Feb 2010 DDC May chat thread! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2010, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Is it horrible that I don't overly worry about Caleb in the sun? Or any of my kids really. I just have the boys wear hats (for their bald heads) and try to avoid being out at midday, but I really only worry about sunscreen if we are going to be outside all day...just an hour at the playground I don't.
I don't worry too much either. My kids do wear sunhats though, they have super thin barely there hair. If we are going to be out for hours or at the beach or something they get sunscreen. Our yard is mostly shaded, so I figure it's not direct sunlight all day. DS has never gotten burned using this method (knock on wood). I keep DD in the shade or on me mostly covered. I did put some sunscreen on her legs the other day because she likes to let them dangle now.

Mama to three

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post
Only thing that bothers me about peeing while babywearing--the looks I get when I exit a public toilet with him still on!
What am I supposed to do, though? We don't even use the infant seat anymore at all--he's happier in the convertible, so it's not like I can drag him around in that, even if I wanted to.
I just smile at the people who see me come out of the stall with a baby on my front and a toddler holding my hand. Fun times I don't use the infant seat at all, way too hard to hold that and keep track of a two year old.

Mama to three

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I think when you have a baby, no matter what you do- people in general think it is their right to give you lots of opinions on what you sohuld or should not do! y'know?! So I think we have to just smile and nod and then do what we were gonna do anyway, or something
Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
I've done the peeing while babywearing - it takes some practice though and I don't do it at home, only when we're out. I am still using the infant carrier - he's got another 2" before he's too tall and then we'll have to invest in a convertible seat. It's a tossup as to whether I wear or use the carseat when we're out - if it's a longer trip out I often wear him unless he fell asleep in the car, but if it's just run in and out I just stick with the seat.

I did get this cute pic of him in the mei tai on Saturday:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1713670_n.jpg
So sweet!!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Old 06-01-2010, 01:26 PM

AF returned for me yesterday and I feel like a$$. I'm just starting to workout again and get into a groove and then this happens and I feel super unmotivated today.

W is going through a BIG growth spurt right now. He'll be 3 months on Thursday and is going back to having his 'witching hour' in the evening and just eating like crazy - every 2 instead of his every 3-4 like before. And this all just started Saturday evening.

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Malachi rolled back to front on purpose today. He has been partially rolling/accidentally rolling for a while now. He would try it, then get distracted and just do something else. Today, just rolled back to front, moved his arm out of the way and acted like this is totally what he does every day. Now if he could just do front to back he wouldn't be so frustrated stuck on his belly. Isn't that supposed to be the easier one? Silly baby.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Caleb has the same problem. He rolls all the way over, looks around for a few minutes, and then gets peeved that he can't roll back. But if I put something next to him so he can't roll over (he always rolls one way) he gets peeved to.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 06-01-2010, 11:48 PM

My mom put DD on her stomach today and she rolled front to back for the first time. I haven't put her on her stomach in weeks...apparently she wants to roll!

Mama to three

Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM

DD must be growing or something. Marathon/frequent nursing sessions and lots of sleeping.

Mama to three

Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 PM

I was totally resisting "tummy time" with my baby even though many people said I "Had" to do it! then today I got together w- someother babies and they all did well on their bellies and so I am finally gonna do that with my baby! Little bit at a time. He is also strarting to roll a bit
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
I was totally resisting "tummy time" with my baby even though many people said I "Had" to do it! then today I got together w- someother babies and they all did well on their bellies and so I am finally gonna do that with my baby! Little bit at a time. He is also strarting to roll a bit
DD hated tummy time so I seriously never did it. DS loves it so we do it all the time, but DD still rolled well earlier!

We're driving 5 hours with the kids this weekend and I"m dreading it. DS still hates the car so much. DD and I used to take road trips all the time (sometimes with DH but often by ourselves) and now I'm feeling kind of tied down, but we have to travel a lot this month for a visit to the in-laws and a wedding and then a retirement party. I hope he makes peace with the car.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 PM

I tried to nurse Ben's feet last night. He had wiggled himself out of his bed and into mine and ended up upside-down. I was mostly asleep and very confused. "Why won't you latch on? And why do you keep holding your arms straight up like that? And where's your head?"

We're heading out for another weekend in Atlanta tomorrow. We do that a lot, and the baby usually does well, but lately he's been crying the second I put him in the car seat. So I'm hoping the same as HappiLeigh, that things will go well.

When we come back I'm leaving my older son with my mom, and she's taking him to her house for a week. Then I'm going to head down there with the baby, and THEN we're all going to Texas for a wedding, and staying down there for the rest of the month! Wish me luck - I like traveling and I like my family, but too much of both may drive me crazy.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nadia had her 4month appt. She's 25 inches long, 15lbs 12oz....and a rolly polly ball of chub

She's also a mightly cute thumbsucker...
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=0cee3eb4.jpg
and she's loving rice cereal (trying to keep her from spitting up so much at night)
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=71e354bf.jpg
and she loves her floor gym
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...9.jpg&newest=1

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM

Aww what a chunk! She weighs about half a pound more than Caleb did, but he's at least an inch taller, LOL.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 06-04-2010, 10:21 AM

I finally saw the movie "Babies" last night- very cute!
It made me wonder about he hitting hting- how in the movie they show some of the babies hitting eachother and working it out while the San Fran baby only had her mom to hit who said no hitting.

Just made me realize the importance of the LO's interacting with their peers-
I mean. obviously.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:31 AM

Making us a new, June chat thread....

Engaged to my sweetheart, Mammy to two beautiful girls
Eden Jade 18.08.06 & Saffron Jo 13.02.10
Old 06-05-2010, 06:42 PM

link to June thread

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)

User Tag List