June chat for October 2009 moms! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-23-2010, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey again! I havent been on MDC much lately, Kianna is SUCH a busy body that my days are spent chasing her down. She walks along couches/furniture and walks behind chairs and pushes them. Last week she actually stood in the middle of the room by herself. I know its just a matter of time before she is lighting fast walking! She crawls so fast I feel like Im constantly chasing her. Her favorite spots are the toilet, dog food and pulling her diapers off the changing table.
We are still breastfeeding but the last week or so she has pretty much been self weaning herself. I have to work to get her to nurse. She just isnt interested anymore. She is much more into "real" food. I think Im going to just stop nursing her around meal times and give her real food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then nurse mid morning , afternoon and Evenings.

Mommy & Kianna on Vacation http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...y/IMG_0915.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 07:57 PM

My kid still isn't crawling. Ok, she can go backwards and in a circle and she can scoot on her bum and she can inch forward by using her toes (which is HILARIOUS). I though she was gonna crawl months ago! I have a video of her at 5.5 months juuust about doing it, and still nothing yet.

She is up on hands and knees, rocking back and forth though. And she can go from sitting to tummy and back again and strangely enough enjoys sitting in the splits.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM

We went to the outdoor pool on Monday:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2603885_n.jpg

See how lanky she is?
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1365657_n.jpg

Does not take no for an answer when it involves boobies
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6708653_n.jpg

POh, and I should update here too- my axewounded nipples are healing up and I have her back on the breast! So happy

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Vyky-That is great about your boobs! I felt so badly for you. I wouldn't worry about the crawling. She'll get it soon and then you will be sorry. I have part of the house gated off but she has free reign over three bedrooms, a hallway and the dining room. Sometimes I have to run through these areas looking for her. I sit down at the computer to type a message like this and she is GONE!

Belltree-I can't imagine having a 7 month old walker! It is extraordinary but at the same time kind of rough, I imagine. The earliest any of mine walked was 9 months and that was tough enough. Does your baby look really small walking around or is he tall? I think it looks so cute when tiny babies walk around.

Got to go! Bridget is on the move!!!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Old 06-28-2010, 02:42 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Ok c'mon guys, our babies are 8 months old- is no one from our DDC pregnant again yet?? I keep waiting for an announcement!

HERE is my blog where I post lots of pictures of Mr. Cutey Baby Booty Pants. Like this one, and this one. I cannot get enough of that sweet baby's face in the 2nd picture! He just radiates love & joy.

I can't believe how mobile some of your babies are! My chunky boy isn't even crawling or anything. He's content to just hang out on his hefty backside. He's got 6 teeth though!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM

Love seeing pics and hearing about everyone's LOs!

Emmy is 8.5 months. She's very long and thin - guessing she's about 28in and 16 pounds.

She crawls, cruises on furniture, stands by herself quite well, and last Friday she took her first step! She gets about one and half steps in before she'll collapse into me. She's also gotten quite good at holding on to one of my fingers and walking around. She looks a little drunk when she does it, though. Still working on that balance.

She has four teeth and is currently working on her fifth (hello, sleepless cranky nights!). When not teething, she sleeps for 12 hours, waking up once to nurse around 6 am.

She claps and waves.

Em has always been a quiet baby, and I was getting worried about her lack of babbling, but she's suddenly started making noise. She'll say "dadadada" and "mamama" among other sounds. She will also say "up," though she hasn't totally linked it with being picked up yet, though we're working on it. She's also started to make the sign for "all done" once in awhile.

Foodwise, she does purees, but I also give her food to self-feed at every meal. She's so busy and thin, I pretty much try to get as many calories into her as I can, however I can.

Anyone else do Cheerios? She loves them, and spreading a handful on her highchair will keep her busy for up to 30 min (!), but I feel vaguely guilty about it. I was going to hold off giving her any kind of processed, packaged food for as long as possible....but 30 minutes!!! Did I mention it will keep her quiet for 30 minutes?

homebirth.jpgdd 10/09
Old 06-29-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
Ok c'mon guys, our babies are 8 months old- is no one from our DDC pregnant again yet?? I keep waiting for an announcement!
I keep trolling all the new DDCs that come up looking for anyone from ours, LOL. There's lots of mamas from later DDCs than ours who are already pregnant again! Someone get on it! (I've got wicked squish-fever but I'm not fertile yet)

ETA: I suppose I can update. Boob holes are still there, but we can nurse through them with a bit of discomfort.

Lyra is STILL not crawling. She can go backwards, is rocking on her hands and knees and can easily get from tummy to sitting and back again (though not gracefully, she still does a faceplant every now and again) She looks like she's going to be pulling up soon, she can get up to kneeling while holding on to something.

Her two bottom incisors are in (and sharp as hell), and she is cutting three upper incisors- the middle two and the one to the left of middle. She's a good teether. She's crabby at bedtime, but we've just been giving her some Baby Advil and she settles down easily.

She hasn't been biting, but she seems to have found PINCHING as her new favourite method of annoying me, LOL. I have little scabs all over my boobs from her pinching.

And she has recently started signing MILK as a way to communicate wanting to nurse instead of while she's nursing. We've been working on a few more signs lately as well.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post
I keep trolling all the new DDCs that come up looking for anyone from ours, LOL. There's lots of mamas from later DDCs than ours who are already pregnant again! Someone get on it! (I've got wicked squish-fever but I'm not fertile yet)

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one looking forward to this announcement! I suffer from Chronic Baby Fever Disease , but I am also not fertile yet. Which I am grateful for because I would prefer to enjoy my baby as my only baby a little more, and I don't want to lose my milk yet. But knowing me & my Disease, I'd be pregnant already if I could be. LOL!

Hey MsVyky, maybe we can be in a another ddc again someday!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:40 PM

I hope so. DH told me that he doesn't want to have any more bio babies. He wants to foster and adopt. Don't get me wrong- that is AWESOME, but I really would like to have another of my own, y'know?

Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one looking forward to this announcement! I suffer from Chronic Baby Fever Disease , but I am also not fertile yet. Which I am grateful for because I would prefer to enjoy my baby as my only baby a little more, and I don't want to lose my milk yet. But knowing me & my Disease, I'd be pregnant already if I could be. LOL!

Hey MsVyky, maybe we can be in a another ddc again someday!
Lol! I was wondering the same thing actually. Surprised no one is pregnant yet. I think someone from the Sept DDC waas pregnant months ago!! I have been fertile since ds was 3 months and I want another one but I want to lose the 10 lbs I have hanging out first and I like to wait till baby is well established on solids before I get pregnant and my milk supply tanks so no pregnanices yet here. Ds isn't big into food yet. We dont do meals or anything just bites here and there. Pasta cheerios, veggies, he doesnt really like fruit. Crackers etc. He is a spaz and so busy he doesn't like to nurse much so I have to wrangle him to get him to settle down and nurse. He is still small- 26 inches and 16 lbs 2 oz at almost 9 months so I worry when he goes 3-4 hours without nursing. Israel is cruising and I anticipate he will be walking in the next 2 months or so.
http://tmvigneau.blogspot.com/

Always pics of my monkeys on there!

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

Old 06-29-2010, 04:22 PM

Oops.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one looking forward to this announcement! I suffer from Chronic Baby Fever Disease , but I am also not fertile yet. Which I am grateful for because I would prefer to enjoy my baby as my only baby a little more, and I don't want to lose my milk yet.
also no pp here. ok with me.

vlad also just started walking 4 steps without assistance this past week. i'm having a hard time finding shoes that fit. i went to stride rite to have him sized and he's 4.5 WW and they didn't have any in the store. i keep him barefoot at home, but we meet other kids at the park, so i wanted to get him a pair of sandals. i'm thinking about ordering soft stars. any shoe advice for pudgy feet?

he loves BLW. nurses a ton as well.

sleep: recently it has been harder to get him to nap. he will be really tired but as soon as his eyes close he rolls to his stomach and opens his eyes and wants to crawl & stand. i have been wearing him down for most of his naps (which is quite a task with 22lb baby).

i love all the pics/videos.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 06-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Okay. I thought my post had went through, but apparently not. :

DD3 won a baby crawling contest Saturday at our local mall. She kept trying to flirt with the other baby, though. I'm planning on uploading the video of it to Facebook as soon as I can find the USB cord for the video camera.

I'm surprised I haven't ended up in a DDC yet. I've had several scares, or maybe it's just paranoia. I'm not used to AF not coming around for extended periods of time. So, next week I go to the gyn for semi-permanent birth control. It would be my luck to fall pregnant since I'm trying to get my career going again even though with all of the girls I had to use fertility drugs. We're still planning on doing IVF (possibly with MS or PGD) in a couple of years. I'm still dying for a boy, but enjoying DD3 very much so.

Here's a pic of DD3 with DD1 being busy at DH's office:

http://i48.tinypic.com/1z1z9d5.jpg

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post
also no pp here. ok with me.

vlad also just started walking 4 steps without assistance this past week. i'm having a hard time finding shoes that fit. i went to stride rite to have him sized and he's 4.5 WW and they didn't have any in the store. i keep him barefoot at home, but we meet other kids at the park, so i wanted to get him a pair of sandals. i'm thinking about ordering soft stars. any shoe advice for pudgy feet?

he loves BLW. nurses a ton as well.

sleep: recently it has been harder to get him to nap. he will be really tired but as soon as his eyes close he rolls to his stomach and opens his eyes and wants to crawl & stand. i have been wearing him down for most of his naps (which is quite a task with 22lb baby).

i love all the pics/videos.
DD2 had extremely pudgy feet coupled with large ankles. Stride Rite shoes always worked well for her.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Not from me!! Im still sore from this birth! It will be a while before my body is ready for another birth like that one!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:43 AM

lol, i won't be gettingf pg ever again! good luck to those trying.

millie still doesn't have teeth. her gums will swell, she will drool like crazy and be a total crab, then nothing she is crawling, finally. only took her 9 mos lol!

here's our latest project....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000132384461
love the pics, ladies! such beautiful babies!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 AM

WE HAVE A TOOTH!! finally! She has been working on it for MONTHS and we have one broke through this week. The little thing is SHARP. She has been 'testing" it out on mommy if you know what I mean.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:11 PM

HAHAHA, join the club Shannon! LOL

Old 07-01-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
WE HAVE A TOOTH!! finally! She has been working on it for MONTHS and we have one broke through this week. The little thing is SHARP. She has been 'testing" it out on mommy if you know what I mean.
Congratulations! On the tooth part, not the testing on mommy part. Bebe does that too and it's extremely painful. She's up to six teeth, with a seventh coming through and I'm like uhm, when can we start weaning dear?

Old 07-02-2010, 04:33 AM

Hi everyone, is there a July thread yet? I've kind of been busy with teething and all, so haven't been posting much. DD is still not crawling yet at 8 months -- weird, ds was crawling, army style, at 5 months. She hates being on her tummy and just wants to stand. She has four teeth and seems to be working on a 5th for awhile now. Her sleep is terrible these days, some days she only has one short nap. She only slept 9 hours last night after only napping once (I think) for about an hour. Yikes!
No way I'll pregnant anytime soon -- still no AF. With ds, I was 20 months pp before I got AF, and of course had to do IVF even to get dd. Still have 3 frozen embryos though! I am 44 so it would be pretty nuts to get pg again but I still have a bit of hope (dh is done though).
The other day, I saw a mom at a park taking a baby out of a stroller, after putting a bib on him (he started to look scared and wimper as soon as she put the bib on him). She then sat down on the grass, forced him to lie with his head in her lap, and then started stuffing something green and pureed into his mouth while he cried (it was one of those little plastic tubs of baby food I think). He continued to cry as she kept shoving spoonful after spoonful into his mouth, while she kept talking rather harshly to him (not sure what she was saying, it was in another language). I was horrified to say the least. All this took about 4 minutes, after which the dad came up and showed the baby a balloon to try to distract him and to get him to smile. I wanted to say something but worried that I'd sound like a lecturing stranger, but isn't it 10 kinds of wrong to do that? Seems like a double choking hazard -- feeding him lying down and while he cried. So sad.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great 4th.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

User Tag List