teething 2mo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

babe's been drooling a little, shoving knuckles into her mouth and knawing, and yesterday she had a totally frothy, watery stool, not that it's ever been that normal and seedy because of my overactive letdown. she also has been more 'fussy' lately, which has never really been a problem. last nite dh and i could tell she was in pain so we gave her bb tylenol.

ALSO
she's been sttn for 3 + weeks. sometimes 7 hrs. last night we regressed back to every 2.5 hrs!!! arg. wtf
is there a 2mo growth spurt? does teething make them do this??

is there anything else i can do to comfort her?

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Probably teething! My baby started at 10 weeks. She had been sttn for 13 or 14 hours! Now wakes a few times a night, does all the things your baby does, plus started getting diaper rash, chewing on toys, and getting red cheeks sometimes!

DD1 started at 3 months and didn't get her first tooth till 9 months, so it might be a while till a tooth comes!

Mom to dd1 7/2007, dd2 2/2010, and ds 7/2006 in heaven
#3 of 3 Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 PM

We use Hylands teething tablets and they work beautifully! I don't know what the minimum age is though? I think we stared at 4 months (that's when she cut her first teeth) but I would say she started teething about a month or so before that. Two months is young, but I have heard stranger things. I always hated giving Tylenol, but we did that too when we could tell the pain was very bad. Did the Tylenol help?

I had an overactive letdown as well which made her gassy and fussy. We did gripe water which seemed to help a little, but not enough. At 2 months DD was diagnosed with GERD. She was prescribed Zantac, but we opted to change my diet (cut out diary and soy) before we gave her any. Luckily for us that did the trick.

Good luck and I hope your LO feels better soon.

Mama to Madelynn 8/16/2009 and awaiting buggy #2 March/2011 , partner to DH

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page