Happy 1st Birthday June 09 Babies!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think we are the saddest, most non-participating in "groupness" (once our DDC closed) ever *sigh* but I wanted to wish everyone's little ones a very happy 1st birthday.

~Salvador's mama
#2 of 16 Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL yeah we are. Maybe we are all too laid back or something.

Amelia turned 1 on June 1st. We had her party last Monday. It was a bbq at the beach here in HI. I brought a baby pool and a canopy cover thing and she hung out in there, we had a great time!!! Can't believe they are 1...

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#3 of 16 Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 PM

Yes! Happy birthday!!! Ds turned one on Saturday and we had a little party (for the adults ) I said no presents (nicely) on the invites and most people followed! We got some clothes, but no junk . Also, ds **** will.not.eat and I had grand plans to make him his own 'healthy' (banana muffin) cupcake in case he decided to eat, but never got to it. So when it came time to do the whole cupcake with one candle thing, I had to use a 'real' cupcake (home made by my friend and they were amazing!!!). I didn't want to deprive ds (and all his guests) of the 'first bday cake all over show' so I let him 'dig in'. But, he didn't eat any. I even tried to give him a taste of icing, he took one lick and then pushed my hand away! So, we made it through the first bday without a sugar high!!! Apparently mama's milk is even better than cupcakes!
I hope you all have wonderful celebrations!!!!!

Mother to C 6/5/09 and wife to wonderful hubby!
#4 of 16 Old 06-07-2010, 11:23 PM

Amelia didn't like/eat her cake either. I just got a big one from Costco since we were doing a big bbq.

She does like sushi and pretty much all veggies and fruit, so she's doing much better in the eating department. We are also nursing though I think my supply is really down.

#5 of 16 Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyMama View Post
I think we are the saddest, most non-participating in "groupness" (once our DDC closed) ever *sigh*
Who has time for monthly chat threads?!? Seriously, I don't think I could do it. Maybe we all are laid back. Or maybe we all have high needs babes?

Happy Birthdays!

We're planning to make Pumpkin Apple Harvest Cake cupcakes for Francesca's birthday, plus some regular chocolate ones for those who will roll their eyes at the "healthy" cupcakes. DH loves my cream cheese frosting, so that's what we're having on the pumpkin ones, for sure. DD *might* eat some.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#6 of 16 Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 AM

Happy Birthday June babies!

We are going to have a little family BBQ for DD's birthday too. I'm hoping to make some healthy birthday cake for her to play with, even if she decides not to eat much of it!

I hope everyone is doing well! Can you believe it's been a year already????

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#7 of 16 Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Yay! Excited to see this! I miss you all

Samara turned one this past Tuesday, but unfortunately we had no one to celebrate with--my family is 3,000 miles away (we just moved recently) and my DH is at sea--so her and I had a special party all by ourselves! We did have an actual party for her 2 weeks ago, which my parents flew into town for, and my DH was here for. She was not that interested in her cake either!! More interested in squishing it between her fingers than eating it--she's never had anything like that, so didn't know it was food (well, it's not really, is it?)

Anyone's baby walking yet? Samara is NOT even interested! She didn't crawl until almost 10 months, and that is sooo much faster, so why try to walk? If I try to get her to stand with my fingers, she just wants to crawl! She also decided around 8 months to stop sleeping long stretches & now wakes up about 10 times a night I'm EXHAUSTED, which doesn't help my PPD or PPA. I am going to attempt to nightwean, soon, at least for a 6 hour stretch at night, before I go crazy. Overall, S is totally sweet and sunshiney all day, so I can't complain!! She is a happy, friendly, cuddly girl, and I don't know how I'd be making it through this time away from her dad without her! She makes every day better

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#8 of 16 Old 06-10-2010, 11:52 AM

Hi everybody! J turned 1 on the 2nd. We went out for Japanese. He was screaming (somewhat happily?) almost the whole time, but we were the only ones there, so it was okay! We had a low key party on the 5th so the grandparents could come and it was good. I made him a banana cake with peanut butter frosting (two of his favorite foods are banana and pb!) and he liked it. Then he got a fever and threw up half the night!! I'm convinced he picked up something from the dr's office on Friday at his "well-baby" visit.

He is feeling better now, but I think is teething and gearing up for that 55 week mental leap--so he's been pretty clingy and whiny. But it hasn't been too bad.

He DID start walking about a week ago!! He'll take about 4-5 steps on his own. It is so cool.

We are also thinking of nightweaning. We started some gentle changes to his bedtime routine and DH can get him to do the last falling asleep in his crib with no crying. But we still haven't seen changes in the nightwaking, yet. And he's been waking up at 5:00 am most of the time. Boo hiss. I don't know. I'm so tired, I don't trust myself to be consistent in the middle of the night!
#9 of 16 Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
Who has time for monthly chat threads?!? Seriously, I don't think I could do it. Maybe we all are laid back. Or maybe we all have high needs babes?

Happy Birthdays!

We're planning to make Pumpkin Apple Harvest Cake cupcakes for Francesca's birthday, plus some regular chocolate ones for those who will roll their eyes at the "healthy" cupcakes. DH loves my cream cheese frosting, so that's what we're having on the pumpkin ones, for sure. DD *might* eat some.
ours is a bit high needs, but I admit I haven't been on mothering too much this year (and have been on thebabywearer probably a bit too much )

ours is turning 1 on the 18th! He's been walking since 9 months, but no talking of any sort yet. We aren't doing anything crazy for the birthday so far, too much other stuff going on right now in our family - but maybe a little bbq or something that weekend might happen.

and 8 teeth, he got most of them pretty early (had 4 by 6 months)

we are nowhere *near* any kind of weaning. He eats solids, but not a lot, and it can be a battle. I should post a separate thread about this since it is starting to concern me a bit that he's still so boob-dependent. He only wakes up once or twice a night, but nurses a ton in the AM, and all day, and a ton before bed. And bedtime is still super tough. We are down to one nap a day now, he goes to bed around 830 and up at 6. He's never needed a lot of sleep, oh well Nighttime at least I am getting 4ish hours in a row pretty often.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#10 of 16 Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM

Sylvan isn't walking but she's pulling up on everything, furniture surfing, and can walk with just the lightest bit of support. She's stood on her own a few times when she's not paying attention.

She has 3 teeth with a 4th on the way, and says up, mama and bye, although still very unpredictably.

As far as eating goes, she likes to taste things but doesn't eat a whole lot yet. She's definitely very boob dependant too. I refuse to turn meal times into a battle and she is gradually eating more and more so I'm not too concerned.

She sleeps with us and (most of the time) sleeps pretty well from about 10 to 8:30, only waking to nurse a couple times. I really hope this tooth comes in fast though, because this week has been a disaster for sleep as a result!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#11 of 16 Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Amelia wakes a lot during the night, ugg, usually 4-6 times. I am ready to nightwean her, I'm SO tired.

She is THIS close to walking...she'll crawl, stand up, walk about 6 steps, then crawl again. She tries to walk all over the place, it's so cute!! She can get across a room if she has momentum!

She has 7 (ouch!) teeth, says "ball" "this" "byebye" "da""ma" and we think "dog" too. She loves to point at stuff and say "this" for us to give it to her LOL. She'll keep "this"ing when she sees ice cream,etc, she's so funny!

She's got kind of a cranky attitude/personality but she is very funny and makes us smile everyday!

#12 of 16 Old 06-11-2010, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Haha. I'm the worst. It took me this long to check the thread.

Sal turns 1 on the 24th and has been walking since 10 months. He has 7 teeth, got all of those months ago, and eats just about everything except watermelon (the only thing he doesn't like so far). He still nurses a ton though including a lot more at night than I'm really cool with. I want to nightwean but I'm working on getting him to go down for a nap without nursies or driving first and I'll get to the night stuff later. The only words I know he says for sure are Ma or Mama and Da. I'm pretty sure we're going to have a little party for him at the end of the month and get some cute cupcakes.
#13 of 16 Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Shane will be 1 on the 16th. He is HUGE, and just into everything and laughs all the time. I haven't been on much at all, just busy with life. DH is gone right now and we are gearing up for a deployment, so I don't have as much time as I did before.

Shane didn't crawl properly until he was about 10 months, maybe closer to 11. He did a silly scoot thing, but now is finally standing up, but not ready to walk.

He has had 6 teeth since he was 7 months old and learned how to bite mommy while nursing. That has NOT been fun, but that is slowing down as well. I am just waiting for him to get more teeth in. That might not be fun.

He just started sleeping semi decently. Down around 930 and up at 4 or so, then I bring him back to bed with me and he sleeps for another few hours depending on when I have to get up.

He has started to slowly wean. He doesn't really nurse much at all during the day, mostly just when he goes to sleep or wakes up in the Am. It makes me kind of sad, but really, it is best that he is doing it. Besides I am so busy during the day that I don't have much time to sit and really just nurse him. He gets BM in a sippy cause I do pump a bit after he goes to sleep, so he still gets milk, just not always at the tap. He also sadly keeps stealing his buddies bottles of formula (I do daycare) so he will drink that as well.

He is talking a bit. He says mama, dada, Jack (our dog) Bu (our other dog) he even said Jake (his brother Jacob). He does some signs like eat, more, please, all done, milk, hi, bye. Other then that, I think we just anticipate what he wants so often that he isn't being forced to communicate as much as he probably could.

He is a happy guy that laughs and smiles all the time but you would never know by all theh pictures we take. Its like the second a camera comes out he stops smiling. His dad does the same thing. Weirdos

I am enjoying every minute I have with him and trying to remember he is my last so I better not wish he grew up too fast.

I will post pictures after his birthday on Wed.
#14 of 16 Old 06-20-2010, 01:51 AM

I'm just bumping this to say Happy Birthday to all of the end of June babies! I can't believe in 3 days I'll have a one year old!

We are suddenly having major teething issues resulting in a tired, cranky baby so I hope DD is feeling better in time for her birthday. I think she's having one of those developmental leaps too. She's suddenly starting to talk more and says Up, Mama, Ball, Bye and really mimics the sounds we are making. It's very cute!

#15 of 16 Old 09-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Just caught up with this thread, but wanted to wish all the June babies a belated birthday, and get a jump start on wishing them a happy half birthday...ok so it's super early, but oh well...better than late right?!

I find it hard to keep up with us in Life with a Babe- maybe I just don't spend enough time on here- but I'm on the computer all day and my husband gets kind of over me being on the computer at home.

Keira is signing quite a bit of signs, more and milk have been her favorite...but she is getting all done, and some more complex ones too+
she also knows to point out her eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, teeth, chin & she points out which dog is which, she also says more when she signs it, says ball (and throws so good, she amazes us!) da, and ma, and lots of other things I'm not thinking of right now. Still working on the confidence with walking, but she did about 5 mini steps last night

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#16 of 16 Old 09-30-2010, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Wow! Just saw this!! Happy belated Birthday to all the June babes!! So happy to see some of us are still around!

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page