January 2010 Mamas DDC - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I would start us a thread & I'll post in JDDC too

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#2 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Hello! I am sitting here with Max on the boppy because he is sick. Poor thing has a cough. Both my daughter and I have had a terrible cough for days. He isn't eating much either, so I am trying to decide if I call the doctor or not. His breathing is fine so I am just waiting now. Mostly because we didn't send his information in to the insurance when we were suppose to and we are still waiting to see if he is covered.

I guess I needed to talk about it. :P

Thanks for starting a thread!

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#3 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 03:18 PM

Hi everyone, here I am (subbing, too). Getting ready to go on a little road trip to join my husband on a business trip and visit some friends across the state. Nervous about traveling with 2.... REALLY hoping we don't have to stop during those 2 hours.

Holly is getting so big... she's cutting TEETH!!!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#4 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Dea

I went to our DDC today and it was closed! Wahhhhh!
Lauren, good luck on your trip. I saw on facebook that you were alone for the night, yikes. I haven't been alone with both of them yet, I hope I don't have to be! Let me know how your trip goes, we're driving up to Canada soon and rather than do it in 2 long days, we're going for 3 shorter days, but hopefully it's not too bad. I"m a little worried! (More for Trixie who's getting quick to get bored now.)

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#5 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM

Man, my heart sank when I saw January 2010 taken off the DDC roster!

Griffin picked up the cold I had - runny nose, watery eyes, etc. Poor kid just runs his nose all over the sheets (tummy sleeper) and then has a big cold wet spot. ICK!

He's starting to find a better routine that works with the rest of our day. This is great news! The whole sleep-wake for 15 minutes-sleep-wake for an hour-sleep-wake for 15 minutes thing was getting old and always messed up when I needed to do preschool pick-up or drop-off.

How are your kids doing at night? I'm soooo over the whole nurse every 2.5 hour thing.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#6 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM

..so I see that we have moved over here!

DH is going to be gone for 4 nights (Sun-Wed), and I'm not really looking forward to having all 3 with no relief in sight for a couple of days. Oh well...

Our nights are very variable. Some nights Margaret will go down early (7:30), but then she is up quite a bit...other times she goes down later, and then sleeps for 7hrs straight...dunno which is better.

The thing that IS getting better is that there is less crying in general, night-time wakings are getting shorter (down to about 20min per feeding), and she's smiling during the day.

hope you are all doing well,
cheers,
charlene
#7 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 05:59 PM

Found us over here...hard to believe the DDC is now closed!

I hope those of you with sick LOs feel better soon!

At night, I have NO complaints. In fact, the last 2 nights she has started going to sleep a bit earlier and even sleeping 5 hours before waking! She went down at 9:30, woke at about 2:30 to eat and went right back to sleep, then not awake again till 6:00! About time I get one that sleeps...my first two did not STTN till about age 2.

Marissa is my little sweetie...cooing and smiling most of the time, and only crying if she poops, is hungry, or has gas. Still can't believe she is 3 months already!

I am dealing with some more PPD lately, but saw my psychiatrist yesterday so hopefully the adjustments to my meds will help.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#8 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

i'm so looking forward to the weekend. i have a million things to get done & need my hubby to hold liam so i can get things done!

i dread he weekends when he is working--he is gone 14 hours & then we essentially see him for 2 hours. he has to get up at 4am. having all 3 is challenging at times.

we are nursing about every 3 hours at night--normally i wake up enough to get him latched & then i'm back to sleep.

jillmamma-i hope the ppd lifts for you soon. i think i have more symptoms this time around than ever before.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#9 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Hi, how sad to see the DDC closed. Even though I entered it late I really got attached. It was my connection to the last two months of being pregnant, such a special time. Anyways Olivia is sleeping a lot today and in places she has never yet slept before. I hope she is not getting sick. It seems so unusual and typical me I tend to worry instead of raving about it. Well, we see. Maybe she is just exhausted from all the new things she is doing. She talks a lot which is sooo cute and then she started turning herself from the back to the front, putting herself to tummy time. Head control is so much better these days.

I think I do have ppd at times, especially those days where I am alone and my husband works 14/15 hours straight tend to be very long and lonely and then I do feel down or get homesick for Germany. We don't have much of a support system in CA. It is just us here. I met some Moms but haven't really clicked with one yet. Also I am still nursing long times and don't feel so mobile with Olivia yet.

Feel better everyone with colds. Hope Olivia didn't catch one. It is gotten cooler and very windy here!

Mom to Olivia Marlene, raising bilingual: German & English 
#10 of 332 Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 PM

Thanks for starting this thread, Mary! My sweet Edelweiss is 4 months old! That seems crazy! She is a lovely girl and only cries if dh surprises her. She really warms to him over weekends but then by Tuesday evening, he is a big scary stranger again. He's only gone 10 hours a day and she sleeps right next to him! I don't get it...

I hope all the sick little ones improve quickly! Thus far, we have avoided everything. *fingers crossed*

Amy

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
#11 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post

Holly is getting so big... she's cutting TEETH!!!
I have been wondering if Skylar is teething as well...but it seems so early!! Could it really be true??

She has had red cheeks for about 4 days and is suddenly really fussy at times....like, REALLY fussy, with a whole new cry and everything. She fusses before nursing and it's all very unlike her. She's not sick and otherwise appears fine. She's still sleeping fine at night though (phew) with a 4-6 hour stretch and then a couple more wake-ups before she's up for the day. I'm getting more sleep now than I have in years!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#12 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 08:53 AM

our wee guy is sick too! it's his second week at daycare, so no real surprise plus ds1 and i have also been sick. he has a stuffy nose, snot and a cough but is sleeping and nursing fine.

we weighed him at home last week and he's now 17lbs 3.5oz!! we pulled out ds1's 9 and 12 month clothes - yikes!

he is sleeping from around 10pm til 4 or 5am, which is WONDERFUL. ds1 was nursing every 2.5hrs at this point so we are enjoying it. dp's milk supply is still insane - yesterday she pumped at work and got 11oz!!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#13 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 10:52 AM

So, I make a stupid amount of money for what I do really and I outearn my spouse by nearly 3x's. I want to quit working. I went to mint.com and did a budget (superfabo site check it out). I figure if we pay off the cars, I'd only need to really make $1000 so we don't actually lose the house--and trim a heck of a lot off of the budgeted variable expenses. It's a small house only 1334sqft, but we have a good amount of land.

We will do things this winter to cut the electric, like plug up the outside dryer vent and run the dryer so that the heat stays in the house--just cover the dryer vent with a stocking. Cook for one week or one month so that the stove is on less--stuff like that. Move our savings and under budget savings to the car and then my hubby's truck.

My goal is to go 3 months not buying me NEW clothes and/or diapers for me and the kids. My husband is a very conservative clothing spender so that is not an issue.

So, I'm trolling the other forums to do with homesteading, sewing, and frugaliciousness.

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
#14 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Ethan has decided that sleep is for suckers. He went from a 5ish hour stretch at night with 2 wake ups after that to waking up just about every hour. And during the day he only naps for 20-30 minutes. Grrr! Other than that, we are doing well. Can't wait until we get our house in June - so tired of living with my parents!
We got Ethan a jumperoo (kinda like an exersaucer but jumpy!). He LOVES it. It's pretty cute to watch him in it, his face just lights up. He isn't teething yet, but holy drool!! He actually doesn't just drool, he purposely spits. We go through so many bibs a day now!

Aw, so many sick babies Hopefully they all feel better soon!
Thanks for the link rlmueller, I really need to make (and stick to!) a budget.
#15 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I hope all the sick babies feel better very soon!

My little Malachi (3 months today) is doing great. He had surgery a few weeks ago to repair his cleft lip and is healing wonderfully. We couldn't nurse for about a week and that was hard, but he went right back to nursing without any problems and I can tell he is putting on some weight again. He is so chubby! He weighed 16 pounds the morning of his surgery at not quite 10 weeks. Also, I've had better luck getting him to nap lately and am better able to keep up with housework and have a tiny bit of "me" time. He does seem to be teething. He is drooling a LOT. But I can't tell for sure if he's actually teething.

Thanks, Mary, for starting the thread. I want to stay connected with all of you ladies. :-)

Thanks, RLMueller, for the website address!
#16 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
RLMueller, before we got pregnant, my husband was afraid to lose my income, wondering how we'd make ends meet. But then we had the misfortune of both being laid off from our jobs at the same time and being forced to survive on one income. We learned that it can be done. There are still places we need to save money, of course, and it's always a work in progress, but I love being home with my baby boy. Best of luck to you in your quest to stay home!
#17 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 04:32 PM

as for teething - yes it could be true ladies! ds1 had his first at 5 months!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#18 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post
I have been wondering if Skylar is teething as well...but it seems so early!! Could it really be true??

She has had red cheeks for about 4 days and is suddenly really fussy at times....like, REALLY fussy, with a whole new cry and everything. She fusses before nursing and it's all very unlike her. She's not sick and otherwise appears fine. She's still sleeping fine at night though (phew) with a 4-6 hour stretch and then a couple more wake-ups before she's up for the day. I'm getting more sleep now than I have in years!

Aziz is doing the same thing. I thought perhaps it could be an ear infection, but I think it's more likely to be teeth. Although I don't feel an eruptions yet, I am assuming teeth are on the way.
#19 of 332 Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 PM

Hello mamas. I was really sad to see our DDC closed. It makes me sad to think of how fast DD is growing and changing. I still can't believe she isn't a newborn anymore . I try so hard to live in the moment and soaked in all the new baby deliciousness, but I still can't believe that it is over and she will never be that tiny and new again. That being said, I love all the new and cute things she can do and am excited about the time to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devasma View Post
Ethan has decided that sleep is for suckers. He went from a 5ish hour stretch at night with 2 wake ups after that to waking up just about every hour. And during the day he only naps for 20-30 minutes. Grrr! Other than that, we are doing well. Can't wait until we get our house in June - so tired of living with my parents!
We got Ethan a jumperoo (kinda like an exersaucer but jumpy!). He LOVES it. It's pretty cute to watch him in it, his face just lights up. He isn't teething yet, but holy drool!! He actually doesn't just drool, he purposely spits. We go through so many bibs a day now!

Aw, so many sick babies Hopefully they all feel better soon!
Thanks for the link rlmueller, I really need to make (and stick to!) a budget.
Hannah is going through something similar! We went a couple months of waking only 1-2 times between 10PM-6AM. Now we are lucky to get one 3-4 hour stretch and then almost hourly wakings after that. I am problem solving...we've had some majorly wet diapers so I am going back to changing her in the night. Also last night she was suddenly crying and when I pickedher up she burped and went right back to sleep...so maybe that is the problem sometimes. Ugh, I don't know. maybe she is just learning so fast that it is disrupting her sleep a bit. I have been back to work 3 weeks now (3 days a week) and I need my sleep more than ever. I am wondering also if the sleep issues are stemming from me being away from her during the day.

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#20 of 332 Old 05-01-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devasma View Post
Ethan has decided that sleep is for suckers. He went from a 5ish hour stretch at night with 2 wake ups after that to waking up just about every hour.
Ella, too! She was sleeping for 5-6 hours at a time nearly every night and then about a week ago decided that 3 hours at a time is the most she can manage. It means that I am awake 2-4 times in the night rather than just once. Yawn. I knew the once a night thing was too good to last. (Says the mama whose 3.5 year old is still up in the night 95% of the time...)

And add my baby to the droolers list! I don't remember my son drooling this much - today we went through 5 bibs! It could be teeth - I had my first at 17 weeks and E is 13 today. But I really hope not...

We have made contact with a mama-baby group in our new town that's supposed to be AP, but I am surprised to see so many mamas who consider themselves attachment parents who are bottle-feeding and sleeping separately from the LOs. But a few who are also experimenting with EC like we are, which is nice.

Our dual big news items are that my DP was offered a dream job in Munich, so we will be moving there at the end of the summer, but they won't let me come unless we are married, so we are planning a wedding, too!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#21 of 332 Old 05-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Munich! Wow, how extremely cool!

Congrats on the engagement.

Angela
#22 of 332 Old 05-01-2010, 12:49 PM

Oh, how nice. You are moving to Germany!!! I am from the North though. South germany is really a whole different Germany Lots of lederhosen and beer, more like the Americans picture all Germany to be. And congratulations!

#23 of 332 Old 05-01-2010, 03:29 PM

Ah a work visa marriage. That was me and DH. They wouldn't put him on my work visa in Argentina unless we were married, so it was off to city hall...and then the event grew a life of its own (ie our parents got wind of it) and we wound up with a proper wedding on the beach to boot.

Munich is beautiful! Congrats on both, CMTB.

So sad to hear about all the sick and bothered babes. Hope they get well soon or get through the phase fast.

Emily is now at a solid 8 hour stretch at night, and I can manipulate when that happens up to a point. As long as she gets to at least have a nap from 5-7 she'll go down at 10:30 and sleep until 6:30, but if she can't fall asleep for whatever reason, or can't have a solid nap earlier in the evening, she'll crash at 7 and wake up at 3am and eat and snooze for the next four hours until we get up.

She is such a happy baby. EC is coming along great. We still go with a nappy at night, because I like the 8 hour stretch that it allows me.

She's laughing and social and super sweet. I am totally in love.

All is gearing up foir moving to Colombia in August. I am so excited to start a new challenge and get to know a new culture. It's going to be fun...in the meantime it is a huge PITA in terms of papers and apostilles and yadda yadda yadda, but it's going to be a great shift, AND I just found out that my BEST friend in Argentina is going to be moving to Colombia too! In Novemeber! How's that for a small world coincidence?! I am so excited to be going to a real city and to have a best girlfriend back.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#24 of 332 Old 05-01-2010, 04:28 PM

4 month sleep regression

if i couldn't see and feel the teeth, i wouldn't believe holly was teething either!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#25 of 332 Old 05-01-2010, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Liam found his thumbs & he tried to put both in at the same time...sometimes prefers the thumb over the breast

Overall we are doing well. I'm working through some issues surrounding my birth & I think I am doing a tiny bit better everyday.

I can't believe that our fourth trimester is "up" on Wednesday...3 months old. WOWZA! Cross fingers here ** We've avoided all the sickness going around town too. We are going to go in to see a pedi.urologist for a possible penile torsion. Praying that I'm just a paranoid mom & my baby won't need surgery.

I would love to have the chance to experience pregnancy & birth all over again & sad that that season of my life is coming to a close.

#26 of 332 Old 05-02-2010, 12:14 AM

Anyone is loosing hair like crazy ? My hair seems to be everywhere...

#27 of 332 Old 05-02-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawood View Post
Yes! And it is weird because pre pregnancy I lost hair like crazy (or at least it seemed that way but I am sure was a healthy amount). At some point in pregnancy my hair stopped falling out at all and I forgot what it was like. Last week my hair started to fall out again and I was shocked. It isn't necessarily anymore than I would have lost pre-pregnancy but it seems like a ton because it has been so long since I shed! And now my hair is at least 5 inches longer since it grew so fast when preggo...so it seems like more hair. And I don't see the humor nature has in starting shedding right on time for DD to be practicing grabbing things (i.e. hair)....now I am pulling my hairs out of her hands all the time. Hello 24/7 ponytail.

...Oh boy, I heard that poop from across the room. Too bad her daddy just left on an errand, this ones all mine....

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#28 of 332 Old 05-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawood View Post
Yep, me too. But I thought it might have had something to do with me turning my hair platinum blonde and then reverting back to my natural brown LOL
I thought it was kinda weird that it didn't fall out until weeks after I was done with all the coloring, but hormones must have reared their ugly head.
Although this amount is nothing compared to when I had the mirena IUD in. I could barely touch my hair without a handful.
#29 of 332 Old 05-02-2010, 04:12 PM

Do you mind if I join in? I have been lurking in your DDC since my baby was due so close to January and the Feb DDC is kinda quiet...

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#30 of 332 Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Hop in, Lauren.

Things are going well. Griffin's runny nose has dried up. He was doing full-on belly laughs this afternoon. And I found a recipient to start pumping for. All is well in my world.

Angela

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page