June chat for October 2009 moms! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are already 1/3 of the way through June and no one has posted in our thread since May 27th! At least not that I saw! I hope I'm not duplicating a June thread. I take that to mean everyone is out enjoying the nice weather with the little ones. Just wanted to say hi and see who is still around.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 50 Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Still here.

Lyra learned how to clap her hands!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=P6080092.flv

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#3 of 50 Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

So adorable! I love little Lyra. She still looks like such a baby. I feel like mine is looking more like a toddler these days and it makes me sad.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#4 of 50 Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 PM

It's 'cause she's bald as an egg.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#5 of 50 Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post
Still here.

Cute cute!! She is a baldy!
Israel has had 3 haircuts already!!!
8 months old today. Crawling and standing and getting into trouble!!!
http://tmvigneau.blogspot.com/2010/06/messy.html
http://tmvigneau.blogspot.com/2010/0...d-for-you.html
http://tmvigneau.blogspot.com/2010/0...ay-videos.html
( videos)

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#6 of 50 Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 AM

Clapping, crawling, standing, and haircuts??!! Oh my...that's impressive.

Dylan is busy working on his 3rd tooth. No crawling or anything even close. Still majorly struggling with sleep issues. It's a good thing he's so cute!

A couple of pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...9&id=814579310

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c&id=814579310 (His first taste of apple)

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#7 of 50 Old 06-11-2010, 10:12 AM

I mostly lurk but I want to say that I love the pics and keeping up with you all, it's so exciting to see all the babies grow. Gotta run, last day of school for ds1

Me, my Husband and three little Boys! 7, 5 and 7 1/2 months! Life is good!
#8 of 50 Old 06-11-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithK View Post
Clapping, crawling, standing, and haircuts??!! Oh my...that's impressive.

Dylan is busy working on his 3rd tooth. No crawling or anything even close. Still majorly struggling with sleep issues. It's a good thing he's so cute!

A couple of pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...9&id=814579310

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c&id=814579310 (His first taste of apple)
He is so freaken cute!!!!!! By the way... I was thinking of you. I know Dylan and Israel have been on the same growth curve... I dont know if you saw my other thread or not. I just weighed Israel at home and is still so tiny... height wise and weight wise. Whats Dylans stats these days?

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#9 of 50 Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Crawling, lol. Clementine is my second child in a row who sits wonderfully from an early age but could not care less about mobility.

In fact, when she's on her tummy, she just rolls over on to her back. You can keep flipping her over but eventually she'll get annoyed. Harrison was showing her how to do an awesome army crawl and she was all, whatever.

She does like to stand but does not pull up.

Recent pic:

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t=IMG_0281.jpg
#10 of 50 Old 06-11-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
He is so freaken cute!!!!!! By the way... I was thinking of you. I know Dylan and Israel have been on the same growth curve... I dont know if you saw my other thread or not. I just weighed Israel at home and is still so tiny... height wise and weight wise. Whats Dylans stats these days?
Tiny!!!! I haven't had him weighed since his 6 month visit, but I'm sure he is in the 16 lb range. I'm spacing on his height from that visit, but I'll look it up. He's still wearing 6 month clothes though! He's a small dude.

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#11 of 50 Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 PM

Haven't posted in quite a while, so here's an update on Reagan. She got her first 2 teeth 2 days after her 6 month birthday. She crawls, sometimes too quickly cause she throws herself off balance. She prefers to stand. She loves standing and walking around the coffee table. She has started to stand by herself, and everytime she does it she stands for a little bit longer. She loves her kitties, one in particular (Helmet) lets her crawl all over him. He'll even come over to her and sit down so that he can get her "loves." She's just about at 20 pounds now I think (I weighed her on a scale we have at work, but she had her clothes on), so she's just about the same weight as Helmet. She talks alot more, says dada and occasionally mamamamamaaa. But mostly it's nananannenenanene. She's eating and currently has an aversion to any food that is orange. She loves applesauce and gumming on bananas. She's working on drinking water from a sippy cup, but isn't a super fan, hopefully that'll change. She likes being outdoors, but does not like crawling on grass. She's doing great!!

Meeting her first cow:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=650585462

Laying down next to Helmet at the beginning of April:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d&id=650585462

Laying in our yard on Mother's Day:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=650585462

Mommy's little helper:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=650585462

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#12 of 50 Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM

We have a walker. At 7 months and 10 days he crossed our apartment by himself - 97 steps!

Does he now count as a toddler?

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#13 of 50 Old 06-15-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belltree View Post
We have a walker. At 7 months and 10 days he crossed our apartment by himself - 97 steps!

WOW!!!! That's impressive. Owen is standing, cruising, crawling and climbing stairs!!!!! The other day DH let him crawl up while he was behind him, today DD let the gate open and he had crawled nearly half way by the time I got to him, he's freaking fast, like crazily fast. He's saying very clearly mama(more mom-mom) and dada. He has very good taste in foods and is loving local goat cheese, which is funny because it was one of the few foods I really craved while preggers with him.

He doesn't like not being a big kid, he was sad today having to sit at the park-the boy wants to run. He is such a great little guy-he's pretty wonderful. He adores his sister, and she loves him, fun times.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#14 of 50 Old 06-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Nora, climbing stairs is pretty awesome! Our fellow skipped crawling and went straight to walking. Which was a bit scary because very unexpected in the beginning, plus he cannot handle stairs at all.

A lot of people keep telling me how essential crawling for babys (brain/language/physiological) development is and that our son will be prone to all sorts of disabilities, which sort of freaks me out, but what can I do? I never forced him to walk nor can I force him to crawl.

#15 of 50 Old 06-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Nora, climbing stairs is pretty awesome! Our fellow skipped crawling and went straight to walking. Which was a bit scary because very unexpected in the beginning, plus he cannot handle stairs at all.

A lot of people keep telling me how essential crawling for babys (brain/language/physiological) development is and that our son will be prone to all sorts of disabilities, which sort of freaks me out, but what can I do? I never forced him to walk nor can I force him to crawl.
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it, I mean what if he crawled for a day, would that be better? I think it sounds great. I think we all have our own learning, it's just like the food thing, there are those who adamantly say if you give a baby food before 6 months they'll all be prone to a life of food issues, for my kids they'd have issues if I didn't give them food. They have both had massive appetites, they are just early eaters, gosh both had teeth before 6 months, lol, something must be up.

I wouldn't worry about it, lot's of kids don't crawl and it's not that uncommon.

#16 of 50 Old 06-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Nora, thank you for your words. Somethings just start bugging me in the back of my mind.

Regarding food, we just give him pretty much anything, if there is a reaction, than we wait a bit longer or stop it. After having read the "rules" about when to introduce what food and what to avoid from different countries, I decided it doesn't really matter all that much, and its better to look at my child and see how he does with everything we offer him.

#17 of 50 Old 06-15-2010, 09:11 PM

great pics/videos ladies!!!

millie is officially pulling up!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000132384461

she started scooting/army crawling this week, too. no teeth, not really teething and her tort is very minimal now. she goes for another hearing test tomorrow.

as for eating, i think she missed the note that eating is for practice just now. she eats everything and still nurses about every 2 hrs. even at night she lost some weight a few weeks ago due to an ear infection, but she's back up to 19 +lbs now. she's about 29", too.

walking right now scares me. this child has no fear...

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#18 of 50 Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 PM

Lyra is now able to get from sitting to her tummy and back again, and is up on hands and knees, so crawling will be any day now, I think.

She is also still biting. She put another hole in me last night. I'm trying to stay positive and keep on going, but it's really starting wear me down. I hate that Ic an't trust her while she's on the breast. I sit there with my hand by her mouth waiting to unlatch her. Not that it helps, but the time I get my finger in there, the damage is done.

#19 of 50 Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM

boobs4milk, we still nurse quite a bit as well. 19lbs sounds great for a 27in breastfeed baby, of that age! DS is 27'' as well and weighs 17.4 lbs.

Our son needs to learn how to protect himself when falling, we have wooden floors, and especially when he's tired, he falls and bumps his head. He loves going over things or on top of things and has no sense of what is dangerous. Maybe that's just how babies of that age are?

MsVyky, that hurts! DS sometimes bites as well, but never too bad. I put him down immidately, if does it though, but I am sure you've tried all those tricks.

#20 of 50 Old 06-16-2010, 02:07 PM

To the ladies with the biting babies, have you pulled them in so close that your boob covers their face? I had to do this to both my kids, plus I've realized with DS it's when he's really teething that he bites more, so I give him some teething tablets or something.

I kinda feel badly for blocking their nose with my boob for a second, but biting is not ok. DD was a big time biter(at times she still is). When she was this same age I was literally covered with bites on my arms, I think her teeth caused her so much grief(she was a wretched teether) that biting was the only thing that relieved the pressure.

Owen has a HUGE appetite, he nurses still about every 3 hours, eats a TON of food, and also has a bottle of formula while I work. I pump him an 8 oz bottle and work for 6 hours and that EBM+dinner+formula barely keep him satisfied, the kid has a CRAZY metabolism. WOW! My kids hit 8-9 months and they both have been so active that I cannot keep up with the food intake, even with pumping and taking all the milk-boosting supplements, they still need more. Oh well.

#21 of 50 Old 06-16-2010, 05:22 PM

Can I "rejoin?"

I join MDC while pregnant with DS2, but haven't been on since he was born. I lurked and occasionally posted on the pregnancy DDC.

Anyways, I'm Brooke. I have 2 sons. Miles is 2.5 years old and Reed was born October 29th. He was due October 24th and I was attempting to VBAC, but ended up with another c-section, which I am ok with, amazingly enough.

I also have PCOS and IGT so breastfeeding has been a challenge. I only make about an ounce of milk per feeding (even with herbs, domperidone, etc) but I'm nursing using an SNS. Reed loves nursing so we continue on

Reed is crawling like crazy. I took him into work with me today to pick up my new laptop and he crawled the entire length of our hallway and then sat at the top of the stairs and watched people go up and down. He is cruising, but is too wiggly to walk yet.

I hope to be more active and get to know you all.
#22 of 50 Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 PM

hugs, vyky. i've done the squish-into-the-boob maneuver but only to get her unclamped. your first instinct is to pull so i've had to really be gentle with us both. the only other thing i can think of is probably not something you want to hear. when natalie got her teeth and was biting, i used some oragel on her gums so that she wouldn't bite while nursing. she was older, though, probably about 14 mos. she didn't get a tooth until 10 mos and biting didn't become an issue until she got the top ones in. hugs. maybe you can find something to help her bite when she needs to? a frozen bagel or wash cloth? i'm seriously tensing up thinking of your boob pic from the other thread...

welcome back happy buckeye!

belltree, i hear ya! millie climbs over things, people, fans, you name it, she's going over it if it's in her way. i just barely caught her before she was ON TOP of the computer cords under the table. we haven't baby-proofed because we were supposed to move, but that is off now so i guess i'd better get busy.

millie's hearing test was today. she failed. i'm not surprised, really because she just got over an ear infection. we go to the ped friday and will start the referral process for the audiologist.

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#23 of 50 Old 06-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Can I "rejoin" too? I have Joseph who is 4 and Sienna who is almost 8 months. She got her two bottom teeth at 7 months, she sits up perfectly and is starting to lunge forward, maybe she'll be crawling soon? She doesn't really eat much solids yet, but she never has been a big eater, I always have to initiate nursing. She weighs about 18 pounds now. Glad to be back and looking forward to the updates.

-Melissa
#24 of 50 Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Are any of your LOs going through a major sleep disturbance right now?

Reed was sleeping amazingly well...8 pm-6 am. We loved it because Miles, our 2 year old, never slept longer than 2 or 3 hours until he was 18 months old. Well now Reed is waking up in the middle of the night to eat, which is fine. But he's refusing to go back to sleep. No matter how long I nurse, if I rock him, if I cuddle real close in bed...none of that is working. He did just start babbling more sounds like "ma ma ma ma" and "da da da da" but he's been crawling for around 3 weeks.

How is everyone else's LOs eating solid food? We're doing BLW, sort of by our choice but mainly because Reed won't touch purees with a 10 foot pole. He is doing really well self-feeding. He's only really started eating though in the past 2 or 3 weeks. He had rotavirus back in April and the nurse at the pedi's office nearly ripped me a new one for not having him on rice cereal which she claimed would help with the diarrhea. Oh well.
#25 of 50 Old 06-19-2010, 12:54 AM

I'm still around. I just don't have much time to even check the forum, little on post!

DD3 has three teeth with three more coming in. I'm still nursing her, even though everyone said there was no way my milk would stay since I began giving her solids at four months. I myself am not exactly happy we didn't make it to six months without solids, but DD2 kinda did that for us. Eh, well. She's happy and healthy. Not sure of weight and measurements, but she's wearing at the least 6-9 month clothes. She has been crawling since Easter Sunday. She began pulling up at the same time. : I'm constantly running after her. Her favorite activity is chasing her sisters down the hallway. Things are craaaaazy! She's so much different from her sisters.

On a personal note, trying to go back to work after being a SAHM for 3.5 years. Boo!

Will have to post pics soon.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#26 of 50 Old 06-20-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post
Still here.

so sweet!!!

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#27 of 50 Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:

omg! that is truly amazing - WOW!!!

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#28 of 50 Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
Crawling, lol. Clementine is my second child in a row who sits wonderfully from an early age but could not care less about mobility.

In fact, when she's on her tummy, she just rolls over on to her back. You can keep flipping her over but eventually she'll get annoyed. Harrison was showing her how to do an awesome army crawl and she was all, whatever.

She does like to stand but does not pull up.

Recent pic:

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t=IMG_0281.jpg
so friggin' cute!

#29 of 50 Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyBuckeye View Post
Are any of your LOs going through a major sleep disturbance right now?

Reed was sleeping amazingly well...8 pm-6 am. We loved it because Miles, our 2 year old, never slept longer than 2 or 3 hours until he was 18 months old. Well now Reed is waking up in the middle of the night to eat, which is fine. But he's refusing to go back to sleep. No matter how long I nurse, if I rock him, if I cuddle real close in bed...none of that is working. He did just start babbling more sounds like "ma ma ma ma" and "da da da da" but he's been crawling for around 3 weeks.

How is everyone else's LOs eating solid food? We're doing BLW, sort of by our choice but mainly because Reed won't touch purees with a 10 foot pole. He is doing really well self-feeding. He's only really started eating though in the past 2 or 3 weeks. He had rotavirus back in April and the nurse at the pedi's office nearly ripped me a new one for not having him on rice cereal which she claimed would help with the diarrhea. Oh well.
Yes! Phoebe is doing this too and it is SO frustrating. She isn't crying which I appreciate but the mini play sessions at night are taking its toll. We have a side car crib and I'm strongly considering putting the 4th side up, but I just love waking up to her and snuggling, but I work full time outside the home and can't deal with the sleep schedule lately. We just borrowed the No Cry Sleep Solution and I think we'll give it a try.

In other news--she's a big crawler, cruising around too and loves to climb. And she also is NOT interested in purees--she loves pickles, feta, apple slices but won't touch mashed bananas or applesauce. Weird.

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#30 of 50 Old 06-20-2010, 01:16 PM

no more personals or i will add a whole page to the thread, lol!

everett is skinny, active, restless and intense. he is cruising a bit. sleep is elusive! he is up a lot at night. he and his brother are "playing" a lot more together which he loves

just added a recent pic to our fb group
http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...3&id=766555721

afm, i am starting to take better care of myself, even went to a past life healing circle yesterday which was really quite a profound experience. i have been struggling, so am trying to focus on a journey to wellness.

hope all you mamas are doing well!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page