby drunk.

It's so unfair.

Phew...maybe I have more PPD than I thought?

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#85 of 332 Old 05-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeber View Post
I am so tired of having someone touching me ALL. THE. TIME.
Amen, sister. I am really, really ready for my breasts to NOT be the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE in the house. EVERYONE wants a piece of me!!! Fortunately, Holly is a very sweet, pleasant nursling so nursing her is still a joy. It's DD and DH who I want to pry off of me.

#86 of 332 Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeber View Post
It's not that the baby isn't an angel, because she is. But I am so tired of sharing my body for over a year now! I know I'll keep BFing and I'm just having a mild psychotic break, but god almighty I just want my body back for like a week! That's all. And I resent dh so much. Even when he looks after them, he can put her down, and he can drink beer or fast and not worry about it. He just pops a bottle in her mouth, he doesn't have to worry about latch or flow, or getting pinched while she nurses, or feeling like you could just crawl right out of your skin. He can go out for three hours without having his chest swell to pornographic proportions. He can drink coffee to his heart's delight without worrying about giving the baby diarreah, He can have a bottle of wine without worrying about making the baby drunk.

It's so unfair.
Totally unfair!! I have felt like that for 4 years I think. Haha. Ever since I was pregnant with my dd and would moan about how he could drink a beer and I couldn't. I haven't drank coffee in 4 years because I tend to be the paranoid type when pregnant and then my daughter was very high needs so I didn't want to drink anything that might set her off more. Oh, and she couldn't have dairy for her first 18 months so I couldn't either since I breastfed. Then when she was getting close to two she finally stopped nursing every 30 mins and I was able to drink alcohol and coffee again, for like a month and then I found out I was pregnant again and then I had gestational diabetes. I feel like for 4 years I have been on a restrictive diet where as my husband just drinks and eats whatever. Not fair. He says it is fair because he needs something to deal with me.

In other news, my hair if falling out in droves and Max is eating his hands like crazy. I don't know how many hairs I pull out of his mouth per day.

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#87 of 332 Old 05-14-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Amen, sister. I am really, really ready for my breasts to NOT be the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE in the house. EVERYONE wants a piece of me!!! Fortunately, Holly is a very sweet, pleasant nursling so nursing her is still a joy. It's DD and DH who I want to pry off of me.
I told my husband that I rather he have a mistress than be all over me all the time. No, seriously, though, one thing that helps me is that every day I get a shower by myself. No kiddos. No partner. And my partner has been very sensitive to my exhaustion and feeling of being touched out, which helps, too. I don't neglect my relationship with DH, but right now, I'm a mama first.
#88 of 332 Old 05-14-2010, 11:12 AM

so happy to see how everyone is doing

we're good. howver, i am so annoyed - the mommy wars have started and it wasn't even a mommy! DH works with a guy who has a baby a week older than DS.

i guess the guy asked DH how DS was doing with rolling over and DH said how he was getting close. he'll get almost completely over on his side, but no real flip yet.

the guy said his DD had done it alot and for "weeks now!" and maybe something was wrong.... poor DH was caught flat footed and just said something like "i'm sure he'll catch up"

i schooled him on the concept of mommy wars and how for some parents their child must always be superior / advanced. and from now on if he hears those comments just say "you must be very proud" and stop talking and don't try to defend or justify anything. hopefully he'll be better prepared for next time.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#89 of 332 Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 AM

Really? It's not just me? I was starting to feel like a really selfish cow.

Thanks guys!

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#90 of 332 Old 05-14-2010, 02:17 PM

@hakeber: I feel the same way. I am still recovering from my mastitis and it seems all I am occupied with is nursing and my breasts as I am suppose to do warm compresses before nursing and Olivia is a "nipple napper" according to Dr. Sears And than my husband would like to get cuddly too and all I want is an hour or two just for myself. Hasn't happened yet. I actually feel bad for him sometimes as I know he is important too but all I need is a nice neck massage.

For the past two nights Olivia has been talking in her sleep. She talks loudly and shows a lot more variation than in her day time talk (I am a Speech Therapist so this fascinates me) but she also gets very squirmy and it is impossible to keep sleeping while she is so active so I am really tired now. I think night time parenting and finding a night time routine is still challenging to me. Olivia connects sleeping to nursing and Mama and so it is always my job. When my husband tries to put her down they always get into talking and she gets more awake than tired. Do your husbands put your babies down?

And yes my hair is everywhere: on Olivia's bum when I diaper her, in her little falts around wrist or neck, ...

Another question: What was the youngest you flew with a baby? We would love to visit my family at the end of August when Olivia is around 7 months. She isn't vaccinated yet as we wanted to wait until she is at least 6 months. I am so homesick for Germany. My father and my brother haven't even met Olivia yet.

Mom to Olivia Marlene, raising bilingual: German & English 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page